Completed In a New World

Lapis The Hidden Dragon

[Unfamiliar]
Character Biography
Link
At a glance, Lapis looked like an ordinary man. However, the glowing necklace he held dear still concerned the lad in his prime. With a sigh, he grabbed his bag and headed out.
"Take care lad, I've grown quite accustomed to your stat here."
"Don't be sad Mr. Bishop, I promised I'd come back and visit you a thousand times already."
"The way in which you speak still baffles me. I can only pray for your safety and well-being now, but I digress. Remember to keep that lineage of yours hidden, especially that pendant. Help us all if something happens to it."
Lapis salutes the Bishop in a very relaxed way and looks at him in an endearing way to reassure him that everything will be fine. "Alright, I got it."
Lapis tucks the jewel around his neck in his clothes and left the Bishop's house and strolled through Elbion once more before heading for the entrance. He stopped before reaching the entrance and turned around once more. His eyes glistening as if he were about to cry. He took a deep breath and made his way to the market one last time. He thought that picking up a few things on his way out could be useful to him. Since he was in the magical Capital, he glanced at the array of magical items and myriad of concoctions that stood before him. His eyes sparkled as he whispered "wow" while walking about in a part of the market he hadn't been to.

Last edited:
Purchasing a few warming potions, Lapis thought to head to a nearby water source on the outskirts of Elbion to practice his thaumaturgy. Just then, when of the eldest sisters recognized him on his way out. She asked if he could fetch some water for her as the sister had an important meeting to attend as well as a few other tasks. "Sure, I'd be happy to help! I was just headed out anyway." He gave her his signature wide toothy grin of assurance with a thumbs up. She graciously thanked him while handing him 2 large buckets, promising him a good meal upon his return. With that he left left Elbion. When he was far enough away from the city, he paused and survey his surroundings. *Sigh* "Alright, time to do your thing." He hesitated and a pair of draconic wings that blended in with his clothes protruded from his back. His clothes were sown to leave enough room so that the wings don't tear them. The stone in his necklace glowed a bright blue color as he took flight heading to the small lake the was just beyond where he was. As he landed, his wings retracted before disappearing with the gem's light with it. Lapis took another deep breath before filling the buckets with water from the lake. He cupped his hands and took some the water in it. He blew on it and the water began to freeze in his hands. After prying his hands from the ice, he smiled and played around with the frozen object by morphing it into various objects. A rustling within the foliage around the lake broke the peaceful sounds of nature. Lapis quickly stood up preparing for battle, turning the ice into a sharp spike. "Don't be shy, reveal yourself and we can avoid injury" He tried to figure out where the sound was coming from as he slowly moved around the lake.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Illyria Daemyar
Lapis The Hidden Dragon

Nycto watched as the young man walked towards his position, using magic to shift a piece of ice into a sharp spike. Damn squirrel had compromised his position... And he was trying to be stealthy, too. He wasn't even here for the man, he had been looking for something else.

The man tried to get Nycto to come out, saying that if he revealed himself so that they could avoid injury. How cute... he truly was trying to be peaceful. Naive? Yes. Admirable? Definitely. Plus, the man was so adorable, trying to be threatening, so how could he refuse him?

Since it was a bright day, he didn't have much shadows he could use to Shadow Slip, and completely disappear into the shadows, so he would have to approach the man the old fashioned way, and Nyct hated the old fashioned way.

Once the man was basically right next to the bush that Nycto was in, Nycto popped out, seemingly out of nowhere. "My friend, haven't you heard that you shouldn't go towards the weird sounds?" Nycto asked him. The man would be able to see that Nycto wore all black, his clothes long, and even wore black gloves and boots. The man would also be able to see Nycto's silvery hair, and the mask on his face. Not a single bit of skin was showing on Nycto.

"Aw, it's adorable that you think any of that, because you're technically in my way!" He said. "Unless, of course, you give me a good reason not to slit your throat!" Nycto continued, almost excitedly.

"So tell me, who are you?"

