Completed Blood & Lust

"Fair enough, although I can't imagine this situation is overly different than the two-hundred years you spent with your sire... Unless things have drastically changed while I slept, master vampires tend to be quite fickle creatures."
He smiled up at the ceiling, as if remembering times now past... "Walking on eggshells, constantly trying to please and serve without slipping up or making a single mistake. I think you will find that I'm far more forgiving when it comes to mistakes. One does not reach my age without making a myriad of mistakes, I think you will see that makes me quite a bit more gracious when considering the mistakes of others."

Eleena supposed it really was not that different but, at the same time, her sire had made her. He wanted her there. Gideon did not make her. He could grow tired of her quicker than someone he cared for, she imagined. She did not voice any of that though.

"I killed my sire when I was a fledgling, a cruel mistress who used me relentlessly in any way she saw fit, it was a wonder I survived. The bonds between sire and spawn were stronger and more magically binding back then, I could not kill her with my own hand, so I plotted her destruction from the shadows... Bided my time, served her faithfully while I pulled strings from behind the stage to orchestrate her downfall. Once she was dead, I was free to do as I pleased."

Too bad you survived, Eleena thought as she listened to his story with her eyes still closed. How was it that he got to judge her for murdering vampires when he had done the same to his own sire. Such bullshit.

"I've killed thousands of vampires over my long life... Some deserved it, some did not... But it seems one can be forgiven of such things when you are the most powerful creature around. Did I do it for wrath? revenge? entertainment?"
He opened his red eyes once more and turned his head to look at her.
"... The answer is yes to all of the above, and more... And yet it has somehow become my burden to pass judgement on you. Tell me, are vampires not the most pitiful sort of monsters in Arethil?"

Now she opened her eyes and turned her head to glare at him. He had killed his sire and he killed so many vampires yet she was the monster here? The bullshit kept growing but she couldn't help but wonder if it was all lies to get her to admit her own murders.

"It seems a cruel joke that my fate would lie in the cold hands of someone who readily admits his crimes while I am innocent..."

"It seems a cruel joke that my fate would lie in the cold hands of someone who readily admits his crimes while I am innocent..."
That glare was impressive, he almost smirked at it. Instead, he faced the ceiling again in a half attempt at hiding his amusement.
"A cruel joke indeed. And yet, here we are. The difference between your alleged crimes and my own is that I have been chosen by the people I elected to protect to be the one to decide your fate. It's really all circumstantial, context is key here, I was chosen by others to judge you because they simply do not care what I've done in the past because they weren't alive or undead at the time, but they have a potential criminal right here in the present day and age, you make for a much easier target to those bleeding hearts among them."

His smile faded again, his thoughts wondering.
"And... Really... How long does one need to live to escape judgement for their crimes? A hundred years? a thousand? Perhaps after you've watched a mountain eroded to a bump in a field and all who could accuse you have long since joined it in the dust, how about then?"
His voice grew soft as he spoke, the bloody red pools in the black sea of his eyes not staring anywhere in particular, the resting flame seated within their depths burning low.
"... That is what makes a monster... One who has lost their humanity completely, and none can put a stop to them..."
Blood trailed down his cheek from his right eye.
"... Though many have tried..."

He took a deep breath and recovered himself. That was unexpected, was he really this starved to talk to somebody?
"Monsters truly exist in this world and being one of them I should know. And you should know that only a mortal can kill monsters like us."

"A cruel joke indeed. And yet, here we are. The difference between your alleged crimes and my own is that I have been chosen by the people I elected to protect to be the one to decide your fate. It's really all circumstantial, context is key here, I was chosen by others to judge you because they simply do not care what I've done in the past because they weren't alive or undead at the time, but they have a potential criminal right here in the present day and age, you make for a much easier target to those bleeding hearts among them."

Such. Bullshit. Fucking. Bullshit.

That was the only thing that kept going through her mind over and over as he spoke.

"And... Really... How long does one need to live to escape judgement for their crimes? A hundred years? a thousand? Perhaps after you've watched a mountain eroded to a bump in a field and all who could accuse you have long since joined it in the dust, how about then?"
His voice grew soft as he spoke, the bloody red pools in the black sea of his eyes not staring anywhere in particular, the resting flame seated within their depths burning low.
"... That is what makes a monster... One who has lost their humanity completely, and none can put a stop to them..."
Blood trailed down his cheek from his right eye.
"... Though many have tried..."

