LFG Fill the world with ashlanders!

Mabess

Mother, Clanswoman, Chieftain of the Stormcallers
Character Biography
Link
The ashlanders are a widespread faction of orcs living in the spine and originating from the blightlands. They are united by a common heritage and a shared goal of carving out a place to truly call their own and prosper for generations to come.

What does it mean to be an ashlander orc?
Ashlander orcs are a varied, still nomadic group of orcs, but big things are to come, and boy do I have plans. Members go out on adventures of their own, yet there Is always so much more when an orc has a community of their own, a place to call home, with a rich history spanning over multiple characters, OCs, NPCs and storylines unfolds.

Currently some good stuff longterm plots are being...plotted out, and while outsider orcs are welcome for as long as Mav Stormcaller is chieftain. So who wouldn't wanna miss out on that fun stuff ;) ! There is always that sense of actually being part of something, and so the reason on why I'm here to expand the ranks of the ashlanders.

Joining is pretty optional with the sense that there is no active recruitment with forms and the like, simply make an orc an ashlander and part of any of the five tribes and you are free to go with no approval needed, however I ask that people are civil with each other, like with anything else :) There are some basic things to keep in mind as well as is keeping things in tasteful respect to keeping things in 'spirit' to the ashlanders.

For those that wanna make an ashlander!

Some of the most common roles are labourers, hunters, warriors, shamans, shaman's apprentices, herbalists, potters, cooks, skinners, smiths, warriors in training, elders as an Idea and plenty more to go on and go on.

The specific branches/tribes among the ashlanders are;
Blackhawks, heavily militaristically oriented, for the hunt. Ruthless warriors but honour-bound, sometimes their tactics are described as savage. Sometimes things slip however.
Stormcallers, very diplomatic and honourable. They were usually the clan to mediate any dispute among their brethren.
Snow-wolves, seem to be the most balanced in the sense of following a path of spirituality, honour and war. Also, their mounts are usually white wolf-like mounts.
Silverstones, are very loyal but also very reclusive from non ashlander orcs as well as non-diplomatic to any outsiders. They are very tightly knit with Blackhawks, yet their war strategy is far more sophisticated. They also employ combat magic occasionally.
Shadowrevers, deeply shamanistic and most in touch with the spirit world, often described as mysterious and great explorers in such arts. Likely the least warrior-oriented.

I currently controll most of the ashlander NPCs and if a specific relationship is desired, it can be created between any new arrivals or other ashlanders and preexisting NPCs under my controll. Teacher? Pupil? Collegue? Friend? Who knows!

For those that just wanna join on so!

The orcs have to be from a tribe not currently in war with the ashlanders (basically ...currently none other which are user-created, so you're in luck! But I think any Blight orcs count in the category, despite ashlanders being descendants of the blightlands). Transient spouses also count in.
Silvertones never host outsiders and Blackhawks usually follow suit but not as strictly. Stormcallers are the most welcoming followed by Snow-wolves. Shadowreavers might only want to host magically inclined characters.

Last edited:
Haven't made a page for this character yet. But I definitely want to get involved in some Orc RP.

• Yay
Reactions: Mabess
Definitely we should boost more orcish rp! We're in a pretty strong spot atm but...but why should we settle for mediocrity if it can be so much better?

• Yay
Reactions: Dragox and Ceit
Aw man if you guys knew what is planned in store. :p

• Yay
Reactions: Dragox
Ooh, this looks cool. Alani is only part orc (she doesn't look very orcish at first glance) but at the moment I have her character arc focusing on her learning about her heritage and improving her connection to nature. Would there be a space for her in one of the tribes that wouldn't try to kill her or kick her out.

• Yay
Reactions: Mabess and Dragox
Stormcallers are best choice, always. Snow-wolves come as a second best while shadowreavers are accepting to spiritual mages.
So far for half-ocs, which are faaar better recieved and it wouldn't surprise me for the blackhawks to have some half-born warriors too.

• Yay
Reactions: Alani Delkera
I'd like to inquire about this group accepting outsiders especially non-orcs. I noticed there wasn't a goblin species in the wiki and I was thinking of creating a cavalry character so I was wondering if it would be possible for me to create a goblin character who along with a small band of wolf riders tries to gain merit in Ashlander tribes in an effort to find their own place among the group. I was thinking of making the group they belong to be a decimated remnant of various tribes that banded together looking for protection in the Ashlanders.

Also just as a measuring stick, could you explain how large the Ashlander tribe is along with how large the groups are? Is it like a small tribe with a few hundred orcs and the groups being a handful of dozen each or a straight up horde with thousands of orcs and the groups being large enough to be their own separate tribes?

• Yay
Reactions: Mabess
The ashlanders originally started out as smaller bands but have since grown, I am reluctant to give hard numbers since they will be ever changing, just yet but it's enough for most everyone to know eachother.

Insofar, There are people roleplaying goblins, but a wiki can be made for them, I think it would be very welcome. And as about welcoming goblins. Ashlanders are rather territorial when it comes specifically to the hunting grounds they inhabit, but diplomacy and being able to talk things out with other races without resorting to violence comes to a high regard. If there were mutual benefit I bet Mabess would welcome the goblin riders.

• Yay
Reactions: Adam Thate