Startled by the response, Lapis was caught off balance letting out a small shriek."What!" He regained his footing and stared at the animated fellow before him. "A puppet or meister?" He thought to himself as he studied him before opening his mouth. He took a deep breath grabbing his chest. "You're not from around here are you and I doubt slitting my throat will do either of us any good." Lapis chuckled. "Oh, but where are my manners. My name is Lapis. What's yours?" The shard of ice dissipated from his hand as he smiled and gave a wave while observing the character before him. He was so peculiar that he wanted to get a closer look so long as he was sure it wasn't at the expense of his own life. So there he stood before the androgynous figure of black and white, hesitantly awaiting the next move.

Lapis The Hidden Dragon

Nycto tilted his head at the young man's response. He noticed that the man seemed nervous, taking a deep breath, but after he spoke and chuckled even. "Oh? What gave it away that I'm not from around here? Most people can remember meeting me." Nyct replied to him.

Then, the man told him his name, asked Nyct his, and even smiled at Nycto and waved. This kid was stubborn, even being friendly after Nyct threatened him. This kid was crazy! "Lapis... That's a strange name. Not very common, at least." Nycto told him. Then, Nycto paused when asked his name. "My name?" He asked. "I... don't really have one. You can call me Nycto, though. Or just Nyct for short." Nycto told him.

"So, Lapis, what brings you to this neck of the woods?"

"Nycto..." He repeated softly. "It's very nice to meet you Nyct!" He grinned at his newfound acquaintance. To be honest, he still didn't know much about him. However, Nycto had a very eerie aura around him. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he felt that something was still off. Although, his life didn't seem to be in danger for now. Nycto may have taken aback back Lapis' friendly demeanor even after the threatening part. He knew to keep his composure, he's been through worse in the past. "I'm collecting water for the elder sister in Elbion. I help them out often. I come to this particular lake often. It's relaxing and gives me a place to stretch my w- legs. Hehe!" Lapis caught himself as his identity nearly slipped. Surely Nycto would attempt to kill him if he knew of his origins. Just then, he remembered the water buckets and saw them on the other side of where he was standing. He smacked himself in the face and sighed. He'd have to grab more water as the impurities in the bucket will contaminate the water shortly. He shook his head and refocused his attention on Nycto. "I digress, what brings you over this way? I don't see many travelers come towards Elbion anymore. Your story is bound to be much more interesting." Lapis stood there, ready to listen to him intently.

Lapis The Hidden Dragon

Nycto was surprised by Lapis' friendliness, with the young man even grinning at Nycto and saying that it was nice to meet him. That was... new. Not many people said that it was nice to meet Nycto. It was... a nice change of pace. "Nice to meet you too, Lapis." He replied and nodded.

Then, Lapis began explaining why he was here. Collecting water, that was normal. He also explained that he came to this lake often to relax. Then, it seemed like Lapis nearly slipped up and let something slip that he didn't want to, then quickly correct himself. Nycto tilted his head, what had Lapis been about to say? And why was he keeping it hidden.

Then the kid seemingly remembered something, looked across the lake, smacked himself in the face, and sighed, before refocusing on Nycto. This kid was weird.

Then, he asked what brought Nycto, saying that his story was bound to be interesting. Well... that part was definitely true. Whether it was the good type of interesting or the bad type, Nycto was leaning more towards the bad type. He was exactly happy with his life.

"Why I'm here? Well, mainly, I came here to see if the mages at The College of Elbion could help me with something. I need their expertise and knowledge of magic to help me." He told Lapis. "Other than that, not much else. My story isn't exactly that interesting." Nycto said.

With the reply from Nycto held short and sweet, Laid respectfully chose not to pry him further. Lap is seemed a bit at ease that his curiosity led him down a good path so far. "Well if your headed for Elbion, why don't we go back together? I was just headed back that way anyway. It'll be nice to have some company with than myself. The sisters are probably a little worried since I'm taking my time with this trip." Lapis finally felt as though he had someone to talk to. However, he thought that there was still time for something bad to happen. He wish not for it, he still felt as though something terrible was on the horizon. Before Nycto has a chance to say anything, Lapis stopped him. "Wait hold that thought" He quickly grabs the buckets of water, dumps them contents out into the grass, and fills them up again with water. This time, Lapis freezes it over to preserve the it's purity. "Now then, what's your verdict?"

Last edited:
Lapis The Hidden Dragon

Lapis suggested that they go back together, saying that he was just heading back, and that it would be nice to have some company. Nycto considered this. It seemed like a pretty decent idea, Lapis did seem to have knowledge of the city, and would be able to lead him through to his destination. Plus, he seemed pretty harmless enough.

