Private Tales New Responsibilities

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Huh. That was interesting.

Aisling hadn't expected Ein to be superstitious. Or maybe it was just a gut feeling, a sixth sense? They trained Dreadlords in a lot of weird things from what she'd been told. Just to be safe the noble woman focused for a split second and boosted both of their luck ever so slightly. It probably wouldn't make a major impact, or was even necessary, but she didn't want to take any unneeded risks.

"Let me know if the feeling gets worse," she added. She could always focus a bit more luck.

They walked out of the seedy club and into the familiarity of the bazaar. Aisling suddenly felt like she needed to go and take a very hot bath. De-compress from her blunder and erase the stink of it. Sadly, they'd failed to accomplish anything so onwards they went.

Ears perked up at the question pointed at her. "Of course. Ask me whatever you like." She shook her head in astonishment and added, "and you don't have to call me your lady." Aisling may have been a decade his senior and a noble of Vel Anir but she drew the line at, 'my lady.'

• Sip
Reactions: Ein
Ein nodded his head, though in the back of his mind he couldn't help but think what one of the Proctors would say if they ever heard him address Aisling by her name.

They had always been strict about names and titles. Everyone had their place in the world, a fact which had been drilled into them from the first day. Not that Ein particularly cared anymore. Proctor or Archon, they were all dogs of the military now, beholden to another set of laws that nobody was quite yet sure of.

"Alright." He said with a glance at her.

Ein would never argue against something that made his life easier.

"What is it we're trying to accomplish here?" His voice was low, but loud enough for her to hear. He didn't want anyone in the crowd to listen in on their conversation. "I mean I know the party line. Get the city back, but…"

He glanced down at her again. "How far are we willing to go?"

Ein's voice remained neutral, steady. His question, though simple, had a complex answer. If negotiations failed and things fell apart, what would they do? Kill the council? Break them down through threat and intimidation? Ein didn't care how they did it, but he needed to know what to prepare for.

• Smug
Reactions: Aisling Weiroon
Titles and formalities were fine but they created an overly formalized environment. Any of her attendants or personal bodyguards were always instructed to dispense of such things, though very few did. It was nice that Ein had joined the ranks of the few in close proximity who listened to that simple request.

People tended to put more effort into something if they were working for someone who treated them as an equal.

The corners of Aisling's mouth tilted upwards at his next line of questioning. "We're here to make sure they're trading iron and arms with Vel Anir," her brow furrowed slightly, "and no one else."

Truthfully, that was her only mission. Get them to give up the fruitless idea of trading with anyone outside of Vel Anir's sphere of influence by tossing enough Weiroon money at them that they'd be fools not to accept. Then, slowly, over the course of a few years re-incorporate the city-state back into a provincial government that answered to the Republic of Vel Anir.

Aisling's new masters back home had been quite clear about this.

His next question though, gave her pause. "We don't have to worry about that."

Those words were short, direct. Perhaps he was correct, she'd wondered the same thing, that if the council told her vanguard to piss off the Anirian military would... escalate things in Amroe. Force them to capitulate to their demands. It was the stick and she was the carrot.

"Our task is straightforward and simple Ein," until the council had thrown a wrench into it, "we shouldn't do anything... actually, nevermind." Technically they were already working outside the bounds of their orders but Aisling figured exploring the city and hunting for information would only get her in trouble if the Republic found out about it.

And they weren't going to find out.

• Smug
Ein slowly raised an eyebrow, opening his mouth to ask a question before he slowly closed his lips and simply nodded. "Alright."

He tried to remind himself that Aisling's mission was not his own.

The Dreadlord had been sent along to ensure that Lady Weiroon remained safe. That no harm, came to her while she was in Amroe. If he could accomplish that than the Guard would give him an 'attaboy'. Whether or not she succeeded in his political goal?

That wasn't his responsibility.

He tried to remind himself of that, but then she finished speaking.

A frown touched his face for a brief moment, and he half stopped. Amber eyes flickered down towards her, and his expression became one of curiosity. What did Aisling want, he wondered? What was she trying to get out of all this?

She certainly didn't seem like she wanted to be here. After a few moments more thought, Ein just nodded. Deciding it was best to do what he always did; go with the flor.

"Lets see if we can't find that Council Member then." He was sure they could be very convincing.

• Sip
"Yes, let's find him."

