Private Tales Cat and Dog

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The girl was weak to being petted. He already knew that but confirmed it yet again. It was something he did because he did not want her arguing with him but also because he wanted her in a good mood. Made things easier when she was in a good mood. Less of that wiggling she so enjoyed doing. Literally and metaphorically.

Acteon scratched her behind the ear for a bit then stopped. She likely could not focus if he was doing that. He gave her a moment to recollect herself and then pointed to the first map.

"We are here. This is where we are going. Valeford Castle is the capital of the region. While we do not want to go into the castle or the town around it, there is an old fort with a small town not far away. The former Lord's heir is hiding out in the fort with the loyalists." Acteon said as he pointed out each location between the two maps.

"I know this because of the rumors. Supplies in line with armed forces are becoming a popular commodity in the town near the fort. Gold is a little hard to come by right now after everything, yet someone has enough to buy the extra axes and bows people do not need. People are hungry so they are not questioning it. The local Lord is distracted with other projects and is not as well versed as he pretends to be. He does not realize following the logistics of trade will lead him to his potential rebels. What happens when you rely too heavily on outside aid."

Acteon began to scratch the girl behind her ear yet again.

"Have your guards check the area and I am sure they will see signs of a force preparing for war there. We can figure out how we will approach this heir and go for a walk around town in the mean time. Take in the sights. Have some naughty fun outside in a thick grove of trees. Learn how the people are truly feeling about things."

Ōjo Akane

"We are here. This is where we are going. Valeford Castle is the capital of the region. While we do not want to go into the castle or the town around it, there is an old fort with a small town not far away. The former Lord's heir is hiding out in the fort with the loyalists." Acteon said as he pointed out each location between the two maps.

"I know this because of the rumors. Supplies in line with armed forces are becoming a popular commodity in the town near the fort. Gold is a little hard to come by right now after everything, yet someone has enough to buy the extra axes and bows people do not need. People are hungry so they are not questioning it. The local Lord is distracted with other projects and is not as well versed as he pretends to be. He does not realize following the logistics of trade will lead him to his potential rebels. What happens when you rely too heavily on outside aid."

She listened closely after recovering from the scratches behind her ear. She really needed to find a way to counteract this. But she was busy with planning so she forgot about it. She nodded her understanding and she began to think, a potential ally, someone who’d owe them at least gratitude for helping him reclaim his throne could be an easy way to gain an ally, and possibly even get a family member should political marriage be possible. As of right then she was not going to marry anyone for obvious reasons, but any one of her sisters would do very well.

So they knew where to find him, and she had professionals with her that could provide professional training and lower leadership as captains or other such officers. Not only that but they’d be indispensable in the actual fight.

Acteon began to scratch the girl behind her ear yet again.

"Have your guards check the area and I am sure they will see signs of a force preparing for war there. We can figure out how we will approach this heir and go for a walk around town in the mean time. Take in the sights. Have some naughty fun outside in a thick grove of trees. Learn how the people are truly feeling about things."

He scratched her ear again, and she purred again.

“That sounds lovely. They know how to do these types of things, and they’d do it well.” She purred, “and we can go get the opinions of the rest of the populace.”

"Excellent. You should get them on that right after they eat. Food has been paid for." Acteon said as he continued to scratch her behind the ear. After a moment he stopped and said, "You should let them know the plan and let them complain about how you are allowing yourself to be used and abused by a foreigner. How improper and scandalous it all is. Likely mention gutting me when this is all done."

With that he moved away. His mind was already on other things.

The former Lord was dealing with raids and it was causing a food shortage. The current Lord had suggested mercenaries, but the plan was rejected. Wise. You could never trust if companies spending long term in a place might decide they want to take it for themselves. Even if it was not the case they were expensive. Mercenaries were best as short term solutions to get through a rough battle rather than try to win you the war.

Further his thoughts turned to how the current situation had come to be. How the current Lord turned to his plan while fanning the flames of fear. He usurped the throne and beheaded the former Lord. His heir was away seeking aid and allies. Perhaps that was where this coin was coming from.