But before he could respond, Lapis grabbed the buckets, dumped out the water inside, and filled them up again. Then, to Nycto's surprise, he froze the water in the bucket. How interesting... So the boy was skilled in magic. Intriguing...

Lapis turned back to him, and asked Nycto what was his verdict. "Lead the way, my frosty friend." Nycto replied, motioning for him to lead the way.

"Sister, surely some new silks would help the newcomers adjust to this lifestyle. My brother had just gotten a delivery of silks from Falwood. Why these clothes are made of the very same..."

"Falwood?" The Eldest Sister asked, a little curious at this information. She eyed Lozhul's bright blue robes, sensing the magic that he had used on them to turn them a different color this morning.

Lazhul smiled his charming smile and began a very long explanation about how elves could make magical silks in Falwood using some kind of ritual involving bugs. The silks were produced with delicate processes that required special tending. But the end result was a cloth that was so smooth that nobles would use them as part of their gowns.

"Really? Bugs?" the sister raised an eyebrow.

Lozhul nodded as he gently felt his staff. "Indeed Sister. Little fly-esque things with gold wings. They buzz with an eerie echoe, even in the open woods. Its almost as if they were bred by magic over many generations."

Even as Lozhul lied through his perfect teeth, the sister didn't detect it. Years and years of lies and tricks had made Lozhul an expert at it, and with his looks and knowledge of the wider world, he could make any kind of lie sound plausible.

The sister gestured to Lozhul to walk with her. The young mage did so and half-heartedly listened to her words. It was clear she was hooked and was going to purchase his brother's stock, so he didn't need to try so hard. He let his eyes wander around the courtyard. The plants were in full bloom, with each flower sporting bright gold or red leaves.

One flower caught his eye. Instead of the usual red, the leaf had turned an ugly brown. Still only half-listening, Lozhul reached out and gently touched the leaf. With a call from stored aura energies, a small spark leaped. The leaf slowly but surely changed from brown to a vibrant red.

Lozhul smiled to himself. A simple spell. He merely changed a piece of the leaf's composition slightly, and only on a surface level. Color was the easiest effect with alteration magic, and an easy change to charge with stored Aura energies.

"I'm glad sister, that I have found such a worthy soul here who knows a good deal when she sees one. Can we seal this deal with perhaps a drink? Fresh water is so hard to find these days..."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Xzaar Vixneel
Lapis would've been capable of returning with the water either way. unfortunately for him though, he wouldn't be able to stretch his wings again for a while. What a shame. He enjoyed the speed and the freedom he felt when gliding. However, this trade off gave him a reason to enjoy this moment. Fit this short trip back would be his reason to walk forever. He was so ecstatic that he ran full speed with the buckets. "Alright then! Just try and keep up!" He taunted playfully at the only other individual he considered a new friend. The dance of black and white shifted and blurred as the lines between the two began to merge cohesively. He giggled as they walked and laughed on their way back to Elbion with the sisters' water. "Ya know, as interesting as our meeting was, I'm glad I met you Nyct." He turns to him and smiles a wide toothy grin, still carrying the large water.

With this journey near its close, Lapis feels a strange aura and the shivers slightly. The ice in his buckets began to thaw rapidly. "Damnit" He thought gritting his teeth. Luckily, the gate was just up ahead. If they hurried, the water will still be purified by the time it got to the church. He tried to freeze it again, but for some strange reason, he couldn't. He felt a strange magical imbalance that was probably throwing his magic out. What could cause such a dispel of this magnitude? He pondered for a minute before realizing they needed to hurry and get the water to the Sisters. "Hey Nycto, my thaumaturgy isn't working right now. So we need to grt back to the elder sister fast. Get ready to run." With a burst of speed, Lapis swiftly and carefully passed through the waning crowd of people stopping right in front of the church. "I got the water for you. Kept it as fresh as I could for ya!" He grinned the biggest, toothiest grin he could. He held the Elder Sisters in high respect and treated them as such.