Eleena could tell that this topic was bringing up old wounds. She was on his left side so she missed the bloody tear that slid down his cheek.

"Monsters truly exist in this world and being one of them I should know. And you should know that only a mortal can kill monsters like us."

Gideon's words hit her like a slap to the face. She was a monster but not like him. How could a mortal kill a monster? Mortals were nothing in comparison. That is why she wanted to rid the world of vampires.

"What do you mean?" Eleena asked casually.

"What do you mean?"
He blinked and wiped away the blood on his cheek, of course by its nature the evidence was hard to hide.
"I've seen it only a few times... But for monsters like me, death only comes from mortals with true conviction in their purpose, something immortals or deathless things lack, a certain spirit that is lost when they cease to be mortal... Humans tend to exhibit this spirit more often than most other mortal races... That is how I will die, at the hands of a mortal who is pure of spirit and conviction..."
He wiped away the blood as best he could and hid his hand before rolling to his side again and facing her.
"... Does that make sense, Eleena? That is why, if you are guilty, I would doubt very much you could truly kill me even if I were to allow you to drive a stake through my heart, cut off my head, fill my mouth with garlic and burn my body to ashes... You lost your greatest weapon against me, and for that I pity you, guilty or not."

This was a strange tactic he was using; he wasn't quite following it himself. Exposing the hopelessness of her mission while also letting her know that he was not her enemy by choice? Befriending her would take time and he will get plenty of tries if that's what he was trying to do, many attempts to say the right things to her for the responses he wants... If that's what he wanted...

... Why was she so easy to talk to even though he knew for a fact she was here to kill vampires?!

"I've seen it only a few times... But for monsters like me, death only comes from mortals with true conviction in their purpose, something immortals or deathless things lack, a certain spirit that is lost when they cease to be mortal... Humans tend to exhibit this spirit more often than most other mortal races... That is how I will die, at the hands of a mortal who is pure of spirit and conviction..."
He wiped away the blood as best he could and hid his hand before rolling to his side again and facing her.
"... Does that make sense, Eleena? That is why, if you are guilty, I would doubt very much you could truly kill me even if I were to allow you to drive a stake through my heart, cut off my head, fill my mouth with garlic and burn my body to ashes... You lost your greatest weapon against me, and for that I pity you, guilty or not."

Eleena noticed the red stain on his cheek when he rolled over to his side and looked at her. She did not comment though. It was none of her business but it was something she would tuck away for future reference.

No, it did not make sense to Eleena. She had true conviction. She had so much conviction that she had become a vampire on purpose. She had spirit and conviction. She would succeed.

"I do not think that is true. If anything an immortal would have more spirit and conviction since they have the time to wait and plan..."

She closed her eyes again.

"I also do not need or want your pity, Gideon."

"I do not think that is true. If anything, an immortal would have more spirit and conviction since they have the time to wait and plan..."
She was confusing cunning and guile with true human tenacity and spirit. Something that even he has not been able to fully understand beyond the fact that he knows it's real... It's simply how it is, perhaps a curse? The pure of heart who maintain their purity, historically, have been the only ones who could truly put down a monster.

Hell, he'd been "killed" many times... But it's never really stuck because those who killed him, while tenacious, simply weren't... Worthy? Was that the word?
He'd seen it though... A monster like him, a true monster, being killed by only one who was worthy... What laws put this in motion? What governed or decided what sort of creature was worthy?
The only consistent symptom he could identify was mortality in these "worthy" creatures.

She closed her eyes again.

"I also do not need or want your pity, Gideon."
He smirked, "Well, you have it regardless. It's mine to give or take back."
He sat up and stepped out of bed, letting the blankets fall away from his naked form.
"Well... Perhaps this is unrelated, but this will get you thinking. Save for stepping into sunlight, I've never heard of a vampire successfully killing themselves. A stake to the heart works, but why not from your own hand? Don't you think many have tried? And why do you think that is?"

Last edited:
"Well... Perhaps this is unrelated, but this will get you thinking. Save for stepping into sunlight, I've never heard of a vampire successfully killing themselves. A stake to the heart works, but why not from your own hand? Don't you think many have tried? And why do you think that is?"

