Completed Blood & Lust

Three hunters entered the room and the shadows deepened, almost impenetrably so, even when one lit a torch it's light didn't go more than a few feet.

Only shafts of moonlight were visible in the darkness.

Gideon was still healing. Most of his internal organs had reconstructed themselves and were regaining muscle and skin, his lungs had regrown at this time with part of his esophagus, unbidden his lungs took a reflexive breath, which whistled hauntingly like the sound of a sad flute.
He immediately changed position as a hunter fired instinctually at the sound and a silver tipped bolt struck the wall a foot from where he had been.

In the same instant as the other two hunters turned to look, the one in the back was suddenly snatched by the shadows and yanked out of sight. He only had time to cry out briefly before Gideon had his fangs in the man's throat.

Blood went everywhere since he had no lips to catch it, but blood covered him, dripped over his damaged body and into his regrowing throat.
His flesh began to grow much quicker as the remaining two shot blindly into the darkness.
As a red eye regenerated in his skull, he looked about, wondering how Eleena would handle killing those she vowed to save.

Eleena watched from her spot as Gideon pulled one of the hunters from the other two. She took that as her opening to swope down, shift, and grab a second hunter. He was still shooting into the dark in the direction that he thought Gideon was.

She sank her fangs into the human male and fought the urge to moan loudly as the warm blood filled her mouth. She could taste his terror now and, fuck, it tasted good. She drained the man and dropped his body to the ground. Her eyes scanned the room for Gideon and the last human.

The. Last. Human.

Eleena felt like she was going to throw up then. She knew it was the right thing because they were trying to kill her but she had still killed a human.

Gideon drained his victim dry and dropped him to the floor. His face had finally begun to reconstitute itself and his hair regrew quickly.
He could sense her sudden mental shift in realization of what she had done.

There had been four total, and now two remained, one in the room with them holding a silver sword and waving a torch around, and one in the hall that must be the priest.

He still had only half of a vampiric grin when he stepped into the light of the torch.
Half of his face was smirking, the other half grinning demonically.

The hunter stumbled back and fled the room with a look of horror at the... Horror.
He joined the priest out in the hall, weapon raised.
The priest held a holy symbol confidently presented forward... A symbol of Sol'Nityr.

Gideon reached the doorway and stopped, the two humans watched in disgust as his face completely healed, finally back to his original state.
But Gideon didn't cross the threshold of the room he was in.
That symbol glowed bright as the sun to his eyes, the pure and holy golden light... Seemed to actually hold him at bey.

"Monster... Your kind are a plague on life, enemies of the world and of the gods!"
The priest took a step forward, causing Gideon to flinch... But he didn't stop smirking.
"Enemies of some gods, for certain... I'm old, I watched your temples being built and your artifacts being crafted. Thankfully, younger vampires these days don't seem to share a healthy fear of the divine."
He grinned now, knowing that the holy symbol would not be able to stop Eleena... And a frightened hunter with a sword would be no match for her.

Eleena had been close behind Gideon when her stopped at the door. She could sense another human now. The fourth one. There were two humans left alive. She could just let them kill Gideon right then and there. He seemed to be frozen and she was wondering what had him spooked.

"Monster... Your kind are a plague on life, enemies of the world and of the gods!"
The priest took a step forward, causing Gideon to flinch... But he didn't stop smirking.
"Enemies of some gods, for certain... I'm old, I watched your temples being built and your artifacts being crafted. Thankfully, younger vampires these days don't seem to share a healthy fear of the divine."

Yes, they were a plague on life but she could kill so many more than these little humans could. They were nothing compared to her. There were four of them and they could not defeat two vampires. How could they do any good? They couldn't! Only Eleena could!

Her ears perked at Gideon's words. Oh yes, she had never believed in the gods to begin with so when she turned, it did not do much to her in the divine way.

Eleena streaked past Gideon and latched onto the neck of the human with the holy symbol.

• Devil
Reactions: Gideon Varnay
The holy symbol fell out of his hands when Eleena attacked him. He screamed and went down with Eleena on top of him.

