Private Tales Brothels and Broken Things

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Cassian," Lexi frowned a little and touched his cheek. She didn't want to push but from the way she said his name it was clear that she was there should he want to talk about it. Red butted her hand away from him to demand more attention and her lips twitched despite the serious moment in their conversation, relented, and turned her focus to the cat instead. A swim did sound nice though.

"I would like that, the paperwork makes me feel so fuzzy headed. Let me grab my bag," she slid from his arms to go back to the bedroom and emerged a while later with the towels they would need. Once that was done she led him through the city. It was relatively quiet now it was fully blooming into evening and night. People were either in the Mess or in their own homes. It was peaceful. Those they did pass called greetings though and she replied with everyone's name.

It wasn't too long of a walk down through the streets, pass the mess to the lower levels of the city where it became less housing more open spaces. Finally they came to the large pools. There were three in total at different hap hazard levels but each one was relatively large. She stopped on the bank of the one at the lowest level and began to peel off her clothes.

"Looks like we have it to ourselves for now," they were a public spot and couples would often come in the moonlit hours but they seemed to have found it on a rare day.

• Love
Reactions: Cassian
He avoided her gaze and was glad of Red’s intervention as her hand touched his face. He knew it was an issue, and working with others again was making it a little more difficult, but how the fuck could he fix his head other than dulling it with alcohol? Cassian huffed and squeezed at her sides before letting her go.

“Even better.” He answered as they reached the empty pools, his eyes wandering over her as she undressed and he gave a quiet whistle in approval and grinned. He wasted no time in stripping off and stepping in to submerge himself below the surface up to his eyes, his brow arching as they watched her.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Lexi Quinzell
Lexi dropped the last of her undergarments into the neat pile and then delicately dipped one toe in to the water, testing it for its temperature, before stepping in fully to join him in the water. Even still she shivered a little. Despite spring being at full height and the taste of summer clear on the breeze, the pools had yet to have enough sun during the day that they kept the heat at night.

"So, Little Giant," she swam her way over with slow and lazy strokes, the amusement of his nickname clear in her voice. "How are you enjoying the city so far?"

Cassian stood, fingers lacing together behind his neck, a boyish grin dimpling at his cheeks as he watched her. She was a living work or art, her caramel skin so tempting to touch; every move giving away her strength. She kept his blood warm despite the temperature of the water.

His brow lifted and he laughed quietly as she seemed as amused by the nickname as he had been, he'd never felt 'small' in his life, but it was hard to argue with the likes of Tryst, the giant was almost double his height. "I suppose it isn't so bad.. Plenty of decent ale, coin to be made...and the women. Oof.." he rolled his eyes and let his head fall back with a huff and his lips curled.

• Popcorn
When he fell back into the waters with his huff of approval over the form of the women Lexi splashed some of the water over his face with a small noise of indignation herself. Afterwards she took a breath and dived beneath the waters to soak her head and hair as well. Three long powerful strokes and she was a few paces behind him now, leaning up against the edge of the pool they were in.

"I'm trying to imagine you in nice white robes but I am struggling a little," her head canted to the side as she watched him. "It sounds like you met some of my top soldiers though, other commanders. Would you be able to follow them?" He had admitted himself that he had a problem with authority. If one of them barked an order would he do it?

Cassian grinned playfully as she splashed at him and he swam to rest his elbows on the edge.. "Mh..I ent really a shinin' knight in pretty white robes sorta guy, lass.." he snorted at her, he didn't even wear armour. Her question caused a soft frown in consternation, and he thought for a short moment before answering. "I can follow you.. If you tell me to follow them then I'll follow them." he ran a his fingers into his hair to ruffle out the water. Truthfully he didn't know if he could follow them yet or not, he'd watched Lexi in the field, seen how she'd taken care of her men, watched the way in which she fought and respected her for it. If the others were anything like her it'd be easier, he simply lacked trust in that area.

"I'd be happy to fight beside them regardless.. I'm still gettin' used to this, lass..But I'll try to do as I'm told." he smirked.

