Private Tales Hummingbirds and Flutterbyes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Jensen's answering grin spoke volumes. Indeed, he was quite proud of what he had planned out with painstaking care whilst he'd been in bed the last few days regaining his strength.

"I hope it lives up to your imagination, Princess," once he was convinced she was happy for him to draw back to his own mount, he bounded back to Valathor and all but vaulted onto the Tsonye's back. The dragon arched his neck and rippled his scales from snout to tail, creating a mesmerising show of adulating green. Mindful of the Ransa dragon he spread his wings and waited.

"Shall we?" this was the last chance Orissa would have to change her mind and back out, or ask at least for some of her guards or ladies to join her if she felt uncomfortable alone. If he was lucky enough to get the nod from her, with a pat on Valathor's neck the dragon shot into the sky then hovered, waiting for her to join them. Once together in the air, they set a course for the South.

It was an hour before they had finally escaped the very fringes of the city proper and nothing but wilderness was laid out before them.

"First stop," he called with a grin and motioned for her to follow them. Valathor suddenly plunged towards the ground. From their height there had been no evidence of anything of note on the ground but as they drew nearer a craggy gap appeared, just wide enough for two dragons to fly into comfortably. Valathor didn't hesitate as he flew through the trench and into the darkness beyond.

• Gasp
Reactions: Orissa
Orissa was not at all concerned by how easily and trusting she saw to follow after him, but perhaps the momentary doubt was from Pixaelys and mistaken for her own thought. Each time Jensen turned to look her way, she could not help but laugh. Of course, unseen to them both, Sirine Malennis was riding Vawraek. The Moon Dragons were famous for their ability to be near invisible and perhaps was the most coveted dragon to have part of the Gilded Wings. Orissa felt free without the others flying along with her in their usual places.

It fascinated her that it never took long before they were out of the city, the farmlands serving the Crown, and now, the landscape below looked tranquil. She was glad that Jensen called out their first stop, Ransa following Tsonye with ease that the Princess wondered if he had asked his beautiful green to give them a chance to catch up. Her hands gripped the reins tight, unsure of the dark Jensen was leading them all into.

She had not expected Pix to relay reassurance through their bond, but she was grateful that she could put her trust in the dragon. It was as if the Ransa knew when trouble was near, and it became evident that this was safe. Jensen would not dare to lead the Princess into trouble, not unless he wanted to bring the Royal Family's wrath, or worse, Rayvath and Kaveh's rage.

"Should I be scared?" Her voice was laced with apprehension and curiosity, unsure of what imagination would be born from flying into a rift in the earth.

• Smug
Reactions: Jensen
"Only if you're scared of the dark!" Which, Jensen realised, he should have probably checked first. He thought her rather fearless given how she had ridden into the very maws of death itself to rescue his falling body after the Szyzgy event. She had followed him into the cave though, that must mean she wasn't all that scared... right?

Jensen didn't let his good plan be waylaid by such thoughts however. Valathor flew true, bypassing great jutting rocks and low hanging stalagmites which might have cut another dragon. He made sure his speed was that which could be kept up with, so Pix would not be left behind. Eventually the darkness thinned. Up ahead a radiant light filtered through, beckoning them in the way the afterlife might beckon the living. Valathor flew for it with no fear and for a moment, all Orissa would be able to see would be their silhouette, before following them out into the cavern beyond.

Crystals and gemstones lined every inch of the wall, all a haunting shade of blue that would have made the purest of skies weep in envy. Valathor slowed his flight further so that Pax could join him wing-tip to wing-tip to enjoy the view at a sedate pace.

• Melting
She fought hard not to shut her eyes, perhaps too scared she would miss out on something that could clue to where it was that he was leading them. Pixaelys kept perfect pace, and the Princess put all her trust in allowing the Ransa to get them through the darkness. The ribbons that rippled on her dragon's form were almost unseen in the lack of light, until a glow reached for them, and soon washed the four bodies in the air in a brilliant blue.

