Private Tales Brothels and Broken Things

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Lexi threw him a look that was equal parts disbelieving but also... curious. She had no doubts her men spoke about her and for a moment she wondered if someone had expressed their true opinions in front of Cassian. It would be good to know what people truthfully felt.

"Err, no," Lexi threw the book onto his stomach and then leaned back in the pillows, plucked the cat from his chest and settled it on hers with a few gentle pats. "This is your homework, read it to me," she settled back and quietly sipped on her whisky. In truth she could probably recite the damn thing off by heart she had studied it so much.

He let out a quiet 'oomf' as the codex landed on his stomach and he frowned at her. Fuck. He huffed and rubbed at his face before downing the rest of his whisky and setting his glass down and flipping the book open to stare at the pages.

"Eh... Right, so.." he cleared his throat, trying to make sense of the scribbles on the page, half of them making little sense at all. He looked at the sketches and diagrams instead, his brow furrowing at the picture of a demon wielding a ball of flames.. "So, these guys have horns an' throw fire at you.. And these ones have bigger horns, but like a stag, with big teeth an' claws but they stand on two legs instead of four.. Ok, got that.." he nodded and flipped the page.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Lexi Quinzell
It didn't take long for Lexi to work out what the actual problem was with reading. Her eyes flicked from the book to him and then there was a quiet noise of realisation. She didn't say anything though, wouldn't dent his pride in such a way. Instead she set her own glass down and instead of only half paying attention from the other side of the bed she slid herself over and forced her way under his arm so it curved about her waist but also held the book open. Her Anirian was rusty but she knew this book inside out and back to front.

"Alright," her voice was soft as she put her fingers on the page and traced her finger under the sentences as she spoke. Lexi didn't strike people as the teacher sort; she was brash, bold and had a temper that was more changeable than the breeze. But the next few hours with him she was gentle and patient and kind. Answered questions, filled in some of the information with stories of times she had fought the creatures instead.

She rubbed at her eyes and finally shut the book.

"M'kay story time is over," she rubbed at her eyes.

• Love
Reactions: Cassian
Cassian pulled her close with a gentle smirk as she wormed her way under his arm, Red still curled on her chest and purring madly. He felt something of an unfamiliar warmth, and he watched her for a moment as she decided to help him without trying to make him feel like a complete idiot. He pressed a kiss against her head in muted thanks, and listened.

He played our scenarios in his mind, listened to her stories and asked the questions he needed to ask, but more than anything he simply watched her speak. She had a way of soothing him, cooling the fire of rage and torment just by her mere presence. But as she read to him his heart swelled.

He smiled as she rubbed her eyes, and lifted the book to set it down on the bedside table before settling down a little, trying not to disturb the sleeping kitten. He didn’t want to leave, nor did he want to assume it was fine to stay, but he’d at least stay until she was asleep before sneaking home..

He wrapped his other arm around to her shoulder and caressed it with his thumb and pressed another kiss to her head, this time with an audible ‘Thanks lass’.. and he sighed with an entirely new feeling of contentment.

• Love
Gods it had been a long day with next to little sleep and she was feeling it now. When he shifted his position she did hers too so that they were both laying down still in nothing but their towels. Lexi didn't mind one bit, enjoyed it rather. Another twist of her hips albeit gently as she kept in mind the kitten fast asleep across her chest and under the crook of her neck, and she threw her leg across him.

"Be a shame to move the cat, she's tuckered out," her voice was a low murmur against his chest where her head rested. "If you... want to stay you can," her fingers trailed over his arm then she flattened her palm over his chest. But she would understand if he wanted to leave too. They might have both agreed that they would be each others only sleeping companion but they had not discussed anything wider than a mutual back scratching when they needed it. Their chemistry was great, it would truly be an insult to the art of sex to deny one another. But more than that... Lexi had already confessed she was awful at it, Cassian had admitted similar. It seemed destined to fail but she wanted to wallow in the illusion a little longer.

• Love
Cassian watched her get herself more comfortable with a slight smirk at her words, her leg draped over him and hand on his chest.. her body certainly wasn’t telling him to leave. “Well... your bed is considerably more comfortable. I’ll stay tonight, if that’s what you want.” he arched a brow and grinned down at her, his legs entwining with hers as he settled in a little more.

