Fable - Ask Me? Oh I'm just a traveler!

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Enca Boralaine

The Doctor is in
Character Biography
Link
"So then I pick the guy up and rip his throat clean out of his neck!" The house roared with cheers of amusement and laughter as drops of blood peppering Enca from a few patrons who raised their drinks just a bit too high. This place stunk both figuratively and literally. When Enca first heard about this place and how it was a haven for vampires of all shapes and sizes she was intrigued especially since its location was in the direction she was traveling anyhow. All the secrecy and code phrases used to describe the area in which it stood really built u the atmosphere. What a disappointment it turned out to be...

Enca was expecting to finally be around a group of people that could understand her and her preternatural issues but instead, she simply arrived at one of your typical bars except that it was inside a broken old house and half of the customers couldn't stand in you know SUNLIGHT, And DEAR GOD for Vampire's these guys sure didn't know what quality blood tastes like! She hasn't tasted blood this bitter and watery since she was forced to feed on that rat a few years back...yeah that was a dark time...

"Where are they even getting all of this blood?!"

Enca's nostrils flared to life the smell of blood too strong to pinpoint through scent alone. There was a certain draft in the air it felt stale and cold almost like damp rotting wood. Come to think of it the floors weren't exactly evenly placed there were small openings between the rivets and they all had a certain odor to them like mold in a musty cellar.

Don't tell me...

Enca tapped the bartender's shoulder earning a scowl from the large grizzled man. "If you want more Blood you're going to have to wait we need to get more loaded up." "About that...Where do you keep that blood anyway?" "Hey! if you're thinking about-" "Oh come on give me a little more credit! You really think I'd steal blood that tastes like..." Enca let her sentence trail off, after all, it isn't usually the best course of action to insult the drinks to the owner of a bar right? "So um...are you going to tell me or not?"

The bartender let out a sigh clearly exasperated with Enca's line of questioning. "We keep em down in the basement in some containers we found when the owner finally croaked." Enca resisted the urge to gag as she rose from her seat her pale face becoming a sickly green as she sprinted through the rotten timber door marking the entrance to the bar.

"What an unsightly display!" She whined as she approached a dead end in the wide thicket surrounding the log cabin the thick grove of leaves and branches hanging overhead making the area seem as though it were inside a giant shrub. Dots of light could be seen moving within the thicket and zooming through the air a gentle humming sound accompanying what appeared to be fireflies as they skittered through the shrubbery attempting to hide within its greenery. Taking a deep breath Enca leaped through the bush the thorns inside riddling the Vampire with cuts and sores. Apparently, all one needed to keep most people away was a thorny bush...

...unless you can regenerate that is...

As tempting as it was to simply close up these new wounds Enca held off her regenerative process as her nose detected a human scent somewhere deep in the forest, The scent was vague and posed many questions but it was clearly male. The man had a metallic and pristine smell like armor or some other kind of metal not often found in Falwood's vast jungles and forests.

"What a strange and lucrative smell you have..." The bar may have been lousy but blood is blood so whoever this was wouldn't have to keep a hand on their neck...at least for now anyway. Enca assumed an inhuman pace as she leaped from tree to tree branch to branch all in search of a human stench rotting in her nostrils.

Character Biography
Link
"Well boy, have you caught their scent?" He asks Kerberos.

Kerberos, quite the dog. A kind of canine native to his homeland, positively massive, most grew up to be the size of a horse, oh, and they had three heads. They looked almost identical to wolves or huskies, well, that is if huskies had three snouts, six ears, six eyes, three tongues, three stomachs and were big enough to ride. Kerberos was black of fur, quite the contrast to Eberwolf's white armor.

Eberwolf himself was also quite large, his people having been warring with vampires for millennia now, they tended to be on the bigger side to more easily overpower vampires with their mortal strength. Eberwolf himself carried two weapons, a principe longsword and a rondelle dagger. He was clad in full plate armor, painted white.

"Go on boy, sniff them out." He says simply.