It was nice to see a bodyguard who was thinking about the big picture. Most of the Guard she'd interacted with followed orders and carried out their duty well enough but they tended to be dumb as rocks. A lot of the sailors she commanded weren't much better. Even the Dreadlords she'd had at her disposal tended to just be varying levels of sociopathic.

Ein was turning out to be a decent change of pace. Perhaps the Anirian Guard had tempered him. Or maybe he had always been this way.

There were two coffee shops in the bazaar but Aisling already knew which one most likely housed Hinsley. The Crowded Buzz was a shop near the entrance of the huge shopping center and served more as a location for the working class who came as tourists to the ritzy shopping center.

Eventually, they found where Aisling had assumed their target would be. Café Trois.

A cute patio adorned the front of the building but the interior was an elaborate longue with an upstairs that was typically reserved for more affluent members of society. That was where Hinsley, if he was even here, would be. She was sure of it.

But the first step to getting up there was a simple one. "What are you having to drink?"

They'd need to blend in. Hopefully Ein liked coffee.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Edric
Ein made a face as he looked at the large coffee house board that was in front of him. A dozen things were written and listed in chalk, most of which he had to squint to actually see.

"I uhh.." It was at that moment that he realized he'd never actually had coffee before.

There weren't many luxuries in the lives of Initiates, and Coffee was hardly one of them. It had never even occurred to him that it was something he should try. In the Reach he had mostly focused on drinking wine, eating steak, and having an enjoyable time with...other pursuit.

Coffee had never even entered his radar. "Well."

He frowned, looking at Aisling.

"What are you having?" Ein looked back at the board. "I was thinking the...Dragons Blood Espresso..."

Whatever in the fuck that was.

• Sip
”Not a terrible choice,” though she expected he’d hate espresso mixed with a spicy cherry syrup this place called, ‘dragon’s blood.’ ”I’d order something a bit more mild. Perhaps the King’s Cafe au Lait or the Lingering Latte would be better choices?”

Both drinks would be a decent introduction. The King’s had quite a lot of milk but you still at least got hints of coffee flavor. The Lingering had an enchantment cast on the beans which caused the caffeine to last significantly longer, a great trick used amongst scholars (or so she was told).

A finger pointed up at the board as she stated simply, ”I’m going for the Taagi Vanilla,” a simple mixture of vanilla bean, espresso, and cream, ”but go with whatever takes your fancy.”

Aisling laid a Cortosi silver talon on the bartop, best not to use Anirian coin in these parts, and ordered her drink. A bob of her head towards Ein followed. ”And whatever he’s having.”

“Yes ma’am,” the skinny barista said as another worker began to make the Weiroon’s drink.

She moved to the end of the bar, collected her mug, and waited for Ein to make his selection. All the while eyeing the upstairs section and debating the best manner for them to gain access.

• Nervous
Ein stared at the board for a few more seconds, frowning, and then looking at Aisling as she offered him even more suggestions.

After a few seconds of the barista staring at him expectantly Ein finally cleared his throat. "I'll have the Lingerie Latte."

The girl behind the counter frowned for a moment, tilting her head at Ein.

"Lingering Latte?"​

"Ah. Yes." Ein said with a nod of his head. "That. That would be delicious I think."

He offered her a smile, and the girl behind the counter let out a quiet giggle. Ein slipped away from the counter and walked over towards where Aisling was standing. As he came to stand besides her he noticed the not so subtle gaze up towards the step.

Ein followed her gaze. "I can cause a distraction."

He offered, glancing back towards the instruments behind the counter, an idea trickling into his head.

• Sip
Aisling overheard the staff call out Ein's drink and she issued an approving nod in his direction. They were likely to have a long day that would trail into the evening. The added caffeine might do him some good.

"Hm," she mused on the idea of a distraction. It was a sound plan, it might even work. Clarissa wasn't here to object either.

There were risks and dangers to being too brazen but she had to trust the Dreadlord's instincts on something like this. Besides, the entire venture was risky and brazen! Aisling blew at the stem emanating from her latte and took a cautious sip.

It tasted divine.

"It's quite good today," she offered as a grin grew across her face. "Do it."