His eyes were heavy, it’d been an eventful day from start to end and he’d sleep especially well if he could stop looking at her for long enough to keep his eyes closed. He mentally scolded himself, thinking of how much his life had changed so quicky, how he had changed, and he knew he was destined to fuck it up like everything else. But he’d enjoy it whilst it lasted, and try not to be too broken when it would inevitably fall apart.

• Love
Lexi's only response was a content sigh and the further relaxing of her body against his now she knew she was good to fully utilise him as a human pillow. Curled up like that with him and the cat it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

Usually she was one of those people who were up at the crack of dawn but when she finally opened her eyes this time it was only because of the cat nibbling at her nose trying to get her attention. Lexi mumbled something about leaving her alone, tried to hide her face in the pillow but the tiny little paw found its way under and tapped at her face more instantly.

"Ok, ok...!" despite her words she didn't move, searched instead for the body of the man she had fallen asleep next to. "Your cats hungry."

• Sip
He couldn’t remember having slept so soundly, he hadn’t moved an inch since falling asleep, but he wasn’t ready to wake up just yet and he frowned with a groan as Lexi spoke to him. “Mh... My cat now is she?” he grumbled, his voice gritty from sleep, and he reached without opening his eyes to grab the cat by the scruff and lift her to the other side of the bed with a quiet ‘fuck off’ before rolling over and attempting to carry on with his sleep.

Now she was climbing onto his head and he growled, receiving a gentle nibble at his ear and a few more violent bats to his head before he shoved at her. “Fuck, ok I’m up..” he sighed deeply and rubbed at his face and patted Lexi gently on the arse before sliding himself out of bed and stretching, still half asleep.

He left her to wake up, and took it upon himself to prepare coffee and some scrambled eggs for them both after he’d given Red the rest of the leftover chicken Lexi had been feeding her. He sliced some bread, and slid the tray of food and fresh coffee onto the bed and climbed back in beside her.

• Love
"When she's being a pain she's your cat," Lexi mumbled in response before putting her head back under the pillow to try and gain a few more precious moments of sleep. Unfortunately she was one of those people who once they were awake found it hard to get back to sleep no matter how hard they tried or how tired they were. Eventually she admitted defeat to herself and pushed herself up with a soft groan. At least she could smell coffee and food. By the time he walked back in with that damn towel still about his waist Red had joined her back on the bed and had promptly fallen asleep again.

"I wish I could be a cat sometimes," her hand ran through the little ginger kittens fur gently before turning her attention to the tray of food that had been offered. She pulled it up and on to her lap and clasped the coffee cup between her hands like she were a drowning soul and it a life float. "Thank you," when he got back into bed she leaned against his side and blew on the coffee. "It is suspiciously quiet, Farah has usually woke me up by this point," she rubbed at her eyes.

“Mh..Spoiled little shits.” He commented as he shovelled some egg onto his bread and ate, a subtle wink given in response to her thanks.

He swallowed and shrugged “Perhaps you’re gettin’ the day off lass.” His brows rose. “Think I’ll head out for a run before I need to meet Rose..” he murmured and continued with his breakfast.

“Might take the lads too. Put em through their paces.” He grinned maliciously as he chewed.

• Popcorn
Spoiled was not a word she often got to used about herself so she smirked and luxuriated in it. Only after she had drunk half her coffee did she start on the eggs which she ended up wolfing down before returning to the rest of her coffee.

"If I ever get the day off it'll be when I'm dead. No, in fact, I can imagine the bastards rising my ghost from the grave to still ask me shit," she muttered into her cup. Something was going on and she wasn't too keen on finding out what. Once she had finished her coffee she slid from the bed at last, ditched the towel and began to get dressed.

"Alec is proper little runner I will warn you, it might be you being left in the dust there," a snort as she pulled on her underwear before rummaging for a pair of breeches. "Are we still on for training after your lesson?"

Cassian grinned at her mutterings and quietly finished off his eggs, the coffee waking him up a little more as he downed the contents of his cup. His eyes followed her, brow quirking as she ditched the towel and he gave a playful purr. Gods the woman was a torment and she didn't even need to try.

"That right?.." he nodded, taking note. He had always kept on top of his fitness, a lack of could kill a man as easily as a blade in the field, but he welcomed the challenge. "Aye, we are." he agreed with a small smirk and got up to clear the plates and cups away. He returned to whip his towel off and whip it at her arse before turning his back to her, a wink cast over his shoulder as he pulled on his breeches.

