Letters From Across The World

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Ashieron

Dragon Keeper Founder/“Leader”
Character Biography
Link
Gerra (got off my lazy ass to finally do this letter lol)

Emperor of Amol-Kalit,

I do wish of you to take this letter as a warning of one of your chosen acquaintances by the name of Aivrid. I wish to inform you of his actions against my people who are innocent in all regards. As we strive to assist the remaining dragons in the world by giving them a place to live with their own kin, and to be protected by hunters and other whom would do them the utmost of harm. We assist dragons when they need it, we rescue the hatchlings and eggs from less then safe circumstances, or ask if we may help and older dragon but nothing more, we leave them free to make their own choices in life in our sanctuary where they are safe. Whether it involve them leaving our organization to roam the world, or go and start a family elsewhere, the choice is theirs.

On the evening of the twenty second day of winter in the Spine. Aivrid and another of his kin came to my Keep and my city demanding we hand over all the dragons within our care to the two of them, namely the little hatchlings and eggs. Claming they belong with him and purely just dragons. Claiming how dragons lost touch with their old ways and how he could show them the truth in how humans and others such of them should fear dragons as they should bring terror to them. When I informed them that I will not be forcing them to make such a choice as it is their own choices my people and the dragons were attacked in blind fury and without regard to whose lives they were taking.

In the end of the struggle, many of my people and even dragons perished in their attack and most of our homes, if not all, were destroyed by the dragon fire as were many of our winter provisions. Simply because I declined their demands and wanted them, Aivrid and his companion, to go and ask the single dragons, mothers and fathers, and older dragons if they wanted to go with them. My people and the dragons cries and screams are now etched into my soul and it is something my people will never forget.

Do what you wish to Aivrid upon reading this letter, I do ask for a punishment but that will not change the past. If you doubt if the statement above is true then I ask that you go yourself to the old Keep, you will not be able to miss it as the valley is now all but burned down around it. You will see those we have lost and their shadows forever imprinted to what stone remains.

I beseech you, please be wary of Aivrid. He has his own goals and to accomplish them he will do anything.

The Keeper

The Keeper,

I write to you out of courtesy for the time you took to send a letter from the other end of the world. I have reviewed your allegations and to my eyes it appears that it is you who are in the wrong, holding young hatchlings and eggs hostage, when they have a right to be cared for by their own kind.

Your exploitation of dragon-kind concerns me as I wonder to what ulterior ends your organization operates. Even if you are true to your word, you had no right to deny Aivrid the care of his own children, who are no doubt blood relatives.

There is little question in my mind that were I to hold your grandchildren hostage against your will, assuming you have any, you would find my protestations that it is for their own good rung hollow in your ears.

Please do not brook further grievance with the dragons. It will not end well for you.

-Hasuras na-Gerra, Djinn of Rhaqoum, King of Annuakat, Shah of Ragash, Sultan of Salitra, Son of Fire and Prince of the Harvest, Sovereign Emperor of the Holy Land of Amol-Kalit

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Fieravene