Private Tales Fight Night

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"What? Oh, just a lucky breeze. The shops in Teth are all so shoddy. Things like that just happen. Now, c'mon, no time to waste."

He looked at each of the two as if what had just happened was a part of everyday life. The way back to the ship was now clear. The amount of crew that they had was still minimal, but it was enough to sail and that would do.

As they arrived on the ship, Edward was quick to bark out orders. "All hands on. We're leaving a little early. Let's move it. We're headin to...Dornoch." They could safely spend all of their new funds in Dornoch without any questions asked.

Wait, Ed looked around and locked eyes with Fen. "Make sure the big guy is here and good to go. We won't leave without 'em."

He then turned his sights towards Maliyah, "Find a spot to sleep on put your things. It is a first come first serve, so good luck." Edward then moved towards the captain's quarters to stash the gold.

Maliyah Molinari Fenic Creed

Maliyah nodded as she headed off to explore the ship and find a place to sleep. She had to admit that this was a new experience for her. She had always had a nice place to sleep but she knew what joining this crew would entail. Sacrifices. Would it be worth it though? That remained to be seen.

After she found a decent sleeping spot and deposited her pack, she took the bag of gold that she had won and headed to the captains quarters. She knocked softly on the door and waited for Edward to answer so she could turn over the gold as promised.

Edward Lorain Fenic Creed

"What? Oh, just a lucky breeze. The shops in Teth are all so shoddy. Things like that just happen. Now, c'mon, no time to waste."
"An angel..."
Fenic muttered again.

She managed to keep her feet the rest of the way to the boat.

Wait, Ed looked around and locked eyes with Fen. "Make sure the big guy is here and good to go. We won't leave without 'em."
Fenic nodded and went to her spot by the main mast where she sits to operate Apocolisk.
She sat cross-legged and leaned against the mast to activate her rune.

Apocolisk stirred in his cage. Such twitching wasn't unusual for a fighting beast, even without a mind operating them they were still living creatures. They breathed and had involuntary twitches, like they were dreaming.
She cracked an eyelid and looked around.

The carriage transporting Apocolisk was still on the move, but she couldn't tell if they were heading to the docks or somewhere else.

The men transporting her didn't seem off.
She wasn't really concerned about someone kidnapping Apocolisk, he was strong enough to escape nearly any prison.
There's a process to hijacking a fighting beast, and it involved kidnapping the controller, not the beast.
She opened her eyes fully and raised her head to look around. Immediately the porters were startled and backed away from the cage.

She looked around and didn't recognize the area, but that didn't mean anything.
They had paid for these porters so they were expecting to be payed for delivering the Apocolisk.
But they were in a hurry.

Apocolisk flexed and walked through the cage, traveling through the city to find the docks.

Edward opened the door with a smile on his face. He had deposited the chest into a hidden compartment that only he knew about which only opened with a key he had. Once that was finished, he felt completely relaxed.

"Ah, Ms. Molinari, what I can I help you with...Once we set sail. I want you to just keep your eyes and ears open. See what you can learn from everyone around you. If we have free time then I will teach you some of the ropes."

Edward moved past her and back onto the deck of the ship and finally noticed her holding her bag. He raised an eyebrow.

"That is a decent haul for a barmaid. Color me impressed."

Maliyah nodded at Edwards instructions. She could do that and she would be able to pick up at least the basics. She had to prove she wasn’t worthless or he was going to leave her in Dornach.

When he commented on her haul, she chuckled and held the bag out to him.

“People tip well and I have been saving knowing that Apocolisk would be fighting tonight. You aren’t exactly,” she paused as she debated her word but she went with the plain and simple. “Quiet when you start drinking,” that was the first indication that she gave that she had been keeping an eye on him prior to tonight.

“I will go get ready to watch and learn now,” she said with a smile.

It was a harrowing event for the citizens of this city.
To witness such a massive creature walking down the streets, guards were called and warning bells were ringing to alert more guards that a ten foot tall monster was loose in the city!