• Haha
"Fucker," Lexi rubbed the red mark he had left across her skin before she had managed to pull her breeches up fully. She laced them whilst shooting daggers at him as he left the room and plotting her revenge in her mind. Next came a clean shirt which she left unlaced at the throat and chest and then wondered out into her study where she was met with another pile of paperwork. A groan came from her throat.

"Just sneaks in and dumps it on me instead," the woman had the quietest steps known to man. There was a fat envelope on top which she opened as she leaned against the edge. A small frown marred her brow and she made a soft noise in the back of her throat before setting it down to deal with later on.

"I was thinking," she called through before she lost her nerve, though she stayed where she was leaning against the desk. If she looked at him she might lose her nerve. "If you want... you could... you could stay here. I guess. If you want that is."

Cassian pulled on his black shirt and lifted an agitated Red from Lexi's bed to make it neatly, lifting her against his chest before she could jump back onto it. He stood in the doorway, absently stroking at the kitten's chin as he stared at the woman, his words catching in his throat. Fuck yes he wanted to stay, but also, he really didn't want her to get tired of him, and the more time he spent with her the more likely that would be. But how could he say no when she'd clearly felt a little awkward about asking. She couldn't even look at him.

"Are you sure, lass?.." he cleared his throat. "I mean.. Of course I want to, just. This is your space, are you sure you want to share?.." he asked, leaning in the doorway with a gentle frown at her..

• Love
Finally she raised her eyes after a deep long breath. One milky white, one hazel rested on him as she clearly thought it through one more time to be sure before she gave a nod. Then another and she was pushing off the desk to walk over to him, leaning on the same bit of frame.

"Yeah, I'm sure. For the cats sake, you understand," a crooked smile as she petted the ginger ball of fur on his chest. "I like having you here... is that ok? I know... people walk in and out all the time for meetings and things. If you want more privacy I understand."

Cassian’s smile grew wide, creasing at the corners of his eyes and dimpling his cheeks as he watched her flustered and awkward. She was fucking adorable. “Aye... for the cat’s sake, sure lass..” he answered in a breathy rumble and reached his free hand to skim along her jaw and hold her face to draw her into a kiss...A long one that would hopefully express without words exactly how much he wanted to stay.

Last edited:
  • Love
It was the type of kiss that left you weak at the knees and it occured to her she hadn't had such a feeling in years. Perhaps even before she had become Commander of the White Ravens. But still, at the back of her mind, a small voice told her such things would only lead to pain.

For the first time in an age she prayed.

When they parted it took her a moment to gather her thoughts before walking back to the desk and producing a key which she threw to him.

"Now the more important question is how short a pair of shorts do you wear for running?"

He sighed and rubbed at his face as she left him, setting Red down before catching the key that was thrown at him. He looked down at it for a moment and lifted his eyes to her, narrowing them slightly. He almost asked her again if she was sure, but she'd said she was and so he'd leave it alone and just accept that she really did want him here.

He laughed "Just how short are my shorts required to be, lass?.. I'm yours to command, I could do it in that towel if you so pleased." he mused at her, and found her to press another kiss to the corner of her mouth. "I'll see you for training?" he asked, looking down at her, lips twitching..

• Haha
Lexi was about to reply after a soft chuckle when there was a knock at the door. A soft sigh; her day was about to begin. She ran a hand down her face, remembered the eye patch, and grabbed it from her desk as she nodded to his question.

"Yeah, see you at training. Let Farah in on your way out," she was already turning to the pile of work on her desk, her shoulders already a little more tense.

The boys were more than happy to go for a run and Alec was more than proud to show off what exactly Lexi had been talking about; he was a nippy little bastard on the tracks. Of course, everyone who hadn't heard about Lexi and Cassian after his run in with Kain had now most certainly heard after their parade through the streets and Alec and Peter were their usual selves in the lewd matter.

Rose was at least a little less direct with her comment about how surprised she was he had had enough time to read through so much of the book after his evening activities.

By the time he was approaching the training grounds it was nearing four in the afternoon but unlike last time there was a larger crowd here this time and murmurs of excited chatter. When he got to the front he would see Lexi had beaten him here. She had discarded her robes which lay in a pile to the side and her shirt was a little tattered. She had just landed from some sort of move for her feet were skidding back in the dirt, dust rising. She was panting a little but there was a twisted smile on her face and opposite her was Tryst who looked worse for wear.

