Completed Blood & Lust

"Oh, you have no idea. By the end of this night you will know that I am a manipulative bastard and I'm quite accustomed to getting what I want... Or perhaps you are the catalyst for change in my Unlife."

Shivers ran down Eleena's spine at his words. She would gladly give him what he wanted and he did not have to manipulate her at all. She could feel her plans start to splitter with every passing thought she had about him. She needed to reel it in before it was too late.

"Something about myself? Hmmm... I suppose it should come as little surprise, but my favorite little factoid I share about myself is that even I have lost track of how old I am. I can't even remember how old I was when I lost count of the ages... Long stretches if sleep where time passed quickly for me, awakening in times of darkness where nobody kept score of the age or the date and nobody could tell me how long I've been asleep... Sooner or later I simply gave up, didn't worry about it anymore. I take each new age as a fresh new start."

"Interesting but that does make sense. When you are asleep, you cannot keep track of time properly. We shall say you are very old and slightly wise," she winked at him.

"But, seriously," Eleena said with a more slightly more serious tone. "I find it interesting that you are able to sleep and survive without blood. I had never heard of that until you."

"Interesting but that does make sense. When you are asleep, you cannot keep track of time properly. We shall say you are very old and slightly wise," she winked at him.
He laughed aloud at her joke, "I am honored to be considered even slightly wise, if by gaining even a fraction of wisdom has led me to this point... With you."
He squeezed her hand meaningfully as she had yet to release it.

"But, seriously," Eleena said with a more slightly more serious tone. "I find it interesting that you are able to sleep and survive without blood. I had never heard of that until you."
He looked slightly surprised, "Really? It was common practice for as long as I could remember. Granted it is usually only used by the eldest of vampires who have grown tired of immortality... In essence it is the closest thing to death we ever get to experience short of being outright killed.
Younger vampires, even those who've lived a millennia are usually still too in love with the idea of living forever that they don't want to miss a moment of it.

It's a discipline as well. Essentially you lock yourself away and let yourself starve to the point where you are incapable of moving or doing anything, simply starving yourself doesn't kill a vampire, but the consequence is a state of aestivation, hibernation of a sort. And without blood they will never awaken again."

He absently entertained their fingers together, trying different combinations of locking their fingers together.
"Of course, any vampire found in this state is vulnerable, weakened and unable to defend themselves. A stake to the heart could crumble the vampire to dust in that state, as could sunlight or incineration in fire."
He smiled at her.
"That's why we have to be careful to hide our resting places. I've no doubt a large reason I've survived this long has been my skill in hiding myself and my resting places."

"I am honored to be considered even slightly wise, if by gaining even a fraction of wisdom has led me to this point... With you."

Eleena just rolled her eyes at him. That was super corny and he had to know it.

"Really? It was common practice for as long as I could remember. Granted it is usually only used by the eldest of vampires who have grown tired of immortality... In essence it is the closest thing to death we ever get to experience short of being outright killed.
Younger vampires, even those who've lived a millennia are usually still too in love with the idea of living forever that they don't want to miss a moment of it.

It's a discipline as well. Essentially you lock yourself away and let yourself starve to the point where you are incapable of moving or doing anything, simply starving yourself doesn't kill a vampire, but the consequence is a state of aestivation, hibernation of a sort. And without blood they will never awaken again."

She supposed that made sense. For her, she wanted to die once she felt her goal was complete. She could understand why others would just want to get away for a few thousand years or so. The world probably got boring after a bit.

"Of course, any vampire found in this state is vulnerable, weakened and unable to defend themselves. A stake to the heart could crumble the vampire to dust in that state, as could sunlight or incineration in fire."
He smiled at her.
"That's why we have to be careful to hide our resting places. I've no doubt a large reason I've survived this long has been my skill in hiding myself and my resting places."

A dark brow rose as he spoke of weakened states. If she could find the resting places of old vampires, she could wipe out powerful ones without having to exert very much energy. Yes, that sounded lovely. She would start the hunt once she was done with Gideon.

