A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Seluria Estel'Narqua

The Star Seer
Character Biography
Link
After the First Snows...
For many nights, the Seer had quietly reclused herself, contemplating the star she held in her hands, and the map it traced in the heavens. For with the eve of such a troubling revelation, and the proximity of the Syzygy, the ordinarily calm woman couldn't help but admit to an immense amount of internal discord.

The water of the as of yet unfrozen pond that she sat near rippled with an unfelt breeze, and her crimson eyes watched as figures danced in lethal conflict in her reflection. Flesh and bone intertwining and tearing. Gleaming teeth sinking deep and feeling the heat of lifeblood flood its banks. A slender shape twisting and coiling- whirling over and over. Crooked spokes lancing through the latter and forcing it to be still.

Something cold, soothing, pressed against the back of her hooded head, and the Seer shuddered instinctively as she felt the silent coo of the Dove weigh down her emotions, and still the pond again. Seluria took a slow, deep breath, and then just as slowly exhaled, her hands trembling. A ripple cascading over the pond again as a single drop struck it's surface. Finally, it cleared.

There were others. And they were in danger.
She wasn't alone. She could help them.
She had allies who would assist her.
She wasn't alone.

Quiet as the morning mist, she rose, and glided away from the water, her steps light against the frozen stone path as she wandered through the Monastery. But now, it was with purpose, rather than conflicted emotion. Ignoring the sense of cold that seemed to ride her coat-tails, the Seer paused by the notice board, taking a piece of blank parchment and the waiting quill and inkwell to write a request:

To the Knights of Anathaeum,
I seek assistance in a matter that is both personal and of grave importance to us as a whole. Recently, Syr Josai and I were able to contact one of the Trinimorro during a previous mission, and in our conversation, we came to learn that there is a child in danger from the Cult of the Everwatcher, guarded by several others of my own people.

We are in need of assistance to ensure that we retrieve them before they can come to harm. Those willing to lend their hands and hearts to such an endeavor would be greatly appreciated. Be aware, however, we will be travelling by night, rather than day, as our method to find them requires starlight.

Meet me in the central hall, should you wish to take upon this mission with us. We will organize ourselves and head out as soon as able.

Signed,
- Syr Seluria Estel'Narqua

And with that, the Seer quietly tacked up the notice, and headed indoors.

Tucked away to one side of the large mess hall at a table, Seluria had set up a pot and cups for those who wished for something to warm themselves after the bite of the cold nights had settled in. Beside these, warm by proximity, were several pastries and other lighter foods for those who had yet to have breakfast. She herself was partaking in one already, and the gem on her mask glinted slightly as she glanced up, noting someone approaching. A tired smile graces her features.

"One step forward, or in this case, deeper, and we nearly trip into a well's worth of trouble, don't we?" she murmurs.

(( Josai Toska since you were both interested <3

• Sip
Reactions: Petra Darthinian
What revelations had come to them, down beneath the depths of dream and psyche, were no small shock.

Allies, bonded to them by fate. Lost in time, though kept in blood and act. Pursued by their enemy.

The Everwatcher.

Dark thoughts, for dark times. It helped none at all that her skin itched, and her stomach turned as the double eclipse grew closer and closer.

One step forward... came the voice of her sworn sister.

"Such is the curse of the well intentioned, I am afraid," Josai said with a weak smile. Bowed her head to her, and approached. Sat. She felt little hunger, but made herself eat.

To travel on an empty stomach, was to invite folly of all manner.

"But we will see it through, best we can, Selluria," she tried to assure. "And with some hope," her smile gained in its brightness. "We'll come back with your kin in tow,"

Seluria Estel'Narqua Toska

Happenstance brought Isander to the monastery this day, shoulders laden with travelsacks and fitted in the accoutrements of road dust. Fancies of hot meals in the mess, of a day's quiet meditation at the waterfront pulled him onward. A day of respite, no more. He could forgive himself that much before taking again to the Wyld.

He was still working the tenderness from his neck, fingers pressed hard into the meat between collar and shoulder, as he crossed to the notice board. Fresh writing caught at his eye, brought his weary feet to attention. It wrapped about him. Beckoned him to read, transfixed. The name chilled him, set his bones to ache and quiver. A stir of urgency set him to motion.

Rest could wait. He would not play mummery to a child's murder. Not at the hands of the Cult.

With vigor redoubled he pushed into the mess, scanning for the sage whose name dotted the missive. He found her in short order and made his approach with bowl of stew in hand—that necessity, at least, he refused to ignore.

"Room for one more?" he asked, setting down beside them to the tune of a gurgling stomach. "I would join you in this, should you have me."

Seluria Estel'Narqua Josai

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Josai
Seluria smiles faintly to Josai. "Indeed. Perhaps this will gain some more tangible feeling than that confused clarity after one wakes from a dream. I find myself still waiting to forget the details, after what we found out." she murmured.

The soft clack of a bowl being placed on the table brought her out of her reverie however, and Seluria looked up to see a new face. A flicker of something passed over the gem set into her mask, the seer murmuring something along the lines of 'the six fingered hand...?' before she chuckles. "Of course, friend. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. And I have a feeling you in particular might be just the intervention needed."

Sitting back a little, she sighs, taking a sip of her tea. "Do you have any questions, before we prepare to set out?"

Josai Isander

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Josai
In the Seer’s company were already two by the time he’d meandered his way in. Saying nothing, lest he speak over the rest, he loosed the thick wool about his shoulders and neck upon halting next to their table, but a cursory glance given to each attendee. A question was asked, which he figured he might as well seize in place of any which formal announcement of his intentions.

“ How far do you suspect this quest will have us stray? “ He inquired, yet standing as he reached over to the table to pour himself a cup of tea from the pot. First things first.

“ Just in interest of how one ought gear up for the road. “

Josai Isander Seluria Estel'Narqua

With the days of darkness fast approaching, the only thing that was really on Josai's mind was, what would become of them, were they caught beneath the moon shadows come the shroud?

Come Aarno, and his practicalities. Josai smiled, nod. "As far as the Delta lands of the Iuk-'u, if my memory serves correct,"

She said with a wane smile. Looked to Seluria. "But it was our Seer who was entrusted with the star," she bowed her head to her Sister of Dusk. "May be, that with four, the dream will come to crystal,"

Aarno Seluria Estel'Narqua Isander