• Bless
"Alright," Lexi nodded then after a moment she shook her head. "No, I'm sorry I shouldn't be bringing that talk here," she brought her hands up and rubbed at her face. The cool water did good to bring her out of her Commander mindset. It was just so hard to separate the two. Her position hardly afforded her many friends; people she liked of course but there would always be that line she couldn't cross. Always held herself back. But she didn't want to do that with him and that meant leaving work talk at work.

"Tell me something I don't know about you, like, what's your...." what did normal people ask another when trying to get to know them? "I don't know. If you had infinite money and you never had to work, what would you do with it?"

• Sip
He laughed quietly and his head shook at her apology.. "Don' apologise lass it's a reasonable question I just.. have a lot to get past." he rubbed at his face.

Cassian looked at her with an expression of deep thought and confusion.. "I.. These questions aren't gettin' any easier lass..Nobody's ever asked me that.." he gave a throaty laugh, fuck he was terrible at talking. "I've never sailed.. An' I've never not been a soldier. I suppose I'd get myself a small ship, sail it wherever I wanted. Live on the sea, relax on a beach, swim in the ocean.." he reached an arm around her to pull her to him. It was a strange life to imagine, but it seemed a polar opposite to the life he had, and he found it a pleasant thought.

"If I could take you.. If not, then I'll happily die a soldier.."

• Love
The warmth of him as she was pulled against his side did well to warm her up and she pressed herself a little closer. There was a ledge running around the edge of the pool allowing people to sit and stay submerged which she did now beside him before draping her legs over his lap and resting her elbows on her knees.

"No... question's aren't easy but they distract me from jumping on you every few seconds. That body really should come with a warning," her gaze flicked down his torso, then further still, before raising to his with a dark and sinful look before glancing away again, up towards the moon which was beginning to peak out from behind the clouds. She was quiet for a moment.

"It's nice to dream," her voice was unusually tender as if she were thinking on something.

• Love
Cassian gave a grin of utter smugness that creased at his eyes, his teeth latching onto his lower lip as he nodded sagely and his fingertips ran slowly from the curve of her ankle, up her calf and stroked at her thigh.. "Mh.. I hate distractions." he rumbled, though his hand stopped and retraced the trail back to her ankle, exploring her skin.

He followed her gaze toward the moon and watched her for a moment, a small smile curling at the corners of his mouth "Go on then... What is it you dream of, lass?.." he asked curiously. "Besides my body that is." he mused.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
The touch sent goosebumps up and down her leg and she shivered a little but scooched herself closer to him. It was like a drug and Lexi was probably not the first addict. When he returned the question her half smile was only visible because of the way the moonlight caught the side of her face.

"There is a place called Moon Lagoon. It's a story really, it's meant to be paradise on Arethil. I should think I would like to go there and live in a place with no monsters that need slaying for once," her voice was full of an unknown emotion. Desire? Need? Hopelessness knowing that it would never be for her?

• Love
He was, in fairness, trying to distract himself too. It took all he had not to let his lusty mind take over as he felt her naked form against her. He looked across the inky pool, the moonlight shone on the water like a pale band of silver, illuminating the ripples that spread outwards from the impact of their movements. He sighed deeply, his mind and body relaxing here, with her, talking about their dreams.

"Perhaps one day you'll find it, lass.. But we'll see how long you last without monsters to slay." he smirked, his voice holding a touch of morose, Lexi had given up her chance of being with Rose to do her duty. She would never not have a duty. For him, growing up in Vel Anir had meant that being a soldier was simply a way of life, it wasn't a job, it was who he was and he'd never considered being anything other than that. He was no longer a son, or a brother, or a husband, but he remained a soldier.. and now he was hers.

• Love
He surprised a laugh out of her with his comment; he hit the nail on the head with it. She might complain a lot about the work and the fighting but she had worked hard for her position in the White Ravens because she had loved the work - lived for it. She had been the perfect Templar brat as a child wanting to follow in her parents footsteps. But lately she had been feeling like she were lacking something. Leaned forward she pressed a kiss to his cheek then rested her head on his shoulder with a soft sigh. It was nice to just relax for once.