Gideon kicked the symbol into the shadows and caught the wrist of the final hunter before he could bring his silver sword down on Eleena.
With a quick twist he snapped his wrist, making him scream in agony before he too went down with Gideon in his throat.
He drank deeply, and drank the hunter dry so that he was a shriveled grey husk if a corpse.

Gideon wiped his lips and licked the blood off of his fingers as he stood up and approached Eleena.
He gently touched her shoulder and offered his hand to help her up once she was done feeding.

He was smiling at her.

"We make a good team, mistress Eleena."

Eleena stared at the dead man on the floor and felt like she was going to throw up. She had killed two humans. She had justified it and she knew it was her or them but that did not change the feeling of revolt.

She was a monster.

A hand touched her shoulder and she flinched away instinctually. The young vampire looked up sadly at the smiling face of her real target.

"We make a good team, mistress Eleena."

"What the fuck was that?" She asked as she stood up and wiped the blood off of her mouth.

He could sense her termoil, bubbling like a kettle and boiling over.
She was violating her vow by killing these humans. Killing vampires was her whole reason for living… perhaps she hadn’t realized yet, that the path to killing Gideon, will be littered with more mortal bodies than she could count and by the end… would it actually be worth it?

"What the fuck was that?"
He was taken aback slightly by her question, but he comprehended quickly.
“Ah, you’re referring to his holy symbol? Call it a phobia, an unreasoning fear. Philosophers debated for hundreds of years on the very topic, perhaps it’s a result of being such an unholy creature for so long, perhaps it’s a result of being away from the sun for so long… the reason is unknown, but there are several strains of vampirism that find the sight of holy relics repulsive.”

He offered her his hand again. He was slowly arming her for the day that she’ll make her move against him, he knew it.
Maybe she’ll have a fighting chance?
“Nothing you obviously need to be concerned about. Your lack of faith has provided you with a shield, at least for now.”

Last edited:
“Ah, you’re referring to his holy symbol? Call it a phobia, an unreasoning fear. Philosophers debated for hundreds of years on the very topic, perhaps it’s a result of being such an unholy creature for so long, perhaps it’s a result of being away from the sun for so long… the reason is unknown, but there are several strains of vampirism that find the sight of holy relics repulsive.”
“Nothing you obviously need to be concerned about. Your lack of faith has provided you with a shield, at least for now.”

Eleena was not referring to the holy symbol but that was good information to know for future reference.

"No, I was talking about this whole situation," she said as she put her hand in his.

Eleena stood and smoothed out her dress before looking at his back to normal face.

"This ambush...what the fuck happened here?"

Eleena was not referring to the holy symbol but that was good information to know for future reference.

"No, I was talking about this whole situation," she said as she put her hand in his.

Eleena stood and smoothed out her dress before looking at his back to normal face.

"This ambush...what the fuck happened here?"
“Ah, I see. Well… either this was poor humor on our hosts part, or these hunters found out about this place on their own.”
He indicated that it was likely the latter, the vampire butler was completely unaware of the attack.

He straightened his clothes and tucked her hand in his elbow once again.
“Well, I can say this for sure. These fools have certainly made me quite hungry. I hope the refreshments inside are more satisfying. Adrenaline laden blood is a unique flavor for sure, but I prefer a hint of arousal.”

He led the way to where the butler was taking them, a room with a wide cellar door that might have led down to the mansions wine cellar.
Not feeling very patient at the moment he shoved his claws through the thick wooden trapdoor and tore it off of its hinges, tossing it aside before helping Eleena descend the steep steps.

The stairway opened up into a wide room, similarly lit like the first bloodbath they attended together.
With candles strewn about to cast weak and flickering shadows.
The area was cleared of any aged wine caskets and made a wide dance floor ringed by cushioned couches and chairs.
Vampires had stopped dancing when they heard the door pulled from its hinges.

Gideon and Eleena stood at the bottom of the stairway with all eyes on them and no butler to introduce them.

