LFG 1x1 Conspirators #2

Elliot Aldmar

Free
Character Biography
Link
Going for round two, and building off the first go around, which took place here: The Dancing Flame

Here's the quick rundown: Elliot got contracted for a shady mission in Oban by "the benefactor," a noble with covert criminal dealings type character. Circumstances changed. Now Elliot, wanting to protect the assets he got from the benefactor for said mission, is going to betray him.

Here's how your character could be involved: I haven't really defined much about the benefactor, so its very possible to mold him into someone your character has had a run-in with or dealings with. Or maybe your character is investigating him. Or maybe your character is working for someone else on the underground, shady scene who wants the benefactor out of some larger picture.

And here's the premise I'm thinking of: Elliot and Your Character are both arriving on the benefactor's luxury ship, anchored just off the coast in the Allirian Strait and near Oban, for supposed business. And then the betrayal of the benefactor happens, and shit hits the fan.

All early stage ideas. Hit me up in Discord or reply here, and let's get conspiring.

I could see Zilvra having some beef with a rival crime lord and coming to some sort of mutual arrangement to get him out of the way... Or her, if Nysia turns out to be the benefactor. :)

• Yay
Reactions: Elliot Aldmar
Can I be the benefactor?

Now that is spicy. Wasn't expecting that, and I am pleasantly surprised :D. Just need to come up with why Nysia wanted Srivani captured (as stated in "Dancing Flame", Elliot surmised that it was to ransom her back to the King of Oban, but he could well be wrong). We get that little detail squared and we're pretty set. Nysia

Oooh, a fellow dark elf. Zilvra would be a good fit, already with a foot into some shady dealings. We can brainstorm on the basic whys of her motivation and how they meet, her and Elliot. Zilvra

Elliot has been in and out of various mercenary companies, so its entirely possible that he and Siegewright might have some level of acquaintance (friendly or not so friendly :cool:). Or maybe Siege is turning in his own mission at the same time as Elliot. Or it might just be that Siege is brought on into the plan as a "surprise" heavy-hitter, ace-up-the-sleeve, something like that. Since Siege has an aversion to water, should be interesting since I'm leaning on this taking place on the benefactor's luxury ship. Siegewright

Let's keep churning ideas around.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zilvra
Now that is spicy. Wasn't expecting that, and I am pleasantly surprised :D. Just need to come up with why Nysia wanted Srivani captured (as stated in "Dancing Flame", Elliot surmised that it was to ransom her back to the King of Oban, but he could well be wrong). We get that little detail squared and we're pretty set. @Nysia
I have set up Lamia(Nysia's species) to be sort of like Mind Flayers. They conduct experiments, pick people apart, study things they find interesting. Nysia herself

It wouldn't be a stretch to say she wanted Sirvani just to study her.

Last edited:
(Siegewright) Cool, we can fling around some names for the particular merc company they served in. And for how they got acquainted, maybe Elliot witnessed Siegewright doing something of astounding note while on a mission, maybe there was some kind of incident (funny or serious), or maybe it's as simple as they sat down and got to talking on a calm night or over drinks/cards.

(Nysia) Yup, that's a perfectly suitable reason right there :cool:.

(Srivani and Nysia) Ooohh, even more unexpected. As far as Srivani went, since "Dancing Flame" ground to a halt, I just defaulted to mission failure for Elliot in my head. I certainly couldn't unilaterally say that he captured your character, lol. If you're up for joining, there's two things we should work out:

1) The manner in which Elliot got Srivani out. Could be: (a) straight up solo capture, or (b) deceiving her into thinking he was there to help her before luring her to a "predetermined ambush" to take her, or (c) it might just be that--after speaking with her--Elliot is stirred into securing her freedom (freedom, in general and for all, being his highest value) and legitimately aids in her escape from Oban.

2) Elliot's motivation. Betraying the benefactor was predicated on his mission being a failure, but there are ways around that. The easiest way is using option (c) above, since if Elliot is interested in securing Srivani's freedom, that's reason alone to strike at the benefactor. Though it could just as well be that, in the case of (a) or (b) with Elliot being not particularly concerned with Srivani's welfare, he simply wants to ensure the benefactor doesn't ruin the assets (his cover identity of Darreth) provided to him.

That's what I got for now.

• Yay
Oooh, a fellow dark elf. Zilvra would be a good fit, already with a foot into some shady dealings. We can brainstorm on the basic whys of her motivation and how they meet, her and Elliot. @Zilvra

Would Elliot have ever made it as far as Allira? As that's where Zilvra is based. If not, she could meet Elliot on the way to wherever he's heading and discover that they have similar goals.

As for her motivation, I guess that's something I'd need to work out with Nysia. If she were some sort of crime lord, it'd be easier as it could be some kind of territory/property dispute... But, with her scientific tendencies, it's possible that Nysia kidnapped on of Zilvra's "girls" for her little experiments. I have a character who could actually be kidnapped and rescued. Or, if the girl would be dead by now, we could just say that Zilvra wants revenge/payment for her losses.