She took a few steps closer to the staircase. Best to be ready in case the window to ascend was small. Aisling was, once again, overjoyed that Clarissa wasn't here. The chance of Aisling and Ein being separated, even for a second, would have driven her attendant mad with worry. But there wasn't much risk of harm befalling her in a place like Cafe Trois.

• Smug
Ein nodded his head.

There wasn't really much to his plan, there didn't need to be. As he moved to grab his drink his gaze flickered over some of the oddities behind the counter. He let his eyes float over them, and then to one large glass pot in the back.

That will do. Ein thought to himself. Then he stepped up to the counter, grabbing the odd cup that had some sort of strange lid on it. He watched for just a moment, taking a sip of his drink and waiting.

When the Barista stepped away from the pot Ein smiled.

In the exact same moment, his free hand flickered. A snap of his fingers rang out, and in an instant the glass pot exploded. The sound was loud enough to snap nearly everyone's attention towards it, a scream echoing out a second later as an overdramatic man threw his drink on himself in surprise.

"OH MY GODS!"​

He called out.

"I'VE BEEN BURNED! WHAT HAPPENED?! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!"​

The sound of his voice carried throughout the establishment, the Guard at the stairs immediately moving away from his post. Ein looked back at Aisling, and then quickly darted to her side.

• Popcorn
"Perfect," she whispered under her breath once Ein got close enough.

Together they ascended the stairs quickly before the guard could return or notice two strangers entering the space reserved for the upper crust of Amroe society. Once at the top of the floor they noticed a huge chandelier with nearly fifty candles all burning a strange blue, likely some sort of arcane fire. Groups of dignified men and women were gathered at the bronze railing to gape down at the commotion that was still on-going on the first floor.

A quick once over let Aisling know that none of them were their target.

She looked around, appearing as any ordinary customer looking for a table (though Ein and her were very much not dressed for this part of the cafe). Eventually she saw precisely what they sought out.

In the corner sat a man in a large top hat, flanked on either side by gorgeous looking women. From what she'd heard about him this man, Mr. Hinsley, had not taken a wife. He'd taken two. Polygamy was very much not recognized by the state of Vel Anir but apparently the city-state of Amroe had no such qualms.

Standing just to the edge of his table was a large orc and burly looking human. His bodyguards, both eyeing the gathering of nobles at the railing.

Aisling, undeterred, approached his booth and the man looked away from his cup of coffee and up at her. "They're letting any street rabble up here these days I see."

"Mr. Hinsley," she said with a nod. Best not to give who she was away. "I'm here for that... thing you needed."

Perhaps she should've thought this through a bit more before running straight at him.

• Haha
Ein decided that it was probably best to keep his mouth shut in a place like this.

He noted the bodyguards standing by Mr. Hinsley, the massive Orc and Human large enough to probably see most people simply walk away from the situation all together. Most people. Ein smiled slightly, taking up position directly behind Aisling.

The Dreadlord wasn't as bigger as either of the other men, but that would hardly matter if things came to a head.

His shoulders squared slightly, and he tried to take on the same brutish look that the guards had. It didn't come as easy to him, pretty as his face was, but he thought he did a fair enough job. His arms crossed in front of his chest, and then he waited for Aisling to speak.

An almost immediate cringe ran through him as she did, his hand almost coming up to smack his own face. I think she might not belong in politics.

Ein thought to himself.

• Haha
"Oh. Right." Hinsley said after a long pause and a quizzical look overcame him. Aisling was starting to think that she might just belong in politics.

Hinsley looked her over up-and-down before his eyes darted towards Ein and he did the same thing. Sizing them up as if they were cattle at the market. "I thought I told the association that I just wanted women but, well, for a man he looks womanly enough."

He thought, oh, oh no. How did this keep happening?

"N-no, sir, with all due respect we are not from any association of that nature," she blurted out as quickly as she could.

Further confusion overtook Hinsley's face as he tried to figure out what other business they'd come for. "This is of a much more... sensitive nature." That probably wasn't the best word choice either but she was grasping at straws at this point. Maybe if she took a glug of her coffee it would seem... mysterious. Or intimidating. Or something.

An eyebrow came up on the gentleman's face and realization dawned. "Ah. You're from Ivolia."

Ivolia, a Cortosi duchy on the western front, which had been rapidly growing in power. Was that the play the council in Amroe was entertaining?

• Cthulhoo rage
Ein couldn't help but turn his head slowly towards Aisling as Mr. Hensley assumed he was a prostitute.