“Ah, I see. Well… either this was poor humor on our hosts part, or these hunters found out about this place on their own.”

Eleena did not care for his flippant attitude but she did not saw anything more on the matter.

“Well, I can say this for sure. These fools have certainly made me quite hungry. I hope the refreshments inside are more satisfying. Adrenaline laden blood is a unique flavor for sure, but I prefer a hint of arousal.”

She was still irritated with everything and she really did not feel like going to the party anymore. She was not in the mood to have fun or anything else now. She wanted to go home and be miserable.

Eleena felt prickles roll down her back when Gideon said hints of arousal. Fuck, he had a terrible effect on her. Now she just wanted to feel his lips on her neck before he replaced them with his fangs.

She stayed quiet as he helped her down the steep steps. As everyone in the cellar looked up at the two of them, she just smiled and licked the blood off her lips.

"I never realized how much killing would make me want to rip your clothes of," she said through her smile. "Right here in front of everyone..."

Eleena realized then that she was irritated with the fact that she was not wanting to end her own life right now.

• Devil
Eleena did not care for his flippant attitude but she did not saw anything more on the matter.

She was still irritated with everything and she really did not feel like going to the party anymore. She was not in the mood to have fun or anything else now. She wanted to go home and be miserable.

Eleena felt prickles roll down her back when Gideon said hints of arousal. Fuck, he had a terrible effect on her. Now she just wanted to feel his lips on her neck before he replaced them with his fangs.

She stayed quiet as he helped her down the steep steps. As everyone in the cellar looked up at the two of them, she just smiled and licked the blood off her lips.

"I never realized how much killing would make me want to rip your clothes of," she said through her smile. "Right here in front of everyone..."

Eleena realized then that she was irritated with the fact that she was not wanting to end her own life right now.
Gideon was also smiling, his mind probing the vampires gathered here to see how much they knew about the attack.
All but one only detected the blood they spilled, that one… the host… knew about the attack, and once Gideon was satisfied that he had also orchestrated it, he no longer felt bad for their disruptive entry.

He leaned towards Eleena, “You walk with me tonight. No rules are a barrier for you.”
The hosts mind was nervous. He was an elder but on the younger side of four millennium.
His little joke to greet Gideon and his guest was in poor taste, and now he feared that they would take revenge… which is exactly what Gideon had in mind, but not in the way that their host imagined.

Vampires were a depraved creature. Living so long could become so boring, and attending the same old parties got tedious. In that regard Gideon could appreciate the hosts joke, it changed things up a bit, but it didn’t sit well with Eleena, so it didn’t sit well with Gideon.
It was time to switch things up for everyone else now… they just needed some coaxing.

The gala had a rousing success for the guests but not so much for the original host who had decided to spring the hunters on Gideon and Eleena. If nothing else, Eleena knew that Gideon did not take kindly to people messing with her. His petty revenge has turned into a beautiful evening all around.

Once they were settled into the carriage, Eleena took Gideons hand in her own. She was not sure why she was compelled to confess things to him but she felt like they had become a true pair tonight. Something more than their activities had happened tonight. They had a connection. Well…she felt like they did.

“Gideon…I need to tell you something…well…first…”
her sentence was filled with pauses as she tried to pinpoint the words she was looking for.

“Will you protect me? Even if I confess?”

• Bless
It was indeed a wild evening, everyone had fun... At least, everyone who mattered.

When they came out Gideon helped her into the carriage first before climbing in himself and they started their journey home.

“Gideon…I need to tell you something…well…first…” her sentence was filled with pauses as she tried to pinpoint the words she was looking for.

“Will you protect me? Even if I confess?”
He met her eyes and put his hands over hers.
His eyes told her that he suspected that he already knew what she was going to say and his face grew serious.
"Eleena Devonshire. I will protect you for as long as you are within my power to protect. No confession you give me now will change how I feel about you."

His answer was purposely vague. On one hand the Undernation demanded justice, on the other hand they had no authority to gainsay him if he chose deny them... However, it could be seen as an abuse of his power and the Undernation may rise up. For him to commit one way or the other was dangerous.