• Cheer
Reactions: Lozhul Caller
Lapis The Hidden Dragon Lozhul Caller

Nycto watched as the young man taunted Nycto, telling him to just try and keep up. Nycto said. Lapis was... so energetic and upbeat. He looked so happy and gleeful, as if nothing in his life pained him, as if nothing had hurt him yet. He wasn't broken or tainted like Nycto was. Lapis wasn't consumed day in, and day out by the agony, the torture, and the despair he felt on a regular basis. Would Nycto had been like this if he had never gone through the experiments? Would he have been... joyful?

Nycto chased after the young man, following him back to Elbion. Lapis was so carefree and happy. It... it made Nycto feel... almost sad. But... almost happy, too. Nycto knew that he could never have what Lapis had, or feel what he felt, but... for this once, it felt like Nycto actually had a friend.

Nycto continued to walk with Lapis, the young man giggling and laughing. He told Nycto has glad he was to meet him. "I'm glad I met you too, Lapis. I've never met anyone so... upbeat." Nycto told him.

As they approached the gate, Lapis told him that something wasn't working. What was it? Thaumaturgy? Was that even a real word? "No way that's a real word." Nycto told him.

Then, Lapis told him to be ready to run, before he took off at high speeds. Nycto followed after him, able to keep up with Lapis since he was so light on his feet. Finally, they reached the Sister, and Lapis handed her the water. Nycto stood off to the back, letting Lapis do his thing and talk with the Sister.

Then, he felt it. Oh no, he knew that feeling. He knew it way too well. It was inside him all the time, he had experienced it first hand during the experiments, and now it was trapped within him.

Eleth...

He constantly felt the pull to the God of the Unknown everyday, trying to pull him in, trying to get him to return to the God that was a part of him. It tried, day and night, to turn him into one of Eleth's agents, one of his masks. But Nycto had been able to resist him for now.

But if Eleth was here...

Nycto didn't tell any of this information to Lapis. He just let Lapis do his thing, and keep on talking to the Elder Sister.

• Devil
Reactions: Lozhul Caller
At the appearance of the young man, Lozhul naturally smiled. "Ah what a perfect timing! And delivered by such a fine individual."

As the person gave the water to the sister, Lozhul felt something. A tingle at the back of his skull and wrists, followed by a chill all over his spine. Lozhul couldn't help but scratch a bit at his wrists trying to contain the feeling.

Odd... Lozhul thought to himself as he looked over the young man. Such tinglings don't occur naturally. Is a powerful soul nearby? I need to look at his aura... But these chills...is a shadowman nearby?

With permission from the sister, Lozhul was able to get a drink of water. He gave a surprised look. "My my my, such cold water! Why, this isn't naturally cold is it young man?"

The sister excused herself. With that, Lozhul turned his full attention to the man. With a smile and an inquisitive look, Lozhul began to ask a few questions.

"You must be some kind of mage yes? Odd, I don't remember seeing you at the college. Perhaps you are here to study?"

A glance upwards and Lozhul caught a glimpse of the other being, hiding, almost like a shadow. If Lozhul hadn't been alerted by the tingling and the chills, he may have missed them completely.

"And is that your friend?" Lozhul waved the stranger over. "Come! Don't be shy. I would like to introduce myself properly."

Lozhul bowed slightly to the two. "I am Lozhul. Lozhul Caller, though I prefer just Lozhul. I must say, you two are quite the curiosities… then again, Elbion does attract all kinds of people..."

Nycto
Lozhul Caller Nycto

The odd man that met him along with the sister baffled him. At first, he was slightly unnerved but quickly regained his composure. The man introduced to Lapis as "Lozhul" seemed to throw off his auric balance. He asked about the water and if he had attended school in Elbion.
"Unfortunately, I don't attend Elbion yet, but I am a self-taught thaumaturge at the moment. I was raised by a Bishop who saw my magical potential and my natural attraction to thaumaturgy or elemental ice magic. Freezing the water for longer periods of time one of my specialties. My magic has been kind of 'off' as of recent."
Lapis sensed that he was trying to read his aura and continued talking to disrupt him.
"I see, well it was great to meet you Lozhul!" I'm gotta get going, it's getting late and I spent way too long on Elder Sister's errand. Let her know I am sorry, ok?"
He read the area is clear as day. He stared the man directly in his eyes in almost a similar confident manner when he first met Nycto. However, this time was different and Nycto and Lapis both knee it. He smiled a chillingly bright grin.
"I was still deciding if I was going to apply now or wait until I return. There's somewhere I need to go outside of Elbion."
He shrugged
"I have plenty of time though, so I haven't quite made up my mind yet."
He turned to walk away and would stop if someone spoke.

