Private Tales Fight Night

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Edward Lorain

Character Biography
Link
The Shipwreck Tavern was a popular tavern in the city of Teth that received its name due to the building itself being an old shipwreck that has miraculously held itself together over the years. Found in the Outer Docks, this tavern was a popular spot for the unsavory sort of Teth, which was saying a lot if one considered the island's inhabitants.

The smell of alcohol and musk was heavy in the air. Loud tavern music played constantly being drowned out by the boisterous drunken yelling of men and women in the room. The place was packed with the dirty and unkept types that frequented the establishment. Tobacco smoke was so thick in the air that one could almost taste it on their tongue. Yes, the Shipwreck tavern was an assault on all the senses. It was often packed, but tonight was special. It was fight night.

"You sure you're up for this?"

Standing out in the tavern, as Edward guided them through the throng of people was the young pirate captain, Edward Lorain. A regular at the venue, but this time he brought a guest. A young girl, who seemed completely out of place.

The crew was currently in need of a little bit of coin to help pay for some of the ship's repairs. Fennec had tossed out the idea, and after Ed received a guarantee of victory, he was all in on the idea.

He marched her up to a desk off to the side with a large woman and a book to fit her size.

"Hello, Brunhilda. I would like to register a fighter."

"No, offense Ed, but they'll kill you in there."

"Oh, thank you for the concern my dear, but not for me. For her."

He motioned to his much shorter companion. Brunhilda leaned over the counter as he looked down at Fenic.

"You've got to be kidding me, Ed."

Fenic Creed

• Bless
Reactions: Fenic Creed
The Shipwreck Tavern was a popular tavern in the city of Teth that received its name due to the building itself being an old shipwreck that has miraculously held itself together over the years. Found in the Outer Docks, this tavern was a popular spot for the unsavory sort of Teth, which was saying a lot if one considered the island's inhabitants.

The smell of alcohol and musk was heavy in the air. Loud tavern music played constantly being drowned out by the boisterous drunken yelling of men and women in the room. The place was packed with the dirty and unkept types that frequented the establishment. Tobacco smoke was so thick in the air that one could almost taste it on their tongue. Yes, the Shipwreck tavern was an assault on all the senses. It was often packed, but tonight was special. It was fight night.
"You sure you're up for this?"

Standing out in the tavern, as Edward guided them through the throng of people was the young pirate captain, Edward Lorain. A regular at the venue, but this time he brought a guest. A young girl, who seemed completely out of place.
Fenic only nodded in response. Beast fighting was no joke and no place for a little girl... Fortunately, once she was the Apocolisk instead of Fenic, it didn't matter if she was a toad before, she was a savage beast now.

The crew was currently in need of a little bit of coin to help pay for some of the ship's repairs. Fennec had tossed out the idea, and after Ed received a guarantee of victory, he was all in on the idea.

He marched her up to a desk off to the side with a large woman and a book to fit her size.

"Hello, Brunhilda. I would like to register a fighter."

"No, offense Ed, but they'll kill you in there."

"Oh, thank you for the concern my dear, but not for me. For her."

He motioned to his much shorter companion. Brunhilda leaned over the counter as he looked down at Fenic.

"You've got to be kidding me, Ed."
Fenic opened her shirt a little to reveal the rune of a beast fighter branded on her sternum for the lady behind the counter.
She was getting a little better at taking initiative instead of waiting for permission from her master, as he'd been encouraging her. But she still had a long ways to go.

"We're ready to fight."
She said simply, still somewhat shocked at her own boldness.
Beast fights were always bloody, two titanic beasts going at it and tearing each other to shreds. It was a blood sport and people paid a lot of money to see as much blood as possible.

Only, Fenic had the handicap of very little grace. Her master didn't have any fleshwarpers or healers in his employ, so she had to make sure her friend Apocolisk took as little damage as possible... So a normal fight for her.

The large woman raised an eyebrow at the small girl's markings before looking up at Edward, with a look that clearly questioned where he had gotten his hands on one of them.