"Eleena Devonshire. I will protect you for as long as you are within my power to protect. No confession you give me now will change how I feel about you."

Eleena looked down at Gideon's hand on hers and then back up to his face.

"I killed my sire, I killed those vampires, I have killed many others, and I planned to kill you," she paused and closed her eyes for a moment.

She had never told anyone these things. She never thought that she would tell that man that was holding her life in his hands.

"But something has changed...I have no idea what but I have no desire to kill you. I am enjoying being a vampire for the first time ever."

Her eyes implored him for leniency and forgiveness. She would not blame him if he killed her right here and now.

• Aww
Eleena looked down at Gideon's hand on hers and then back up to his face.

"I killed my sire, I killed those vampires, I have killed many others, and I planned to kill you," she paused and closed her eyes for a moment.

She had never told anyone these things. She never thought that she would tell that man that was holding her life in his hands.

"But something has changed...I have no idea what but I have no desire to kill you. I am enjoying being a vampire for the first time ever."

Her eyes implored him for leniency and forgiveness. She would not blame him if he killed her right here and now.
He smiled kindly at her, as if he already knew... Indeed he did, she had told him as much herself before he locked away her memories.

Now what lay before him was a choice... To take her memories again and pursue her confession from a different route... Or to make his own confession.
Even a true confession could be a ruse to get him to lower his guard... He wasn't paranoid, he even welcomed the idea of death at her hand if it came to it... If she could really pull it off as she claims.

But there will always be an underlying mistrust... An asking of "when?" Not "if."
But really... How certain can anyone be, even humans?
But also, there was still a bit of a test left for her...
In the end, his decision was an easy one.

Without a word he reached up and placed his thumb on the center of her forehead.
Then, like he was wiping away a smudge, her removed the locks that kept her memories hidden from her, and it would all rush back at once, like the crack of a whip.

Eleena was confused when he touched her forehead but it was short lived as she closed her eyes and gasped.

She looked at Gideon in horror as memories came flooding back to her. She opened her mouth and closed it several times before she pulled her hand from his and tried to scoot away. There was not very much room for her to run away from him. She just stared at him in horror.

"What the fuck, Gideon?!" She yelled at him. She was livid now.

He had tricked her before he locked away the memories so she would have no idea. All this time he knew the truth and he had been playing her.

• Cry
Gideon simply sat there silently as she took her hand away.
He leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, steepling his fingers as he waited for her to process her full memories.

He didn't look at her and he didn't move towards her. He simply waited for whatever came next.

Maybe she'll ask why I did it?
Maybe she'll just scream and curse at me?
Maybe she'll attack me... Nah, she remembers how that worked out for her last time.
Maybe she'll sit in silence the rest of the ride home, give me the silent treatment?
Or... Who knows? Maybe she'll actually see herself clearly in full light of what she believed at her most self-righteous point?
Maybe she'll finally see me as the monster I keep warning her about?

Last edited:
Gideon didn't answer her.

He just looked defeated.

Eleena needed to know why he had done it. No...she knew why. He did not want to kill her and he had hope that she would change her mind. It was that or he was a monster and just enjoyed playing games with her. It didn't make sense to show her this now.

"Why, Gideon?"

Gideon didn't answer her.

He just looked defeated.

Eleena needed to know why he had done it. No...she knew why. He did not want to kill her and he had hope that she would change her mind. It was that or he was a monster and just enjoyed playing games with her. It didn't make sense to show her this now.

"Why, Gideon?"
He looked up at her question and met her eyes, even if she didn't want to meet his gaze, but only his eyes moved.
"The answer is 'Both', Eleena."
He spoke in response to her thoughts instead of her words.
"I did it because I don't want to kill you, because I wanted you to change and turn away from this path that would only lead to your destruction whether you fail or succeed..."
He maintained eye contact with her, his red eyes glowing in the darkness and a flicker like a flame stirred in the depths of his gaze.
"... And I did it because I am a monster, Eleena. I've never hidden that fact from you, I've said it to your face and you didn't run, you didn't believe me as I knew you wouldn't. Because I read the minds of others like open books and manipulate them for my pleasure... And yet I released you, so perhaps I'm not as much of a monster as even I believe myself to be."