Last edited:
"Oh please don't leave so soon." Lozhul cooed slightly. "You would make a fine fit at the college. Why, a self taught mage is rather rare. I envy you slightly..."

Lozhul wanted to study these two, and closely. Perhaps he could convince not just this one, but both Lapis and this other one (Nycto) to join the college soon, and then he could interact with them daily. But he needed to make sure not to push them too far. Just get friendly with them.

"Self taught mages are something I only wished I could've been in life. But oh well..." Lozhul suddenly snapped his fingers, realizing something. "Ah! But if you two are going outside of Elbion perhaps..."

A pull from inside of his cloak, and Lozhul produced a small leather bag. "I also need to go outside of Elbion. I need some animals for my studies and with the way some of the market prices are, I can't afford them out of my salary. Perhaps, with you two, I could observe your levels of magic, catch some frogs or rodents or whatnot, and get an interesting conversation.

"Besides, there are also a number of bandits out and about, so traveling in numbers might be safer. Would either of you mind a mage like myself tag along?"

Nycto | Lapis The Hidden Dragon

Lapis The Hidden Dragon Lozhul Caller

When Nycto saw the man, he knew something was off. This man had a... strange feeling around him. It was a strange force, guiding, but at the same time, in hiding. Nycto knew that feeling instantly. It was second nature for Nyct to know that feeling. The man, introducing himself as Lozhul, had a slick, easy-going, charming personality, but Nycto knew that first experiences could be deceiving.

The man talked with Lapis, and Lapis seemed... put off by the man. He looked nervous as he explained that he wasn't a mage at the school, and that he was a self-taught mage, even explaining his magic to them.

Then, the man called out to Nycto, calling him over, asking if he was a friend. Nycto shuffled forward, standing next to Lapis. "I... yes. My name is Nycto, or just Nyct, if you like. Lapis here is..." Nycto faltered a bit when saying what Lapis was to him. Nycto had never exactly had a friend before. Most people came and went, and only really stayed as acquaintances with Nycto, never wanting to get too close to him. But Lapis... something about Lapis was different. He had actually enjoyed the company of Nyct, Nyct had enjoyed his. Is this... is this what having friends felt like? Was this what normal people felt like? Of course, Nycto could see that Lapis was keeping something from him, judging from his body language and the way he spoke carefully sometimes. Then again, Nycto was also keeping something from Lapis, so he couldn't really say much about it. "Yes, Lapis here is my friend." He finally finished.

Suddenly, Lapis turned around and started walking away, clearly ready to try and escape this situation. Quickly, Nycto reached out his gloved hand, and grabbed Lapis' hand. Nycto look Lapis straight in the eyes. Despite not being able to see Nycto's face or eyes because of the mask, Lapis would be able to tell what Nycto wanted from his body language.

Please don't leave me here. Nycto seemed to say silently to Lapis, without speaking. He didn't want Lapis to go for two reasons. One: because he didn't want to be left here alone with Lozhul. The man had that strange feeling about him, and Nycto didn't like it one bit. Two: Nycto was starting to care for Lapis. He hadn't had a friend in ages, and he didn't want to go back to being by himself again.

Then, Lozhul began talking again, still trying to slightly convince them to join the college. Then, Lozhul pulled a small bag from his cloak, and began explaining that he needed to go outside of Elbion. Nycto listened to him. Sure, the man gave him an off feeling, but collecting small animals seemed harmless enough, and to get to know them better.

"I mean... I was wishing to meet with a mage from the College, so this could be my chance to discuss something with one. Plus, just collecting small animals and gauging our abilities and levels of magic seems pretty straightforward. And it can be dangerous out there..." Nycto said.

"I mean, sure, I'm fine with you tagging along, as long as Lapis is fine with it." Nycto continued, looking back at Lapis.