Ōjo Akane

"Excellent. You should get them on that right after they eat. Food has been paid for." Acteon said as he continued to scratch her behind the ear. After a moment he stopped and said, "You should let them know the plan and let them complain about how you are allowing yourself to be used and abused by a foreigner. How improper and scandalous it all is. Likely mention gutting me when this is all done."

“They probably won’t complain too much, if at all. Probably just make sure that anything they do discredits you or makes you look foolish or proud. Not dishonest about it, but not exactly nice either.” She explained through her purring. “And while it may be scandalous, it can be handled.”

Then he stopped scratching her ear, and her purring slowly subsided, then her mind cleared. And she began to think. Ways she could turn this to her advantage and ways she could use this to further her own ends in the future, mostly politically and diplomatically speaking.

A lord in the pocket was a good thing to have.

The Allirian was thinking over the situation for half an hour. The girl had yet to leave to order her men in this time. But it did not matter. She would do it eventually. For now his focus was still on going over potential outcomes. An heir to a disposed Lord could be difficult to deal with. Most felt their position still held despite not being in a place to ply their authority in any way. They also tended to be insecure and so fixated on their "rights" even more. A few rare ones who understood their actual situation tended to be competent rulers when they did reclaim their position.

All of his thinking came to an end when a knock on the door and an announcement told him the food was here. He got up and took it from the worker. A couple of coins were slipped into the worker's hand before the door was shut.

It was simple peasant bread and a turnip soup with lots of greens, carrots, and onion with a bit of wild boar meat mixed in. He took a smell and was satisfied. Nothing fancy but definitely be easy to eat it with some satisfaction.

"Hungry kitten?" Acteon said as he got their places set up at the little table in their room. "I ordered us the expensive meal. Your men have the regular one. Same soup and bread but no meat. Meat is a luxury around here right now."

Ōjo Akane

• Sip
Reactions: Ōjo Akane
"Hungry kitten?" Acteon said as he got their places set up at the little table in their room. "I ordered us the expensive meal. Your men have the regular one. Same soup and bread but no meat. Meat is a luxury around here right now."

She looked up and said. "Well, I suppose I could stand to eat."

She sat down at the table, clearly not used to sitting in chairs to eat. But she wasn't uncomfortable and she'd show him exactly how easterners dined, by withdrawing from her belt two short, narrow but clean sticks and used them to eat the food provided. Once she was done with it she put her now empty bowl back on the trey and said, "I'll go inform the samurai on what we need them to do. You may not like them too much Acteon, but you should be a little less hard on them. They aren't your enemies. Anyway, they'll get it done."

So she left the room, and knocked on the door to the room her samurai stayed in. And relayed the instructions to them, while informing them that she and Acteon would look for options in the area for either bringing some loyalists to the fight or ways to hide small forces in the village.

They were swift to leave, but only five of the six did, the sixth remaining behind to ensure that she remained safe. The most senior of the samurai, even her superior as far as command went, and by far the best fighter in the group. He would remain behind, and keep them company. Not even Akane's requests could dissuade him.

Acteon ate his soup like any normal person would by soaking his bread in broth until there was no bread left. Then he just used his soup to eat up what was left in the bowl. But the girl was eating with chopsticks. Not the first time he had seen them used, as some of the people to the East of the Spine used them, but it was weird that she was using them with a soup. Quicker and easier to just use her spoon. A quirk no doubt of her culture.

Once they were done the girl took off to go speak with her men. He took the time to get their used dishes together and left outside their door so the help could take care of it when they came by. No need for them to knock or enter the room for it.

He was sitting in the chair looking over his maps again when she returned.

"You have a choice kitten. We can stay here and have a little fun first or we can head straight away into town." Acteon said as he was rolling up his maps and carefully putting them away.

Ōjo Akane

"You have a choice kitten. We can stay here and have a little fun first or we can head straight away into town." Acteon said as he was rolling up his maps and carefully putting them away.

She looked nervously at him. “I think it best if we save our fun for later.”

The reason for this being obvious, as the samurai that stood behind her made no effort to hide his presence. It would be apparent that he was different from the rest, first off he was slightly bigger than any of the Keiji there. And he had more tails than any of them. He didn’t attempt to threaten him like the others had, he simply let him know that her safety was his only priority.