A very pretty and apparently feminine prostitute.

Briefly he considered burning the entire room alive. It wouldn't have been that hard, and might stave him some humiliation at this point. A coffee house exploding likely wouldn't have been too unbelievable, and he was pretty sure he could shield Aisling well enough with his wings.

The Dreadlord hadn't exactly been taught to weather humiliation of any sort, and he was half a second away from simply grabbing Mr. Hensley and beating him half to death when they finally got a useful piece of information.

As soon as he mentioned the city Ein ran through everything he knew about the place.

In his time at the Academy there had been many missions to Cortos. Seeds of dissent sowed, Church leaders killed, villages burnt down to cut off supplies and cause chaos. He had never been to Ivolia, though knew of it's ambitions.

The city was famous for it's cavalry. Men who apparently rode on strange lizard like creatures instead of horses.

His lips thinned, and Ein dragged himself back into reign. Standing there with a scowl as Aisling dug their grave further.

• Nervous
This was going so well! Ivolia being a potential suitor to their iron supply was vital intel to have, Admiral Jarun would be quite pleased to learn that if the deal Aisling had come to offer fell through.

Best of all Ein was taking the whole situation like a champ. She would’ve expected him to take offense or be upset but he appeared perfectly calm. Though she suspected he was quietly stewing underneath it all. She’d commanded a few sailors like that in the past.

”Yes, Ivolia. I was to inform you that our dignitary will arrive in Amroe tomorrow afternoon.”

An annoyed grimace crossed his thin jawline, “tomorrow? We were to meet tonight. Stupid girl. We had to push back, ugh, never mind that. I’m not sure we can make a meeting work-“

Aisling cut him off, ”sorry sir, I meant this afternoon. He will make his scheduled appointment. Sorry again,” she was practically bowing now, ”I’m still new with the Ivolia state department.”

Hinsley sneered. “Very well.” Almost immediately the wealthy Amroe businessman went back to his conversation with the two ladies draped on either arm. Completely ignoring the messenger girl whom he likely viewed as being incompetent.

Aisling Weiroon turned and headed down the stairs, depositing her half-drinken mug on an empty serving tray before heading back out into the street. She waited until Ein and she were alone again.

”We need to know what they discuss tonight.” The particulars could be useful in whatever negotiations followed tomorrow. Aisling bit at her lip in quiet debate.

She looked at Ein with concern in her emerald eyes. ”I think,” a second of hesitation, ”we have to do something about Hinsley. He can’t meet me. The real me.”

Perhaps they could kidnap him or something. Temporarily of course, while making it appear like an act of random criminals.

• Sip
Ein lingered for a moment, perhaps too long a moment. He stood there, staring. His lips thin and amber eyes observed Mr. Hensley. Finger tapped on his bicep, and then finally the man looked up once more and peered at the Dreadlord.

"I believe it's time for you to leave. Your mistress has gone. Pretty boy."

A scowl pulled at his lips, and he started to take half a step forward before something stopped him. A voice in the back of his head. A whisper of sense. He stared at the assemblyman for a moment more, and then turned on his heel to follow after Aisling.

He offered no explanation as he came down the steps, and apparently Aisling asked for none. Almost immediately as they ducked into a more private alcove she began to speak about the meeting that Mr. Hensley had spoken of.

A nod tipped his head. "No."

He agreed.

"He can't, but you could." Negotiations like these were often fought with subterfuge and lies. Why would this be any different. "You could take his place, a new representative."

Ein glanced at Aisling. "We just have to make sure he isn't there."

Something he would happily take care of.

• Popcorn
"Yes," she said while thinking through the steps it would take, "I'll attend the meeting in disguise. Dressed as a Cortosi sultanese." There were a few rulers from petty kingdoms whose descriptions were suspect at best. A see-through cloth that hid her face would work well enough to emulate one of them.

Aisling nodded at Ein's suggestion to ensure that Hinsley wasn't present.

Even if she hid her face perfectly, to which she was sure Clarissa would be up to the challenge, there was always the possibility that Hinsley might recognize her voice.

"We need to be certain he is absent from the meeting. Do you think that you can take care of it?"

Ein was a Dreadlord. He'd more than capable of distracting the wealthy business owner for a few hours or possibly detaining him in a faux robbery if it came to it. Aisling was certain she had a protector who knew the proper ways to ensure that a member of high society was indisposed for a time.