Nycto Lozhul Caller
Hesitation filled the area as Lapis waited for Nycto. He must've missed the signal he tried to give Nycto. Regardless, Nycto was determined to keep the situation going. He felt a bit uneasy and thought for a second longer. Lapis's eyes shone like the stars when he heard Nycto call him his friend. His uncertainty immediately faded and agreed with Nycto for Lozhul to tag along to ventured outside of Elbion. "Well if Nyct is fine with us partying u- I mean joining us for a while outside of the city, I'm fine with it too." He smiled and put his hand behind his head giving a big toothy grin. Lapis almost slipped still trying to adopt the new language and the way people spoke. His origins must stay the way they are for now. He yawned and stretched his arms up. "He Lozhul, mind if we do this at sunrise? It's getting pretty late and I've been walking pretty much all day. I just need to rest up so I can be at full strength and such so that you can...uhhhh... gauge our abilities accurately. We can meet at the gate at dawn or after breakfast?" He shrugged and smiled sheepishly as the scene and mood lightened. What was Lozhul really up to? What are his true plans and intentions? Lapis thought to himself in the back of his head. Was he really on such high alert for no reason? He usually never overreacted to friendly people, but maybe he should trust his intuition this time. He dropped his guard slightly and noticeably to those around him.
*If Lozhul agrees to return in the morning, Lapis will ask Nycto to go with him to an inn where he knows the owners who will lend them a room for the night(free of charge). As Dusk turns into night, and the moon high on the rise Lapis starts feeling a little off. Unbeknownst to those around him(there will be a single night scene for Lapis and Nycto, Lozhul is welcome to chime in on what's happening during his nightly routine elsewhere as well).
*If Lozhul insists on hunting during the evening, there will not be a small night scene between Lapis and Nycto. Lapis will raise his guard again as rushing into these small and lighter outings is very off-putting to Lapis' go-with-the-flow attitude. However, during the trek, Lapis will still feel off-centered and may not perform as well combatively which will negatively impact the other characters' view(s) of him (Because of Titanfall, I am going to make sure I comply with the rules of magical items and magic, in general, not working correctly).

Last edited:
Lozhul's purple eyes sparked a bit at both of the people's words. Not only were they both willing to bring him along, they already had inclinations to coming to the college at some point. A perfect opportunity.

"A splendid idea! I hear that several beasts that live near the city are quite crepuscular, so dawn will be perfect."

Lozhul's reasoning went further then just the animals that would be easier to capture at dawn, but there was no need to say that out loud.

Lozhul slightly bowed at the hips to each person individually. "It was a pleasure to meet you Nycto... and you as well, my autodidactic friend. Until tomorrow then..."

And with that, Lozhul separated from the two to head back into the church to finish a few minor details with the sister. Even as he walked, his mind was working overtime. There was plenty to do before tomorrow. He would have to make sure he had the right gear for working outside of the city. He would need to gather some magical aura, and practice some of his spells. He would have to clear up his schedule and rearrange a few meetings. And of course, prepare the shadowman in his closet. Nothing diabolical, but being the leader of a small cult had its own tasks with each event. And when two souls that were as unique as these showed up, things needed to be done.

"Perhaps, we may have two brand new students of Ueus to join us..." Lozhul whispered to himself, delighted in the possibility.

Lapis the Hidden Dragon | Nycto

Lozhul Caller Nycto
Lozhul chose to reconvene at dawn. Either way, Lapis still didn't feel quite right about the situation as his unsteadiness grew. That strange feeling that something bad was about to happen never left. With the thought passing, Lapis turned to Nycto and asked him if he'd like to stay at an Inn with him close by. He made sure to mention how he'd helped them out and not to worry about the fees.
"Hey Nyct, I know an innkeeper I've helped in the past. I'm sure he'd let us stay a night in one of his rooms if I ask. Would you like to come spend the night at the inn with me? He won't make us pay for at least one evening. It's entirely up to you though, no pressure!" Lapis smiles warmly as he waits for his response. As much as he wanted to spend some time with his new friend, he won't mind either way. He cares deeply for others and as such, he tries to adapt to another's needs if possible. He lost his balance for a moment, but quickly regained his footing.
(Should Nycto agree, we will then cut to the inn which will be very important to Nycto and Lapis' friendship. In between their dialogue, Lozhul is welcome to share his evening "duties" just as he did upon his entry into the thread.)
(If Nycto decides to go elsewhere and not with Lapis, there will be a pivotal scene with inner dialogue for Lapis. Much may reveal things about his inner character. Either direction should add depth to all characters during this time.)

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Nycto