His dog did just that, the three noses putting themselves to the ground. Eberwolf watched his dog closely. It was this that alerted him to the presence of someone he hadn't noticed, Kerberos's ear twitched as it did when he heard something. And Eberwolf cautiously laid his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Enca Boralaine

. New

Enca Boralaine

The Doctor is in
Character Biography
Link
(I am SO sorry I've been so busy this week I COMPLETELY forgot about this! Very sorry for the wait but I should be more consistent now!)

"Blech! Now that I'm closer this guy smells like a wet dog!"

Enca examined closer and found that it WAS a dog...or something of that sort. Something about it didn't feel right it was like its weight was off and it had more blood than usual. Perhaps it had a tumor or something of that nature, that would be sad if that was true maybe she'd provide some treatment to the poor beast. Enca could feel the weight of the human's presence now which means if she kept going he'd probably hear her coming at these inhuman speeds which isn't what she wants.

Stopping her momentum Enca allowed herself to fall to the ground twigs crushed beneath her heeled feet as she landed her hands holding the edges of her dress off the soiled muddy ground. Pursing her lips the Vampire whistled a melancholy tune its low pitch and long notes reminding her of a funeral she attended a long time ago. From the darkness, she emerged her substantial height forcing her to duck under tree branches as she approached Sir Eberwolf Kinniger his hand anxiously clutching his blade.

"Do you hold all strangers in such low esteem?" Enca gestured toward the knight's sword his fingers wrapped tightly around it.

"I'm talking about that. I'm sorry it's just unbelievably mean to treat someone this way!" The pale woman split her lips to smile her dress kissing the dirt as she curtsied before this armored figure.

"Enca Ungerecht Boralaine, at your acquaintance. I offer many services..." The woman flashed a yellow smile. "You need only ask for them."

Character Biography
Link
COMPLETELY forgot about this! Very sorry for the wait but I should be more consistent now!)

(No sweat. IRL comes first, always.)

"Do you hold all strangers in such low esteem?" Enca gestured toward the knight's sword his fingers wrapped tightly around it.

"I'm talking about that. I'm sorry it's just unbelievably mean to treat someone this way!" The pale woman split her lips to smile her dress kissing the dirt as she curtsied before this armored figure.

"Enca Ungerecht Boralaine, at your acquaintance. I offer many services..." The woman flashed a yellow smile. "You need only ask for them."

"All those who are supernatural, yes." He answered. He wouldn't beat around the bush, he knew instantly what she was, and the three headed dog just helped in confirming that fact.

"Eberwolf Kinniger." He said. His name may or may not have been known to her, among a number of vampires he was infamous for his unrelenting and uncompromising crusade to destroy their kind. Though his intents were largely exaggerated. He came here because it was much too close to his homeland to overlook. "If you are so eager to help. I'm looking for a vampire haven. They've drawn too close to my people. And they must leave."

Enca Boralaine

The Doctor is in
Character Biography
Link
Enca frowned at Eberwolfs response his quick deduction of her identity something she was hoping to avoid. Not only that, he seemed to be aware of the den of Vampires just to the north of where they stood. Enca placed a clawed finger on her bottom lip a vague expression taking hold of her.

"Just how are you planning to get them to leave exactly? I doubt they would listen to a simple request..."

Enca walked in a circle around the man like a vulture waiting for its prey to decease before striking. Gently she ran a hand down his armor her tongue running over her fangs over and over as she did.

"You know this is some exquisite armor! Excellent craftsmanship, sturdy build...you spent a LOT of time on this didn't you?"

Enca came to a stop behind the knight both her hands now firmly gripping his shoulders. She bent over to whisper in the man's helmeted ear her breath like death and her voice cold and stinging.

"Do you know how many Vampires are in there? Or do you simply not care?"

One hand moved to grab the man's sword arm while the other went to caress his throat devious intent in mind.

"You know I've heard rumors that a very powerful vampire is secretly running the place. He's supposed to steal the faces of those he kills so no one can ever catch him."

Enca's sharpened pinky remained trained on the man's throat as her fingers gripped the inside of Kinniger's helmet intending to lift it from his head.

"What does your face look like? I hope it's pretty."