"Yes, I can imagine that would be a secret to be closely guarded. I am sure some enemies would love to know where they could easily strike their target."

Gideon was still playing with their intertwined fingers and she couldn't help but laugh. "Are you having fun, my dear?" She asked with that beautiful smile back on her face.

They weren't even to the party and she was already having a great night.

"Yes, I can imagine that would be a secret to be closely guarded. I am sure some enemies would love to know where they could easily strike their target."

Gideon was still playing with their intertwined fingers and she couldn't help but laugh. "Are you having fun, my dear?" She asked with that beautiful smile back on her face.
He chuckled and tried another combination.
"I am, I think this is the most chaste thing I've ever done with a woman and enjoyed it immensely."
He loved her smile, especially with her fangs.
He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it.

"I am, I think this is the most chaste thing I've ever done with a woman and enjoyed it immensely."

Eleena let out another laugh but did not take her hand back.

"You are quite adorable sometimes, Gideon," she couldn't help it. He was reminding her of that first crush she had when she was a teenaged human. So many lifetimes ago now.

"I truly thought I would hate you more," Eleena said with a small (almost) bashful smile. "You are not the worst jailer I could have..."

She realized that sounded rude and immediately spoke again.

"Sorry, that was rude...I didn't mean it like that..."

Eleena let out another laugh but did not take her hand back.

"You are quite adorable sometimes, Gideon," she couldn't help it. He was reminding her of that first crush she had when she was a teenaged human. So many lifetimes ago now.
He chuckled again, there wasn't a more appropriate response.
He was enjoying spending time with her, just existing together. Not fucking, not fighting... Just whiling away a long ride together with sweet nothings.
"I truly thought I would hate you more," Eleena said with a small (almost) bashful smile. "You are not the worst jailer I could have..."

She realized that sounded rude and immediately spoke again.

"Sorry, that was rude...I didn't mean it like that..."
He shook his head dismissively. He knew what she meant.
"The shackles must remain a bit longer, my dear... But when they come off then nothing will come between us."
It sounded rather committed on his part, like a declaration of love, but he wasn't concerned.

If at some point he were to realize that he was serious in this moment, he wouldn't be surprised or disappointed. She was especially beautiful when she forgot about her vendetta and her intent to kill him... She was more free when she was simply enjoying herself.

He found something else to play with while they waited for the carriage to reach it's destination.
Her hair, his fingers found a trailing lock of hair and he began to twist and twirl it through his fingers.

"The shackles must remain a bit longer, my dear... But when they come off then nothing will come between us."

Eleena smiled at him sadly. There would always be something between them. Her wanting to murder him.

It did not matter that she forgot her vendetta sometimes. It always came back eventually. She always remembered eventually. It would be something he said or something he did that would bring her back to her actual objective.

She laughed as he started to twirl her hair in his fingers. The sound was sweet and melodic.

"So you do not remember how old you are...tell me something else. We need something to talk about on this ridiculously long trip."

"So you do not remember how old you are...tell me something else. We need something to talk about on this ridiculously long trip."
"Hmmm... Something else about me... Well, I've probably tried everything at least once. Worshipped as a god by indigenous people, ruled a country, I even became a high priest of Astra at one point. Been married several times, no children except those I've turned. I've written books on various topics from history to magic to fiction, I've composed lyrics and songs, poems and prose. I've been the jester, the steward, the stable boy, the Lord, the knight... It's just as difficult to think of something I haven't done or someone I haven't been as it is to list everything I've done and every role I've ever played."

He continued to play with her hair as he listed off his litany of roles.
"What about you? You've been alive for quite some time yourself, I'm sure you've had to move around and change your profession at least a few times."

"Hmmm... Something else about me... Well, I've probably tried everything at least once. Worshipped as a god by indigenous people, ruled a country, I even became a high priest of Astra at one point. Been married several times, no children except those I've turned. I've written books on various topics from history to magic to fiction, I've composed lyrics and songs, poems and prose. I've been the jester, the steward, the stable boy, the Lord, the knight... It's just as difficult to think of something I haven't done or someone I haven't been as it is to list everything I've done and every role I've ever played."

