Open Chronicles Big Cats and Ballads

A roleplay open for anyone to join
While Finn waited for Zarra to respond he watched as Torie waded in the water, enjoying the nature surrounding her and catching herself a fish or two.

They would need to hit the road pretty soon then find a place to camp for the evening to come. Before any of that happened though Finnegan would take a refreshing swim, wash himself off - still wearing his undergarments of course, disgard the bloodied up shirt and dress.

• Yay
Reactions: Torie
Torie paddled around Finn while he swam, not doing much other than finishing her fish and grinning like the cat who got the cream. Until finally she said:
"So, I was thinking we need to take Zarra to civilisation, where she can really draw a crowd with her performances. With me performing too - even if it's just as her back rest - I think we'd be a hit! So. First off, which way brings us to the closest town or city? And... would you like to join us?"

Though she didn't say it out loud, she did look over to Zarra, to see if she had anything to add.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Zarra Bundyth
(I'm so so sorry for the late reply. My summer's getting super busy and my time for RPs is suffering. I'm sorry!)

he gave her a smile and moved to sit next to Zarra in the shade. "What you playin' there doll?"

"Nothing really. Just... Playing. I write songs as well as sing them, and sometimes I just sit and experiment with sound. That's basically what I'm doing now."

They would need to hit the road pretty soon then find a place to camp for the evening to come. Before any of that happened though Finnegan would take a refreshing swim, wash himself off - still wearing his undergarments of course, disgard the bloodied up shirt and dress

She looked away as he took his clothes off. And kept her gaze averted. She really didn't want to be caught staring.

"So, I was thinking we need to take Zarra to civilisation, where she can really draw a crowd with her performances. With me performing too - even if it's just as her back rest - I think we'd be a hit! So. First off, which way brings us to the closest town or city? And... would you like to join us?"

Though she didn't say it out loud, she did look over to Zarra, to see if she had anything to add.

Zarra shook her head, she had nothing to add to that.

"Well," Finnegan walked out the water , shook off and ran a hand through his hair. "Alleria is my next stop anyways, not sure if you ladies have ever been there but its a pretty huge place."

The sun assisted in him drying off quickly, finn pulled on his pants and his clean shirt.
"Theres some decient joints there you can play in aswell. I even got a place for up to stay if you ladies are open to the idea?"

"Well," Finnegan walked out the water , shook off and ran a hand through his hair. "Alleria is my next stop anyways, not sure if you ladies have ever been there but its a pretty huge place."

"I'm afraid my travels have yet to take me there. So I've never been there. I've also tried to avoid large cities for... Obvious reasons." She said, almost embarrassed, "so I haven't really been anywhere larger than a small town."

The sun assisted in him drying off quickly, finn pulled on his pants and his clean shirt.
"Theres some decient joints there you can play in aswell. I even got a place for up to stay if you ladies are open to the idea?"

She smiled his way and said, "That's very much appreciated Finn, thank you."

"so, you up for a little adventure love?"
"Always!" Torie grinned. It was hard to do much else. Though she did summon the self-control to turn her head to Zarra.

"And I'll protect you, too! If people think I belong to you then they're unlikely to give you trouble. And if they do, I can make them regret it.
"But how far is Alleria anyway? We seem to be far from any big city. I can usually smell them on the wind miles away."

• Bless
"Don't worry about that doll, ill protect you." He winked and turned to Torie, "so, you up for a little adventure love?"

She looked away sheepishly. "I appreciate that Finn."

"And I'll protect you, too! If people think I belong to you then they're unlikely to give you trouble. And if they do, I can make them regret it.

She giggled at this and asked, "should I get you a collar to seal the deal? I could get you one with a bell if you'd like."

This was said entirely in jest. She'd been placed in a collar before, it wasn't necessary uncomfortable, but it was put there to mark her as a slave, so she wouldn't in good conscience actually do such a thing herself.

"But how far is Alleria anyway? We seem to be far from any big city. I can usually smell them on the wind miles away."

She stopped to think. "That's actually a good question. How far is it?"

Finn enjoyed the banter, "about three days ride, four and a half on foot I guess." He shrugged, "Zarra, you can ride with me im sorry Torrie dear, but I don't have a wagon to make your trip any easier."

He got up and brushed himself off, "no matter any of that, either way we have to get going."
Finnegan shielded his eyes and looked up at the sky, "We have about three hours of daylight left, then we stop and set up camp."

A momentary flicker of horror passed through Torie's whiskers when Finn mentioned four days of walking, though she covered it with an unconvincingly optimistic smile.

"Right! Well, we should get going then," she said, and paddled to the bank. Her usually fluffy coat stuck to her rotund body and dripped off the tip of her belly. When she shook herself, her fatty flanks joined in with a jiggle of her own.

"If my feet get sore you'll carry me, right?" she said to Zarra, grinning.

• Scared
"If my feet get sore you'll carry me, right?" she said to Zarra, grinning.

Zarra's face visibly grew terrified when Torie said this. "I..."