There were no weapons between them, this was a battle of fists alone. He charged again and Lexi stood up a little straighter. There was a strangled noise of distress from someone in the crowd as the giant swung a fist at her. She ducked at the last moment, got under his guard, then she had both hands on his shirt and a surprised look crossed his face as she rolled back into the dirt with him, both feet coming up against his chest then she pushed...

The giant went sailing through the air with a howl and hit the stoney side of the walls as Lexi rolled her way back to her feet, dusting off her clothes.

"Next!" she called as she strode to the edge to grab her skin of water.

Last edited:
  • Love
He received a few looks as he stood watching her, his arms folded over his naked torso with a proud grin. He was however, silently anxious about training with her in front of such a large crowd. He could take a beating, but he wasn’t sure he’d be able to throw punches at her like Tryst did. He winced as the half giant was thrown into the wall and inwardly groaned, applauding along with the rest of the crowd and looking over them to see who would take the next round...

When nobody came forward Cassian walked with slow strides onto the arena, rubbing at the back of his neck as the crowd seemed to hush. Public humility was likely. He lifted two short swords from the bracket, and wandered back to a space, winking at her with a roguish grin as he twisted the blades in his hands. “I’ll go easy on you, lass..” he joked with a quiet chuckle, and silently prayed to fuck he didn’t get too badly whipped.

• Haha
When she heard the crowd hush Lexi frowned a little in confusion; the White Ravens never did that even on that one occasion Rose had stepped in the ring not long after their public and loud breakup. Gods please let it not be her mother, she prayed silently then turned. Oh... The lack of noise made sense now. None of them had seen him fight though and he had done well on the field to keep up with their group considering his lack of expertise on the field. Lexi tracked his movements carefully as she sipped from the skin and when he picked up weapons she quirked a brow. The man was looking for more than a bruising it appeared.

"You're so kind," there was only one weapon Lexi used and that was the mammoth of a broadsword she used on the field. She picked it up now with little concern for how much it weighed. It was a hard juggling act. With this many people here she had to be a Commander and not the woman who had given him a key to her apartment.

"Let's see what you've got then newbie," she twirled the two handed blade effortlessly in one and motioned with one finger for him to come get her.

Cassian's brow lifted as she picked up the broadsword, quietly muttering a 'fuck me' under his breath and shaking his head, a quick glance at the crowd to check if the woman who'd healed him last time was there..

He dipped his chin and his cheeks dimpled in a laugh at her words.. "Aye, lass.. I'll show yeh." he winked, and strode toward her, eyes locked on her face, looking for a hint of her move whilst his expression gave nothing away.

His blades spun in his hands and he put some strength behind his first attack, he couldn't afford to be weak, and he tried to push his worry of harming her out of his mind. She was far stronger than he was, but he'd trained in weaponry for longer. Twin blades lifted in a slashing motion toward the woman's chest.

• Devil
Oh but he was fast. Lexi was impressed; she had seen glimpses of him fighting of course but she had been preoccupied with her own parts of the battle and hadn't had time to really appreciate them in the moment. She had relied more on the reports from Kain, Alec and Peter. But as he came at her there was just a slight quirk of her lips to show she found him interesting.

Whether that was a good thing or not was entirely up to him.

She caught the blades in an upward parry, the thicker and longer blade holding the two of his well enough. The issue with two versus one was ensuring one of his blades didn't get close. Lexi was going to have to move fast too and keep him more on the defensive. She pushed up with her hand in an attempt to unbalance the strike, sending one of his hands slightly higher than the other before whisking her sword smartly down towards the hip that was now more exposed.

He drew back quickly enough as his strike was glanced upward, both blades swiping up under her strike as he pressed forward, arms jutting forward aiming a stab toward her abdomen. The power of not only the blade, but the woman behind it, meant he'd have to be quick and agile as possible. Tryst had been strong, but he'd been just slow enough for him to have got the better of him. Lexi had just thrown the half giant like a child.. She was amazing.

• Love
Their swords clashed but barely this time, he had moved quicker than she had anticipated and her expression sharpened into one of concentration. This wasn't a fight that was going to be easily won. His swords caught on the edge of her blade meaning she didn't have enough of a purchase to push him back and this time it was she who had to give ground, twisting out of his way like a dancer. She didn't put distance between them though and came at him quickly again with three quick slashes of her own, one down towards his left shoulder, another for his abdomen and then for his head.