Private Tales Red Light. Ragash.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Wisteria kept close to Ashuanar as they walked, her arm still linked in his. Her eyes traveled, capturing every detail. She had never had a reason to approach the palace, most other Hands would probably disregard her work anyways, why make friends here?

As they reached the gate, she began to study the people. There were some she knew, but made no such inclination. They were her own tools and eyes in the palace. Her eyes traveled back to the exquisite figure beside her and she returned his smile with her own, nodding in understanding.

Wisteria was no fool, there weren't many places one could go where they wouldn't be watched or eavesdropped on. She walked with him, listening intently as he spoke on the history of The Empire. She was enraptured by everything, clutching his arm excitedly. "Thank you for showing me around, telling me the things you know. I don't get much of an opportunity...there." Her eyes became downcast, but she hid it behind a smile, as they continued to walk and talk.

Ashuanar

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Ashuanar
Ashuanar was a bit curious when she spoke of a lack in opportunity, but then he was not exactly privy to how compartmentalised Medja's hands operated. He knew he employed quite a bit of it in the Imperial Host, so why would she not in the Hands. He knew well enough that she did in other ways. So he took it that Wisteria's place was down there in those darker corners of Ragash - eyes to see and ears to hear. He never really imagined such might be the case even now.

After some time they arrived at his chamber, and he reached to open the door and said, smiling, "please, come in, I won't bite."

Entering in, there would be no mistaking his station as the grand general of the army - his chambers were vast. Above there was a tall ceiling, and spread wide were the walls. There was a great balcony with three large entryways, and set near the one farthest from the door leading back out was bed far larger than one truly needed, with tall posts and rails and curtains draped round about it. Nearer to them was a place to sit, and it appeared the vizier enjoyed to partake of the hookah even here. He gestured for her to make herself comfortable. Just there on the wall closest to them was an assortment of various spirits all set nicely above a shallow countertop.

"Can I get you anything to drink," he asked, and then said, "so then, what might I expect to find should I take up this endeavour of yours?"

Wisteria feigned a pout as he gestured for her to enter his living quarters. "I do enjoy when they bite though.." She gave him a wicked grin as she strode easily into his room.

She paused for a moment to take everything in, it was definitely grander than any room she'd ever been in, that's for sure. She touched some baubles gently as she walked by them, running her hands on the soft silk of his much too large bed.

He told her to make herself at home, and so she did. She sat on the bed, fingers still tracing the fabric. She could get used to something so rich.

"I'd love a drink, I'll try your favorite." She was all charm until he brought up business again. She sobered slightly and glanced at him. "There are many secrets that will be brought to light, families that will crumble upon being revealed. There is no personal gain for you, nor for myself. I do this purely for the people that suffer because of it."

Ashuanar

• Wonder
"Oh, my dear," he said as he approached with a drink in each hand, dark spirits poured into ornated decorated goblets, "you presume too much."

With a smile he offered her the glass, looking down at her with a diminutive smile, denoting an air of confidence in him. And, true, she did presume too much. Or, perhaps, he did. He only assumed that if he were to start prying into the black market with as much invasion as Wisteria was inclining, then he would find a wealth of evidence piled against a particular family of nobility. He already had quite an abundance of information on this family as it was, given the Imperial's occupation of their estate just a few short years ago. That time passed, but they'd learned a great deal in those days - more than the Akanamar's had probably hoped for.

Still, Ashuanar had grown to catch himself in his own moments of overconfidence, and so as he settled in to sit in a chair across from her, he relented by saying his very thought on it, "but perhaps I do as well. However, any gain to the empire is a personal gain for me. After all, my life for the Empire."

He lifted his glass, and then sipped from it.

Last edited:
  • Cthuloo
Reactions: Wisteria
Wisteria eyed him silently as he presented the drink to her. She took it delicately in hand, her eyes continuing to follow him as he made himself comfortable. She took a light sip of the dark drink he had offered, ears pricking forward as he spoke.

"I have a feeling you already have an idea of where this is going, and have decided to not let on what you know. If it's a matter of trust, well, I could say anything and yet you may still choose to not believe me. I understand as I am Medja's pawn, you wouldn't want to reveal too much to me."

She paused, a thoughtful expression on her soft face. She swilled the drink before tasting it's savory and strong bite. "If you'd like, you can always test me first. This is important to me. I'd be will to prove myself to you."

She might have perhaps have redirected the conversation, but it had a purpose. He was hiding something, perhaps many things. She wanted to know what it was.

Ashuanar

• Smug
"I am the Vizier of the Imperial Host, it is my business to know what goes on in the cities that I defend," he replied, "there are a great many things that I am indeed aware of, however, I am no fool," he took a sip from his drink, "there are a great many things that I am not."