The air was caught in her throat, stunned that her eyes were witnessing something so surreal. Of course, she had seen illustrated depictions of such places, but the colours captured in such imagery was not done justice.

"Jensen..." Stunned, wordless, Orissa leaned her head back to truly admire the glow of the crystals that dazzled. This was better than any Royal jewels in their possession. She had always been fond of pinks and purples, but today, perhaps her favourite colour was this hue.

• Frog Cute
Jensen was grinning like a Boy Scout.

Speechless had been exactly the reaction he had been hoping for and he had to admit, it looked good on the Princess. For for a moment her mask slipped and he was afforded the expression of the woman Orissa was, not the Princess she had to be at all times. He was marrying both and he intended to know each of those sides to her. He just... had to coax the other out more.

"Valathor and Sylvraxis were playing one day when we were out here dealing with a minor skirmish amongst the farmers. They got a little... over excited and created the hole we flew through. When we investigated to make sure it wouldn't set off some minor earthquake we found this place."

• Frog Cute
Gods bless the Tsonye and their will to crack the earths.

Orissa was quick to dismount once Pixaelys found space to land, and her boots crunched into the dampened earth and rock. She immediately went to the nearest wall, and held her hand up to watch the warmth of her skin come under glow. Excitement lit up her face, giving her a wide smile that pulled at her cheeks as she turned to look at Jensen.

"It is beautiful! Do you know what they are?" Surely they were rare, to have been hidden away for so many centuries, no doubt, it would be quite the collection to obtain.

"Blue is one of my favourite colours." She shared, turning back to play with the glowing light. Of course, she enjoyed a number of colours, but mauve being her most favoured colour. Orissa had dresses in every colour she could think of, but none she wore today. They were not suitable for such a date upon riding in a saddle for a time.

• Frog Cute
Valathor landed in Pix's wake, folding his wings in tight so as not to brush across the Ransa dragon out of respect. Two dragons perched on the ledge took up most of the space and the tsonye tried his best to fold in on himself and take up as little as possible. Jensen patted his side in silent thanks before joining Orissa.

"Danika has taken to calling it Thanazite," he chuckled. Despite the beauty of the cavern, it was the Princess that captured his full attention. "She hasn't had a jewelled dragon to ask before, though I hear one is now in residence in Thanasis so I suspect she'll corner the Rider soon enough," poor cadet, he silently added, knowing how much Danika would persist in her gentle manner until her curiosity was sated.

"One of?" he grinned, a teasing glint to his eyes. "One of how many?"

• Ctuhlu senpai
"Thanazite." The name brought her lips to curve higher, eyes crinkling with amusement.

Her cheeks held a natural blush, catching the grin he wore and that twinkle in his eye as he questioned the other colours she enjoyed. "My favourite is mauve. I prefer soft blues and pinks... light yellows... but red and green, they always look best in the deeper jewel tones..." It might be odd so be so fond of colour, to have such precise shades the favour, but Orissa had grown up with colour. She was no artist, but admired the art of several artists she had befriended. She was no tailor or seamstress, but got excited over the complimentary colours used by the royal dressers.

Orissa wandered closer to Jensen, a tentative smile lingering on her lips. "I do not enjoy orange, however. It is the only colour I insist be excluded from my wardrobe."

• Frog Cute
"No orange," he mimicked taking a note on his hand, his grin widening when she took a step closer to him. Blue light danced across her skin like the faeries in old wives stories. When she was close enough he gently reached out to take her hand. "Come on, we can go in deeper," and then he was moving, not giving her a chance to let worry make her hesitate.

The gap Jensen was heading for was certainly too small for a dragon to follow. It was barely large enough for a grown man to fit through and the rider found himself having to go in sideways between two large blocks of the blue stone. A small squeeze and they were through to a single, small antechamber of sorts. A single, flawless wall of blue jewel surrounded them on all sides. The various diverts and rises distorted their images in funny ways turning them short and squat when they turned one way and freakishly tall and thin when they turned the other. It gave the impression they stood in the very centre of the gem's core.