Apocolisk was heedless of everything happening around it. Fenic controlling Apocolisk was getting a little frustrated that she was having trouble finding the docks!

Just keep going downhill you would think!

Finally, with a frustrated huff she climbed to the top of tall a building to get a view above the rooftops, heedless of the rain if arrows that followed her. Aha! The glittering sea was THAT way!
She let out a roar of triumph and jumped down the other side of the building to head in the direction of the docks. She took to climbing over buildings whenever they got in the way, causing no small amount of destruction in her wake as her weight easily collapsed roofs or pushed over buildings entirely!

Guards on horseback attempted simultaneously to clear the people from the beasts path and attack the massive creature that seemed to have a hide too tough for normal weapons to pierce.
Finally at the docks she saw their ship already casting off, she dove into the cove and quickly disappeared beneath the waves.

Fenic on the ship was slumped. The only signs that she was alive was her gentle breathing. But she was completely unresponsive to other stimulus.

"You know. If I did not know any better, I would think you were stalking me."

He would have continued asking questions but was interrupted by the loud roar that echoed through the town. His head whipped around the see a large figure climbing atop some of the buildings...That figure looked familiar. Uh, oh.

Edward was already moving when he caught a glance of Apocolisk coming down from the building. It would be coming this way.

"Push off! Be ready to leave!"

The crew burst into action as Edward opened the large entrance below deck. That was where they put the Apocolisk while on their voyages.

Thankfully, the crew moved fast enough as the shit shuddered with the arrival of the large creature onto the deck. Edward ran over to the railing and called out to the guards.

"Sorry bout that. I'll be sure to set things straight when I return."

He noted that he was getting shouted obscenities at him from the city, but when did that bother him? He pointed over to their smallest crew member.

"Someone, go carry Fen to her bed. Let her get some rest. Have, Doc give her a look over and make sure she is ok."

Doc was actually just one of the crew who use to be a barber before he joined, and he knew how to stitch, but it was the closest thing they had. The rest of the ship already had the vessel heading out of Teth and moving west.

Maliyah watched the crew jump into action at their Captains orders.

She was lost in watching everyone when she heard Edward tell someone to bring Fenic to bed and have her looked over.

"I can look at her," Maliyah offered. "I am a healer..."

She was no doctor but if he was busy, she could help out.

Apocolisk swam alongside the ship for a while, she had hoped to not associate the destruction she caused with Edwards ship, but it seemed too late for that.

She climbed aboard the ship and crawled down below decks to the storage area where they kept Apocolisk, then she returned to her body, waking up in the infirmary and blinking in confusion.
"Did I hit my head?"
She avoids moving just in case she did.

She's completely unaware of anything happening to her body when she's controlling Apocolisk, that's why she sits down and leans against the mast, it wouldn't be the first time she's fallen over and hit her head on something.

Oh, yeah, that's right. Their newest crewmate might also take the role of the ship healer. That could be nice. No offense to Doc, but all of his stitch jobs looked like lightning bolts.

"Good idea. Let's go take a look at her-"

He was cut off by Fenic waking up, and he laughed "Ha, never mind. She is tougher than she looks." He hoisted Fenic up onto her feet and dusted her off. "No, you are fine. I told you that I will always keep you safe. Glad to see the big guy is good to go. Does he need anything?"

Edward look to Maliyah while he awaited an answer from Fen. "I do think it would be a good idea to go around the ship and see if you can heal some of the crew's minor injuries. It would make everything a bit faster."

Maliyah nodded at Edward's orders. She could do that. She would be useful.

She made her way around the ship checking with different crew members about their ailments and injuries.

Maliyah was not sure how other peoples healing worked but she knew hers was strange. She did not just heal the person wounds, she did not actually have the ability to heal another person. She could only heal herself. No one knew about that little nuance though because she hid it well.