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger

Character Biography
Link
Enca frowned at Eberwolfs response his quick deduction of her identity something she was hoping to avoid. Not only that, he seemed to be aware of the den of Vampires just to the north of where they stood. Enca placed a clawed finger on her bottom lip a vague expression taking hold of her.

"Just how are you planning to get them to leave exactly? I doubt they would listen to a simple request..."

"They will leave. They will have to." He said, and nothing followed.

Enca walked in a circle around the man like a vulture waiting for its prey to decease before striking. Gently she ran a hand down his armor her tongue running over her fangs over and over as she did.

"You know this is some exquisite armor! Excellent craftsmanship, sturdy build...you spent a LOT of time on this didn't you?"

He didn't respond and didn't move, it was best to lie in wait. Feign weakness to draw in one's prey, before you break it. He did not much care for her tone, far too hungry, promiscuous even. It made him very, very angry.

Enca came to a stop behind the knight both her hands now firmly gripping his shoulders. She bent over to whisper in the man's helmeted ear her breath like death and her voice cold and stinging.

"Do you know how many Vampires are in there? Or do you simply not care?"

"I don't care. I've killed so many of you that numbers have started to mean less."

Now she was toeing the line. He almost struck her then and there, but still he held his ground.

One hand moved to grab the man's sword arm while the other went to caress his throat devious intent in mind.

"You know I've heard rumors that a very powerful vampire is secretly running the place. He's supposed to steal the faces of those he kills so no one can ever catch him."

Enca's sharpened pinky remained trained on the man's throat as her fingers gripped the inside of Kinniger's helmet intending to lift it from his head.

"What does your face look like? I hope it's pretty."

His helmet was held on by a chinstrap, and his throat was protected by his mail coif. No skin of any sort was exposed.

He sighed and said simply. "Kerberos."

The three headed dog immediately complied, all three Maws bearing their teeth and growling angrily while the dog steadily advanced.

Once her attention was on Kerberos he would grab the wrist of the hand at his helmet and twist it away and down in such a way that she'd need to bend over to relieve the pressure or her wrist would snap.

"Do not test me."

Enca Boralaine

The Doctor is in
Character Biography
Link
Enca lifted her hand up to remove the Knights helmet but was met with resistance in the form of a steel chinstrap hung tightly around the man's jaw.

"MmmMMmmm...don't fancy people seeing your face now do you?"

Enca watched on as the man's jaw moved to utter a strange word the three-headed beast at his side stepping into the fray with a bared maw. This caught Enca off guard and forced her to drop her defenses to which Eberwolf swiftly took hold of her wrist and bent it out of place arching the Vampire over his back and setting her up for the horrible pain that punctured her leg as Kerberos leaped into action his mandible locked on Enca's pale leg.

"Eberwolllllf! That really reeeallllly-OW! That hurts damn it!"

Enca moved to free her leg but was promptly dragged back down by Kinnigers firm grasp.

"Yeouch! Cut it OUT!"

Rage consumed Enca as she easily wretched free of Kinnigers grasp her inhuman strength aiding her in that regard. Golden eyes burned holes in the beast tearing away at her right leg the flesh nearly completely ripped from the muscles. Angrilly the woman grabbed the beast by the throat and tossed him across the clearing her sharpened claws having cut across his nape. The vampire scowled as she wiped slobber from her skinned calf the tendons and damaged flesh steaming as they moved to reconnect themselves new blood flowing and new skin growing in as the healing process began.

"That was very unkind Eberwolf Kinniger. It would be a fair question as to what I expected from this regions premier Vampire hunter. Oh yes, I've heard tales of your exploits, your murders and your hate mongering."

Enca winced as insect like wings sprouted from her back the dimming light of the sun reflected in its colorful winged webs. Buzzing the wings flapped up and down becoming blurs in the darkness as the pale lady rose into the air the sun having retreated behind the horizon.

"Armor like the moon and a stance that shakes the earth with each step. Flowers bloom in his presence and darkness recedes at his approach as though he were light itself. Scary. Very scary. "

Enca hovered toward Eberwolf her claws cutting rivvets down her face as she taunted the man her fangs bared as her tongue ran over them over and over as thought begging the knight to strike.

