The Empire By Moon and Stars

Threads open to all members of the The Empire group
"No need, mate," the elf sang into the Vizier's ear, stepping out from behind the Abtati, and clapped a bloodied hand on the man's shoulder.

"There're some injured below deck," said Tulio, his red eyes lingering on Ashuanar before switching to the others, "I'm no fighter, so I helped where I could."

While the reality that the remainder of their journey would be no easy task finally settled in and grim tendrils began to coil around the crew and their morale, Tulio remained smiling. Things were, after all, so pleasantly joyful.

With the first, and hopefully most taxing barrier out of the way, the Dawn Treader was free to carry on in its mission. She thanked the Sage for his mercy; she and Noelani had already expended much of their energy, it seemed, and they still had a Palace of Bone to navigate...and find.

Medja smiled at Ashuanar as he knelt by her.
"Yes...rest...if only a minute." She panted. She'd lost much of her materials in their battle just moments before and it began to dawn on her as she reeled from the rapid draining of her energy: this far out, if she were to suffer a mortal wound, she would not be able to use her Siphon of Alhaya. There was nothing here to take from. That was...disturbing. She would have to be more careful going forward.

"We must press onward nonetheless. Mazar-Juma can't be far; according to legend, its crest should just barely peak out of the sea, while most of its body lies below." She explained, pulling herself to her feet if only to traipse back to her chair, gods willing it was still on deck somewhere.

After Lani had been set back down and given a pat on the back that had nearly sent her sprawling, the Captain of the Dawn Treader found her way back to where the Viziers had earlier been enjoying a casual talk and drink. Through a combination of her skill to keep the ship steady and the fact the chairs were bolted to the deck meant the scene was comically much the same as when they had left. Even the bottle of rum had only rolled off the table but not with enough force to smash. She bent to retrieve it and poured herself a healthy measure then took a long, grateful swig.

Only then did she glance at the others and let out a small breath when she realised they were well.

"My crew will only need a few minutes before we continue," to right what had been moved. Her lips pressed into a thin line as she glanced at the elf who had been absent for the battle. "I hope you'll be more useful for the rest of the mission?" the lilt at the end made it sound like a question but the rare ire in her tone made it more of a threat. If there was one thing the Mchawi Princess couldn't abide it was having someone on her ship who was pointless.

As promised the ship soon lurched on. Little less than half an hour passed before another shout went up; the tip of the coral fortress had appeared.

Very good, he thought to himself, hiding a relieved sigh. He turned back to Medja who rose and made her way back to her seat, and he nodded. Good, he needn't even suggest she rest, but on the same token, she must truly be spent to so willingly retire - at least for the moment. Behind his features which again were still like stone, concern for her welled, and he committed to himself to remain close by to her for the remainder of their journey. He'd promised himself that day under the ash of Drakormir's coming that he'd never let harm come to her again, and he sought to uphold this promise.

But for the moment they were safe, and as she found herself to her chosen place, Ashuanar stepped closer to the boats edge and leaned against the rub rail. He looked out at the waters ahead, and then hazarded a look to the aft.

He hardly felt that was the last they'd seen of that creature...

His eyes cast down into the depths, and he mused what his summoned creature could possibly be doing down so far. Nevertheless, he felt it there.

He lingered around somewhat aimlessly for a time, his attention often turning to Medja, but also sparingly between the others, crew included. He spoke between some of them in little bits, until it was that the shouts came of something ahead. Then he drew near to the others, steeling himself for whatever it was that awaited them.

"Stay close to me," he said, his voice almost a whisper, his eyes carefully set upon those emerald jewels he cherished so deeply.

"My crew will only need a few minutes before we continue," to right what had been moved. Her lips pressed into a thin line as she glanced at the elf who had been absent for the battle. "I hope you'll be more useful for the rest of the mission?"

"I wasn't recommended for a strong sword arm," Tulio smiled, unphased by the sea witch's scorn.

The elf was a journeyman who scoured countless places long forgotten all across the world throughout his years and travels. He made his profession dealing in secrets, rumors, and knowledge. When the might and boundless prowess of the three before him would fail is when his value to the party would become apparent.

At that moment, he would graciously accept Noelani's apology.

"Well, isn't that something?"