“We should go on into the town.”

The nervous look did not go unnoticed. Seemed the girl was worried about her appearance in front of the obvious leader of her guards. This got a bit of a raised brow from him. So far she had been very willing to throw herself into their collective whims but now was being somewhat serious. Perhaps something he could find a use for later on, although unlikely.

"That is the first time you have wanted to wait. A shame. I personally do not care if there is a witness present or not." Acteon said as he finished storing his things. He stood up and said, "Come kitten. We have many things to do if we wish to bring the burning roof down upon our foolish warlord."

He opened up the door for her and waited with a smile. The only way to lock it was for him to use his key after all so best she left first.

===================

Their trip into town revealed it to be much the way it was when they arrived. A community built around agriculture and a couple of other trades. There would be a noticeable lack of food in stalls however. Not just the vegetables and grains from the farmers but also butchered meat from livestock and game was is short supply. Prices were high because of it and every coin was haggled over extensively at these stalls.

What was different however was that the blacksmith's pile of scrap metal was piled rather high. Weapons, armor, and other more violent tools could be found making up the bulk of it. The number of newer looking pieces was rather common. The smith was arguing with a local about the purchase of his brigandine. The smith did not want it and made the price he would pay reflect that. The local got mad but took the deal. Both parties ultimately were unhappy by the successful transaction.

"It would seem we have our first bit of luck. Would you like to approach the farmers' stalls or the smith?" Acteon said as he looked over at the girl.

Ōjo Akane

"That is the first time you have wanted to wait. A shame. I personally do not care if there is a witness present or not."

She gulped, "well, you certainly don't want this witness in the room."

He stood up and said, "Come kitten. We have many things to do if we wish to bring the burning roof down upon our foolish warlord."

He opened up the door for her and waited with a smile. The only way to lock it was for him to use his key after all so best she left first.

She nodded and followed him out the door, the samurai waited until Acteon was out before following him out the door. Then they were off.

Their trip into town revealed it to be much the way it was when they arrived. A community built around agriculture and a couple of other trades. There would be a noticeable lack of food in stalls however. Not just the vegetables and grains from the farmers but also butchered meat from livestock and game was is short supply. Prices were high because of it and every coin was haggled over extensively at these stalls.

Little food but an apparently plentiful harvest. Raids or taxation most likely, either way, the public would be much easier to sway against the local authorities or at least not fight for them as devotedly. Useful information.

What was different however was that the blacksmith's pile of scrap metal was piled rather high. Weapons, armor, and other more violent tools could be found making up the bulk of it. The number of newer looking pieces was rather common. The smith was arguing with a local about the purchase of his brigandine. The smith did not want it and made the price he would pay reflect that. The local got mad but took the deal. Both parties ultimately were unhappy by the successful transaction.

A removal of weapons from the populace. Not a bad move in peacetime but when you're being raided by bandits regularly, a very poor decision. Something that could be easily used to sway the populace.

"It would seem we have our first bit of luck. Would you like to approach the farmers' stalls or the smith?" Acteon said as he looked over at the girl.

She considered for a moment, then said, "I'll speak with the farmers. They are most likely to have valuable information about the conditions under which these people are living. The blacksmith might have an idea of why they need so many weapons."

"I know why they needed so many weapons and why their food stock is low." Acteon said to Akane. "The region has been under raids of late and so the need for weapons and food has been high. It is hard for food to stay stocked if farmers can not tend their fields and hungry soldiers are not."

The man took a quick look around the food vendors. "People here are use to outsiders, kitten, but try not to attract too much attention. Question the food shortage in the region and the number of armed individuals but try to leave anything about the new lord out of it. As a foreigner passing through you have no reason to know about the transition of power. And with that we should go."

And Acteon did not wait. He immediately headed towards the smith to ask the man his questions.

Ōjo Akane

• Sip
She nodded her understanding and she approached the market stalls. She looked over the produce and decided on a small sack of grain. "How much for this?"

"Twenty Piece."

She gave him a look of false surprise. "Twenty?"

"Twenty."

"Why so costly?"

"Look lady, it's common supply and demand, there's very little food left with the same number of mouths to feed."