• Yay
2) Elliot's motivation. Betraying the benefactor was predicated on his mission being a failure, but there are ways around that. The easiest way is using option (c) above, since if Elliot is interested in securing Srivani's freedom, that's reason alone to strike at the benefactor. Though it could just as well be that, in the case of (a) or (b) with Elliot being not particularly concerned with Srivani's welfare, he simply wants to ensure the benefactor doesn't ruin the assets (his cover identity of Darreth) provided to him.

That's what I got for now.

Not really my business... But you could always be heading back to "the benefactor" with the intention of simply delivering Srivani to her, and Srivani could gradually change your mind along the way, since Nysia's probably going to kill her horribly and all. :p

• Yay
I'm down to play around with whatever.

Nysia knows lots of Drow too, so maybe we can work that in somehow.

Yeah, I read that about Nar'Vhen in Nysia's profile. The idea that Elliot's father (his dark elf parent) might have been connected to Nar'Vhen/Nysia crossed my mind--I'd have to work out the details.

Would Elliot have ever made it as far as Allira? As that's where Zilvra is based. If not, she could meet Elliot on the way to wherever he's heading and discover that they have similar goals.

As it so happens, Elliot's first thread was literally called "Alliria," :p. So yeah, he's been through there on many occasions--not a stretch to say that he and Zilvra may have had a run-in before, or that one may have heard of the other.

Not really my business... But you could always be heading back to "the benefactor" with the intention of simply delivering Srivani to her, and Srivani could gradually change your mind along the way, since Nysia's probably going to kill her horribly and all. :p

Srivani That's a possibility too. The "Nysia killing her horribly" part wouldn't bother Elliot, but an appeal to his value of freedom could well sway him. Doing it this way would allow for it to happen in actual RP (though would take longer), instead of having it be backstory (which would speed us along to the central premise and conflict).

• Cheer
We can totally work something like that out, an old connection and maybe thats why Nysia offered Elliot the contract?

Could be games within games just for fun :)

For context, Elliot's father is an abjectly weak and servile man, the kind of guy who would have easily went to max voltage if he was in the Milgram experiment, or would have found himself sniveling while on trial at Nuremberg. And Elliot fucking hates him, so those are two things for consideration. His father's history is that he lived in Zar'Ahal for a long while before migrating eventually to Dornoch, but it could be that between those two he had something to do at Nar'Vhen. Some job/living fit for an overly obsequious man for sure, lol.

Nysia

• Thoughtful
For context, Elliot's father is an abjectly weak and servile man, the kind of guy who would have easily went to max voltage if he was in the Milgram experiment, or would have found himself sniveling while on trial at Nuremberg. And Elliot fucking hates him, so those are two things for consideration. His father's history is that he lived in Zar'Ahal for a long while before migrating eventually to Dornoch, but it could be that between those two he had something to do at Nar'Vhen. Some job/living fit for an overly obsequious man for sure, lol.

Nysia
Tbh that's probably exactly what Nysia believes all Drow should be like.

In that case perhaps Elliot's father did some task for Nysia a long time ago which we don't necessarily have to spell out. Maybe she used him to lure other Drow into the fortress(promising him power or something of the like) for her to pick apart. Elliot can be completely unaware of the connection, and Nysia just somehow figured it out and decided to contract him because it was funny to her?

Tbh that's probably exactly what Nysia believes all Drow should be like.

In that case perhaps Elliot's father did some task for Nysia a long time ago which we don't necessarily have to spell out. Maybe she used him to lure other Drow into the fortress(promising him power or something of the like) for her to pick apart. Elliot can be completely unaware of the connection, and Nysia just somehow figured it out and decided to contract him because it was funny to her?

Three words.

I love it.

• Haha
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Zilvra and Nysia
(Siegewright) Cool, we can fling around some names for the particular merc company they served in. And for how they got acquainted, maybe Elliot witnessed Siegewright doing something of astounding note while on a mission, maybe there was some kind of incident (funny or serious), or maybe it's as simple as they sat down and got to talking on a calm night or over drinks/cards.
I was told by Siegewright's previous owner that his Mercenary Group was the Thronebreakers, so perhaps we can use that? I'm completely open to how they've met, although Siegewright is pretty reserved so striking up conversation isn't really his forte haha

I was told by Siegewright's previous owner that his Mercenary Group was the Thronebreakers, so perhaps we can use that? I'm completely open to how they've met, although Siegewright is pretty reserved so striking up conversation isn't really his forte haha

The Thronebreakers work for their old company.

As far as how they've becoming acquainted, since Siegewright isn't a big talker, I'm leaning on Siege doing something of particular daring or skill or some such during one of their missions, and Elliot taking notice of that. Maybe he got left behind in a battle, everyone thought him dead, but he came back to the company hours/days later saying something like "I took care of it," or maybe he battered down some barricaded door by his lonesome to grab a VIP, or maybe he saved Elliot's from some kind of trap--just some possible examples I thought up.

Siegewright

Awesome! Nysia, still need to get a solid plan on why exactly Zilvra has beef with you. Did my idea before sound okay, or do you have any other ideas in mind?

I think kidnapping random people(one of Zilvra's folk) is prob the best bet. Nysia is generally indiscriminate about who she takes because she needs souls to do what she does.

• Yay

And the thread's up. Make your way in however's fitting for your characters and the setup.

• Cheer