With his list of things that he had done, she felt like a failure. She had a good little pet for two hundred years and the last seventeen were spent killing vampires. She had not done anything with her undead life and now that she thought about it, she was a little sad by that.

No...she had done stuff. She had rid the world of many vampires. She had done good and nothing to just pass the time. No, she was fine.

"What about you? You've been alive for quite some time yourself, I'm sure you've had to move around and change your profession at least a few times."

She looked up at Gideon and debated what to answer with since she did not really have an answer.

"I was a good little house vampire for two hundred years, Gideon. He was afraid that I would run off and tell people what he did to me," she looked away from him with a sad smile. A genuine one. "Like vampires would care..."

Those last words were much quieter than the previous ones. She had no doubt he had heard them though.

"I was a good little house vampire for two hundred years, Gideon. He was afraid that I would run off and tell people what he did to me," she looked away from him with a sad smile. A genuine one. "Like vampires would care..."
They were back on the somber topic.
"You would most often be right, Eleena. Any vampire that hasn't been in your place likely won't feel any sympathy, they likely would even argue that your sire had a right to use you as he did... I suppose it's just your luck you met me."
He matched her sad smile.

As he just explained to her, he'd done nearly everything under the sun... And that included a time when he simply didn't care about anything or anyone but himself, and used people just like her sire used her.
Guilty... But guilt didn't do his victims any good. Death suited his crimes, but it's not found him yet... So all he could do was endure until death took him, and no creature could carry guilt around forever.

"Still... It's a shame you've not been allowed to truly live even after death. Many a fledgling have achieved immortality only for all of the joy and power to be stripped away."
He found her hand again and squeezed it reassuringly.
"We don't get tired, so we can dance till the houses turn to dust around us. We don't die, so we can watch a thousand moons in all of their phases cross the sky."
He kissed her hand again.
"We can make love till the bed breaks beneath us and the sheets have worn to threads. We can drink blood till nothing can overcome our power, and we can rule the night for a thousand years while the mortals sleep peacefully in their beds, growing old and birthing their young and dying while we sleep in our bed... Ageless observers and admirers of life."

"You would most often be right, Eleena. Any vampire that hasn't been in your place likely won't feel any sympathy, they likely would even argue that your sire had a right to use you as he did... I suppose it's just your luck you met me."

Hmph...lucky, Eleena thought. She did not voice that thought though. How did they always come back to her past?

"Still... It's a shame you've not been allowed to truly live even after death. Many a fledgling have achieved immortality only for all of the joy and power to be stripped away."

"I have forever now, I suppose," she said as he squeezed her hand. She did not understand why she felt safe with him. Safe and comfortable.

No. Stop. You are here to kill him.

She had to keep reminding herself of the mission. She could not fall for this monster.

"We don't get tired, so we can dance till the houses turn to dust around us. We don't die, so we can watch a thousand moons in all of their phases cross the sky."
He kissed her hand again.
"We can make love till the bed breaks beneath us and the sheets have worn to threads. We can drink blood till nothing can overcome our power, and we can rule the night for a thousand years while the mortals sleep peacefully in their beds, growing old and birthing their young and dying while we sleep in our bed... Ageless observers and admirers of life."

As Gideon spoke, Eleena played the scenes in her head. It seemed like a magical life and in those scenes it was them together. Gideon and Eleena together. He was not dead and neither was she.

"You said you were married before...where they human?" She was not sure why she asked that but he was not married now so perhaps they had grown old and died. "I have never been in love..."

"You said you were married before...were they human?" She was not sure why she asked that but he was not married now so perhaps they had grown old and died.
He was thoughtful for a moment.
"Some were. As I said, I was once a ruler of a country, so I married for political reasons in that regard. It wasn't bad, I think there was true love at times. I only changed a few of my lovers, over time they were killed, some came to resent me and I've lost track of them through the ages, though I doubt they survived to this age.
I've been in vampire Nobility for quite some time, so I've married other vampires in that regard as well. Some marriages were better than others, it depended on myself and the woman I was with."