"But the harvest looks to have been good, why is the supply low? Has something happened?"

"Lady, I get you aren't from here, so I'll give you an overview. There's been a recent change of management and not everyone was happy about it, they went to be bandits and their stealing our food."

"Alright. Nevermind then, I don't need to take even more grain from you." She said to him.

The girl left to go speak with the farmers so Acteon left to approach the smith. He smiled and got a conversation going about the price of things knowing full well how cheap it would all be right now. That was not the point. The point was in gauging the smith's reaction to it all, and his attitude was no different now than it had been with the previous customer, so Acteon saw no reason to push his luck. A riled up craftsman with hammers in hand was not worth accidentally pushing into violence.

So their conversation wrapped up quickly with him buying a few daggers. Never could be short on those. Between their endless utility and being able to throw them to catch people off guard they had plenty of uses. The girl was still with the farmers so he decided to wander off back to the leatherworker and see if that special order was finished or at least begun.

====================

The grain merchant sighed when the strange foreign woman stood down. "Fine. Fifteen. Can't go lower. Eat it myself before going any lower."

A local woman overheard the price and rushed over. "I'll take it for fifteen."

"That is her price. Your price is still twenty."

The woman sneered. "Oh and why does she get it for fifteen while I have to pay twenty?" She looked Akane up and down very judgingly. "Is it because she is younger than me and unmarried?"

"No but she is younger and prettier than you." The grain merchant snapped back causing the woman to gasp. "I saw you lingering around stalls last week buying up everything for too cheap of prices only to turn around and sell them for twice what you paid of more the next day. Not going to let you rip anyone else off."

"Raiders take you and your vile tongue you bastard!" The woman said as she walked off in a huff.

"Goblins take you you troll faced bitch!" The grain merchant yelled back. He then turned his attention to Akane. "Sorry about that. Use to be there was a law preventing the food prices from getting out too out of hand because of people like her. But then the new lord took over and got rid of it along with other laws to protect the less rich folk. Wanted to make his vultures of supporters happy."

The merchant sighed. "Sad so many people don't think about that part of him taking over. They just think about those pretty outposts he had finished up. Too bad they are manned by mercenaries draining our pockets of all our gold and eating up all our crops."

"Got a little heated up there. You travelers don't care about local politics. So the sack for fifteen then?"

Ōjo Akane

• Love
The grain merchant sighed when the strange foreign woman stood down. "Fine. Fifteen. Can't go lower. Eat it myself before going any lower."

A local woman overheard the price and rushed over. "I'll take it for fifteen."

"That is her price. Your price is still twenty."

The woman sneered. "Oh and why does she get it for fifteen while I have to pay twenty?" She looked Akane up and down very judgingly. "Is it because she is younger than me and unmarried?"

"No but she is younger and prettier than you." The grain merchant snapped back causing the woman to gasp. "I saw you lingering around stalls last week buying up everything for too cheap of prices only to turn around and sell them for twice what you paid of more the next day. Not going to let you rip anyone else off."

"Raiders take you and your vile tongue you bastard!" The woman said as she walked off in a huff.

"Goblins take you you troll faced bitch!" The grain merchant yelled back. He then turned his attention to Akane. "Sorry about that. Use to be there was a law preventing the food prices from getting out too out of hand because of people like her. But then the new lord took over and got rid of it along with other laws to protect the less rich folk. Wanted to make his vultures of supporters happy."

The merchant sighed. "Sad so many people don't think about that part of him taking over. They just think about those pretty outposts he had finished up. Too bad they are manned by mercenaries draining our pockets of all our gold and eating up all our crops."

"Got a little heated up there. You travelers don't care about local politics. So the sack for fifteen then?"

The bickering between the two was enlightening, if a little flattering. Then he explained a bit, also enlightening. Before saying again fifteen for the bag. She shook her head, and handed him twenty. Grain could prove useful, even if it’s only one bag, and the man needed the money. “No, twenty is fine. You need it a lot more than I do.”

So she concluded the deal and went back to the center to wait for her companion.

The Allirian found the cat girl waiting for him in the center of the town market square. She was left waiting for him several minutes as the leatherworker was on the edge of town. Tanneries reeked and no one wanted the smell drifting through their homes and businesses.