Edward only smiled back with a charming toothy grin. "So, I believe that should satisfy everything. Please sign her up. Fenic is the name."

Brunhilda could only chuckle as she scribbled down the name. "Alright, the fights start in about thirty minutes, until then, enjoy yourselves."

Ed nodded his thanks one last time before pulling Fenic away from the crowd, not wanting any of them to get any funny ideas about taking advantage of a small girl.

"Alright Fen, we won't bring in the big guy until the last second. It doesn't give the others time to prepare and it makes for great theatricality."

He ordered two ales, one for him and one for Fenic. Water would be another option for the young girl, but at a place like this, the water was probably dirtier than the floor they were walking on.

Fenic Creed

• Nervous
The large woman raised an eyebrow at the small girl's markings before looking up at Edward, with a look that clearly questioned where he had gotten his hands on one of them.

Edward only smiled back with a charming toothy grin. "So, I believe that should satisfy everything. Please sign her up. Fenic is the name."

Brunhilda could only chuckle as she scribbled down the name. "Alright, the fights start in about thirty minutes, until then, enjoy yourselves."

Ed nodded his thanks one last time before pulling Fenic away from the crowd, not wanting any of them to get any funny ideas about taking advantage of a small girl.
"Alright Fen, we won't bring in the big guy until the last second. It doesn't give the others time to prepare and it makes for great theatricality."

He ordered two ales, one for him and one for Fenic. Water would be another option for the young girl, but at a place like this, the water was probably dirtier than the floor they were walking on.
Fenic listened to his plan and swallowed hard. She nodded, looking down at her feet... Slowly remembering her master's constant requests for her to speak freely what she was thinking.
"Umm... Mister Edward. Are you saying that I will be in the arena with the beasts?"
She took the ale when it arrived and sipped it without complaint.

Edward looked at her incredulously worrying that she might have gotten bonked on the head during their last job.

"What? No, they would rip you apart in there. You will be standing right next to me, so I can keep an eye on you. I just meant that we won't bring in the big guy until right before the fights start."

He shook his head to rid himself of the images in his mind of little Fenic trying to fight off a tiger or something. That would be disastrous.

Edward down half of his ale in one large gulp and finally put it down on the table with a long content sigh.

Fenic Creed

Edward looked at her incredulously worrying that she might have gotten bonked on the head during their last job.

"What? No, they would rip you apart in there. You will be standing right next to me, so I can keep an eye on you. I just meant that we won't bring in the big guy until right before the fights start."

He shook his head to rid himself of the images in his mind of little Fenic trying to fight off a tiger or something. That would be disastrous.

Edward down half of his ale in one large gulp and finally put it down on the table with a long content sigh.
"Oh."
Fenic let out a sigh of relief. That made more sense, even if she had Apocolisk come in at the last moment she would be an unconscious body in the arena while two massive beasts wrestle each other, she could end up getting killed that way.

But no... Apparently they were playing the no-show game and she agreed, that had a certain theatrical flare.
She sipped her ale again. It tasted foul but that's just how it was supposed to taste, she didn't complain and obediently nursed it while they waited.

In a beast fight, two controllers entered the arena in the bodies of their fleshcrafted beasts, which were designed for these fights. It was always a fight to the death, with the controller being safely forced back into their own body when their beast died.
Fenic has had a perfect record in these fights, while in her beast she possessed a will to live far stronger than what she displayed in her own life, Apocolisk has never been killed by man or beast.

Fenic fought for her life every time.

Edward was not all too familiar with these beast fights, but he had drunkenly watched some of these fights in this very establishment. To be honest, he was not all that worried. The few times that he had watched made it clear that the type of people that fought here usually could not afford such strong creatures. Hell, the last champion had just been an overgrown bear with bark for skin.

Apocolisk was a rare creature that would put the other challengers to shame. It truly was luck that it was one of his crew that jaegered the thing.

"Remember, we need to win, but don't do anything stupid. We don't have the money to also be fixing Paco up, after all of this."