"What were you like as a kid?" the thoughts of her parents had turned her memories that way. She would have liked to have seen him when he was younger, when he hadn't been haunted by his brothers death and hadn't had to rely on drink.

• Popcorn
The kiss to the cheek was even more soothing, and it still felt strange as she rested her head on his shoulder. Good strange.

“Unruly.” He laughed under his breath and huffed as he thought back on his childhood. “But it was quickly beaten out of me. My trainings’ began early, just after my mother died. My father didn’t have time for nonsense, the good days were when he was away, Remy was left to look after me.. He was never as hard on me as my old man, took a few beatin’s for me too when I fucked up and got myself in trouble, tried to make me run but I was never one for backin’ down from a beatin’.” He smirked.

“You I imagine were a perfect child.” He laughed quietly and wrapped his arms around her a little tighter.

• Popcorn
Lexi began to laugh.

"I was probably not what normal parents would call a good child but for the Order, yes. Though I had a habit of doing things my way rather than the textbook way, it led to a lot of hours in confinement as punishment," it had all been worth it though, it had taught her things and helped her cast spells better than most. As he pulled her closer she slid from her position beside him to come and sit on his lap properly, twisting slightly to play with his hair. Then a smirk crawled across her face.

"You'll have to ask my parents. If you thought Tryst was bad," a low whistle.

• Popcorn
He let out an involuntary groan as she played with his hair and suppressed a shudder..She'd lulled him into a false sense of security however, and his muscles instantly tightened again as she spoke of him asking her parents. "Are they here?.." he asked after hesitation. Parents didn't like him, he'd courted girls as a young lad and he'd never been able to hold his tongue whenever a father would say something degrading or a mother would look at him with disapproval. He'd knocked Alana's father clean out.

"Unlike Tryst I doubt they'd think me worthy of you after beatin' 'em. And I certainly ent worthy of you.." he looked down at her, quietly hoping he'd never have to meet them. Things seemed to be going well for him, he didn't want it ruined by her father finding out he was a drunk ex soldier who'd been exiled from his home after beating up his father and commanding officers. Fathers didn't want those for their daughters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
"Mmm they're on a mission at the moment but yes, they are around meaning alive," she was laughing at the uncomfortable expression on his face and she gave him a kiss that lingered well after she had moved away as an apology. Her fingers stroked down his tense neck and over his shoulders and very slowly she began to massage the bunched muscles there.

"My dad is quite mellow, he's more the thinker out of the two. It's my mother who you're going to have to watch out for," a small grimace. "Though she didn't like Rose because she shunned the blade, so you have that going for you. I shall try," a soft kiss here, "very hard," a soft kiss there, "to keep you apart if that's what you'd like."

Gods he prayed it was a long mission, but the way new seemed to spread about Lexi around this city made him feel all the more uncomfortable. Not that he was afraid of her parents, he was more afraid of their disapproval rubbing off on her.. He moaned softly against her lips, the touch of her fingers, the gentle kneading at his muscles.

His eyes closed and he made a sound akin to a purring cat, his mind transcending into calm as he let his limbs fall loose and let his head fall forward a little, giving her more room to keep going. His words tumbled out in a slow, husky drawl. "Parents just... have a way of gettin' in the way lass... I know how it goes." he huffed and tilted his neck "They'll convince you that you deserve better... You do, just, that doesn't work out so well for me.." he laughed under his breath.

• Cry
"You should know by now I care little about what others think," she stopped her massaging when she spoke, tilted his chin to meet her gaze with fingers that were firm. The look on her face was reflective of that; determination with a mingling of irritation - the latter caused by his own low opinion of himself. She dropped her grip from his chin and returned to her gentle petting and massaging.

"Can I ask..." it was hesitant, she didn't want to push and she knew it was a sore subject. "Will you tell me about her?" About the woman who had broken his heart and left him when he needed her.