• Melting
She made no protest to him taking her hand, leading her deeper into the glow. The darkness and close proximity of the cavern walls made her nervous, but when her hand squeezed his, she was reassured by his own squeeze back. No matter what would happen, Jensen would be there to help her through it.

Orissa could not help the burst of laughter once she saw their reflections in the jewel's surface, how odd they looked beside one another. A particular snort came from her after she watched her reflection grow thin and tall, taller than even Jensen's reflection!

It also was the first time she saw them both standing together.

Orissa had a large smile on her face, making her look like her younger self, but next to her intended, she could feel a fluttering feeling inside her. She turned her head to peer up at him, still smiling. "How amusing it would be to see a dragon reflected like this."

• Haha
"I'm not aware of any dragons with an ego that could handle it," Jensen replied with his own laugh. The sound joined Orissa's and echoed about the small jewelled chamber, throwing it back at them from a hundred different angles. He experimented with the odd mirror, squatting down or puffing out his chest to change the image again.

"Dani particularly liked this one," he said, showing her one shard of the jewel that made their bodies appear very small whilst enlarging their heads to a monstrous size. "We've been too scared to tell my father we've damaged this bit of farmland but so far nobody has commented on it. No doubt if the farmers have found it they've been secretly mining some of it," he could hardly blame them. Farming for a country of dragons was brutal work. If they could make a little more money for an easier life Jensen congratulated them for it.

• Frog Cute
Orissa could not help the fit of giggles that overtook her seeing his small body and large head. The giggles grew into laughter, to the point she had to close her eyes and let the sillies overcome her. When she managed to open them again, there were tears in her dark eyes.

They were coming to an end by the time he spoke again, bjt the remnants were seen in her soft smile as she looked to him. "I would love to take some as a keepsake of this visit."

"I would actually have them made into a tiara... for I think they will go nicely with one of my dresses..."
Her cheeks were red from laughter, but Orissa turned bashful at the talk of her princessy life. "It... is a lovely shade of blue..."

• Frog Cute
Jensen cursed himself for not thinking of presenting her with some himself.

"Of course," he smiled and offered her his hand once more to lead them back to where their dragons waited. Valathor had cautiously moved closer to the Ransa dragon to do an unsubtle sniff of his scales. The Ransa for his part seemed to be pretending to doze.

"'Tor!" He called, causing the Tsonye to sit upright quickly. "The Princess would like some gems, do you reckon we can help?" He smiled to the large beast who stood to his full height, bulbous tail already swinging in anticipation.

"Show him which ones you would like, My Lady."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Orissa was beginning to like the feel of his hand holding her own.

Grateful she went without gloves today given the warm sunshine blessing them, Orissa quickly followed his guidance back to their dragons. Of course, Pix had taken to resting, the allure of a nap before him as she could feel it in their bond.

An ever present smile twitched at her lips once Jensen asked his green dragon to assist in procuring some gems. A smile showing teeth grew on her as the dragon lifted his head up, reminding her of Dashing, her cat. How goofy and endearing it was to see personality and expression on creatures.

But nothing sounded more lovely on anyone's tongues than Jensen calling her his lady.

"Nothing too large, Valathor! A tiara is made of daintily cut gems. Anything larger and I may have to get a whole collection of jewellery made." She chuckled.

The princess turned to look at Jensen, proud to see him looking so better than he did three days ago. Perhaps he did take her advice in using the plants that helped heal and eased the muscles. Even Valathor, who she had not seen since that day on the beach, looked better. It had been her Ransa's tears that helped heal the wounds, but Pix's gentle licks at the Tsonye's wings helped the blood flow better and allowed the Tears to do it's work.

She would not have thought to marry that Ascendant that she happened upon in that mysterious cave... but now, she was happy it had been this hero her parents thought worthy of her.

• Frog Cute
Valathor of course had no real understanding on what a tiara was so Jensen helpfully provided an impression through the bond. After a few seconds of consideration the green dragon seemed to understand what was needed and lumbered off with his snout to the ground. Despite being bonded to him for his entire life, Jensen had never figured out what exactly it was that the Tsonye could smell beneath the earth. No scholar had been able to give him a definite answer either. Some had claimed it was the very fissures in the earth, whilst others had suggested it was a particular kind of mushroom that they liked.