He crossed one leg over the other, and then propped his elbow upon the armrest of his seat and rested his cheek against his hand, "as for your association with Medja, on the contrary. That you are here now in my company and not in hers is a detail I find most intriguing. Should she need something of me, she need only ask and this she knows. She would send none other than herself."

Casually, he left his seat, and his feet seemed to direct him almost idly, moving near to the balcony first, then moving past and admiring some of the decor his chambers were adorned with - weaponry, armour, and fixtures clearly ceremonial or revered in some way, but after departing from her did he slowly find his way closer to her, "no my lady, my trust in you does not hinge on Medja, or any other for that matter," passing by one particular arrangement, he slid a rather ornate dagger from its place, twirling it in his hand like some play-thing, watching the blade intently as he did, "tell me, my lady. How might I test you?"

• Thoughtful
Wisteria raised an eyebrow at him, the faintest of smiles on her lips. So this was the man behind the title, and yet he wore that title like a protection, as if he was not Vizier, he was nothing. She raised the glass to her lips, her eyes following him as he moved across the room.

She continued to let him speak, let him exude his power and intelligence. Surely there was more to the man than even that. Her tail swished against the silk beneath her, as if anticipating the climax of his speech.

As he neared, she looked at him intently, in truth it was she that wanted to test him. Test all his limits. She didn't entirely trust that he wouldn't turn her in to Medja, perhaps then she'd be executed. There was no guarantee of safety here for her.

Her eyes moved to the blade he toyed with effortlessly. Hell, he could kill her here and no one would bat an eye. He didn't seem the type, but she felt the faint tickle of fear regardless.

Wisteria swallowed and then finally found her words. "Ask of me anything Vizier, and I shall obey." She stood, light steps bringing her before him easily. "Whatever you want, it's yours." It was a breathless whisper, a tantalizing offer. Her tools where limited, most of it involving the use of her body. What else could he possibly want from her?

Ashuanar

• Devil
"Ask of me anything Vizier, and I shall obey."
His movements paused. His fingers wrapped around the hilt of his dagger in a sequential grip.

"Whatever you want, it's yours."
Slowly his eyes turned to her, and his chin dipped as a strange smile took his lips. There was a glint in his eye just then, but it was not one of a sparkle or the reflection of light. It was black, and empty. And then he was upon her, his free hand wrapped around her waist and the blade of the dagger brought dangerously close to her neck - no doubt so close she could feel the coolness of it just there away from her skin. And oh so still would he be, wordlessly urging her to remain the same.

Yet he did not draw in close to her as she might have expected to invade on her obvious allure. His face remained withdrawn, his eyes fixed upon her, and a snarl placed firmly on his features.

"Look around you," he uttered, his voice oddly lacking in any tone of disdain or irritation as his expression may have implied, "what is it you think I could not ask of anyone," he did lean in a little close then, bringing his lips nearer to her ear, "very little, my dear. What can you," he paused, tilting his head away some, bringing his blade closer now to just press against her skin, "offer me?"

There were very few things that someone in a position of power, like Ashuanar, could possibly want. One of those things was quite often, of course, more power.

Wisteria did not flinch from him, her composure never faltering as the blade moved dangerously close to the flesh of her neck. He gripped her waist, and she looked into the black of his eyes, blinking slowly, the hint of a smile on her lips.

If he wished to intimidate her, well he'd have to try a lot harder. Ashuanar was many things, but she felt no threat of true violence from him. She let him speak, eyes locked onto his, never wavering. His breath was hot in her ear, and still she held fast, even as she felt the cool of the metal meet her skin.

"Yes, you have grand things and want for nothing. I'm no fool, Ashuanar." Her voice was steady, but soft as she responded. "I offer you more than things. I offer you secrets, knowledge you may not possess." She leaned up, feeling the sharp metal of the blade dig into her flesh. Her lips inches from his chin now. "I offer you loyalty, I offer you things outside wordly possession. If you have no desire for it, then perhaps it is best I take my leave of you."

She was bold, and she might pay for it. She was already here, the words had already left her lips. Blood from the small wound she had caused herself trickled down her pale neck. This had turned into a game of strength, and she wasn't sure she could match it.

Ashuanar

• Devil
And they lingered there like that for a time, holding to their chosen gambit. And in the quiet of the moment Ashuanar looked deeply into the eyes of what could easily be called his prey - though in turn he could also be called hers. The game they now played had reached a precipice, or at least it would seem as such.

"Loyalty," he echoed as a question, though one that begged no answer.

The blade remained firmly against her flesh. Sternly he studied her, testing her resolve in the face of what could very well be her final moment. Then, when it seemed as though he might draw it smoothly across her neck and bring an end to her story right there, he did not.

