LFG Looking for a Group on the Steppe

Yøren

Character Biography
Link
I am not sure if I am looking in the wrong place, I tried the tag and all the RP threads on the Steppes are closed or from years ago. I am hoping to join an RP there, ideally somewhere along the north coast. I have a character, Yøren, who is traveling there. It would be nice for it to be either a combat light RP or one open to a character not experienced with combat.

I suppose if there is not much interest in the region at the moment, I could read some more about the other areas and find a different place to put the character.

• Yay
Reactions: Elijah and Empyrean
Oh, dang. That is me above; I had hoped to post that with my main account. O///O I am still getting the hang of the site, sorry.

Dornoch and their Empire are based in the Steppes - there's quite a few of us who rp there. If you're looking for more mongol bands we have those too! I have my character Dhara or Elijah here is a Dornoch boi.

Dornoch and their Empire are based in the Steppes - there's quite a few of us who rp there. If you're looking for more mongol bands we have those too! I have my character Dhara or Elijah here is a Dornoch boi.
Ah, thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I really like the idea of the Steppes and want to do some more stories there. I have a one-on-one going on near Bhathairk now, but I think I want to make a character near Dornoch now. The tag definitely has more activity going on. I'll try reading through the ask-to-join threads today and start working on a character who could fit in.

• Yay
Reactions: Elijah
Lyssia D'avore
If you want more Steppes I can definitely set up a thread with Dhara...
That would be great! I am pretty new, and so not entirely versed in the lore. Would a sort of shamen/wise-man type possibly travel with her band to over-see burials and give blessings before combat and such? I think it would be fun to make a character who is culturally and socially interwoven with the stories you have already been telling in the area.

I've not done much with Dhara tbh so pretty happy to mould some stories around what you'd like to do too. Her basic aim is to rape, pillage and steal her way across the Steppes and let people know she's not afraid of any 'authorities'.

I could definitely see her being superstitious and collecting a Shamen/Wise-man to keep with her and predict battle outcomes and give blessings. Or you could go for a fighter too, or if you wanted a development story she could also pick you up in a battle, turn you into a servant and you could earn your way out of servitude. Lots of different ideas really, she's a good blank slate to work with :D

• Yay
Reactions: Barrow wight
Oh, the idea of Sea Wolf-style being some random dude that gets picked up by a gruff band and learns how to fight and all that while being a servant sounds really cool! And since the character I am working on is in their infancy development-wise, I am pretty flexible as well for whatever the group ends up wanting to do. How long do you think it is good to wait on replies from people who might be interested in joining?

We can do it as a 1-on-1 or you could throw it up as an open thread and see who joins :)

If I start it as an open thread, should I write an intro and a bit of a plan, or is that something we discuss as a group? Sorry for all the questions, I am just very new to this.

Open threads you just throw up and respond to whatever happens! It's usually the attractive bit as nobody knows how it'll go :D