Whatever it was the dragon was scenting led him to a small cluster of gems on the very edge. With one powerful sweep of his bulbous tail the stalagmites shattered into smaller chunks, and with another hit even smaller pieces. It took four full hits in the end before the dragon stepped back and Jensen curiously stepped forward to see.

"Perfect, 'Tor," he grinned, scooping up the neat sized little gems. They would still need cutting into a better shape but the dragon was not a jeweller. Valathor preened with pride. "Here," he gently cupped Orissa's hand and spilled the seven neat gems into her hand, then squirrelled the other three about his person before she could notice.

• Frog Cute
Orissa paid attention to only the seven pieces he gifted in her hand, sparking another smile from the Princess. She held one up, and with that dim light could reach them down here, she marvelled at the clarity of such a stone. "Exquisite. Good eye, Valathor." The Princess cooed, flashing the great Tsonye a winning smile.

Delicately, she placed the seven pieces into her leather jacket's pocket, ensuring to button it closed.

"You know, I have to find an excuse to wear this tiara once it is made and the dress that would go perfectly with it. My bother Kaveh and I have a trip ahead of us in the next few weeks that would take us to Yurelia for a Royal Wedding. I have never been, and just a little nervous about leaving for so long." Orissa had scrunched her face and lifted her hand, indicating how little bit of measure of her nerves were at the idea of playing diplomat for Thanasis.

"What is it you like, Jensen? So that I may look for something while in another city." The Princess regarded him with a playful expression, almost tempted to ask him his favourite colour.

• Frog Cute
"Well I am glad we could help you with your accessories," he flourished a bow and then flashed her that signature, crooked smile.

He wandered back towards the Ransa dragon to help her once again mount, eager to head now to their second spot, and contemplated her question as he did so.

"Mostly? I just enjoy spending time with my family. It is rather dull I'm afraid," he laughed. "But I like helping my mother with her vegetable garden, or joining my father on a hunt. Building forts with my youngest siblings..." he shrugged.

• Aww
Orissa's heart did something as she looked down at him still standing beside the peaceful Ransa. It swelled and tightened as he laughed and spoke of his family. She had not told him that family was important to her, so much so that her brothers eventually came to an agreement of momentary truce when it came to their only sister. Other than their mother, they would try to be on their best behaviour so as to not spoil Orissa's fun.

She had hoped for it the day Jensen came to the palace, but Kaveh had not informed her of the assassination attempt only after a day it had occurred.

Looking at Jensen... she wondered what a normal, loving family would look like, and would he take her away from the Palace and seek for peace?

"I always admire someone that takes time to be with their family." Orissa smiled, not one of those polite princess smiles, but a smile she found herself using a lot in his presence. "I think that gives me an idea of what gift to look for." She sat up higher, proud of the idea that came to her mind.

• Frog Cute
Jensen was simply glad the Princess didn't think him dull for not having some hobby or interest. Danika had her forge that she could talk about, and she had a keen interest in ores and the mining her father oversaw. But he was a lot more simple. He enjoyed good company, long flights, and good weather. He didn't mind reading, or long walks, or even helping in the forge but there was nothing he would point to and say was his hobby. He'd always worried it made him a rather predictable and superficial person.

"Right, step number two then!" Jensen clapped his hands together then turned to his own dragon and mounted up. Valathor might have been the cause of the cavern but the dragon didn't enjoy spending too long under ground. Restless, he jumped into the air almost as soon as Jensen's backside hit the saddle and led the way back out through the tiny rift in the earth and into the blue skies beyond. This time he winged his way to the West with quiet determination.

Here the flat farmlands began to give way to hills then mountains. Grass turned to forests and rockier terrain. Valathor dipped and weaved his way through the valley until the roaring of a waterfall reached their ears a few moments before coming into view. The rapid waves fell into a deep pool surrounded by lush, thick trees, but it was not there that Valathor alighted. Nor was it atop the waterfall. Instead, the dragon flew straight and... vanished through the waters of the fall itself.