His red eyes seemed to shift with each memory. Some sad, some happy or bittersweet.

"I have never been in love..."
He refocused his red eyes on her again.
"That's truly a shame..."
He smiled almost wistfully.
"... There is nothing like it in all of Arethil, even blood is bland in comparison."
He closed his eyes and let go of her hand and hair, leaning back in his seat.
"When there is such a thing as being in love in this world... It makes living this long such a bittersweet blessing, to have experienced it and lost it so many times."

"Some were. As I said, I was once a ruler of a country, so I married for political reasons in that regard. It wasn't bad, I think there was true love at times. I only changed a few of my lovers, over time they were killed, some came to resent me and I've lost track of them through the ages, though I doubt they survived to this age.
I've been in vampire Nobility for quite some time, so I've married other vampires in that regard as well. Some marriages were better than others, it depended on myself and the woman I was with."

Eleena found that she liked listening to Gideon talk about his past. She liked watching his face as he remembered different moments. He had certainly had a fulfilled life and he still had more ahead of him. He was fascinating.

"That's truly a shame..."
He smiled almost wistfully.
"... There is nothing like it in all of Arethil, even blood is bland in comparison."
He closed his eyes and let go of her hand and hair, leaning back in his seat.
"When there is such a thing as being in love in this world... It makes living this long such a bittersweet blessing, to have experienced it and lost it so many times."

"Maybe one day I will find it," Eleena finally spoke again. He voice was a little sad again.

She knew she would never have love. She would have lust and she would probably like some of her targets more than others but she would never be around long enough to love.

"I doubt it but it could happen, I guess," she looked out the window again and let out a long breath. She didn't need to breath but it was nice to have that response available sometimes.

Eleena found that she liked listening to Gideon talk about his past. She liked watching his face as he remembered different moments. He had certainly had a fulfilled life and he still had more ahead of him. He was fascinating.

"Maybe one day I will find it," Eleena finally spoke again. He voice was a little sad again.

She knew she would never have love. She would have lust and she would probably like some of her targets more than others but she would never be around long enough to love.

"I doubt it but it could happen, I guess," she looked out the window again and let out a long breath. She didn't need to breath but it was nice to have that response available sometimes.
He opened his eyes and smiled at the profile view of her face as she gazed out the window.
The beauty of a vampire was both feral and refined, just as he remembered her soft lips on him, he could imagine those fangs hidden behind them tearing through flesh and bone.
"Sometimes love finds us on its own..."

Just a little nugget... Something to think on.
The wagon turned from the main path and passed through an archway gate overgrown with grape vines.

The sun had gone down and the driver lit lamps on the wagon to see the way.
Gideon looked out the window and up ahead beyond a winding path there was an old stone mansion just as overgrown as the gates with vines and lichen.
"Seems we've arrived, mistress Eleena."

"Sometimes love finds us on its own..."

Eleena looked back at Gideon and set a hand on his thigh with a smile. "Sometimes..."

"Seems we've arrived, mistress Eleena."

"Good, my ass is starting to hurt," she teased and leaned over to kiss him softly. "Do I have to issue any threats to you about fucking other women tonight?" She was a little more serious now. They weren't together but she still wouldn't watch him be with anyone else while she was there and available.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Gideon Varnay
Eleena looked back at Gideon and set a hand on his thigh with a smile. "Sometimes..."

"Good, my ass is starting to hurt,"
she teased and leaned over to kiss him softly. "Do I have to issue any threats to you about fucking other women tonight?" She was a little more serious now. They weren't together but she still wouldn't watch him be with anyone else while she was there and available.
He met her kiss as the wagon pulled up to the front door.
“You put it so crudely, but no, milady. I am all yours tonight, and likewise you are mine. We shall dance and feast arm in arm.”
The footman opened the door and Gideon stepped out and down, giving Eleena his hand to help her down.

“Welcome to this auspicious occasion, milord, milady. We are honored to host you for the evening.”
A butler with bright golden eyes held a candelabra.
“Right this way.”