Edward had a habit of trying different names for the Apocolisk. This was the third name this week, but its actual name was just too much of a mouthful.

Fenic Creed

Edward was not all too familiar with these beast fights, but he had drunkenly watched some of these fights in this very establishment. To be honest, he was not all that worried. The few times that he had watched made it clear that the type of people that fought here usually could not afford such strong creatures. Hell, the last champion had just been an overgrown bear with bark for skin.

Apocolisk was a rare creature that would put the other challengers to shame. It truly was luck that it was one of his crew that jaegered the thing.

"Remember, we need to win, but don't do anything stupid. We don't have the money to also be fixing Paco up, after all of this."

Edward had a habit of trying different names for the Apocolisk. This was the third name this week, but its actual name was just too much of a mouthful.
"I'll be careful."
Fenic nodded in affirmation but cringed at the name.
Apocolisk was a famous name amongst the Beast Fighting circles.
It was a good plan to keep him hidden till the last moment and to give her name instead of his. Otherwise their opponents might try to rig their beasts with illegal weapons to give them an edge... Let them think she's the underdog and get the bets running against them... Then blow everyone out of the water.

"Paco's even worse, Mister Edward."
She complained.
"He's my friend, I think his name's just fine."
She sipped her drink and instinctively held her peace once again.
She didn't make eye contact with anyone in the tavern, she barely looked up from the floor or her drink when she spoke to Edward.

"Fine, fair enough. It was just some food for thought."

The name was one of those that sounded great being shouted across an arena to hype up a room. Just a little difficult to whisper a name like that.

Edward cast his gaze around the room trying to see what information he could gather about the upcoming fights, but there wasn't much to be said. There were just too many people here to pick others out without him knowing their appearance.

That left only one thing to do.

Ed reached into the crowd and snatched a small squirrely man that was walking past them. "Hector, my friend, good to see you. Put me down for 50 gold on Fenic." He motioned to the young girl to indicate his choice.

The man looked surprised and looked between the two of them. "You serious Ed? You know Insidious is fighting tonight, right?"

"First off, we all know that is a fake name and it isn't even scary."

The little man just laughed and recorded the bet.

Fenic did not need to know that the bet was made from most of the crew's remaining funds. But you know the old saying, you have to spend money to make money.

Fenic Creed

Last edited:
"Fine, fair enough. It was just some food for thought."

The name was one of those that sounded great being shouted across an arena to hype up a room. Just a little difficult to whisper a name like that.

Edward cast his gaze around the room trying to see what information he could gather about the upcoming fights, but there wasn't much to be said. There were just too many people here to pick others out without him knowing their appearance.

That left only one thing to do.

Ed reached into the crowd and snatched a small squirrely man that was walking past them. "Hector, my friend, good to see you. Put me down for 50 gold on Fenic." He motioned to the young girl to indicate his choice.
The man looked surprised and looked between the two of them. "You serious Ed? You know Insidious is fighting tonight, right?"

"First off, we all know that is a fake name and it isn't even scary."

The little man just laughed and recorded the best.
Fenic disagreed, Insidious sounded exactly that... Insidious.
It wasn't a name she recognized, thankfully, she didn't expect to hear any familiar big name beasts in a tavern arena like this.

These were amateurs at best, and brutish cheaters and illegal fleshwarpers at worst. She was a professional, and Apocolisk was a top of the line fleshcrafted beast. She wasn't worried about a dire bear with bark for skin.

But... What worried her is that Apocolisk IS a big name beast, and if any of these locals have ever been to a real beast fight they might recognize her, or Apocolisk, the minute they saw them... That could lead to accusations of rigging the fight... Because most of these yokels are way out of their league with her in the ring.

Fenic did not need to know that the bet was made from most of the crew's remaining funds. But you know the old saying, you have to spend money to make money.
She didn't know how to count very high yet, but she knew fifty was a lot, and she didn't know how much they had left, but she trusted Edward and she trusted Apocolisk.

