Dreadlords In the Eyes of Others

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
"Just don't want to look odd in front of th' proctor. Gotta be on my best behavior to hopefully graduate and become a whole Dreadlord, so that means no fights." Gallagher said with a yawn, utterly unfazed by Grendel's display of power. It was super early, he had just realized, which was odd. Without the money to go to school and the like as well as his age meaning less jobs were open, he slept in as late as possible before nipping off to the library to read stories and textbooks. No, not the time, it was best to make sure he wasn't going to be the target of a very angry rock fixer at this moment.

"So. I'll take your offer." he said, turning away and beginning to leave. Suddenly, he felt a strange pressure on him, like the weight of a small boulder on his back. Where he walked, the ground around his feet turned to rust and the teeny pieces rose up around him. They meandered there, just sort of in a stasis. He had violated the conditions of Grendel's warning not on purpose but by accident, and when he finally looked around he realized just that. Pausing and taking a second to spin around, he managed to accept the full breadth of the figurative middle finger he had just thrown.

"Oh Fuck." he said, cringing. Now he was sure he hadn't stolen anything before with the shadow magic. The geomancy had been copied without his knowledge, which meant his magic was maybe defective or something? No, then he would probably have been told he possessed a curse or whatever. This was like asking for a fight, he was sure of it. How could he explain to someone already mad at him that this was just one big misunderstanding? Wait, what the hell was he saying, that tack had never worked in the history of ever.

As opposed to getting scared, his instincts kicked in. Growing up on the street, he wasn't allowed to be afraid, so as an alternative he had learned to be angry in a silent way, to hide the truth of his feelings from all the jerks out there bigger and stronger than him. "Listen here, you elitist prick. This was an accident, and I had no idea about it. You can either accept that or get violent, but we are equal in this academy and you cannot push me around." he said, getting just as calm as his potential opponent happened to be.

He knew it because whenever he felt this way the next day Frye would tell him he was scary and something random would turn up broken. It was a really bad habit that no longer served him well, but somehow at this moment it was actually comforting. His emotions and the magic coordinated, the weight of his anger momentarily causing the rust around him to group into lines. He quickly studied this and grimaced as the shapes crumbled and fell apart. Despite seemingly having the power, he seriously lacked control.

It would be up to Grendel to start this clash, however stupid it was.

Grendel Strand