Gideon tucked her hand in his elbow and followed after the butler as he led the way into the dilapidated mansion.
It was a drab place, the paintings and reliefs on the walls were in utter ruin and disrepair, holes in the roof filtered moonlight into the halls in pools of pale light.

The butler led them deep into the mansion, clearly leading to a cellar or hidden chamber of some sort.
Gideons eyes glowed a burning red in the darkness as he seemed to appreciate the decayed decorations all the same.

“You put it so crudely, but no, milady. I am all yours tonight, and likewise you are mine. We shall dance and feast arm in arm.”

"Good," Eleena said simply.

“Welcome to this auspicious occasion, milord, milady. We are honored to host you for the evening.”
A butler with bright golden eyes held a candelabra.
“Right this way.”

The vampire inclined her head to the butler before tucking her arm into Gideon's elbow and beginning their walk.

Unlike Gideon, she was not appreciating the decay of the mansion. The place creeped her out and she felt like someone was going to jump out and attack her.

She had just trusted Gideon and now she was wondering if that was the right thing to do.

• Cthuulove
"Good," Eleena said simply.

The vampire inclined her head to the butler before tucking her arm into Gideon's elbow and beginning their walk.

Unlike Gideon, she was not appreciating the decay of the mansion. The place creeped her out and she felt like someone was going to jump out and attack her.

She had just trusted Gideon and now she was wondering if that was the right thing to do.
Gideon had no such misgivings, but he and the butler stopped walking at the exact same time as their senses both picked up on what was wrong with this scene, unfortunately they weren’t as wary as Eleena.

Onions, to hide the human scent, an old vampire hunter technique.
Magic and whispered chanting in divine words, detected too late to stop.

A globe of blinding light suddenly appeared in front of them, the radiance of divine light exploded outwards from the globe and disintegrated the butler in an instant.
Gideon was suddenly free from Eleena’s hand and he stood in front of her, his arms outstretched with his cloak billowing wide so his shadow fell over her and protected her from the deadly light.

On Gideons command and pit of darkness appeared in the center of light and quickly swallowed it, but not before the damage was done.
The light was gone as quickly as it appeared and once again the hall was dark.
All that remained of the butler was a candelabra, a pile of clothes and dust.
Gideon turned to check on Eleena.
His skeletal hands briefly checking her arms and his eye sockets held only a burning red glow as he looked her over.
His exposed flesh had been almost completely disintegrated and a white skeleton now grinned down at her.

His mouth opened as if to speak, but he had no vocal cords, lungs, tongue or lips to make words.
He shook his head and turned around again, his hands wide as he posed himself as a shield in front of her. His head on the swivel as he tracked movement on top of the dilapidated roof.

Eleena was right. Perhaps it was her own hunters instinct but she had known before the attack had even started. It didn’t stop her from completely freezing in terror as the butler disintegrated in a second. All she saw after that was Gideon’s cloak and then it was dark again.

When he turned to her, she fought back a scream as she looked at the horror that had over taken him. He had saved her life. His too, of course, but he had protected her.

“Gideon…we have to go. Can you change forms still?” Eleena’s voice was panicked. They needed to run. Fast and far.

Eleena was right. Perhaps it was her own hunters instinct but she had known before the attack had even started. It didn’t stop her from completely freezing in terror as the butler disintegrated in a second. All she saw after that was Gideon’s cloak and then it was dark again.

When he turned to her, she fought back a scream as she looked at the horror that had over taken him. He had saved her life. His too, of course, but he had protected her.

“Gideon…we have to go. Can you change forms still?” Eleena’s voice was panicked. They needed to run. Fast and far.
Gideon shook his head and put a boney claw to his fanged mouth.
He listened to the footsteps stalking across the roof, one, two, three, four different footsteps he counted on his fingers so she could see.
Already she could see his flesh slowly creeping up his forearms and his chest was also regenerating, starting from the organs and working up to muscles.

He heard the creaking of taught rope, crossbows.
They were in the hunters sights.
Running would be expected, and no doubt these hunters had planned for that.
Fighting was usually as much of a death sentence, but Gideon was an ancient, and these hunters were Ill equipped to deal with him in any permanent way.