She had no clue what to say. What could she say? You're too fat? I'm too weak? What? That last one sounded better.

"Uh. I don't think I can do that. I'm not exactly strong. I don't think I could pick anyone up. Sorry. Maybe Finn could though."

• Yay
"Of course id carry you doll," he grinned at Torrie. "Okay," he clapped his hands together and whistled for his horse, mounting the mare he extended a hand for Zarra. "Lets get going then."

• Devil
"Of course id carry you doll," he grinned at Torrie. "Okay," he clapped his hands together and whistled for his horse, mounting the mare he extended a hand for Zarra. "Lets get going then."

Zarra looked nervous, she'd never ridden a horse before. And neither had she met anyone so charismatic as this man here. It was strange. She blushed but took his hand and got on the back of the horse.

• Smug
"Well lets get going." He turned to look at Tori, let me know if we need to slow down ey doll?
With that Finnegan whipped the reigns and the mare galloped, the wind ran through his hair and the man seemed to be in his absolute element.

After about thirty minutes of speed he slowed his mare down to a trot. "Good job daisy." He whispered, patting her neck.

Finn could tell both girls were a little startled from the sprint and Torie looked like she was about to collapse.

"Just a few more miles then we can settle down," he told them over his shoulder.

"Uh. I don't think I can do that. I'm not exactly strong. I don't think I could pick anyone up. Sorry. Maybe Finn could though."
"I'm kidding!" Torie said, giving Zarra a playful nudge, just before she climbed up on the horse. She looked on with not a little bit of jealousy at how close the pair were sitting. But she only had herself to blame, and she knew it.

"Well lets get going." He turned to look at Tori, let me know if we need to slow down ey doll?
With that Finnegan whipped the reigns and the mare galloped, the wind ran through his hair and the man seemed to be in his absolute element.

Torie grunted in her throat as they disappeared down the road. "Well, if you wanted some time alone with her you should have just said so." She said in jest, but then started to wonder if that had been his plan all along.

Then she started to worry for Zarra's safety.

"Hang on, Zarra. I'm coming!" she called out, but realised it was unlikely Zarra heard her over the pounding of hooves. So she hurried down the road.

Still, even hurrying, Torie's maximum speed was only that of a leisurely stroll. And with all her extra bulk even that was quite laborious. It would be hours before she caught up with the pair, if she caught up with them at all. It wouldn't be the first time one of her companions ran off rather than wait for the slow fatso.

Still, on the bright side, it was a good way to tell who your true friends are...

When he and Zarra slowed down Finnegan came to the realization that Torie had infact not kept up with the pair. "Where the hell is that kitty?" Concern covered his face, "we better go get her." With that Finnegan whippped the reings once again and they sped off finally getting to Torie after what felt like forever.

"Elven gods Torie," He dismounted his horse then lifted Zarra by the waist and placed her gently on the floor. "Sorry love," a sheepish grin crossed his face and he ran a hand through his hair. "Got a little carried away there, thought you could keep up."

Finnegan lit his tabacco pipe and looked around, it would take even longer if they were to travel at Torie's pace. He could not do that, time was money...

Finn needed to find a wagon and soon, then by pure dumb luck, he spotted a farm in the distance on his right.
His classic crooked smile graced his face, "I got an idea girls."

Torie was visibly relieved when Finn and Zarra reappeared. So much so she gave a deep sigh, and her broad, toothy smile returned.

"It's alright," she said in reply to Finn. "Tigers are ambush predators. We really aren't great at running over long distances."

Not to mention, Torie was carrying the weight of at least five tigers. But she didn't bother mentioning that.

When Finn looked over to the farm and grinned, Torie couldn't help but grin back.

"We're not stealing anything," she said. "We're paying for it." With that she turned towards the farm and led the way, slow as a bear taking a stroll through the woods.

"We should let you do the talking, Finn," she said over her shoulder. "You're the least scary looking of the three of us."

The farm was evidently a dairy farm, judging by the cows wandering the grassy slopes below the treeline, or sitting and munching under the eaves of a barn. At first there appeared to be no-one in sight, but then Torie spotted a man, a farmer, by his garb, bailing out grain into feed lots near the fence line.

"Hey, I know you," Torie said, jogging forward a little. She turned back to the others, to Zarra in particular and said in delight, "It's the cheese merchant!"

Last edited:
When he and Zarra slowed down Finnegan came to the realization that Torie had infact not kept up with the pair. "Where the hell is that kitty?" Concern covered his face, "we better go get her." With that Finnegan whippped the reings once again and they sped off finally getting to Torie after what felt like forever.

"Elven gods Torie," He dismounted his horse then lifted Zarra by the waist and placed her gently on the floor. "Sorry love," a sheepish grin crossed his face and he ran a hand through his hair. "Got a little carried away there, thought you could keep up."

Finnegan lit his tabacco pipe and looked around, it would take even longer if they were to travel at Torie's pace. He could not do that, time was money...

Finn needed to find a wagon and soon, then by pure dumb luck, he spotted a farm in the distance on his right.
His classic crooked smile graced his face, "I got an idea girls."