The bed rustled and Eleena opened her eyes again. She bit her bottom lip as her eyes traveled over his bare skin. He was perfect...well...his skin was perfect. Unblemished silkiness that begged for her to run her hands over every inch.

Gideon was speaking but it took her a few seconds to catch up with the fact that he had completely changed the subject. No longer was he talking about murder. He was talking about suicide. Her crimson eyes snapped to his face as he spoke.

"Just because you have never heard of it happening does not mean that it has not been done." There was an edge to Eleena's voice now. An edge that might have warned mortals to change the subjects or to stay away. Gideon was not mortal though and ever since she had woken up, he had been poking at her.

"Why are you in a mood this evening?" She finally asked. She had sat up now and pulled the blanket over her chest. She was not sure why she was self conscious around him since he had already seen all of her apparently.

"Just because you have never heard of it happening does not mean that it has not been done."
He glanced back at her still in bed, shyly covering herself as if she weren't the conniving seductress she pretended to be.
If he were to believe what she said, she sacrificed much to strike back against vampires. Her humanity, her morals, but apparently she still clung to her self-respect, she resisted immersing herself fully to do literally whatever it took to accomplish her goals...
Thus, she clung to the sheets like a lifeline to her dignity.
"Awfully bold of you to assume I've not lived long enough to see it all, and bolder still to assume that one that's lived as long as I have has survived but not for lack of trying."

He left out a slight contradiction. Sunlight has always been a surefire way to destroy a vampire... When he tried it he was indeed destroyed, reduced to a burned out husk... But blood seeping into his remains eventually brought him back from even that fate... But perhaps he is the exception in that regard.
Vampirism is considered a curse even by many vampires, the hunger alone is often enough to drive a good person insane, the immortality is often considered a curse as well, especially to those who looked forward to a final resting place or paradise for their soul.

If vampirism were a curse, and yet so easily escaped through death, there would be far fewer vampires in the world today.

"Why are you in a mood this evening?"
He shrugged as he found his trousers on the floor and began pulling them on.
"Who knows, perhaps your succubus charms are affecting me? It wouldn't be the first time I've been led down uncertain paths by a woman."
He pulled his pants up and belted them in place, going over to a small table where he sat down, facing her.

"Awfully bold of you to assume I've not lived long enough to see it all, and bolder still to assume that one that's lived as long as I have has survived but not for lack of trying."

"I am nothing if not bold," Eleena said quietly to herself. He probably heard her little remark but she did not care at the moment. She was more curious with what had changed his attitude towards her so profoundly since the previous night. Was she bad in bed? Did he regret letting her live? Why did she care?

"Who knows, perhaps your succubus charms are affecting me? It wouldn't be the first time I've been led down uncertain paths by a woman."

Eleena did not avert her eyes from watching Gideon put his pants on. She could've done worse in a prison warden, she supposed.

"My charms? You are the one that forced me to come here or die. Perhaps you are the one who needs to check yourself and not blame others." She snapped at him.

Why did she snap at him so? She had no idea. Did she want him to kill her? That seemed plausible. It was better than whatever this attitude was. She wouldn't be able to bide her time long if that is what she had to deal with.

"I am nothing if not bold,"
That was for certain. A bold woman with a bold plan, admirable in some ways.
"My charms? You are the one that forced me to come here or die. Perhaps you are the one who needs to check yourself and not blame others." She snapped at him.
Hmmmm, was that her losing her temper? He'd be interested to see how far he could push her before she lashes out, and what would she try if she did lash out? He already knew she had good fight or flight instincts, but what would it take for her to test him head on?
"Are you so unaware of the effects your beauty has on those around you? Your lack of self-awareness is endearing, my dear."
He bit his lower lip as his red eyes ran over the shape of her curves hidden beneath the sheets.
She was indeed a desirable woman, but that alone would not save her. The most lovely of sirens have died by his hands, he wasn't a fool.
"However, what do I know? I am simply a blood drinker who's older than dirt. Perhaps my ideas of beauty are as antiquated as I am."

"Are you so unaware of the effects your beauty has on those around you? Your lack of self-awareness is endearing, my dear."