"Why would I help you? Your inability to concede has quite crudely, pissed me off. And you reeeallly shouldn't piss me off."

Enca ran both of her clawed hands down her face splattering blood all over her dress as she smiled disturbingly in the rising moonlight her skin burning in its presence. Enca had that "Valley effect" that made Vampires and other humanoid creatures so terrifying, through her use of careful manipulation and a bit of insanity she was able to use a special form of hypnosis that suggested to its victims that Enca was daunting or more imposing than she actually was. If the mind of Sir Eberwolf Kinniger is as one track as it appears he just might pick up on the influence, if not then facing this curr may prove that much more difficult.

"Oooooh! Ooohoohoohoohoo!! Oh man! You better give me a good reason to help you right now or heh! heh! heh! heh! heh! heh! I might just do all of Vampire kind a massive favor! HA HAH! I mean killing you of course!"

Character Biography
Link
Enca lifted her hand up to remove the Knights helmet but was met with resistance in the form of a steel chinstrap hung tightly around the man's jaw.

"MmmMMmmm...don't fancy people seeing your face now do you?"

Enca watched on as the man's jaw moved to utter a strange word the three-headed beast at his side stepping into the fray with a bared maw. This caught Enca off guard and forced her to drop her defenses to which Eberwolf swiftly took hold of her wrist and bent it out of place arching the Vampire over his back and setting her up for the horrible pain that punctured her leg as Kerberos leaped into action his mandible locked on Enca's pale leg.

"Eberwolllllf! That really reeeallllly-OW! That hurts damn it!"

Enca moved to free her leg but was promptly dragged back down by Kinnigers firm grasp.

"Yeouch! Cut it OUT!"

Rage consumed Enca as she easily wretched free of Kinnigers grasp her inhuman strength aiding her in that regard. Golden eyes burned holes in the beast tearing away at her right leg the flesh nearly completely ripped from the muscles. Angrilly the woman grabbed the beast by the throat and tossed him across the clearing her sharpened claws having cut across his nape. The vampire scowled as she wiped slobber from her skinned calf the tendons and damaged flesh steaming as they moved to reconnect themselves new blood flowing and new skin growing in as the healing process began.

When she tossed Kerberos, his two other jaws tried to latch onto her wrist, only milliseconds too late, the two identical jaws snapping closed a mere millimeter from her skin, and the massive dog rolled back onto it's feet. It was a warhound, bred to kill vampires much like it's master, it could take quite a bit of punishment. So the cut across the nape of it's middle neck was nothing new nor troublesome for the dog, and it simply advanced slowly again.

Eberwolf let her go, his strength, while not supernatural, was comparable to some vampires thanks to being trained since birth. But grappling with one was dangerous, and while his armor was steel, his sword was something else. Silver was too weak a metal for war, steel wasn't effective enough, and one couldn't easily create an alloy out of the two that is both suitable for war and effective against the supernatural. But his people, with all the tenacity that had come to characterize them, found a way.

She'd know instantly by the magic-like presence that the sword had. A metal that his people, despite being clever they weren't that creative with names, called Silversteel. One part silver two parts iron, eight parts charcoal to make it steel, and two parts vampire bones, which with magic made a fuel with properties magical enough to make the alloy work as steel, with all the properties of silver. A very, very dangerous weapon indeed.

"That was very unkind Eberwolf Kinniger. It would be a fair question as to what I expected from this regions premier Vampire hunter. Oh yes, I've heard tales of your exploits, your murders and your hate mongering."

Enca winced as insect like wings sprouted from her back the dimming light of the sun reflected in its colorful winged webs. Buzzing the wings flapped up and down becoming blurs in the darkness as the pale lady rose into the air the sun having retreated behind the horizon.

"Armor like the moon and a stance that shakes the earth with each step. Flowers bloom in his presence and darkness recedes at his approach as though he were light itself. Scary. Very scary. "

Enca hovered toward Eberwolf her claws cutting rivvets down her face as she taunted the man her fangs bared as her tongue ran over them over and over as thought begging the knight to strike.