One of the crew members had a nasty cut on his arm that had become infected. Maliyah put her hand near the wound and looked like an idiot for a moment. The cut expelled its infection and closed up. It was gone in an instant and the crew member thanked her several times.

She quickly walked off and raised her right sleeve. The wound now festered on her own body and it would take a few minutes to heal. During those few minutes, she felt the pain of it.

• Cry
Reactions: Fenic Creed
"Good idea. Let's go take a look at her-"

He was cut off by Fenic waking up, and he laughed "Ha, never mind. She is tougher than she looks." He hoisted Fenic up onto her feet and dusted her off. "No, you are fine. I told you that I will always keep you safe. Glad to see the big guy is good to go. Does he need anything?"
"He's fine, I'll have him go fishing tonight while we're at sea and we can save on our food stores."

She wasn't much use up on deck, so she went to her spot below decks while the crew worked above.
If Edward needed here he knew where to find her.
She had a barrel with a little oil lamp and several books designed to help illiterate people learn to read.
She picked up one of the books and picked up where she left off. She knew the alphabet and was learning to the different sounds each letter made.

She sat by herself, sounding out each letter with their names.

• Aww
Reactions: Edward Lorain
"Sounds good, but keep him close. Don't want to be getting lost."

Edward smiled in satisfaction as he watched the two and the rest of his crew go off to complete jobs or other tasks. This crew would get them to Oban and then they could pick up a few more there, and get some much-needed ship repair.

"Hey, don't overdo it ok." He called out to Maliyah. Ed did not exactly know how magic worked, but he knew that it could tire someone out quickly.

The next few hours would go by simply as everyone got into the rhythm of working the ship. That's when the storm hit.

Maliyah did overdo it in those next few hours and she was still healing from the last few injuries she had healed. It astounded her how many injuries this crew had when they had a doctor aboard. Maybe he was a terrible doctor? She was unsure and it did not matter right now.

She was ready to go to sleep and let her body fully heal up but nature had another idea.

The storm whipped up out of nowhere and she was unsure of where to go or what to do.

Fenic Creed Edward Lorain

• Yay
Reactions: Edward Lorain
As the wind picked up and the ship began to rock with the buffering winds and rolling waves Fenic didn't want to risk breaking her lamp so she reluctantly closed her books and blew out her lamp before stowing it securely in a chest.

She then wobbled her way through the ship and went to her hammock in the crew's quarters.
She laid in her hammock and briefly checked on Apocolisk to make sure he wasn't being tossed around by the storm before she returned to her body and pulled her blankets around her.

She didn't like storms. So much of her life of a slave involved being wet and cold most of the time. She'd gotten used to it but she didn't like it, it reminded her of nights left in cold wet pits of mud with rain slowly filling it up.
If she weren't so valuable as a beast fighter she might have been left to drown or die from sickness on several occasions.
Having somewhere warm and dry to sleep, and warm and dry clothes was a blessing.

Of course, as Apocolisk she didn't mind any weather. Nothing could faze her as Apocolisk... Often she had slept in the body of Apocolisk and wondered if her body died if she would become Apocolisk permanently...

The storm was rather unexpected. First, came the wind, quickly followed by the rain. It was not holding back as the storm rocked the ship back and force through the ocean. The crew was doing its best to keep the vessel moving with Edward wrestling with the wheel.

By now, the storm had the ship dangerously slanting to the side. Through all this chaos, Edward spotted Maliyah through the torrent and yelled out at her.

"You, find Fen and get to my quarters! Tie yourselves down!"

Having anyone on deck that did not know what they were doing would just hurt the ship more than it helped. The same was likely true for anyone below deck, as well. Best to get the two girls somewhere out of the way.

Not waiting to see if she followed his orders, Edward glared up at the sky as a lightning bolt streaked across the sky. He bellowed to the sky.

"I told you I was sorry! I was desperate!"
The ship nearly tipped over right then and there almost in response to him.