A younger, human Eleena would have stuck her tongue out at him but this was an older, vampire Eleena and she refrained. She chose to just ignore his comment instead. It seemed wiser.

"However, what do I know? I am simply a blood drinker who's older than dirt. Perhaps my ideas of beauty are as antiquated as I am."

Unfortunately...it was not a long lived silence.

Without a thought to her state of undress, she got out of bed and walked over to the small table he sat at. Her hands slammed down on its surface as she glared at him.

"What is your problem?!" Eleena practically yelled at him. "You have been a complete asshole since I woke up and according to my memory we had a fine night!"

"What is your problem?!" Eleena practically yelled at him. "You have been a complete asshole since I woke up and according to my memory we had a fine night!"
"Indeed, a fine night... As far as you can remember, you drank my blood, felt an erotic high and eventually everything went to a blissful black, passed out from pleasure, no doubt."
He placed his hands over hers on the table.
"However, I did nothing but set a stage that suggested what you expected to happen. Naked in my bed you assumed that we joined together and made love through the night, perhaps you even hoped we had..."

He met her gaze, not intimidated by her outrage.
"What you don't remember of last night is your full confession. You admitted everything to me and then tried to kill me before you succumbed to my spell, the interrogation is still underway, I am simply being thorough."
He revealed this to her, but didn't yet unlock her memories of the event. He had still more scenarios to play out with her, for his own sick enjoyment, for his own curiosity, and for a thorough investigation.

He knew she was guilty, but he had yet to decide if she was worth keeping alive in spite of her crusade... Perhaps letting her sleep for a century or two as punishment, or maybe keeping her by his side to serve him?
He had yet to decide.
When he finally did decide he would allow all of her memories to return.

"However, I did nothing but set a stage that suggested what you expected to happen. Naked in my bed you assumed that we joined together and made love through the night, perhaps you even hoped we had..."

Eleena was confused now. They had not done anything? A mixture of relief and disappointment crossed her features as she processed his words.

Had she hoped? No, that was absurd. She would continue to lie to herself for the rest of her days if she had to.

"What you don't remember of last night is your full confession. You admitted everything to me and then tried to kill me before you succumbed to my spell, the interrogation is still underway, I am simply being thorough."

His hands may have been over hers but she could have pulled away if she had wanted to. Eleena was just in shock now that she could not seem to move. Gideon had fucked with her mind and now he was admitting it which meant he intended to do it again.

“I…” Eleena began then stopped with a frown.

She what? Was she going to stomp out of here? Attack him? Tell him to not fuck with her mind? Eleena was at a loss for words. She was scared, truly scared, for the first time in his presence.

“I did not such thing. You would have killed me already!” Her tone was a accusatory but less assured than previously.

“What do you want from me?” Even less reassurance now.

“I did no such thing. You would have killed me already!” Her tone was a accusatory but less assured than previously.
"Maybe. Or maybe I proved myself powerful enough to keep my enemies closer than my friends."
He rubbed his thumbs over the backs of her hands. He didn't hold her there, but she might as well have been wrapped in chains and locked in an iron coffin for all the freedom she had.
“What do you want from me?” Even less reassurance now.
"What do I want from you? My dearest Eleena... It is you being interrogated here, and I will ask you my questions and learn the full truth, everything there is to know about you. And when I am done your fragmented memories will come together and you will know fully what I want."
He slid one hand up from her hand to her arm, then her shoulder, grazing up her neck to caress her cheek... And then brushing her hair back over her ear to put his fingers on her temple.

"A prisoner in your own mind..."
The fear he detected from her was rather satisfying.

Her entire body stiffened and she fought the urge to give in to him. She was strong, she was a hunter, she was not his toy.

Yes, she was.

“I…I…“ Eleena paused and put her hand on his his at her temples. “What if I wanted to change? To be with you?”

Did she mean it? She didn’t know. She liked being around him though. She was so torn on her feeling around him. She had wanted it to be true that they had slept together and it was now that she was admitting it.

• Sip
Reactions: Gideon Varnay
“I…I…“ Eleena paused and put her hand on his at her temples. “What if I wanted to change? To be with you?”
"Then I will know for certain by the time I'm done, and you will know for certain."
He rose from his seat and planted a kiss on her lips.
"I will know for certain what is in your heart and mind... Perhaps I will even learn more about myself in the process."

