Fable - Ask Me? Oh I'm just a traveler!

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
"DAMNED WOMAN!!" The three-quarterling wailed as another of Enca's silver knives impaled his throat gushing blood on his jacket. Every blade, every tip landed with precision peppering the steaming man in ugly cuts he had no hope of healing as long as the knives remained in his body hindering his movement. Like poison was to rats silver made it impossible for the three-quarterling to move his body in areas where the silver was hindering his movements making it all the easier for Enca to hit him with more and more strikes, more and more knives.

Barely standing on his bleeding, broken legs the vampire finally fell over his body stiff and motionless like a statue yet leaking like a raw slab of version slapped on a table. One might think he was dead but Enca knew better than that. If he had perished his body would be burning away meanwhile he wasn't even steaming anymore as though he had no need for healing any longer.

Did drinking my blood speed up his transformation? It couldn't have! It should have KILLED him!! How did he even know to drink my blood? I had no idea this would happen so how did he!?

Breathing deeply, Enca took a moment to center herself the sounds of battle and fire around her making it particularly hard to do so."Deep breaths, Enca...Deep breaths girl...It doesn't matter if he's a full vampire now I can still kill him no problem." Leaving a hole in the floor, Enca pushed off and into the air her remaining knives shining in her hands ready to deal the death blow to this usurper. The fact that Kinnger had come to back her up was on Enca, in fact, his assistance was heartwarming for she didn't think he cared enough for her to even consider her battle with the former fledgling.

There was no helping the twinge of shame that followed, Enca lack of consideration for Eberwolf this whole time. He hadn't even passed by her thoughts once and it made her feel something, something that bruised her ego more than she'd admit. Dropping to the floor all of the knives sunk inside the newly crowed Vampire's body fell out the blood coating them having evaporated. One could see the gentle touch of heat as the Vampire's wounds sealed shut stopping the heavy bleeding and loss of motor function at the hands of silver.

"Horseshit!! He healed with silver in his body!?!" Quickly, Enca's attack broke off a quick loop through the air enough to send her back in the opposite direction from which she flew in. Enca watched the Vampire clutching something in his hand, something that shined in the light and smelt like pepper.

That cursed blade!!

Enca had made a point of staying away from all sources of glass, mirrors, pretty much anything that reflected light...but Kinniger...

Flicking her fingers a scalpel darted across the room nailing itself to the floor in front of Eberwolf hopefully stopping his charge.

"Stay away from the glass, Shining Armor! He uses some sort of glass magic to strike you from within the reflections."

"You prattling fool..." Flashing, Enca's scalpel grew bright with shining magic flowing through it to strike the Knight standing in it.

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger

But the minute this was said he moved to diveroll out of the way, but he didn't know the nature of this attack so he wasn't sure how helpful this move would be. Even so he did it, better than doing nothing.

Rolling back onto his feet he continued his charge at the three-quarterling. It was time for him to die.

Kerberos saw his master's goal, and began his own charge. And no matter how Powerful, a horse-sized dog with three heads is nothing to be trifled with. Kerberos had eaten vampires of great power before, he could do it again.

• Love
Reactions: Enca Boralaine
Well, that's interesting. If he uses reflections to strike at people, then how does it work? Would armour stop it or no? Is it a strike coming from the mirror to him or is it more along the lines of a voodoo doll? If it was the latter he was in trouble.

But the minute this was said he moved to diveroll out of the way, but he didn't know the nature of this attack so he wasn't sure how helpful this move would be. Even so he did it, better than doing nothing.

Rolling back onto his feet he continued his charge at the three-quarterling. It was time for him to die.

Kerberos saw his master's goal, and began his own charge. And no matter how Powerful, a horse-sized dog with three heads is nothing to be trifled with. Kerberos had eaten vampires of great power before, he could do it again.

• Love
Splitting the wall behind him, Kinniger skillfully dodged the attack striking at him despite not understanding its true nature. Slowly the undead man found himself being cornered between, Eberwolf, Kerberos, and the flying bloodthirsty wench dead set on taking her blood back. He had to decide quickly which of the three was the biggest threat and how to deal with them before being struck down by the other two...could he kill Enca before the dog pounced on him?

No that wouldn't work her regeneration is too high. How about the knight? Is his armor truly as strong as it looks? Maybe, maybe not but should it be harder than his rapier then the three-quarterling will surely be killed. That leaves the dog and his insane strength...the knight might be slow to react maybe, but Enca would surely put a knife in the back of his skull as he began to run over...