As Acteon approached he smiled to the girl and her guardian. "I see someone actually shopped. What did you purchase?" He looked at it more closely and noticed the scent of grains and the little bulges. A smirk crossed his face. "Ah. You certainly do enjoy heavy sacks full of seed."

The man glanced around a bit. Eventually his gaze returned to her. "What did you learn? I did not learn anything I did not already know."

Ōjo Akane

• Smug
As Acteon approached he smiled to the girl and her guardian. "I see someone actually shopped. What did you purchase?" He looked at it more closely and noticed the scent of grains and the little bulges. A smirk crossed his face. "Ah. You certainly do enjoy heavy sacks full of seed."

She rolled her eyes. “Yes well he needed the money, I needed the information, it makes me look legitimate and we can use this to bargain if we need to. How’d it go on your end? Anything of use come up?” This question was soon answered.

The man glanced around a bit. Eventually his gaze returned to her. "What did you learn? I did not learn anything I did not already know."

“I learned a bit. For one, the laws protecting the poor from being cheated and controlling prices were removed by the new lord to appease his elite allies, and most of the commoners are unhappy about it. That and they have outposts manned entirely by mercenaries that cost the local government regular payment and eat a lot of the locals’ food.”

The Allirian ignored the way the girl rolled her eyes. He was sure she was going to do that in response to his comment after all. Partly why he said it. It also kept her never sure what he would say to her and so would make her keep a bit of distance.

What he did pay attention to was what she had to say about the new lord removing some of the price protection laws. Certainly they were unpopular with food merchants and farmers but it kept people fed and kept other prices from going out of control. The removal of them told Acteon a lot about what kind of person this new lord. The man was definitely not a long term planner.

The manning of the outposts with mercenaries also was concerning. As a sellsword the prospect of work was wonderful, but the numbers being hired for long term use was an issue. That required a lot of coin and food for an area that could not hope to provide it. Once again, this new lord was not thinking about the long term effect of what he was doing.

Acteon looked to the girl. "I see.... How about we head back to the inn and wait on the rest of your guards to return? I think I know how we can use this information to our advantage."

Ōjo Akane

• Love
Acteon looked to the girl. "I see.... How about we head back to the inn and wait on the rest of your guards to return? I think I know how we can use this information to our advantage."

“As do I. We can discuss options.” She said as she walked forward, making sure to stay with him while they went back to the inn. The samurai was close behind them.

They arrived at the inn before too long. Her samurai still hadn’t returned yet, so they were alone. She asked the guard with her to watch the door, and he begrudgingly agreed. So they were alone. She sat on the bed in her usual manner. “So what plots have you concocted?”

The Alliria stayed quiet as he thought over the information they had gathered. Much of it was things he already knew or had guessed at being the case already. This was not the first time he had been in a land with a new ruler having forcefully taken throne from a previous rightful ruler. Sadly it was rarer for the one doing so to be more competent than the one they displaced. The whole region would collapse in on itself at the rate it was going....

Acteon had the start of an idea form at that thought. So he followed the line of thinking it brought all the way back to the inn.

Now back in their room alone once again, the human looked over at the girl when she spoke to him. "Rumors and gold spending."

Acteon went over to his pack and pulled out his map of the local region. He walked over to table and laid it out in front of himself. As he measured out some distances using his finger he said, "The locals already seem to be buckling under the financial pressure and resource drains caused by the usurper's reign. All the gold and food is being sent to the mercenaries while the peasants are forced to sell their arms to try and buy food."

A hand went to his chin after a bit and he said to himself, "Should work...." After another moment of silence he continued speaking to the girl. "A few rumors suggesting this likely coincidence is actually intended as a means of controlling the people should push them over from viewing their new lord as a lawful hero to an unjust tyrant. Buying back their arms and spending a little gold to rearm them in the name of their displaced heir should win them over to his cause. Which we could then use to crush his ambitions and gain us our vengeance."

Acteon turned to Akane and looked at her. "What are your thoughts?"