His eyes opened as she tilted his chin to look at her, his lips curling into a half smirk, but he gave a light nod. It was difficult not to have a low opinion of himself, he'd been a shame to his father, a failure to his brother and a disappointment to his wife and he'd been told as such, often. Alcohol helped with the self pity but it also added to the shameful part of who he'd become.

He let out a huff as she started massaging again.. "We were both kids when we met, neither her parents or my father allowed it, I had to leave my duties to be with her, we married in secret. She was beautiful, and she knew it. Girl wanted the world.. After Remy, I was..colder. Started drinkin', and she wasn't prepared to wait around for me to crawl back out of the bottle. She'd found herself a man of higher rank, I caught them at it.. I think everyone else knew before I did, even my father enjoyed rubbin' it in my face." he frowned, but his tone remained calm as long as she continued to knead at his shoulders. "It was my own fault.. She deserved better than a drunk too."

Last edited:
  • Cry
"She was a fool," Lexi snorted, clearly unimpressed with the womans actions. There was even a thread of anger there. Rose had at least tried until she could take it no more, couldn't bare the long hours and weeks away from one another. It hurt but she understood it really. But Cassian had been hurting and he had needed someone and she had let him down. He fact his own father too had...

She shook her head a little, her hands firmer in their massaging now. After a moment she said in a sly voice.

"You know... there are spells for people like that."

Cassian laughed and took hold of her face to kiss a smile against her lips.. "Aye, lass. I'm sure there are. But I'm alrigh' here...Arethil is a big place, I doubt I’ll see her again. Or my father. I’ve made my peace with it..” he sighed as his lips travelled down the side of her jaw.

“But I appreciate you havin’ my back, lass.” He grinned, feeling like he’d finally got lucky but he was too afraid to voice it. He’d no doubt find some way of eventually letting her down, but he’d try not to.

“You best keep talkin’ lass..” he mumbled against her skin. “Before I keep kissin’..”

• Popcorn
"It's my job - but," Lexi sighed at the soft kisses on her neck and slowly her head listed to the side to allow him more free rein, "it is also what I want to do, you are who I want." Because the distinction was important to her. She would always have his back on the field and wanted him to know that, when she was thinking with her Commander mantle on her shoulders. But for the matters more sensitive, she would also be there.

His comment had her laughing.

"C'mon I'm trying to be good here," there was a lilt of a whine in her tone, a pleading for reprise from his addictive touch. "I'm trying not to make the same mistakes I did with Rose," she leaned her forehead on his. She had taken her for granted, hadn't spoken or shared. "What's your biggest fear?"

• Love
Cassian would never tire of hearing that he was wanted. He’d avoided being such for so long that he’d forgotten how content he could feel. He kissed her again in a not so subtle response.

He stopped though, but only barely, his breathing had already quickened in pace and he huffed to slow it. “What mistakes?..” he asked with a gentle frown. He would fight beside her, not let her go it alone, there was little else he could think of that she could do that would be a mistake In his eyes.

He frowned at the question, his nose grazing hers as he thought on an answer. “Gettin’ too attached and watchin’ it all fall to shit... And snakes.” He shuddered.

• Haha
Lexi giggled.

"Snakes? Really?" she had seen him face a demon prince of hell and a monster most men would shit themselves at the sight of. The idea that snakes were his weakness was amusing to say the least. Such a confession though warranted an answer to his question and she toyed once again with a bit of his hair as she thought how best to explain it.

"I wasn't there for her. I didn't separate the Commandership from me, at times like this. Personal times. I struggled to find the balance and she struggled too, I think," a sorrowful expression and she drew her bottom lip between her teeth then released it with a sigh. "I stopped being her lover and as such she stopped loving me," a small shrug. She didn't blame her in anyway even if it hurt. It had been a time of turmoil and she had needed help from the people closest to her but had lost her instead.

She chased the thoughts away with a smile then said in a conspiratory whisper.

"I'm scared of mice."