Suggestion Deleting Your Own Posts.

Hey guys! It's your lovely protagonist here. Sooo I've come to realize that you cannot delete any of your own posts.
It's already been a major hassle on my end to deal with and I would love it if this bug were fixed.
I know it could help out a lot of newcomer's in the end result. Got this idea from a role-playing forum I used to be a part of couple years back.
If this change isn't actually do-able then I'm sorry for misinforming you. I don't know much about website coding and designing but hopefully this is possible.

There should be an allowable way for users to delete their own posts while at same time prevent other people from deleting their post.
It's a win-win for everyone.

Staff should come together as a team and really consider it. That's all I'm saying.

• Love
Reactions: GanuCandali
There is a self-delete window for posts, in case you mistakenly post with the wrong account. The option to do so is at the bottom of the post next to the EDIT button:
proxy.php

Is there a case where you're unable to do this? Lucifer Seripoth

• Love
Since this is a Wiki page, there are a couple options:

If the Wiki page made needs to be moved to a different area:
At the Wiki page, click the "Options" dropdown menu and select "Move to another area"
proxy.php

In the next page, select the area you wish to move the page to via the dropdown. Then click "Move".

If the Wiki page made is to be deleted:
At the Wiki page, click the "Options" dropdown menu and select "Report this page."

Just give a reason for the report, such as "Sandbox page that can be deleted" and a Moderator will complete the action.

We can look into enabling a Delete button for Wiki content, but two immediate reasons on why we wouldn't:
  • We'd have to ensure any Delete button for Wiki content doesn't allow users to permanently delete content, and thus prevent accidental or malicious permanent deletion of a Wiki page.
  • We've so far operated Wiki content as being community content. Once posted, it's there and for all to use and contribute to. Because of that, we haven't seen a driver to allowing the deletion of Wiki pages. At most, we'd only wish to delete malicious pages. Most Wiki's have this same policy.

Do any of the above options resolve your issue? Lucifer Seripoth

• Love
I guess that works haha. Thanks for acknowledging my concerns.

Also! I have another suggestion. Profile Levels. Why don't we have those? Again, last forum had it.
Each individual post would give the user's EXP points. How many per post would be up to staff of course.
Maybe 1-20 levels? That would be EPIC. Gives users something to try to accomplish - getting to the highest level. What you think?

• Love
I guess that works haha. Thanks for acknowledging my concerns.

Also! I have another suggestion. Profile Levels. Why don't we have those? Again, last forum had it.
Each individual post would give the user's EXP points. How many per post would be up to staff of course.
Maybe 1-20 levels? That would be EPIC. Gives users something to try to accomplish - getting to the highest level. What you think?

We have little trophies for a variety of things. You'll see you have one already for setting an avatar.

We don't have direct post count to rewards though, we'd prefer people were more focused on their stories and plots than raw post count and post spam.

• Love
This wouldn't take anyone's focus away from doing role play post's though. It only rewards them for participating in it.

As for the spam thing, spam post's didn't count for anything on the forum I came from. It's not about each individual role play reply either. It's about the role play threads. If someone makes a role play thread whether it's by themselves or with a group of members. They should be rewarded for that. The staff on the other forum would say "Confirmed. Given 100 EXP." or something like that for each RP thread that was completed per user. If two or more user's were a part of that thread. They'd get the EXP points as well.

That's part of making the community grow and improve. Levels would give people honor and credibility. It's only a good thing. Trophies are nice to have, sure. But I know for myself, if I saw I was only level 1. I'd be disappointed in myself and want to role play more just to get it higher. That's influence to get people involved in more role playing. One more reason to role play and not just hang around.

That brings me to my next point, Quests should be a thing. But that's a whole other story in it's self. I do plan to talk about that later.. Anyways.

People who spam posts are going to get banned either way, most likely. They won't get anything out of it. I'm not talking about an automatic leveling up system. This would be staff/administrators controlling it themselves. You guys choose what get's rewarded and doesn't. Simple OOC stuff of course wouldn't get rewards. Complete RP thread's would. How much EXP points per thread is also up to you guys.

• Love
I'm sorry, but experience points/tiers and titles are not something we'll be implementing soon. I appreciate the enthusiasm!

It's on the list with "location based subforums" of things we won't be implementing I'm afraid.

Oh whale, that's a shame. I tried. Haha. What about the Quests thing I mentioned? Staff-made Quests for users to come together and enjoy a fun-filled adventure.

Oh we do a variety of scales of those. Smaller ones we just kick off as public threads. Medium ones are things like Loot Runners (there will be another soon). Major events happen once a quarter.

Lucifer Seripoth

I also came from a site that implemented an experience system and even had in-forum item shops to equip your character. Honestly, I prefer not having those systems and I can explain why.

Chronicles focuses far more on storytelling than numbers, and it offers its writers much more freedom than many other RP sites. If you want to play a powerful character, you can simply make one, there is no need to wrack up points before getting to a level you want to write. Likewise, if you want your character to have a specific piece of gear, you can make that.

Does this rely more on people self-checking themselves? Yes. Is there a higher chance of god-moding or overpowered characters? Yes. However, I have rarely ever encountered that on this site, and I think the general RP rules (and the rules of magic) do a good job of preventing that. Most people understand that conflict drives stories, and being able to instantly solve any problem is no fun. Likewise, overpowered characters that aren't fun to write with are less likely to find RP partners.

Just my two cents on it. Hope you're enjoying Chronicles so far!