Her other concerns were more pressing.
"Mister Edward... In most beast fights there's an inspector that checks over the beasts for illegal weapons... If I win too easily they might accuse us of cheating... Is there anyone these people trust that we can trust? We should cover our backs..."

Her other concerns were more pressing.
"Mister Edward... In most beast fights there's an inspector that checks over the beasts for illegal weapons... If I win too easily they might accuse us of cheating... Is there anyone these people trust that we can trust? We should cover our backs..."

"Excellent idea, Fenic...Hector, can you make sure that Grayson is the inspector for the fight?"

"Grayson is a drunk."

"Yeah, one of the good ones. Everyone likes him, so no one will be complaining."

Hector had to reluctantly agree with that. Grayson had been an old pirate captain that got out before life got to him. It was rare in the profession. He now spent all of his time usually drinking around or trying to seduce the young woman who just humored him. Even though the man always smelt like alcohol, he had a reputation for being witty and polite.

"Perfect, that should take care of that problem."

Fenic Creed

• Bless
"Excellent idea, Fenic...Hector, can you make sure that Grayson is the inspector for the fight?"

"Grayson is a drunk."

"Yeah, one of the good ones. Everyone likes him, so no one will be complaining."

Hector had to reluctantly agree with that. Grayson had been an old pirate captain that got out before life got to him. It was rare in the profession. He now spent all of his time usually drinking around or trying to seduce the young woman who just humored him. Even though the man always smelt like alcohol, he had a reputation for being witty and polite.

"Perfect, that should take care of that problem."
Fenic relaxed a little. She didn't like being accused of cheating, even when she served other masters. She never cheated... Well, that wasn't true... On occasion her masters had asked her to cheat and she obviously had no choice... But now that she has a choice she especially hated being accused.

She sipped her ale and mentally prepared for the upcoming fight.
"What can you tell me about... Insidious?"

Edward had moved back to nursing his mug of ale. He looked down at her for a second as his brow furrowed in thought.

"I don't know too much. I did not spend much time watching. I remember he was a bigger guy, definitely trying to look at the vibe that his name gave off. Every time I saw him, he had a different beast. I heard he was pretty good though. A bit on the cutthroat side. That is probably what made him so good...Don't hesitate when you fight him."

Insidious might not be as well known as others, but people like that had a way of surviving at all costs. That made potentially made him crazy.

"I think he was the one that had the Bark Bear."

Fenic Creed

Edward had moved back to nursing his mug of ale. He looked down at her for a second as his brow furrowed in thought.

"I don't know too much. I did not spend much time watching. I remember he was a bigger guy, definitely trying to look at the vibe that his name gave off. Every time I saw him, he had a different beast. I heard he was pretty good though. A bit on the cutthroat side. That is probably what made him so good...Don't hesitate when you fight him."

Insidious might not be as well known as others, but people like that had a way of surviving at all costs. That potentially made him crazy.

"I think he was the one that had the Bark Bear."
She nodded as she listened.
"Cutthroat... How does he fight? Does he favor agility or brute force?"

Cutthroat and brutal she knew how to handle. Aggressive or reserved, she would win. But she wanted to know as much as possible to avoid damaging Apocolisk unnecessarily.
She could just go into the ring blind like her opponent and she'd probably come out alright... But Fenic was getting nervous and wanted some idea of what she was dealing with.

"Cutthroat... How does he fight? Does he favor agility or brute force?"
"Oh, I'm not really good with reading that type of stuff...When he had the bear he was using brute force, but that was a bear, so who knows."

Edward had never been the best fighter. His idea of strategy was stabbing someone in the back after he had thrown sand in their face.

"I would just assume they fight to the strengths of the animals...isn't that what everyone does?"

Fenic Creed

"Oh, I'm not really good with reading that type of stuff...When he had the bear he was using brute force, but that was a bear, so who knows."

Edward had never been the best fighter. His idea of strategy was stabbing someone in the back after he had thrown sand in their face.