"Why would I help you? Your inability to concede has quite crudely, pissed me off. And you reeeallly shouldn't piss me off."

Enca ran both of her clawed hands down her face splattering blood all over her dress as she smiled disturbingly in the rising moonlight her skin burning in its presence. Enca had that "Valley effect" that made Vampires and other humanoid creatures so terrifying, through her use of careful manipulation and a bit of insanity she was able to use a special form of hypnosis that suggested to its victims that Enca was daunting or more imposing than she actually was. If the mind of Sir Eberwolf Kinniger is as one track as it appears he just might pick up on the influence, if not then facing this curr may prove that much more difficult.

"Oooooh! Ooohoohoohoohoo!! Oh man! You better give me a good reason to help you right now or heh! heh! heh! heh! heh! heh! I might just do all of Vampire kind a massive favor! HA HAH! I mean killing you of course!"

He listened to her monologue, why did they always have to monologue? It was supposed to be a fight! Not a courtroom for debate and argument! But he let her finish, then she'd hear from him a rumbling laughter, starting low and quiet, then getting louder as his shoulders rapidly rose and fell with his mirth. "Oh. You poor little girl. If you heard all that then you know full well that my people have armies who are bred for the sole purpose of killing you and your kind. I'll give you a good reason, because if you kill me now, which is highly unlikely to succeed, hundreds, if not thousands, of men would march this way, and slaughter every last vampire they can sniff out, and they can sniff out many, if not all of them. Down to the last child. I am giving them an opportunity to leave with their heads still on their shoulders, the alternative is for their bones to be cast into the furnaces to make more Silversteel for our swords."

"The fact is simple, you are, as a whole, outnumbered and outmatched, and if you refuse us, we'll simply kill you all. And no, frankly pathetic, woman with the wings of a fly could hope to stop people so tenacious and angry as we are. We will kill you, all of you, if you do not leave. So tell me, leech, how do you like Vampire-kinds odds against my armies?"

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Enca Boralaine

Enca Boralaine

The Doctor is in
Character Biography
Link
"Pathetic?!? Why you..."

Enca hovered closer to Kinniger taking care to stay out of range of his monstrous hound as well as his Silversteel blade that would certainly be her undoing. It shined under the stars and smelled like pepper as it traveled up her nostrils its silver compound able to prevent any attempts at regeneration.

"You are just a spiteful little welp hiding behind a mask! Your life is equivalent to a single beat of my wings and no amount of ingenuity is going to change the fact that mortal kind is well...beneath me. Your swords and your tenacity don't do much for your survivability or your short lifespan. Then again..."

Enca ran a finger down her bloody chin a realization flaring up. He resisted my influence...has he been trained to deal with this or am I simply not as good as I think I am? NO! No, this is just......a nuisance. That's all.

Enca's golden pupils rolled over to Kinniger her skin now sizzling under the full moon.

"I didn't come here to make enemies."

Enca held out a clawed hand a warm, vapid smile encroaching her crimson lips.

"I don't enjoy fighting all that much anyway, I prefer to watch..." The vampire wiggled her pointed ears a new warmness to her moist putrid breath. "...And listen." Enca curled her pale fingers a mischievous expression taking hold while she bade Eberwolf to grab her hand.

"I'll carry you there and we'll see together if they listen to your simple request sir. Don't be afraid I promise not to drop you."

If Eberwolf were to grab Enca's hand she'd take off into the air suspending him by his hands while they flew above the treetops.

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger

Character Biography
Link
"Pathetic?!? Why you..."

Enca hovered closer to Kinniger taking care to stay out of range of his monstrous hound as well as his Silversteel blade that would certainly be her undoing. It shined under the stars and smelled like pepper as it traveled up her nostrils its silver compound able to prevent any attempts at regeneration.

"You are just a spiteful little welp hiding behind a mask! Your life is equivalent to a single beat of my wings and no amount of ingenuity is going to change the fact that mortal kind is well...beneath me. Your swords and your tenacity don't do much for your survivability or your short lifespan. Then again..."