"What do you mean this wasn't the first time? I always say thank you! Don't you think you are being a bit of a baby?"

This time, a water spout began to appear off to the left, the direction the wind seemed to be taking them.

"Oh, c'mon. I didn't mean it. I promise." He could not finish the conversation as the wrestling match with the wheel became more difficult.

"You, find Fen and get to my quarters! Tie yourselves down!"

It took Maliyah a few seconds to realize that Edward was speaking - no yelling - at her. She nodded a couple times then disappeared to find Fenic. She hoped the girl was down in the crew quarters because if she wasn't then Maliyah was in trouble. She did not know the ship well enough to go exploring it too much without getting lost.

Maliyah stumbled into the crew quarters thanks to the movement of the ship in the storm. She certainly did not have her sea legs. She made her way over to Fenic's hammock and gently touched her shoulder.

"Fenic, the Captain wants us to go to his quarters and tie ourselves down," her voice was loud as she tried to be heard over the roar outside.

Fenic sat up when she heard someone come in, and when she saw Maliyah approaching she swung her legs out of the hammock.

"Fenic, the Captain wants us to go to his quarters and tie ourselves down," her voice was loud as she tried to be heard over the roar outside.
Fenic nodded and climbed down from the hammock.
She didn't see what good going to the captains quarters was as opposed to a hammock. The whole reason the crew slept in hammocks instead of beds was because of the rolling of the sea, and a hammock would keep them from rolling and falling out of their beds.

But, orders were orders.
"Alright."
She followed Maliyah to the captains quarters and found some rope.

Another main reason that Edward wanted the both of them in his quarters was so that he knew where they were during the chaos of all this mess. He had promised to keep Fen safe when he took her out of slavery, and he still felt responsible for Maliyah until she got her feet under her.

Looking out for those two meant not drowning them and the rest of the crew in this storm. The water spout grew ever closer and Edward continued his tirade against the storm.

"They were gona rob me, so you didn't want to help me? I thought this was a friendship."

It did seem like Edward was slowly managing to steer the ship clear of the waterspout, but it was unclear whether he was going to be able to maneuver it in time.

"You know if you drown us then that is it. You won't ever see me again. No more hanging out." If anything, it felt like the wind grew more severe for a moment.

"Oh, haha, very funny. You know you would miss me, and I would very much miss you."

Maliyah was glad that Fenic was amenable and came without issue. The two of them headed from the crews quarters to the captains quarters.

Honestly, she did not think the storm was that bad now that she was inside but she would do what she was told.

"Do you really think we need to tie ourselves to something?"

"Do you really think we need to tie ourselves to something?"
Fenic shrugged.

It was good enough for her that the captain ordered them to, so she started pulling out ropes without question.
She handed Maliyah an end of a rope as she took another rope for herself.
"If the storm gets too bad, we could fall and hurt ourselves."

That was her only venture at a guess. Again, she was raised to obey without question or complaint, it would take her a longer time still to finally break free of the chains that remained in her mind.

The ship was equipped with railings for this very purpose, so Fenic started tying herself to the handrail.

By now, it was clear to Edward that they were going to get hit. Not enough to completely sink the ship, but enough to damage it and teach Ed a lesson apparently.

"Crew, brace!"

At the command, the rest of the crew who were also tying themselves down reached out and gripped onto anything they could hold onto. The waterspout brushed against the side of the ship and Edward flinched as he heard the sound of pieces of wood breaking.

Yeah, that was going to leave a mark. Edward jerked the wheel to the side trying to pull away, but he still saw some of the crew get pushed back, only for the ropes they were tied to keeping them for being thrown around or worse, off the ship.

It lasted only a few seconds, but eventually, Edward steered the ship away. Sadly, they were still not out of the storm just yet.

"Fen, Maliyah, take some advice. Never get tangled up with an emotional woman. They are crazy."

If anything, the wind seemed to only grow in intensity.

• Stressed
Reactions: Fenic Creed