"I would just assume they fight to the strengths of the animals...isn't that what everyone does?"
Fenic shrugged.
"Sometimes. Some fighters favor a certain kind of beast that plays into their own skill set. My friend is balanced, strong and agile, but he has sharp claws and teeth, so I'll rarely use brute force..."
She was thoughtful for a beat.
"If Insidious uses many different beasts, he must be either highly adaptable or highly compatible with each one... Unless all of his beasts are roughly the same with only small variations... The strain on your mind from switching between a beast with multiple eye, multiple limbs and a tail to a beast with four legs two eyes and no tail would shock your system... Irreparably."

She switched her question.
"Does he win a lot? Is that why he can afford so many beasts? How does he win his fights?"

Edward tried to recollect the few fights he had seen, but he had been drunk at almost all of those events. He finished off the rest of his drink before trying to explain.

"I've heard he wins a lot, but I'm not sure how he gets the beasts. Most of the people he is fighting around here aren't amazing or anything, but he wins enough to be known around Teth."

By now, the crowd was beginning to gather around the pit as they waited expectantly for the first fights to start. The first two contestants were already inside the pit. Fen would be up next, so they had a few moments, give or take. Ed guided her over to the pit before continuing.

"I'm not sure about strain or anything, but I heard he was a weird guy even before he started winning in the pits."

Suddenly the crowd erupted into cheers and boos as fight night had begun.

Fenic Creed

• Nervous
Edward tried to recollect the few fights he had seen, but he had been drunk at almost all of those events. He finished off the rest of his drink before trying to explain.

"I've heard he wins a lot, but I'm not sure how he gets the beasts. Most of the people he is fighting around here aren't amazing or anything, but he wins enough to be known around Teth."

By now, the crowd was beginning to gather around the pit as they waited expectantly for the first fights to start. The first two contestants were already inside the pit. Fen would be up next, so they had a few moments, give or take. Ed guided her over to the pit before continuing.

"I'm not sure about strain or anything, but I heard he was a weird guy even before he started winning in the pits."

Suddenly the crowd erupted into cheers and boos as fight night had begun.
She guessed she wouldn't get any more detailed information... That was fine, and the ale calmed her nerves a bit.

She obediently followed Edward to the fighting pit.
It was pretty big for the size of the tavern, it was enough room for Apocolisk to move around at least, so she won't be destroying any property or damaging the walls or ceiling.

She watched as the opening fight began.
Most beast fights had a designated spot for the controllers, because taking control of a beast meant relinquishing control of your own body, so her body would be unconscious.
Even if there wasn't a spot she'd be fine, Edward would keep her safe. Always has.

As they neared the fighting, Edward noticed a few people shooting them a glance. They were all probably wondering why a small girl like Fenic was here, and wondering if they could take advantage of her in any way. Ed made sure to lock eyes with each of them and offer them a confident smile.

Edward was not a scary person, and he knew that. However, confidence could be as equally deterring as fear.

He moved them off to the side as the large roars and sounds of battle made it clear that the fighting had started. It looked like the battle involved some sort of lizard/horse/ hybrid against what could only be described as a large monkey with the horn of a rhino on its forehead.

The fight came to an end almost as suddenly as it began. The monkey won, but funnily enough, not by the use of the horn. It managed to get behind the horse lizard and snap its neck with its large arms.

A large cheer went up from the crowd as Edward spotted the signal for them to move to their spots.

"Alright, Fen, it's your turn. Let's make a good show."

Fenic Creed

• Smug
As they neared the fighting, Edward noticed a few people shooting them a glance. They were all probably wondering why a small girl like Fenic was here, and wondering if they could take advantage of her in any way. Ed made sure to lock eyes with each of them and offer them a confident smile.

Edward was not a scary person, and he knew that. However, confidence could be as equally deterring as fear.

He moved them off to the side as the large roars and sounds of battle made it clear that the fighting had started. It looked like the battle involved some sort of lizard/horse/ hybrid against what could only be described as a large monkey with the horn of a rhino on its forehead.

