Greetings!

Phoenix

OOC Name
Character Biography
Link
hello everyone !! my name's phoenix && i just joined chronicles. i'm super looking forwards to roleplay or chat with all of you guys but i just have one question...

from what i've read so far, arethil is rather complex world and i highly commend the staff for creating such a beautiful one but for a newcomer, i find it slightly intimidating. i've skim-read about the world of arethil and there's definitely a lot of content that i had to cover. this may be a difficult question but which sections of information are absolutely essential to know for role-play? i'm scared that if i join a roleplay, i won't understand half of what's happening ;A;
thank you ! i hope to embark on my fantastical adventure soon

Welcome!

Thank you for your compliment first of all. To answer your question, really the most important thing to read is...well whatever is relevant to your planned character. If you want to write and Elf then I highly recommend reading the Elves Article and Fal'Addas. If you want to write a Human then perhaps read Vel Anir (For military style characters), or Alliria for more merchant/seafaring types.

There's lots of content fitting a lot of different fantasy themes/ideas. We also encourage you to build your own little space within our world.

Really it all depends on what you want to do.

We also highly encourage you to ask questions. We're a friendly community and we don't mind our members asking around. No one will judge you or get mad at you for making a mistake either, so don't feel too much pressure :)

Phoenix

Yes! The crew here is great for welcoming in Newbs. Don't be afraid to join our chat and ask countless questions. It's not as complex as it seems at first (take it from me). Likewise, it's super easy for you to create your own space and just write there.

Hope to see you around!

• Yay
Reactions: Malachi
Welcome aboard Phoenix !

Please don't be intimidated, Arethil is a big world and you're not expected to know everything. Neither is your character :) Have fun writing and don't be afraid to ask about anything if you're unsure.

• Yay
Welcome Phoenix ! Hope you enjoy your stay here. If you ever wish to do magic RP, I will be glad to thread with ya!

Just read up on the Wiki and get a sense for where you want to base your character. From there, let the story weaving commence!

• Yay
Phoenix

Hi Pheonix! Glad you found us. As Kasim said, thank you for the compliments :)

Also, the good thing about our lore is that you do not need to know much ICLy about the cities or what is going on. It is very much like our IRL world with so many cultures that no one can know them all!

If you are keen on doing a specific species, you certainly can. We have a basic set up of species, but you are also welcomed to create your own and flesh them out through RP.

Depending on what you want to do, we are happy to assist with pointing you in the right direction and getting started with roleplaying.

proxy.php