Private Tales Hummingbirds and Flutterbyes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Orissa

Thanasian Princess
Character Biography
Link
"Peonies or orchids?" The question came to Orissa as she marvelled at the fitting of dragon armour on her Ransa dragon, a gift recieved this morning at the Royal Palace. It had been fashioned in the smith's style, but complimented well with the blues, greens, and purples of Pixaelys. Orissa crooned at the gentle dragon, running her fingers over the dragon's helm.

"Must I answer it all myself, or can this wait once he arrives?" Traditionally, it would be her mother and chosen ladies of the court to plan a royal wedding.

The eclipse had faded, darkness now reaching the sun's light, and after a week since the events that polluted Thanasis, it was hard to remember that the Royal House of Aeldren had announced a union with the House Araelor. It was to give the people hope, something to look forward to after the eclipse and attacks, and many had taken interest in this pairing.

"No, I suppose not." Her lady maid responded, closing the book she had been taking notes in, on behalf of the Queen. "They should be arriving soon. We ought to go meet them, Your Majesty."

Orissa had only met Jensen once before, unaware their families had been making such plans for their futures when she came to his aid on the coastline, battling an unknown colossal creature.

The Princess leaned her head against Pix's neck and sighed deeply, mustering the composure to ease the light blush that came to her cheeks.

"Mother will have a coniption if I am not dressed for the occasion." She murmured to her dragon, but the words seemed to be an answer for her lady's maid.

With one last look at Pixaelys, Orissa smiled and looked over the spine of the armour Danika Araelor fashioned. It had been an engagement gift, and fit so well with the Ransa dragon, Orissa had shown her bonded off to her brothers if they had the time to spare. "The days are getting warmer, perhaps I change into something to compliment the weather? I daresay there will be a picnic planned for myself and the Araelor male in the royal gardens..." A chance to get to know him, as if she had not met him already.

He probably did not remember her aiding the Valimir medic in keeping him alive on that coast...

As the Princess spent a good hour getting herself cleaned and ready for this momentous day, fanfare heralded the arrival of the Araelors. There would be an exchange of pleasantries before the families took to the gardens, mingling and conversing until Orissa was announced to the group, a small smile on her lips as she crossed the lawn and bowed her head to their visitors.

She had changed into a blush coloured dress, a much different look to her riding leathers she had met Jensen in a week ago. Orissa smiled, leaving her face warm as her brown eyes found him. "You look much more recovered."

• Frog Sweat
Reactions: Jensen
"Could you not have waited to see if... I don't know. I survived before marrying me off?"

Jensen winced as one of the servants helped ease his foot into his freshly polished boots, whilst another held out the impeccably tailored frockcoat his mother had selected.

"Nonsense! We all knew you were going to be fine," his mother plucked an imaginary bit of lint from the jacket once it was on and smoothed her hands down his arms as if to reassure herself he was alive and standing there before her. From what Danika had told her, his mother had been a wreck when he had been first brought back to the city barely clinging to life. She hadn't left his side for days. The marriage had been her way of assuring herself he would pull through.

"You look perfect," she whispered and gently cupped her sons cheek, tears welling in her eyes. Jensen took both her small hands in his and brought them to his mouth, pressing kisses to her knuckles.

"You've done an amazing job considering I look like a battered corpse," his words had their desired effect for she laughed and swotted him away before finally calling for the carriage.

He was still too early on in his healing to have clearance to ride again but that didn't mean he was without his other half. Valathor took to the skies as soon as the carriage set off and lazily winged his way towards the palace. Jensen would have much rather met the Princess from atop the dragons back. He hated how the whole situation had been arranged and had been mortified to hear from Danika it had been the Princess herself who had basically stopped his insides from becoming outsides. How was a woman to be wooed after that?

Jensen was rather glad for his mother to take the lead as the families met. A few of his other siblings had also joined - the ones his parents thought could behave at least. Danika had ended up sequested with two of the Prince's and he found himself woefully alone until the lady of the hour appeared. Jensen had never been the bashful type around women but he found himself tongue tied as she curtseyed and returned it with a bow of his own.

"I... suppose anything is an improvement on trailing intestines," he flashed a grin and rubbed the back of his neck. "I haven't had a chance to properly thank you for... saving my life. And apparently not being too put off to agree to marry me."

• Bless
Reactions: Orissa
Orissa smiled.

"I am glad that my mother and father had such faith that you would clean up nicely after I saw you last when they made the arrangements." For Jensen's actions that day were brave, enough to have his name in the ears of the royal family after all the debriefing. Orissa herself was not present at home when the beginnings of a match were being made.

"Join me for a walk?" The Princess whispered as their mothers started up a conversation about wedding themes and such. She would like to be a ways from them, wanting to get to know her husband-to-be a little better before they could begin to listen to the talk of marriage.

She would take his arm if he offered it, guiding him towards a stone bench before a small water fountain in the wall. It offered a light score to their conversation as Orissa smoothed her dress and sat. The Princess smiled again. "I was relieved you recovered so well, but there is so much Ransa tears and stitches could do. How is your strength? Please! Sit!" She insisted, making room for him.