He unsteepled his fingers and leaned back in his seat, still staring at her.
"I showed you the truth now, because I felt that you deserved it. I believe you were honest with yourself when you confessed your crimes and threw yourself on my mercy, that you were honest with yourself when you said that you enjoyed being a vampire..."
He leaned forward in his seat and steepled his fingers again, still staring and apparently watching for something.
"... And now, with your full self and memories intact... We shall see if that is still true."

"The answer is 'Both', Eleena."

Eleena's red eyes locked on his. She really did not like the fact that he could read her thoughts at any time he pleased.

"I did it because I don't want to kill you, because I wanted you to change and turn away from this path that would only lead to your destruction whether you fail or succeed..."
He maintained eye contact with her, his red eyes glowing in the darkness and a flicker like a flame stirred in the depths of his gaze.
"... And I did it because I am a monster, Eleena. I've never hidden that fact from you, I've said it to your face and you didn't run, you didn't believe me as I knew you wouldn't. Because I read the minds of others like open books and manipulate them for my pleasure... And yet I released you, so perhaps I'm not as much of a monster as even I believe myself to be."

At least her thoughts were spot on, she thought to herself bitterly. She found it hard to be mad at him. He was a monster but he was her monster.

"I showed you the truth now, because I felt that you deserved it. I believe you were honest with yourself when you confessed your crimes and threw yourself on my mercy, that you were honest with yourself when you said that you enjoyed being a vampire..."
He leaned forward in his seat and steepled his fingers again, still staring and apparently watching for something.
"... And now, with your full self and memories intact... We shall see if that is still true."

Eleena finally moved closer to Gideon again. Her hand settled on top of his steepled fingers and she just smiled sadly at him.

"You are the reason, Gideon. You have changed something in me and the thought of losing you is painful," her confessions were just continuing tonight.

"Tonight...I..." she let out a frustrated groan. "I felt like there was a new connection between us. Also, you barely knew me so why did you care about killing me or not?"

Eleena's red eyes locked on his. She really did not like the fact that he could read her thoughts at any time he pleased.

At least her thoughts were spot on, she thought to herself bitterly. She found it hard to be mad at him. He was a monster but he was her monster.

Eleena finally moved closer to Gideon again. Her hand settled on top of his steepled fingers and she just smiled sadly at him.
"You are the reason, Gideon. You have changed something in me and the thought of losing you is painful," her confessions were just continuing tonight.

"Tonight...I..." she let out a frustrated groan. "I felt like there was a new connection between us. Also, you barely knew me so why did you care about killing me or not?"
He was slightly incredulous about this.
"Eleena. All I did was fuck you senseless, what you felt was most likely orgasm, and now you probably associate me with the idea of intense pleasure. That's not indicative of a connection, more like an addiction."

He regarded her hands over his, still making no move towards her or holding her hands, but he broke eye contact.
"As for your second question. I didn't care about killing you till I got to know you. At the beginning you were a plaything, a pretty piece of art that would be a waste to destroy, but not a huge loss. But you became a person in my eyes, so I decided to take your situation seriously... I even love you, lust for you, desire for you, and ultimately I came to hope for you."

He moved his hands away from hers.
"If a creature wants to die they had better die with absolutely nothing to live for, or something to die for. Otherwise that death is pure selfishness and spite.

"Take the hunters we killed, they had something to die for and knew the risks of their profession and accepted them. That is a good death, even if they didn't live to see their end goal achieved, they died well."

He looked back at her, an unmistakable sadness in his eyes.
"But the death you sought... You didn't care, you just hoped to take as many vampires as you could with you before the end. You didn't do this for humanity, you barely hesitated to kill humans to achieve your revenge, to get closer to me... All pure selfishness. I couldn't abide it."