"Shit! I've run dry of options! I'm going to be defeated no matter what I do! I feel as though my feet have been nailed to the floor unable to move unable to strike!!"

Like the flying banshee of legend, Enca let out a deafening screech as several daggers lined with her sacred ichor were sent flying toward the fledgling nearly all of them succeeding in hitting their mark. It would seem this was the end of the newly crowned vampire as all his plans had failed and his main mode of attack had been discovered...good thing he learned to fight without vampirism to bail him out...

His eyes opened as wide as possible the Vampire took care to get as much light in his eyes as possible as he stared down Kinniger and his dog their images reflected brightly in his pupils.
"If you move now you can't attack me can you!?" Sprouting new found talons the fledgling swung his arms through the air anger fueling his movements as he set out to cut, Kinniger and Kerberos to ribbons.

Halting his movements, Enca sunk her claws into the vampires neck ripping away at his throat with horrible power.

"Pestilant!!" Cleching his fist the injured man swung wildly at Enca all his blows seemingly missing save for the force that pummeled, Enca with each blow pushing her backward as hit after hit landed despite her attempts to dodge. "Those damned eyes!" Enca made a pincer motion to gouge the bastards eyes out but was swatted away with a menacing blow that shattered her teeth and left a massive bruise on her cheek as she was ragdolled to the other side of the cabin.

He's stronger than before!! He shouldn't have been able to knock me away with a single hit but he can!

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger

His eyes opened as wide as possible the Vampire took care to get as much light in his eyes as possible as he stared down Kinniger and his dog their images reflected brightly in his pupils. "If you move now you can't attack me can you!?" Sprouting new found talons the fledgling swung his arms through the air anger fueling his movements as he set out to cut, Kinniger and Kerberos to ribbons.

"Who say's I plan to move?" He asked, bringing his sword around in a lightning fast arc, streaking towards the vampire's eyes. He would hurt this man, and he could take hits. Go big or go home? Or maybe it's more along the lines of always finish what you start. It didn't matter. He'd kill this creature, even if he died too.

His sword flashed forward, he was mortal, but he was significantly faster than anything he'd have seen in any mortal. He would have to move to avoid it, but the speed would likely leave him exposed to the other two.

All this talking. It just wasted time. It was time to kill!

• Wonder
Splitting metal, ripping skin, slash after slash smashed against Kinniger and Kerberos each one boasting greater strength and power than the last. If not for all his armor Kinniger surely would have been shredded by now assuming his now scratched and splintered armor could still be considered whole. The blades shone one final time their glow bringing a wave of death across the Knight's visor leaving five claw marks etched into the pearly white metal.

The Vampire watched, Eberwolfs stance change his shoulders were more rigid and his arms began rising above his head with the intent to strike. Forcing the air out of his lungs a devastating strike punched straight through the Vampires body. His chest cavity was destroyed and his insides becoming outsides as they spilled on the floor.

"Uaaugh! Unnnn...What is-"

The Vampire quickly grabbed the hand impaling his chest crimson fluid spilling over the alabaster hand that would dare to assault him.

"You...just don't...GIVE UP!!" Gushing even more blood on the floor the Vampire crushed Enca's hand with his own allowing the healing process to begin. "Know your place trash! Know that it is your place to bring forth my ascension to-" It seemed, Kerberos was as resilient as his master as still cut and bleeding he managed to latch onto the Vampire gnawing away at his fractured body still and dry. "Let go of me you damned mutt!!" The Vampire began stomping in Kerberos his attacks brushed off by years of conditioning and encounters with currs physically mightier than this.

"I told you to get off! Get off me so I can take my fist and ram it through your-" Silence. Such a quiet thing it was to have your head removed. To have all your cries and thoughts wisped away at the flash of metal splitting across your skin. In the end, a blade to the neck is all Kinniger needed to put this conversation to rest and ensure his home's borders would remain safe for the time being.

"Wow. What a piece of shit. Just what a thoroughly awful individual."

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger

"Wow. What a piece of shit. Just what a thoroughly awful individual."

"And that is why I have a general disdain for vampires. Though I will admit, you aren't all that bad." He said to her. "You fought very well."