The fight came to an end almost as suddenly as it began. The monkey won, but funnily enough, not by the use of the horn. It managed to get behind the horse lizard and snap its neck with its large arms.

A large cheer went up from the crowd as Edward spotted the signal for them to move to their spots.

"Alright, Fen, it's your turn. Let's make a good show."
Fenic moved in place and examined the ring, hoping to see her opponent before she went under.
Apocolisk was in position, his cage ready and open for him to make his entrance, but they were playing the waiting game... Apocolisk won't appear till the last moment.

She stayed close to Edward. It was so easy for a fighter to be kidnapped while unconscious, because they are completely disconnected from their normal senses when inside the body of the beast.
Previous masters had bodyguards to keep her safe, or kept her close and hidden while someone else pretended to be the controller.
She had to fully rely on Edward, and she did so, she had no other choice.

Edward stood firmly next to Fenic trying his best to keep his eye out on their surroundings. His gaze was drawn to the arrival of Fenic's opponent.

The large man known as Insidious was a bald individual with a decent amount of muscle and dark tan skin. He had more tattoos covering his body than plain skin. When he showed his face, he made sure to play to the crowd as he raised his hands out wide and received a cheer in return.

The man would have been difficult to fight in a normal fight, but this would be interesting. A hush fell on the crowd as the man's beast stepped into the ring.

A large lizard-like beast with blue and purple scales came lumbering out of the cages. It would have been a tough fight with just that, but this creature seemed to have spines protruding all across its back and tail, making for deadly weapons against any foe. Edward overheard someone asking where Insidious had managed to get a Royal Basilisk.

1658192877149.png

"Uh, you still have this right?"

Fenic Creed

• Devil
Maliyah had been following the exploits of Captain Edward Lorain for quite sometime. She had been too chicken to approach him about joining his crew though. She had, instead, applied some light espionage and stalking to her repertoire to learn more about the man that she wanted to work for. Sure, his crew was sparse (from what she could tell) and he could use the help but it still stood that Maliyah had no experience on a ship or with fighting. Well...that was not true entirely. She had been doing some self defense training with one of her tavern customers who then became a friend. Maliyah had a way of getting what she wanted through coin, persuasion, sweetness, or just her beauty. Perks of being a beautiful woman and all.

Maliyah had worked at The Shipwreck Tavern for the past six months in order to keep an eye on the Captain when he was in Teth. She was not working tonight but she was here to watch the fights. She had heard that he would be here and tonight was the night that she would finally grow some balls and approach him.

Captain Edward, my name is Maliyah and I want to be a pirate.

Yes, that is what she would say. Super smooth and straight to the point. Yeah...that would do.

That resolve worked for a whole five seconds as she walked towards him and the little girl that was his crewmate (from what she could tell). She turned right before she got to him and found a seat to watch the fights instead.

Maliyah continued to curse herself for her cowardice.

Fenic Creed Edward Lorain

Edward stood firmly next to Fenic trying his best to keep his eye out on their surroundings. His gaze was drawn to the arrival of Fenic's opponent.

The large man known as Insidious was a bald individual with a decent amount of muscle and dark tan skin. He had more tattoos covering his body than plain skin. When he showed his face, he made sure to play to the crowd as he raised his hands out wide and received a cheer in return.

The man would have been difficult to fight in a normal fight, but this would be interesting. A hush fell on the crowd as the man's beast stepped into the ring.

A large lizard-like beast with blue and purple scales came lumbering out of the cages. It would have been a tough fight with just that, but this creature seemed to have spines protruding all across its back and tail, making for deadly weapons against any foe. Edward overheard someone asking where Insidious had managed to get a Royal Basilisk.

View attachment 700
Fenic hardly noticed the driver. She spared him a glance but she of all people knew that appearances were deceiving. A big guy, they liked to flaunt their strength.