He kissed her again. His fang pricked her lip and she felt his euphoric venom enter her bloodstream.
For a man who's lived for so long and met nearly every type of person, he couldn't pretend that he's not met a woman like her, or done this similar scenario... Perhaps he was insane, but maybe he believed it would be different this time.

"You're about to sleep again... Any last words before you wake up a new Eleena that doesn't know what you know now?"

His kiss was soft and Eleena found herself leaning into it in spite of herself. She wanted him. She couldn’t help it. She hated herself for it as well.

She felt the sting of Gideon’s bite and she let out a soft mmmm. It already felt amazing as his venom rushed through her.

"You're about to sleep again... Any last words before you wake up a new Eleena that doesn't know what you know now?"

“What?” Eleena asked as his words sunk in. She didn’t want to go to sleep. She had just woken up.

“Please don’t make me forget, Gideon…” Her voice was soft and pleading.

• Cry
“Please don’t make me forget, Gideon…” Her voice was soft and pleading.
"Not until I'm sure..." His words were breathy against her lips.
He slid his fangs into her throat and drank from her, simultaneously casting his spell. To her perception she woke up with him in her bed and fell asleep again, only to wake up in the bed once again, alone in the bedroom.

She could smell fresh blood and hear it being poured into glasses in the main chamber.
Gideon would be standing at the tea table in his trousers and open shirt, pouring blood from a decanter into two crystal glass cups.
Sensing her movements he would speak to her.
"The sun is up, it is morning for the mortals up in the world."
He turned to her with a kind smile, "I went hunting before daybreak, it's fresh." He offered her a glass.
"I thought you might need it, I apologize, I can get carried away at times. You do have some fine blood."

• Stressed
Reactions: Edevonshire
"Not until I'm sure..."

"Please..."

Eleena closed her eyes as he bite into her throat. The shivers ran through her body as the euphoria rolled over her. She gripped his forearms and moaned softly as his venom took complete control of her.

"The sun is up, it is morning for the mortals up in the world."
He turned to her with a kind smile, "I went hunting before daybreak, it's fresh." He offered her a glass.
"I thought you might need it, I apologize, I can get carried away at times. You do have some fine blood."

It only felt like a second later that she woke up for the second time. She barely remembered falling back asleep but apparently she had. Had she slept all day and all night? Was she that exhausted from their activities? That would make sense since she probably did not sleep much.

"I did not mean to sleep that long," Eleena said as she pulled the covers back and sat up in the bed before getting up and walking over to Gideon.

He was wearing significantly more than she was but she did not care. He had obviously seen her naked already. Eleena took the glass from him and immediately brought it to her lips. She smiled as the fresh blood filled her mouth and the glass was gone rather quickly.

"Thank you," she said and set the glass down on the table. "I did, I guess. How much did you drink from me?"

There was no accusation in her voice. It was just a simple question. She did not know it but she was acting completely different than she had the first time she woke up.

"I did not mean to sleep that long," Eleena said as she pulled the covers back and sat up in the bed before getting up and walking over to Gideon.
"No worries, it's completely understandable, you've merely experienced what most thralls have. I would not blame you for feeling a little lethargy."
He was wearing significantly more than she was but she did not care. He had obviously seen her naked already. Eleena took the glass from him and immediately brought it to her lips. She smiled as the fresh blood filled her mouth and the glass was gone rather quickly.

"Thank you," she said and set the glass down on the table. "I did, I guess. How much did you drink from me?"
He watched her drain the glass, and there was a hungry look in his eyes when she set it down.
"Not nearly enough..."
He handed her the second glass before taking the decanter and refilling the first one, which he drained as well, and he was ready with the refills again until the decanter was empty.
"I don't think I drank more than a couple quarts from you... But I'm still ravenous from my centuries of slumber, it wasn't nearly enough."

Just as before, he didn't mind her nakedness... In fact, his eyes only seemed to be focused on her face and throat, but he made no move against her.

"I don't think I drank more than a couple quarts from you... But I'm still ravenous from my centuries of slumber, it wasn't nearly enough."