Zarra was not used to such speeds, and for fear of falling off threw her arms around his waist in a desperate attempt to survive this ride of thrill. It was weird moving so fast, almost giving her a heart attack. She barely managed to bite back a scream of sudden terror and her hair began billowing backwards like a cape or flag. She barely had time to register anything. But after a long while she finally got her breath back to say, "WAIT! TORIE CAN'T KEEP UP WITH US! I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE NOTICED, BUT SHE'S NOT EXACTLY IN VERY GOOD SHAPE! WE HAVE TO GO BACK!"

"Sorry Torie, we didn't mean to leave you behind." She said almost ashamed to have left her friend behind.

"We should let you do the talking, Finn," she said over her shoulder. "You're the least scary looking of the three of us."

"Well," Zarra interjected, "I don't know about how scary I look, but he'd certainly seem the most trustworthy."

• Cheer
We're not stealing anything," she said. "We're paying for it
"Aah come on Tor, live a little." He smiled, taking his horse by the reigns the three walked towards the farm.

, "It's the cheese merchant!
Cheese merchant? Now what on earth would these two be doing galloping around with a bloody cheese merchant. Anyways, he shook his head at the comical interaction he imagined would have happened between the three.

"Afternoon Sir," Finnegan extended a hand and his classic dashing smile. "My names Finnegan Argon and Im told you know my friends here." He nodded in the direction of the girls.

• Sip
"I do," the cheese farmer-merchant said, brushing stray flecks of feed off the front of his apron. "Tiger here's my new best customer. You come to see what I did with that truffle?"

"No," Torie said, grinning. "Although..."

"They call me Billson, on account of my dad being bill," Billson said, eyeing Finnegan with a wary smile. "Are you three... some sort of circus act?" Then to Zarra he added, "That just paint, or you really a dark elf?"

• Popcorn
Then to Zarra he added, "That just paint, or you really a dark elf?"

"I'm actually a dark elf." She said shyly. "No paint or dye involved. And I wouldn't call us a circus really, but I am a performer. It's good to see you again Billson. But no, we're actually looking to purchase a wagon to help our friend along."

She gestured to Torie, "cats can run quickly but only for so long and we are in somewhat of a hurry so we need something to carry her in. Any old or unused wagon will do, and I can pay with gold this time."

She held up a first sized sack of gold, the money they'd earned in the tavern.

• Sip
Billson looked at the sack of coins appreciatively.

"Don't have a spare wagon. But for that amount I can take you there tomorrow. Son can run the farm for a few days." He looked at Torie. "Can even throw in some free cheese wheels for that much."

Torie's eyes widened. Before Zarra could object she said, "Yes please!"

"Fair 'nuff. Keep the coin for the moment. Spend the night in the barn. Come morning we'll get on the trail. Don't scare the cows."

He turned around to continue his work, but then stopped and added, "And don't eat 'em."

"I'd never!" Torie said.

The barn was big and smelly, with a mountain of hay piled up on one side that reached to the ceiling. Further down there were stalls for cattle separated from the herd for whatever reason. Nursing mothers, perhaps. The whites of their eyes showed when the two humanoid strangers and the big cat entered the barn, but otherwise they didn't show other signs of panic.

Torie waddled forth and leapt, ever so ungraciously, into the slope of loose straw. She almost disappeared completely as more hay fell on top of her, though eventually her head emerged. It looked like she'd made herself a chaotic straw hat.

"Smells fresh!" she said. Then she gazed at the cows further down the barn. "Hey Finn! Milk me some milk, will you? Pretty please?" She grinned at him like a child begging for treats.

A circus act? Did Finn look like he danced a jig or trained big cats in his spare time.

After they entered the barn his nose scrunched slightly at the small. It wasnt to bad but he wasnt exactly a fan, especially comparing it to the fresh air he had been breathing.

"Ye sure tor. You also want some Zarra?"

• Sip
"Ye sure tor. You also want some Zarra?"

"Milk?" She questioned, put off by the offer. Where she came from the only milk to be found came from a woman's bosom for newborn children to drink. What woman would agree to be milked for a grown man and I tiger? What a strange place the surface world was.

She looked about at the barn, despite the unpleasant smell it was an interesting environment, and this was the first time she'd seen a cow up close. Humans were certainly more interesting than the matron mothers let anyone in the underrealm know.

• Sip
With that Finnegan left the barn and went out to find Billson , "Heya Billson." He greeted the man again with a smile. "I was wondering if the girls and I could milk one of the cows for a drink. Ill give you some gold." Finnegan looked around the farm, it was still early afternoon and it looked like the man needed a break. "Or, yah know I could do the rest of the work on the farm for ya today if you provide the girls and eye with dinner and some milk.?"

Finn was strong enough to carry around majority of the heavy objects in his eyeline. As a child he often went out with his the workers and helped on the farm lands, absolutely amazing by the world surrounding him in the fields. So he would have knowladge of some basic farm duties. Thats if Billson took his offer of course, otherwise he would pay the man for drink and food.

• Sip