Open Chronicles Big Cats and Ballads

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"Milk?" She questioned, put off by the offer. Where she came from the only milk to be found came from a woman's bosom for newborn children to drink.
"Yes... from a cow," Torie said, her large green eyes nearly popping out of her striped face. "You've never had milk before? It's delicious! You've got to try it."

Torie sat up, looking for Finnegan but not seeing him. She sighed and got up from the hay, trailing it along the barn floor as she walked to the stalls. "Look, it's like this. You take a bucket, put it under the cow like this. Then you-"

Torie grabbed for the teat but the cow had other ideas. Spooked by her presence it kicked out, striking Torie on the side of the head. In a panic it then crashed forward into the side of its pen, kicking down the wicker wall and darting off out of the barn.

The other cows all added to a mooing chorus.

Torie, thankfully, seemed unhurt, though shook her head as if to clear it. She glanced over at Zarra sheepishly.

"I promise, it's worth it!"

"I'd be grateful for any help," Benson told Finn. He looked up, unfazed, as a lone cow ran out of the barn. "You could start by putting that girl back inside."

• Devil
Reactions: Zarra Bundyth
"Yes... from a cow," Torie said, her large green eyes nearly popping out of her striped face. "You've never had milk before? It's delicious! You've got to try it."

"From a cow?" She asks. "Milk comes from women with young babies, not anywhere else that I'm aware of."

Torie sat up, looking for Finnegan but not seeing him. She sighed and got up from the hay, trailing it along the barn floor as she walked to the stalls. "Look, it's like this. You take a bucket, put it under the cow like this. Then you-"

Torie grabbed for the teat but the cow had other ideas. Spooked by her presence it kicked out, striking Torie on the side of the head. In a panic it then crashed forward into the side of its pen, kicking down the wicker wall and darting off out of the barn.

The other cows all added to a mooing chorus.

Torie, thankfully, seemed unhurt, though shook her head as if to clear it. She glanced over at Zarra sheepishly.

"I promise, it's worth it!"

She cocked an eyebrow, "Should we go and get those things back? I don't think it would be a good idea to chase off our host's livestock."

"All mammals secrete milk," Torie said, one whispered brow raised with incredulity. "That's why they're called mammals..."

She cocked an eyebrow, "Should we go and get those things back? I don't think it would be a good idea to chase off our host's livestock."

"If I go out there I don't think I would encourage them to return. Plus, you've seen my top speed is rather limited..." She gazed at the doorway apprehensively.

• Haha
"All mammals secrete milk," Torie said, one whispered brow raised with incredulity. "That's why they're called mammals..."

"As far as I know we drow are the only "mammals" as you call them, in the underrealm." She commented. "But what do you mean by that's why they're called mammals? What is it that makes that the case?"

"If I go out there I don't think I would encourage them to return. Plus, you've seen my top speed is rather limited..." She gazed at the doorway apprehensively.

She patted her friend's head apologetically. "Sorry."

Finnegan lead the cow back to rest in the barn where a nonstop chorus chimed out. "Alright alright," he spoke to the animial as if she could here him. By now he had a long piece of grass sticking out the corner of his mouth. He looked like a real farmer now. He shoed the cow in successfully. "How my girls keepin up?" He leant against a pillar in the barn, wanting to find out how the girls were keeping and if they needed anything before he carried on.

• Bless
"As far as I know we drow are the only "mammals" as you call them, in the underrealm." She commented. "But what do you mean by that's why they're called mammals? What is it that makes that the case?"

"Because we have mammary glands. Things that make milk," Torie replied, perhaps a little curt. She really couldn't believe Zarra didn't know this stuff.

"How my girls keepin up?"
Torie looked him up and down.

"Are you talking to us or the cows, farmer Finn?" she said, and smirked. "I was just explaining to Zarra what a... actually, never mind. Was farmer Billson alright with us drinking his milk?"

"Because we have mammary glands. Things that make milk," Torie replied, perhaps a little curt. She really couldn't believe Zarra didn't know this stuff.

"Oh." She said with a tone portraying sudden realization. "I see. Sorry."

Torie looked him up and down.

"Are you talking to us or the cows, farmer Finn?" she said, and smirked. "I was just explaining to Zarra what a... actually, never mind. Was farmer Billson alright with us drinking his milk?"

"I don't think we should impede any further than we already have." Zarra said to Torie. "We don't want to overstep any bounds."