The blade moved away. His hold on her relented.

"Very well," he said as he set the dagger down on the mantle near to them, and then lifted his hand to wipe the small trickle of blood that had formed on her neck, "then I have a task for you, to prove yourself to me."

• Smug
Her heart beat steady in her chest as he studied her, and she in kind studied him. Oh, he could end her easily, but to be snuffed out for a reason she could not discern? What was the point, he certainly wouldn't prove anything to her if he decided to take her life.

It seemed they stared each other down for hours, when in reality ot wasn't long at all. He released his grip on her, wiping the blood from her neck. He put the blade on the mantle, and she merely took her drink, sipping it once more.

She found her seat on his satin sheets again, crossing her legs as she got comfortable once more. "As you wish, Vizier." She gave him a charming smile as she inclined her head. "Tell me what you desire."

Ashuanar

• Devil
He moved away from her again, taking the dagger from the mantle and returning it to its place. He was... impressed. Anyone lesser would have begged for their lives in the face of him in such a way - she had proved quite a bit to him already.

"House Akanamar; you are no doubt familiar with them. It has come to my attention that they have acquired something. Something that belongs to me..."

Whether Wisteria knew of what Ashuanar spoke of or not, the thing in question was none other than Iesha, the vizier's own sister.

"...I would have you find where it is they have taken that which is mine."

He returned to his seat near to her, and took his drink as well. No doubt she would have questions, but trifling with the Akanamars was no paltry task. If she wanted out, now was the time.

• Thoughtful
Pondering eyes followed every tiny movement Ashuanar made. She could see each muscle moving as he strode across the room, there was no doubt he knew what he was capable of.

"I am familiar with them, yes." She let him finish quietly, feeling she knew exactly where it was going. It confused her though and as he finished she took a quick drink to compose herself.

She studied her nails, not making eye contact as she spoke. "Why hasn't our Lady Medja struck out to retrieve Iesha herself? It was reported to her long ago." She carefully raised her eyes to his, her hand back in her lap. "I'm more than happy to oblige, though it is risky. If that is what you want.." She shrugged her delicate shoulders. "It will be done."

Ashuanar

Last edited:
"Indeed," he responded firstly, quite surprised with just how shrewd this Wisteria had proven to be. She'd been paying attention, and that was exactly what Ashuanar was looking for.

"Why she hasn't done so is beyond me, and is but another example of why there are things that must now be done," he sipped, "find Iesha, and then return to me with her whereabouts. The Akanamars went through a great deal of trouble to free her, they are much more likely to... co-operate, if her safety is not so assured."

Upon his quiet demand, Wisteria stood gracefully. She tilted the glass to her lips, finishing off what had been left. She set the glass down on a side table and turned to Ashuanar once more.

With light steps, she approached him placing a cool hand on his warm chest. He had taken advantage of her space, and now she was taking advantage of his.

"Your desire will be done, quickly and efficiently." She splayed her fingers on his chest, dragging her hand away. She turned, her tail brushing slightly as she spoke to him over her shoulder. "I suppose I shall take my leave then?" She almost hoped he said no, but she was also aware of the tremendous job he had placed in front of her. It was good she had others more discreet in her employ.

Ashuanar

• Devil
"For now," he replied, making no effort to hide that he may have in fact preferred her to say - but there was a game to be played, and this was no time to tarry. With new pieces to put on the board, in was imperative to get them in their places quickly. And it was quite likely Wisteria knew just how important a role she was to play.

Before she left, he shared with her a few final words - instructions on how she might deliver her message. One did no simply walk up to the Akanamar estate and request an audience.

"I shall await your return."

In the nights following, Wisteria's ear would come to hear much.

It was no secret that in recent months, Ragash's southern districts had become rampant with drug use, predominately something called Thorn. It was quite popular and particularly addictive to humans, but to just about anyone else it was little more than a mild sedative. For orcs it was apparently a powerful aphrodisiac, but far from harmful. For humans on the other hand, though at first it served as a pleasant hallucinogenic, after only a short time of recurrent use heart failure and death was inevitable, and abrupt.

The deaths had already begun to tally.

It was rumoured that Ragash's trade authority had been encouraged to look the other way on a number of different occasions. Oddly enough those occasions didn't seem to revolve around a particular trade company, or caravan. It did however seem to relate from where they came from - it was always Salitra. Shipments directly from Salitra to Ragash were infrequent, but far from rare. As for who had done the encouraging, well...

...one such caravan was due to arrive tonight. No doubt they might be present to secure their prize.