Her attention was on the beast. Obviously it wasn't a true basilisk, or modified, otherwise people in the crowd would be turning to stone, it was an illegal weapon.
"Uh, you still have this right?"
She nodded wordlessly. It had deadly weapons on its back and tail and a powerful bite. But it was permanently horizontal and quadrupedal, it used it's tail as much for balance as it did for combat.
it had blind spots everywhere that it's spines supposedly protected, and the fact it was trapped on four legs meant it sacrificed a lot of agility.

Fenic had this in the bag.

She looked around at the crowd, waiting till the beast was done playing to crowd and the cheers died down in expectation of his opponent that was certainly taking its time.
She could hear people still talking and placing bets, some now suspecting that they might win on the basilisk if the opponent doesn't even show up.

Once she heard that bets were closing she tapped Edward.
"I'm going in."

She spoke a brief incantation and her head slumped to her chest where her beast mark now glowed.

--------------------------

People waited in anticipation, some were starting to grumble, others gave little boos at the cowardice they suspected.

But everyone was silenced when they heard a reverberating rumble under the arena that vibrated the floorboards... Like a chair being dragged choppily across a polished floor... But lower and more gutteral.
R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r...

Next they heard was a long exhaling hiss as if a massive amount of air was taken in and then expelled at high pressure.
Again they heard the rumble, but it was closer this time and a few glasses rattled and fell off tables from the vibration.

The smooth bullet shaped head appeared out of the darkness, accompanied by the powerful hiss of air that blew a cloud of arena sand up in front of it.
A massive neck and shoulders appeared next, a massive muscled arm impacted in the sand as Apocolisk finally stepped foot into the arena.

A cheer rose up from the crowd that bet on the underdog, and another cheer arose from those who recognized the iconic beast that was known in the beast fighting world as Apocolisk, and a glass shattering roar erupted from the cavernous fanged mouth of Apocolisk as he lifted his mighty head to the ceiling and belted out his primal challenge!

Apocolisk fully stepped out of the cramped entrance and stood on all fours, two massive hind legs that were dwarfed by two massive three clawed arms on the front of the beast.
A smaller pair of arms unfolded from his chest and flexed their long razor sharp claws.
Apocolisk was similarly spined to Insidious, two massive spikes rose from his shoulders and elbows, and his long tail sported it's own array of natural weaponry.

Apocolisk crouched in preparation, like a massive cat coiling to pounce.
And when the bell rang to start the fight, Apocolisk pounced in a mighty leap, clearing the length of the arena in a single bound.

The build-up of anticipation had the desired effect that Edward was aiming for. While Insidious might be famous here, Fenic and the big guy were famous all over. The cheers they received easily overshadowed their opponent's.

He was also happy to notice that the number of people looking distraught for having a bet on Insidious far outweighed those cheering that had voted for Fen. This would bring in some good money.

Edward gently placed his hand on Fenic's shoulder as she entered her trance. He would keep the hand there for the remainder of the fight to ensure that he always had her right next to him.

While he wanted to focus on the fight, Edward would focus on protecting Fenic. The moral rightness of the crowd was roughly at a negative ten, given Ed's own estimations. He would want to keep this fight as fair as possible. If it was fair then they could easily win.

Insidious entered his own chant, and he had his own bodyguards protecting him. As soon as the fight started, the Royal Basilisk leaped forward to meet Apocolisk. It was clear that the strategy was rather simple, aiming to impale the creature on its hard spikes.

Maliyah Molinari Fenic Creed

• Bless
Maliyah had never seen Apocolisk in real life but she had heard about the exploits of the monster. She found herself leaning forward with her elbows resting on her knees as she focused on the fight.

Her attention was taken away from Edward and the tiny girl who controlled Apocolisk for now. She would return to them after the fight and hopefully once her pockets were a little more full.

Because Maliyah had placed a rather large bet on Fenic. It was really all the money she had made in the last few months because she was hoping it would help Edward see her as useful after she informed him that she was not pirate.

Fenic Creed Edward Lorain

• Bless