Her hand went to her neck to feel the bite marks that were no longer there before she drank the second glass of blood. She felt fine but she was hungry. She was pretty sure she could have drank the entire decanter.

Eleena gave Gideon a small smile and set the glass down. She noted that he was focused on her face and neck and nothing else.

“What?” She asked with a small twitch if her lips. The way he was staring was so intimate even if he was not looking at the rest of her body.

“What?”
What? The truth was that he wanted to drink her dry, the edge of his hunger was dulled by their recent feeding, but it still wasn't enough.

"You..."
He smiled as he leaned towards her, putting his face close to hers but not reaching for her or putting his arms around... Simply the proximity to her, he closed his eyes and breathed in through his nose, savoring the scent of her blood so close to him...

"Right now... Your blood is the most fulfilment you can offer me... But you need your strength, I cannot feed from you so now you stand before me, a temptation that I cannot partake..."
He opened his eyes and leaned back, tearing himself away from her and resting against the table.
"There is a masquerade scheduled for this evening, held in my honor, hosted at an estate outside the city. Another drop in the ocean that I must fill to reach my full strength..."

He picked up his glass and scooped some of the remaining blood off the side with his finger, licking it clean.
"I would consider it an honor if you would accompany me, milady, as my guest, as my companion. We can regain our strength together with the finest thralls to be found."
He now looked down at her nubile form appreciatively.
"While it would be a shame to hide your flawless curves, I think the lady of the house is offering a few evening dresses that would suit you quite nicely, especially with a little tailoring."
He set the crystal glass on the table and one fang poked out to lightly bite the bottom of his lip.
"But... That could wait, if you prefer..."

"Right now... Your blood is the most fulfilment you can offer me... But you need your strength, I cannot feed from you so now you stand before me, a temptation that I cannot partake..."

Gideon was so close to her that she froze as he breathed in. The amount of control he had astounded her because right now she was struggling not to sink her teeth into his neck.

"There is a masquerade scheduled for this evening, held in my honor, hosted at an estate outside the city. Another drop in the ocean that I must fill to reach my full strength..."

He picked up his glass and scooped some of the remaining blood off the side with his finger, licking it clean.
"I would consider it an honor if you would accompany me, milady, as my guest, as my companion. We can regain our strength together with the finest thralls to be found."

Eleena stiffened at his declaration. He wanted her to go to the masquerade as his companion. Was she that good in bed that he had changed his mind about her? No, that couldn't be it. Perhaps he just wanted to show off his killer and how he had her on a leash.

She would agree to go, of course. She wouldn't miss a chance to drink off the thralls like last time. It had been something she had never experienced and she wanted more.

"Yes, I would love to, Gideon," she finally answered with a small smile.

"While it would be a shame to hide your flawless curves, I think the lady of the house is offering a few evening dresses that would suit you quite nicely, especially with a little tailoring."
He set the crystal glass on the table and one fang poked out to lightly bite the bottom of his lip.
"But... That could wait, if you prefer..."

Eleena let our a small huff. She was certainly not going to be going to a masquerade in the nude and she was sure she could find a dress that showed off some of her curves.

"Mmmmm what do you have in mind?"

"Mmmmm what do you have in mind?"
He chuckled a little. She wanted him to say it aloud.
"I am merely suggesting. We have all day before the masquerade, and while I look forward to seeing what sort of dresses they have for you, we can forgo getting dressed altogether for the time being and fuck till the sun is low."
A different hunger was in his eyes now, but he didn't move from his spot.
"Since I cannot drink from you, perhaps you will let me indulge in your body on other ways?"

He offered, but he still made no move. If she wanted it as well, she will have to come to him to get it.

"I am merely suggesting. We have all day before the masquerade, and while I look forward to seeing what sort of dresses they have for you, we can forgo getting dressed altogether for the time being and fuck till the sun is low."

Chills ran down her spine and she felt a warmth flood her cold body. She may not like him and she may want to kill him but, fuck, she wanted him too. Was it again? She did not remember the previous evening so she was not sure.

"Since I cannot drink from you, perhaps you will let me indulge in your body on other ways?"

Her mind was telling her no but her body was not listening.

"Yes..."

Eleena stepped forward and brought her arms around his waist as she stood on her tiptoes to kiss him softly.

"Please..."

• Devil