• Thoughtful
If Ashuanar had asked her to stay, she would have. She could tell he didn't want to be rid of her company, yet duties kept him from indulging. Instead he shared with her important things she would need to know, things of great importance in her new mission. It was one of the most difficult things she'd ever had on her plate, bit she was determined.

As she made to leave, she couldn't help but hesitate. She reached out as if to touch him, but pulled it back and made for the door. "Until then, Ashuanar. "

-----

Thorn. It was indeed a Thorn, and one she wanted to rip out of existence. She had already lost people to the taint of the drug, informants, her friends. This needed to end. She had begun to hear things, important details, details she would take advantage of.

Wisteria made sure she was going to be in the right place, at the right time. Others under her employ would be there as well, on case she herself could not get close. This was the night she got some answers, and make some progress, and perhaps her way into the Akanamar's circle.

Ashuanar

And, on schedule as predicted, the caravan that was expected by now more than one party had arrived. The interaction between the caravan's hooded carrier and the Imperial's terminal guard also went as expected. The carrier handed over something resembling a manifest. But, if Wisteria's eyes were keen enough then she would see an emblem there that looked mysteriously similar to the Akanamar's at a glance. It didn't take long for the guard to return the manifest and allow the caravan on into the depot.

Once within, the caravan was met with a dozen strangers suddenly appearing from the shadows, all cloaked and hooded. The carrier descended from his place on his wagon, and approached one individual in particular.

"Everything is here, we didn't have any trouble this time."

"Good,"
came a soft and sweetly spoken reply, "I trust then we can expect you to remain on schedule?"

"I don't know what you did, but I don't see any reason why not, now."

The one that the carrier spoke to removed the hood from her head, unveiling herself to be none other than Eirene Akanamar, "very good, then we can proceed as planned. Send my regards to Iesha, Dariu... but first...

You can come forward now. We know you are here, we know Ashuanar sent you!"

She looked back to Dariu, the would-be carrier for the meantime, and smiled. Then turned outward again and said, "you won't be harmed! We have a message!"

From where Wisteria stood, she watched the interactions with extreme attention. Not a detail was to be missed. She had an armed guard beside her, normally attending his duties at the palace. She made sure he would not be missed for some time.

She was conflicted, she had a job to do, but those drugs...well, she wanted them destroyed. She tensed as the woman spoke out to her, she had a feeling she was a Akanamar, but Wisteria had no clue as to which she was dealing with.

Wisteria hissed under her breath as the guard offered to go in her stead. She squeezed his hand affectionately and declined. No, this was her chance to begin what Ashuanar wanted to start.

With a grace a normal human wouldn't possessed, she slipped delicately from her hiding place, her chin held high as she approached the group. She knew she should be terrified, but she also wanted to do what she could for Ashuanar.

"You caught me" She spread her hands and gave the woman a disarming smile. "I was hoping for a more private setting, but this works I suppose." Honied words for a dangerous situation.

Eirene Akanamar

• Smug
Reactions: Eirene Akanamar
And from the dark shadows of the surround came one she immediately deemed bold. Eirene had not expected one of the many she suspected to have infiltrated their ranks this night to come forward so willingly, and so unarmed. She raised a brow as the Letai came before her with peaceful gestures, yet she remained far from lowering her guard.

She pursed her lips, "privacy? Yes, I suppose we could afford that..."

Eirene's eyes walked up and down Wisteria's figure, and then rested on her eyes for a time. If Wisteria was familiar with the daughter of House Akanamar at all, then she would likely know that Eirene was in charge of just about everyone here, and could very quickly make things turn sour. However, as the quiet of the moment lingered, the air of suspicion seemed to assuage.

"You will join us, no," she said with an inquiring tone, but her expression and tone as she gestured to the others around them spoke differently. The others, many of whom had silently drawn near and encroached on Wisteria's flanks, had all drawn eerily close without so much as a sound. They were robed as though they were cultists, and seemed oddly compliant to whatever Eirene spoke.

"Come," she gestured to Wisteria, "our estate offers many luxuries you might enjoy."

Wisteria kept her composure, she was trained for this. She did not cower underneath the gaze of anyone. She was here for Ashuanar, and her people. The threat of a blade in her back did not strike fear into the fox girl.

Her ears went back as some of Eirene's men encroached upon her space, her tail swishing idly. This woman was dangerous, and she would be careful with her words. Wisteria would have to match wits here, lest she be left in a ditch.

She was trapped, she had to do as Eirene wished. Wisteria smiled sweetly, her eyes studying Eirene, just as she was studied. "A lovely offer, I would be happy to accompany you." She avoided gritting her teeth in frustration, but she was indeed annoyed. Hopefully this got her where she needed to be. She needed to remember, honey over vinegar if she was to make it out alive.

@Eirene

• Smug
Reactions: Eirene Akanamar