"Eleena. All I did was fuck you senseless, what you felt was most likely orgasm, and now you probably associate me with the idea of intense pleasure. That's not indicative of a connection, more like an addiction."

Eleena did not pull her hand from his but she wanted to. He was so flippant and she knew what she was talking about. She was not some naïve child that had never been with anyone before. She let him look away from her before she looked down again.

He regarded her hands over his, still making no move towards her or holding her hands, but he broke eye contact.
"As for your second question. I didn't care about killing you till I got to know you. At the beginning you were a plaything, a pretty piece of art that would be a waste to destroy, but not a huge loss. But you became a person in my eyes, so I decided to take your situation seriously... I even love you, lust for you, desire for you, and ultimately I came to hope for you."

I even love you...

The rest of the words before and after that faded away.

He moved his hands away from hers.
"If a creature wants to die they had better die with absolutely nothing to live for, or something to die for. Otherwise that death is pure selfishness and spite.

"Take the hunters we killed, they had something to die for and knew the risks of their profession and accepted them. That is a good death, even if they didn't live to see their end goal achieved, they died well."
He looked back at her, an unmistakable sadness in his eyes.
"But the death you sought... You didn't care, you just hoped to take as many vampires as you could with you before the end. You didn't do this for humanity, you barely hesitated to kill humans to achieve your revenge, to get closer to me... All pure selfishness. I couldn't abide it."

Eleena knew he was speaking but her mind was stuck somewhere else. Something about selfish and revenge. Gideon finally stopped talking and the look of sadness in his eyes hurt her heart.

"You love me?"

Eleena did not pull her hand from his but she wanted to. He was so flippant and she knew what she was talking about. She was not some naïve child that had never been with anyone before. She let him look away from her before she looked down again.

I even love you...

The rest of the words before and after that faded away.

Eleena knew he was speaking but her mind was stuck somewhere else. Something about selfish and revenge. Gideon finally stopped talking and the look of sadness in his eyes hurt her heart.
"You love me?"
Gideon blinked.
She hadn't heard a word he said.

"Eleena. Of course I love you. I wouldn't protect you if I didn't, I wouldn't return your memories if I didn't, I wouldn't fuck you in public at a high class party if I didn't, and I wouldn't have done what I did to save you from yourself if I didn't love you."
He spoke in all seriousness, he didn't smile but rather seemed to implore her to take his words seriously in their full gravity.

"Eleena. Of course I love you. I wouldn't protect you if I didn't, I wouldn't return your memories if I didn't, I wouldn't fuck you in public at a high class party if I didn't, and I wouldn't have done what I did to save you from yourself if I didn't love you."

Gideon spoke the words so surely. The problem was that Eleena had never been loved before. Well…not by someone who wasn’t family and that had been but a blimp in her existence. She didn’t understand how he could love her especially since he knew her truth and what her plans were. She didn’t understand how anyone could love her.

“But…why?” She asked tentatively.

He had answered why he hadn’t killed her outright but she wanted to know why he loved her. How could he love her. She was a self righteous bitch who had every intention to murder him and he knew it. It made no sense.

Gideon spoke the words so surely. The problem was that Eleena had never been loved before. Well…not by someone who wasn’t family and that had been but a blimp in her existence. She didn’t understand how he could love her especially since he knew her truth and what her plans were. She didn’t understand how anyone could love her.

“But…why?” She asked tentatively.

He had answered why he hadn’t killed her outright but she wanted to know why he loved her. How could he love her. She was a self righteous bitch who had every intention to murder him and he knew it. It made no sense.
"By the gods..."
He rolled his eyes and looked at the ceiling of the carriage for a moment.
"Why do I love you?"
He looked at her again, he seemed to be getting a little frustrated with this line of questioning.
"Because I want to, because I choose to love you. That is my commitment, it's not as fickle or flighty as a feeling we call "love", which if mortals we're honest with themselves could be any number of things from lust to addiction to a flight of fancy based on preference."

He still held back from her, not touching her on his own even though he looked at her again.
"I love you because you are worthy of love, and you won't turn away my affection."