The Allirian did not care what she actually did think. This was the plan he was going to go with for the most part unless something better was suggested. His question was more of testing her and furthering his understanding of how she approached things. She was a diplomat and he wanted to know how easily manipulated of one she was for potential future reference.

Ōjo Akane

• Popcorn
A hand went to his chin after a bit and he said to himself, "Should work...." After another moment of silence he continued speaking to the girl. "A few rumors suggesting this likely coincidence is actually intended as a means of controlling the people should push them over from viewing their new lord as a lawful hero to an unjust tyrant. Buying back their arms and spending a little gold to rearm them in the name of their displaced heir should win them over to his cause. Which we could then use to crush his ambitions and gain us our vengeance."

Acteon turned to Akane and looked at her. "What are your thoughts?"

"It's possible." She said with thought, "Though keep in mind most of these people knew the old lord. Which means they will be a lot harder to convince that his son would be any better. Perhaps we could insert a rumor that the new lord originally worked for the lord's son then betrayed him to make the heir look preferable, while at the same time damaging the new lord's reputation."

She wasn't used to western politics. She was far more adept at eastern politics, and she was a better agent than she was a politician herself. Able to "convince" people of her view, or remove them from the picture if they were a staunch enemy.

But she couldn't very well sleep with everyone in the town, nor could she kill them all, then she'd have no way of securing the lord's return.

The line of thinking from the girl was pleasantly smart. Setting up the new lord as a betrayer during the current crisis in the making of his own creation would likely be accepted. Lie or not, the people would believe what they wanted to believe about the man.

But her words would not change his plan. There was no need to as it was already a part of what he currently planned to do.

Acteon smiled. "An intelligent suggestion, but no need to make up that kind of lie about the usurper. He served the old lord as one of his top officials before betraying him and claiming the old king's good deeds as his own. Or so the rumors I heard go when I was in his castle before. Was not relevant to my mission then, but it certainly is now."

The Allirian began to roll up his map. "Sounds as if we are in agreement on what to do next."

He put the map back up. They finally had a concrete plan and it would thankfully not require much if any time to prepare. Mainly it just required them to open up their coin purses to flash some gold while they open their mouths and flash some silver. There was no point worrying over it more until they were in the thick of things.

So now it was time to move onto another topic for the two of them to discuss.

The Allirian took something out of his bag and walked over to the bed that Akane was sitting on. He laid a collar with a small bell made from leather with twisting rope patterns across it before her. The local leatherworker had been quick. And that was why Acteon was fine parting with the extra coins.

Before she could pick up the collar he said in a serious tone, "Here is your collar kitten. But don't pick it up yet. There is something I need to say first."

He went over and got a chair from the table. The thing was lifted and set down in front of her. Then he sat down. His eyes were level with her own now. A seriousness stronger than what had been in his voice was held in his gaze.

"You said this was your people's way of claiming ownership over a women. I could care less what that means in your homeland. What is important for us is what it means for me and for you. If you put that collar on it means you belong to me. Not as a slave. I personally despise the practice. No, it means you are mine. You will bed no other man and will share my bed whenever the mood strikes either of us without complaint. In return I will take care of you. You will always have a place at my home. If anyone attempts to trouble you then I will personally make sure they stop and pay for their transgressions. I will make sure you do not need to worry about coin while with me. And you are free to do as you please and go where you please."

Acteon paused. It was a form of verbal contract. Both of them would gain something and he was being generous on what she would honestly gain from it. But he was never the kind of man to force things like this on others. It was better if it was their choice. It was better if she chose him of her own free will.

"It is your choice kitten. If you agree to being mine then simply put the collar on. If you do not then lay it on the table. I will respect whatever you choose." Acteon said to her.

Then he slowly got back to his feet and moved the chair back to the table. And then he went and sat down on his own bed giving her time to decide.

Ōjo Akane

• Devil
"You said this was your people's way of claiming ownership over a women. I could care less what that means in your homeland. What is important for us is what it means for me and for you. If you put that collar on it means you belong to me. Not as a slave. I personally despise the practice. No, it means you are mine. You will bed no other man and will share my bed whenever the mood strikes either of us without complaint. In return I will take care of you. You will always have a place at my home. If anyone attempts to trouble you then I will personally make sure they stop and pay for their transgressions. I will make sure you do not need to worry about coin while with me. And you are free to do as you please and go where you please."