Besides, he was really hungry now.

He pointed to a side door, it was likely locked but the rotted wood wouldn’t stand up to vampiric strength.

The bolt fired.

Eleena practically ripped the door off its hinges. She was in no mood for pesky barriers. She heard the bolt fire and she felt it rip into her right shoulder. She hissed but didn’t stop moving. She would heal. She would be fine. Eleena broke the shaft and then pulled the bolt from her shoulder.

“Alright, now I’m pissed off. I just wanted a nice night!”
She growled out.

She didn’t want to kill humans but her mission wasn’t done and she could kill more vampires than them in the end. They had to die. Gideon and herself were going to enjoy this.

Eleena practically ripped the door off its hinges. She was in no mood for pesky barriers. She heard the bolt fire and she felt it rip into her right shoulder. She hissed but didn’t stop moving. She would heal. She would be fine. Eleena broke the shaft and then pulled the bolt from her shoulder.

“Alright, now I’m pissed off. I just wanted a nice night!” She growled out.

She didn’t want to kill humans but her mission wasn’t done and she could kill more vampires than them in the end. They had to die. Gideon and herself were going to enjoy this.
Gideon followed her into the chamber. It was much darker in here and fewer holes in the roof, a perfect ambush spot.
Of course, if the hunters were actually stupid enough to enter they would be extremely cautious. They’d probably use the light globe again before entering, he didn’t know if Eleena understood sign language but he did his best to convey this.

There were plenty of hiding places in this room, they would just need to use them long enough to shield them from the light, then the shadows would be their shield.
The room appeared to have once been a sitting room for leisure, white sheets covered the furniture but no doubt age and rot would have already gotten to them.

Gideon took Eleena by the hand and pulled her behind a couch that offered cover from the center of the room.
It wasn’t long before they heard chanting once again and the smell of magic filled the air.

Eleena did not know sign language but she could get the gist of what he was trying to say and she just nodded.

Gideon took her hand and she did not fight him as he led them behind the couch. There seemed to be some kind of cool down between the light attacks and they could use that to their advantage to strike. She felt like a coward hiding behind the couch but the alternative was to be a pile of ash.

"I think there is a cooldown period. Are you good to strike or do we need to wait longer?"

Eleena did not know sign language but she could get the gist of what he was trying to say and she just nodded.

Gideon took her hand and she did not fight him as he led them behind the couch. There seemed to be some kind of cool down between the light attacks and they could use that to their advantage to strike. She felt like a coward hiding behind the couch but the alternative was to be a pile of ash.

"I think there is a cooldown period. Are you good to strike or do we need to wait longer?"
He put a clawed hand on her shoulder and shook his head, not that he couldn’t strike, but in a way that indicated that was a bad idea.

She felt a whisper intrude on her mind.
“They are prepared… waiting. Endure, hide in shadows, strike from darkness.”
He had forgotten for a moment that he could communicate this way, but to have every single nerve ending blasted and then destroyed in an instant and feeling nothingness tended to encourage forgetfulness.

The voice grew stronger.
“This is how our kind survive, we live in the shadows and strike from the shadows. Ambush, hit and run, slow bleeding.”

As the chanting stopped Gideon covered her protectively, just in case the light appeared at an unpredicted angle.
When it was gone and they were in darkness again, Gideon stood and stepped up on the wall, standing as if vertical as he walked up the wall and clung to a corner where the shadows were deepest.
The hunters were being cautious and didn’t enter right away, but gathered their weapons and courage to face the unknown.

Gideon waited in ambush, for the right moment to strike.

Eleena did not walk up the wall but she did shift into a bat and flew up to join Gideon. She did not change back. She could stay perched like this and move quicker to attack when it was time. Eleena had gotten pretty good at shifting mid flight over her years.

The hunters did eventually enter the room. They were slow to enter as they were expecting an immediate attack or to find two piles of ashes. They found neither and they never looked up.

Idiots, she thought as she watched them from her corner perch.

• Devil