"I'll need to get back to Clarissa," she insisted, "come find me once you have a location and time for me."

It should be simple enough. Get Hinsley to tell you the place and the hour that the meeting was to occur with the representative from Ivolia. Then, peacefully, remove Hinsley from the playing board for a day or so. Simple stuff that Ein was surely capable of pulling off.

• Smug
Finally, something that he could do. Something that he could actually excel at. Everything so far had been...well not boring, but not quite exciting either. This was at least something that he was good at. Something where he could let loose a bit.

He smiled at Aisling for a brief second. "I'll get it done."

For a moment he nearly stepped away from her, and then thought better of it. Head shaking quickly, Ein motioned through the crowd and back towards the Hotel.

"I'll see that one of the Knights guards you while I'm gone." If Aisling was murdered because he'd decided not to escort her back to the hotel this would all fall apart. He wasn't about to have something fun snatched from his grasp because of a simple mistake.

Quickly Ein lead Aisling back towards the side entrance of the Hotel they had departed from. Grabbing the Anirian Knight and issuing a terse threat of what would happen to him if any harm would come to Aisling.

After that Ein departed with a broad beaming smile. More than happy in the knowledge of what he was about to do.
proxy.php
Three hours later there was a rap of knuckles against the great double doors to Aisling's hotel room.

Ein stood before the carved wood as immaculate as ever. Not a single hair was out of place, and his coat seemed as though it had been stitched together that very day. One never would have guessed that he'd spent the last two hours torturing and ripping apart a man piece by piece.

Mr. Hensly had been surprisingly resistant, even after his guards had been burnt to nothing less than ash. Yet with the help of a very sharp knife, and a touch of fire that burnt hotter than the sun itself he had eventually been convinced to tell every tale Ein had desired.

The Dreadlord was sure he had gotten the truth of things, and when he had, Mr. Hensly had received his promise death.

It had been a quick end. A cut across the throat, followed by a spark of fire which had consumed his corpse in a rapturess flame. No one would find evidence of dear Mr. Henly, nothing but scorch marks upon his wooden floors.

Ein happily waited for Clarissa to get the door, humming the tune to "Anirin's Delight" as he waited.

• Scared
For hours Clarissa worked on Aisling’s look. Twisting her blonde hair into taut curls which were partially covered by a bonnet. Afterwards she draped a thin pink cloth over the top of the bonnet which worked well enough to conceal her face. The noble woman stared into a mirror for nearly five minutes assessing the validity of the disguise before she allowed Clarissa to carry on.

A corset here, leggings there, and a large flowing dress that extended down to her ankles. It was fashioned in a style popular in Oban and Aisling had it packed in case they took a detour on the way back to Vel Anir. She’d be attending this meeting as a wealthy representative of the Cenros family whose holdings sat several miles away from Amroe.

She just hoped that Ein had completed his task well enough.

Discovered the location and time of the meeting they were to attend and ensure that Hinsley was no longer going to be present. She hoped he wasn’t too rough on the aristocratic man, no matter how insufferable he’d been.

A knock on the door that Clarissa answered and Ein was there.

”Come in,” she shouted with an excitement to her voice, ”how did it go with Hinsley? Did you get the details of the meeting?

She stood there, looking incredibly dolled up even through her veil, waiting anxiously for whatever news the noble Dreadlord had brought.

• Nervous
Ein immediately raised an eyebrow as Aisling stepped into view.

Looking at the noblewoman was like looking at...like...like...well he wasn't entirely sure. Even through the veil she looked the picturesque image of a many men's fantasies. Ein could feel someone biting his tongue, though it must have been him given that neither Aisling nor Clarissa had jumped into his arm.

A cough stuttered through his throat. "Yes."

He managed to finally speak, finding his throat dryer than it should have been.

"I did." The Dreadlord slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out a small piece of parchment. Upon it was written the details that Aisling had requested. A time, a place, and even the name of whom would be at the meeting was scrawled across the paper.

Of course, along with those very necessary details came a single spot of crimson in the corner of the paper.

He held it between his index and middle finger, offering it to Aisling. "Everything you need is right here."

The Dreadlord said, still find his tongue rather dry.