Acteon paused. It was a form of verbal contract. Both of them would gain something and he was being generous on what she would honestly gain from it. But he was never the kind of man to force things like this on others. It was better if it was their choice. It was better if she chose him of her own free will.

"It is your choice kitten. If you agree to being mine then simply put the collar on. If you do not then lay it on the table. I will respect whatever you choose." Acteon said to her.

Then he slowly got back to his feet and moved the chair back to the table. And then he went and sat down on his own bed giving her time to decide.

She thought for a moment. Frankly she had a feeling he was exaggerating the amount of freedoms she'd have, but frankly, if she allowed her father to arrange a marriage for her, she'd have even less. To say she wouldn't be treated like a slave was already orders of magnitude better than what would await her in most arranged marriages to lords, especially if she weren't their first. He was probably the best option she had, and to top it off she could politically justify it, saying that the marriage joined their family with an influential western one.

She picked up the collar, and reaching around behind her neck pulled it tight around her throat. Not so tight as to restrict breathing. She smiled at him, "Your offer is far more generous than any I'd get back home. And truth be told, I was yours the moment you took me in the cave. This just makes it official."

• Yay
Reactions: Acteon Cass
Far less time past than Acteon expected before Akane made her choice. She put the collar on. She had chosen to become his. A smirk crossed his face seeing that. Regardless of however these two felt about each other in the future, at least they both now had someone to help keep each other's bed warm on lonely nights.

The girl's words held truth to them for him as well. He considered her his since their time together in the cave as well. Saying he took her now proved to be true for both meanings of the term. The mention of their time in the cave also got his mind onto what they did together there and that just gave him naughty ideas. Seemed he was feeling far more, vigorous, than he expected. The lustful beast side of him was full awake now.

The Allirian stood up and walked over to her. He leaned over her and took one of her cheeks in each of his palms. Gently he tilted her face up so they were looking at each other. The collar suited her well and made a soft ring only audible to those with ears as sensitive as their's. Not something he had asked for but a useful coincidence.

"You make it look beautiful kitten." Acteon said to her with a smile. Then his eyes drifted elsewhere from the collar. "Speaking of the cave. What are your thoughts on reenacting parts of our shared experience there right now?"

Ōjo Akane

• Devil
"You make it look beautiful kitten." Acteon said to her with a smile. Then his eyes drifted elsewhere from the collar. "Speaking of the cave. What are your thoughts on reenacting parts of our shared experience there right now?"

She blushed but didn't look away. His touch made her start to purr. A very happy kitty was she. A blush blossomed on her face at the suggestion, but she was far from opposed. "I'd love to, Master~"

She couldn't help but feel like this was where she belonged. And not just because women were raised to be in much the same position where she was from. Honestly she could tell that while he may not be the best guy around, he was certainly a good one to belong to.

• Yay
Reactions: Acteon Cass
The Alliran smirked at the girl's reaction. Seemed she was feeling as vigorous as he was. That was good. It was always bothersome if they were done for the night before he was. But they had good reason to. Unlike him they did not have unnatural levels of stamina only a beast in human skin could possess.

While the girl's calling him Master was a bit odd given he told her that she was no slave, he accepted it all the same. Arguing would just get in the way of their fun.

"Good girl." Acteon said in response before he leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips.

======================================

Amber eyes fluttered open as the barely audible sounds of morning activities reached sleeping ears. Acteon waited for the haze to lift before attempting to get up. He stopped when he noticed another body close to his sharing the space beneath the sheets. It was just the girl. They had ended up moving from her bed to his to sleep after their fun.

The Allirian slowly got himself out of the bed and did his best not to wake up. She was his now and that afforded some consideration. Once out of bed he hunted down his clothes and slipped them on. Then he sat down at the table and began to mule over the map of the local area once more. He needed to get it as best into memory as he could. It could prove useful if something happened.

He felt no need to wake Akane up. Soon enough the both of them would be too busy to enjoy such pleasantries as a bed and the quiet of the rising sun.

Ōjo Akane

• Bless