Enca ran a finger down her bloody chin a realization flaring up. He resisted my influence...has he been trained to deal with this or am I simply not as good as I think I am? NO! No, this is just......a nuisance. That's all.

"What our short lives amount to in comparison to yours is irrelevant. The fact is that any one of us can kill five of you before we ourselves die, and we tend to multiply over a short time in your terms. And regardless of your vampiric arrogance, the fact remains is that we will always win in the end, that is what our tenacity and ingenuity brings us." He told her calmly. Showing her that her acting all high and mighty wasn't going to do anything.

Enca's golden pupils rolled over to Kinniger her skin now sizzling under the full moon.

"I didn't come here to make enemies."

Enca held out a clawed hand a warm, vapid smile encroaching her crimson lips.

"I don't enjoy fighting all that much anyway, I prefer to watch..." The vampire wiggled her pointed ears a new warmness to her moist putrid breath. "...And listen." Enca curled her pale fingers a mischievous expression taking hold while she bade Eberwolf to grab her hand.

"I'll carry you there and we'll see together if they listen to your simple request sir. Don't be afraid I promise not to drop you."

If Eberwolf were to grab Enca's hand she'd take off into the air suspending him by his hands while they flew above the treetops.

"I don't trust vampires I do not know." He told her. "If you are to lead me to their place of hiding, I will walk. Or Kerberos will sniff them out."

Enca Boralaine

The Doctor is in
Character Biography
Link
"You know what? That's fair."

Like a fly on a plate, Enca descended onto the ground her pale arms gesturing towards an opening in the trees created by the vampires that frequently use it as a means of travel to their hidden oasis. While their footprints have long been buried the scent of undead is harder to mask especially where so many have gathered. The dead leafless branches of the oaks the lined the path formed an overhang around the path as though reaching down to ensnare those who dared to walk its reaches. The ground itself died from the unearthly energies that seeped into it rather intentionally or otherwise. There was a shiver in the dirt and bite in the air as Enca stepped over a dead and decaying root her golden eyes throwing daggers into the life that opposed her approach.

"Come now Kinniger, I won't have you lagging behind." Enca slapped her caboose and smiled promiscuously at Eberwolf. "But with a view like this, I can understand where you're coming from."

Enca disappeared down the path holding in the urge to laugh as she approached the thicket from which she was lacerated. Specks of blood still lined the leaves signifying someone's evident departure and or arrival.

"It's through here Sir Kinniger. Please try to behave yourself I do not wish to have to...." Enca ran her tongue over her red lips.

"...Pounce. Now..." Enca walked over to the Knight and whirled behind him attempting to push him through the bush. "In you go!"

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger

Character Biography
Link
There was a shiver in the dirt and bite in the air as Enca stepped over a dead and decaying root her golden eyes throwing daggers into the life that opposed her approach.

"Come now Kinniger, I won't have you lagging behind." Enca slapped her caboose and smiled promiscuously at Eberwolf. "But with a view like this, I can understand where you're coming from."

He was half tempted to inform her that he already had a woman with a backside far more smackable than her own, but he decided against telling her more than she needed to know, besides, he was probably biased in favour of his woman anyway. So he simply kept quiet and kept walking.

Enca disappeared down the path holding in the urge to laugh as she approached the thicket from which she was lacerated. Specks of blood still lined the leaves signifying someone's evident departure and or arrival.

"It's through here Sir Kinniger. Please try to behave yourself I do not wish to have to...." Enca ran her tongue over her red lips.

"...Pounce. Now..." Enca walked over to the Knight and whirled behind him attempting to push him through the bush. "In you go!"

"If you believe pouncing to be a wise course of action then be my guest. But let me warn you now, the big guy behind you is a lot heavier than you are, and he doesn't pounce for play." He said to her as he walked through the thicket, his steel armour preventing the brambles from doing him harm.

And there it was, the inn. So he turned around and began to cut a narrow path for his dog to squeeze through. Then he'd wait for Enca to show herself before proceeding.

(Hey, summer's gonna be busy, might not be consistent with my replies.)

• Popcorn
Reactions: Enca Boralaine