• Popcorn
"Good work," she commended Ein while taking the scrap of parchment. Oh. There was a speckle of blood in the corner...

Well that wasn’t a shock. Surely he’d been forced to use a bit of Dreadlord persuasion. Hopefully the man simply sustained a bloody nose and some bruised ribs. Aisling wouldn’t pry too much into Ein’s methods. That was his specialty, not hers.

A gesture was made and Clarissa grabbed a length of orange fabric. ”You’re coming with me.” As soon as the words left her mouth Clarissa was taking Ein’s measurements while the fabric was draped over her shoulder.

”Clarissa will get you dressed. You’re going to be my bodyguard.”

Cortosi garb was quite different from Anirian clothing. At least from her perspective. They’d need to nail the outfits to avoid raising suspicion and she assumed ‘bodyguard’ was basically Ein’s task on this mission already.

It should’ve been an easy adjustment.

Aisling help up two berets, one pink and the other violet, ”which one?” She stated at Ein expectantly.

• Stressed
Clarissa jerked his arm upward with the strength of a golem. The little woman shifting around him and beginning to take his measurements without a word of approval or prodding. Ein opened his mouth to object, but already realized it was useless.

He frowned for a moment, looking at Aisling. "That's fi-"

As he was mid sentence Clarissa wrapped her arms around his chest, measuring carefully but squeezing just a bit too tight. He looked down at the woman, letting out a sigh and shaking his head as Aisling asked yet another quick question.

"Uh..." For him? "Violet, I guess?"

He was no stranger to clothes, not after all the money Weiroon had thrown at him.

• Popcorn
Aisling allowed a smile to break through as she chucked the pink beret over her shoulder. ”Good choice,” in a fluid motion she placed the violet hat atop Ein’s head.

Clarissa carried on, wrapping a strand around his torso, occasionally mumbling to herself while she worked.

”They’re meeting at a residence on the edge of the city,” she stared at Ein through her veil as her attendant was making the finishing alterations on his outfit. ”You’ll introduce me as a representative of the Cenros family.”

She couldn’t risk anyone from the Amroe council recognizing her voice if the meeting went ahead tomorrow.

”We’re merely there to listen and learn.” She also couldn’t risk Ein getting overly aggressive.

Aisling twirled around as her attendant nodded. ”Go ahead, try on what Clarissa has prepared for you.”

• Popcorn
His lips turned to a frown as as Aisling gathered herself onto her tip toes and placed the violet hat onto his head.

Why. Ein thought to himself. Why have the gods done this to me?

He asked, knowing fully well it was likely because he'd never once believed in or prayed to them. Perhaps that had been his mistake all along, he'd never believed in a higher power. Well, save for the all mighty coin, of course.

The Dreadlord let out a grunt as Aisling directed him as to what he would be doing in their meeting.

If it was going to be anything like the one with Mr. Hensly, Ein was almost positive that he would just end up torching the entire room. With a sigh the Second Level Drealord of Vel Anir resigned himself, stepping over towards Clarissa.

Not bothering with the screen like Aisling had, Ein stripped off his well tailored clothes and quickly dressed himself in the costume Clarissa provided.

• Smug
Ein shed his clothes all the way down to his knickers. Earning a blush from both Aisling and Clarissa. The noble from Weiroon averted her eyes but she was fairly certain her attendant stared on in morbid curiosity.

Once the man was fully dressed he was in a lavish suit of orange, purple, and pink. Lots of draping fabrics and weird little designs throughout his outfit. "Huh."

That was all Aisling said at first, once the Dreadlord had regained his dignity. "Clarissa, is this really what Obanese bodyguards dress like?"

"Yes." She nodded feverishly.

For a second or two Aisling couldn't tell if she'd been duped by her assistant. Clarissa was well traveled and understood much but she also had a penchant for pranks. Still, they both knew that this was a potential life-or-death situation so she was fairly certain this was not a joke.

Clarissa cleared her throat, "the Cenros family is quite wealthy and quite extravagant. I spent some time with one of their bodyguards when they sent an envoy to Vel Anir."

That was interesting, but Aisling let it slide. She'd have to question her attendant at another time.

"Do you have any questions?" she asked Ein nervously. "Any concerns?" They'd need to get going fairly soon if they were to arrive on time. They had a bit more daylight to kill though in case he had some reservation.

• Sip