• Frog Cute
Pixaelys had no trouble to move and keep up with the tsonye as they continued on their flight. Orissa turned her head to watch the glow fade behind them, but she had seven special pieces to make up a unique tiara. It would be the first of it's kind, as there was nothing like it in the Royal Collection.

The goldsmith is going to have fun making this one for me... she thought to herself, knowing that she was going to play the princess card to get them to start a new design for the royal wedding.

She took the time now to look ahead, to witness the natural beauty of the lands within the borders of Thanasis. It was breathtaking, seen with eyes that were not looking for constant danger with her Gilded Wings surrounding her. Hard as it was to enjoy a view without one of the blues flanking her sides, Orissa had unobstructed views as Pix kept a few beats behind Valathor.

She could smell the fresh spray of the waterfall, feel the moisture buld in the air as they moved towards it. Orissa looked around, wondering if Sirine and her Moon Dragon were witnessing these views. Orissa turned to watch Jensen, just as she registered they were heading for the falls and disappearing through the cascade.

Pixaelys did not think anything of it, understanding the order to follow, and so, the Princess had no real time to contemplate how cold the water would be or even the possibility of getting soaked. She shut her eyes, held tight and fast in her saddle and tried not to gasp with surprise at the pressure and temperature of the water as they made it through. Orissa gasped, pieces of her hair that fell from the braid now sticking against her forehead and cheeks.

"Pixaelys!" Orissa could not help the bubble of laughter leave her as she looked for Jensen, wondering what on earth he was to show her next.

• Smug
Behind the falls was a cavern large enough for several dragons to cluster comfortable without touching. Indeed, a small village could have fit itself quite comfortably among the rocks. Above, a small circle that would not permit a dragon from entering allowed for a glimpse of the blue skies above and allowed for shafts of sunlight to reach into the cavern and throw back the shadows. Valathor had already alighted and was busy grooming himself to one side, whilst Jensen was standing by what appeared to be a blanket covered in food. It had been placed directly beneath the sunlight so they could dry their clothes whilst they ate.

"I thought you might be hungry after that..." he flashed her a grin and held out a delicate glass flute of bubbly wine when she approached.

• Melting
Orissa could not help the grin spreading across her expression, even as she dismounted and wandered over to Jensen and taking the offered glass, she knew her cheeks were beginning to tire from the delights he was showing her this morning. Her dark eyes took in the cavern, watching as her Ransa too retire to the side and curl up to rest.

"It is very hidden..." She pursed her lips to try and stifle as much of her smile as she could, but already she had begun to enjoy the wonders he was showing her. This was the sort of thing she had never gotten to do as a dragon rider, nor the freedom to explore as a princess. Orissa was grateful to Jensen to share such places with her, as if he were letting her in on a secret. "And how did you find this place?"

Shrugging her jacket off, Orissa was able to have most of her linen shirt underneath be mostly dry, but her leathers came away wet and heavy. Perhaps they should be grateful the day offered plenty of sunshine, and she could feel the warmth coming from the light they were given in this cavern. She moved to sit on the edge of the blanket, smiling over the assortment Jensen had provided.

"An uprising," Jensen explained as he settled down beside her, leaning back upon his elbows and kicking his feet out in front of him. He looked as at home here as he did on the back of a dragon. "I'm not sure if you remember a few years back, some of the farmers were disgruntled about a recent Thunder of dragons taking some of their livestock without authorisation. There was a small revolt - they burnt the Officials home and such. My father and I flew out here to sort it out and discovered they were hiding their main band of men in here. They thought a dragon wouldn't fly through the waterfall," he nodded to the crashing water before them that filled the cavern with a pleasant background noise.

He picked up one of the two plates he had brought and began helping himself to a small selection of the fruits, cheeses, meats and crackers.

"Valathor it turns out loves water. I think he was a hippo in another life."

• Bless