He looked to his dog, he was a tad beat up but otherwise fine. He then looked about, to see if there's any vampires left alive in the building. There weren't any, at least none inside. The rest must have fled. He stood up, his once white armor now drenched in red, and shredded to the point of being nearly unusable. But he didn't seem bothered by this, his armor had saved him from major injury. Though he was bleeding in several places.

"What do you intend to do from here?"

• Smug
His corpse now evaporating, Enca kicked the vampire off her hand wincing at her shattered finger bones. To think...if she had stayed here alone she would have died no question there. They were planning to kill her and use her body for whatever nefarious purposes they had in mind. But even then to be able to ingest a Boralaines blood and come out stronger than before...it's unheard of.

Part of the reason the Boralaine family has remained autonomous amongst the undead community is due to the feral blood in their bodies and the horrible things that happen to those who are infected. NO ONE could claim their power it just wasn't possible...and yet this thing had. Whoever this man was he was planning this for a while he didn't just come up with this on a whim not with all the research he went through.

Somewhere along the line, he HAD to have heard of "The Boralaine curse." The only conclusion is that somehow...someway this guy knew that he'd survive the Boralaine curse...but how? This can't go unchecked. If word of this gets out the force of the living AND the dead would turn against Enca and the rest of her family.

"My intention?" Enca picked up the drying bleeding corpse and sunk her teeth into what was left of its neck in a drastic attempt to reclaim what had been stolen from her. "I plan to scour the world finding out how this bastard knew that my blood wouldn't kill him. If it's by word of mouth I'll start ripping out tongues. If it's by scribe I'll burn the texts and break some fingers. I don't care what it takes but I'll find out where this man claimed his knowledge."

Enca looked down and frowned at her tattered and bloodstained attire reminiscent of how a child might describe a creature of the night.

"But before that, I should focus on buying myself some new clothes..." Her gaze fell on Kinniger his armor having been reduced to shreds. "It seems YOU should do the same. I doubt your carpet would take kindly to you tracking blood inside the house."

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger

"My intention?" Enca picked up the drying bleeding corpse and sunk her teeth into what was left of its neck in a drastic attempt to reclaim what had been stolen from her. "I plan to scour the world finding out how this bastard knew that my blood wouldn't kill him. If it's by word of mouth I'll start ripping out tongues. If it's by scribe I'll burn the texts and break some fingers. I don't care what it takes but I'll find out where this man claimed his knowledge."

"I see no reason to bar your progress, and you've proven to be able to listen to reason. You've earned my trust, at least so far as reasoning goes." He told her, "And feel free to inform me or my underlings of the identities and locations of whatever vampire groups you find along the way."

"But before that, I should focus on buying myself some new clothes..." Her gaze fell on Kinniger his armor having been reduced to shreds. "It seems YOU should do the same. I doubt your carpet would take kindly to you tracking blood inside the house."

He chuckled, "Yeah, I'll need to get cleaned up."

He looked back to her. "You know, you might find yourself a job should you choose to visit my father's lands. We can put you to good use, and it would be honest work too. If you're interested."

• Love
Enca reflected on Kinniger's offer if only for the briefest moment. Honest work? Pah! She hadn't done an honest day's work since the days of her running across the plains of Amol desperately looking for something to eat something to kill. The retention of hunger may seem like a weakness but Enca thought herself better off than undead that just threw up any real food they ate. Enca's never been so hungry before or since thankfully but it still serves as a reminder as to what she came from.

She'd better stop looking back memories in that territory are...painful. Enca wiped her eyes and cleared her throat ready to answer.

"Sorry but...I don't think I even understand the definition of honest work." Enca chuckled despairingly trying to keep her mind away from the past. "Like I said I have to follow this through. If I don't there is no telling what might happen to my family. You've helped me immensely here but I'm still a Vampire and you a Vampire-hunter. Are you even allowed to be talking to me? Just because I was nice to you today doesn't mean you aren't just another human who called me...what was it...oh yes! A pathetic woman with the wings of a fly was that right?"

Enca wasn't actually mad about that in truth she just felt like grilling Kinniger for no real reason other than her own satisfaction.

"Having said all that...you aren't all that bad either. I don't give out trust easily but I choose to put my faith in you Kinniger. I truly believe you saved my life this evening." Enca tipped her hat off to Kinniger revealing the feathery antlers sprouting from her head.

"Thank you. Sir Eberwolf."

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger