Open Chronicles Big Cats and Ballads

A roleplay open for anyone to join
(Sorry! Accidently liked your message with my main account. So you get two likes :p)

Torie slid off the cart carefully, hindlegs first, so that her big posterior dangled in the air for a little bit. The farmer came around and gawped at all the missing cheese, but when Torie pulled a truffle from the bag around her neck he was obviously intrigued. After some bartering they were on their way.

"Any decent cheese maker should know their truffles," Torie said, struggling to catch up to the lithe elf. "Anyway, where to now? Have you been here before? This isn't the town I left a few days ago..."

• Cheer
Reactions: Zarra Bundyth
Torie slid off the cart carefully, hindlegs first, so that her big posterior dangled in the air for a little bit. The farmer came around and gawped at all the missing cheese, but when Torie pulled a truffle from the bag around her neck he was obviously intrigued. After some bartering they were on their way.

Zarra, as before, assisted in her friend's descent as best she could. And was amused by the bartering.

"Any decent cheese maker should know their truffles," Torie said, struggling to catch up to the lithe elf. "Anyway, where to now? Have you been here before? This isn't the town I left a few days ago..."

"Nope, first time I've been here." And it showed. People, especially the men, watched her, closely, many of them who had weapons drew them preemptively. They didn't attack her yet, but they very clearly wanted to.

• Sip
Reactions: Torie
Torie folded her ears back and lowered her head, not aggressively – more submissively – but even so, nobody seemed willing to bother even a submissive-looking one-ton tiger. Other than stand in the distance and stare menacingly, of course.

She said hello where she could, to those who looked at her with more fear than hatred, and watched as mothers whisked away their children. That, at least, she was used to.

“Can’t they tell I just ate? I don’t eat children when I’m hungry” she said, then nearly bumped into a old man who somehow hadn’t noticed the drow and the giant tigress walking down the street. “Excuse me. And hello. I’m Torie, and this is Zarra. Which way to the inn?”

The man stared for what seemed like the longest moment, then pointed up the street with his cane.

“Thank you,” Torie said, and followed his directions. To a man who had just stepped out of a bakery with his arms full of bread she said, “hello.”

The customer stepped back inside.

• Popcorn
“Can’t they tell I just ate? I don’t eat children when I’m hungry” she said, then nearly bumped into a old man who somehow hadn’t noticed the drow and the giant tigress walking down the street. “Excuse me. And hello. I’m Torie, and this is Zarra. Which way to the inn?”

The man stared for what seemed like the longest moment, then pointed up the street with his cane.

“Thank you,” Torie said, and followed his directions. To a man who had just stepped out of a bakery with his arms full of bread she said, “hello.”

The customer stepped back inside.

Zarra seemed saddened but used to this kind of attitude she simply moved on to the inn with her compatriot.

She quietly opened the door and stepped inside before holding the door for Torie. The entire establishment quieted, and a number of people stared. Many drew their weapons as the townsfolk had before.

Zarra, as submissive looking as Torie, stepped up to the counter to negotiate a price for a room.

(Do you want to RP the tavernkeeper or should I?)

(I can! Or we can share him if you like)

The man at the counter looked like he had seen a ghost. More accurately, he looked like a toad that had seen a ghost. Neither of his grey rheumy eyes seemed to point in the same direction but the left was definitely switching between Torie and Zarra with frantic frequency while the right twitched helplessly.

“You’re not here to cause trouble!” he said – asked? – with a voice that sounded like his throat was made of dry treebark.

Torie shook her head.

“No, sir. We’re just looking for a place to stay. We can pay.”

The man looked even more surprised. The toady eyes nearly fell off his face in shock at the sound of a talking tiger. He looked back at the men standing around the tavern, weapons drawn. Most of them gradually took their seats.

The door to the tavern wasn’t particularly wide. It was ordinary wide, whereas Torie was extraordinary wide, especially after all the cheese. So it took her some effort to gingerly squeeze through without breaking anything. She walked up to the counter beside Zarra.

“You have a stable outside. I’d like a good brush down, for myself, if you please. And a bottle of wine. And whatever offal you have.” She looked over to Zarra, then back at the innkeeper. “And she needs a good meal.”

• Bless
(nah, that's good.)

Zarra kept a friendly smile on her face. "I promise sir, I'll be no issue."

She'd place the necessary coins on the counter, and yes they were real coins not counterfeit ones, to pay for the meal and her friend's accomodations.

While she waited, she sat in the corner and pulled from its case her viol, and began to play.

• Yay
"You must eat a lot," the tavernkeeper said to Torie, as Zarra settled down.

Torie only shrugged. She was keeping an eye on Zarra, who walked amongst the men holding weapons and took a seat in the corner, tuning her instrument. When she started to play the mood changed instantly; it was as if the aggression was taken out of the body language of the armed men. Instead of dangerous thugs they looked more like children caught in the act of mischief as they stopped to listen to the music.

The tavernkeeper also kept watching, bad eye twitching like an insect trapped in honey. But all of a sudden he bolted away upstairs.

"Huh. Some service," Torie said, and went and sat beside Zarra as she played.

Shortly though, the tavernkeeper reappeared, carrying a sign with still-wet paint. He hurried with it to the front door, and if Torie read it correctly it said something about music of the underdark.

• Bless
The people beginning to relax slightly was a good sign, and one she found to happen somewhat frequently in places like this, though there was the other extreme where they thought she was trying to cast a spell or hypnotize them, but lucky her that wasn't the case.

So she continued to play, happy to pacify the people who might just accept her in time. Meanwhile the innkeeper was putting up his fresh sign, she didn't really read it but she assumed that the urgency with which it was done meant it had something to do with them or another recent event.

Torie ordered some food and had the tavernkeeper bring down a hay mattress from one of the rooms for her to lounge on. Her food soon arrived, and a boy, perhaps the tavernkeeper's son, arrived with a horse brush and brushed out her fur. She didn't participate in the singing this time.

Gradually the inn filled up more and more, as more curious townsfolk came to hear this music of the underdark. They were also curious about the giant tiger, though none spoke to her directly, though she got a lot of pointed looks and remarks like, "What in the world is that?" or, "Is it safe?" For the most part, she was content to eat and drink and allow them to think she was a wild animal. She could hear more interesting comments that way.

• Dab
( May i hope in? Have a guy named Finn, hired muscle, notorious and oh does he love ale. He travels often and majority of the time his muscle is used for a little more then a beat down)

• Love
(It's fine :). You don't even need to ask for an open chronicle, but thanks for being polite.)

Finnegan could easily be describbed as dashingly handsome, we walked with convinced, 6'4 and easy on the eyes. He had come into the village for a job, after that he would probably hang around for a day or two sniffing out possible clientel. Then head back to his employer, hand off the requested information and go off in his own direction.

Finnegan sauntered into the tavern. He had been on the road for 3 days and was in desperate need for a strong drink.

Music drifted through the tavern, he headed to the bar and got himself a drink, "ey mate , who brought their pet kitty to the party?" He nodded in Tories direction.

• Popcorn
(Sorry for the wait. And welcome aboard! Also, apparently it's actually called the underrealm on Arethil. I'm used to DND canon XD)

She continued to play the music which seemed to attract so many. She was undisturbed by the amount of people coming in, apparently to hear her music, and simply kept playing.

She spied the rather large man who walked straight for the bartender, who would answer with, "'at there elf did." Pointing towards Zarra, "but whether the tiger is 'er pet or the other way round I can't tell ye. The cat spoke, she didn't. Don't know how much stranger it could get really."

He looked around at the now very full tavern, which no longer seemed intent on violence. "Tell ya one thing though, 'ose two certainly brought in clients. I can't remember us ever bein 'ess busy."

Finnegan Argon, Torie

• Popcorn
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Esmeralda and Torie
Torie's eyes widened at the sight of the tall traveller, and she sat herself up to get a better look. Then found she couldn't stop looking. It didn't help that he was talking about her with the tavernkeeper. He'd called her a pet! She should be offended, maybe, but she wasn't. It was hard to be offended by such a good-looking fellow.

She looked over to Zarra, making eyes at her and then the warrior, doing her best to say look! with her body language. The stableboy who was brushing out her fur stepped back in worry, but she smiled at him reassuringly.
Somehow, a giant tiger bearing her teeth didn't seem to reassure the child at all.

"Mate, you sure have had a bit to drink thinkin cats can talk."
Finnegan turned around and leant against the bar, one elbow on it and the other holding his glass.

He eyed the elf, he had seen a dark elf in a couple of years. Not like the one he came across was very friendly either, they had a bit of a brawl, leaving finn with a scar running from his wrist to his shoulder on his left arm.
By good grace the elf came out worse but it was a story Finnegan Argon didn't really care for, thus majority of the time he sported a brown leather skinn jacket.

Finnegan sipped his drink and listened to the tunes the elf played, all the while scanning the room - making sure that the baron he had come into town to have a little chat with hadnt entered.

( quick question, is smoking cigarettes a thing? Its a habbit i want to give to finn )

"Mate, you sure have had a bit to drink thinkin cats can talk."
Finnegan turned around and leant against the bar, one elbow on it and the other holding his glass.

"I don't drink on the job." He said simply. "But I can hardly blame ye fer your disbelief. Go ahead and say hello if ye want. Tiger seemed friendly enough, and the elf 'asn't attacked anyone, so you might have some luck if ye decided to check em out."

The barkeep, after Finnegan had left the counter, went back to check on something, coming out with a plate of warm food and a cup of water. He waved over to Zarra, and gestured for her to come up. She nodded, and finished her last song before coming up to get the food with a quiet "thank you sir."

She went and sat next to Torie before she began to eat. "How're you finding this place Torie? You like it so far?"

Finnegan Argon

• Popcorn
  • Sip
Reactions: Milo and Torie
(cigarettes maybe not, but a tobacco pipe would be acceptable I think )

Torie leaned over surreptitiously to whisper in Zarra’s pointy ear.

“No, this place is awful. It stink like pee and the people all smell terrible. But I like that aspect of it.”

She nodded over to the warrior in the leather jacket, who was currently looking back at them. Those sultry eyes made her want to cry happy tears for no good reason. Was that normal?

“We should invite him over to eat with us,” she said. “He looks hungry and skinny, like you.” She grinned at Zarra playfully, wiggling an ear as if one might wiggle an eyebrow.

• Haha
Finnegan was intrigued and headed over to the pair.

"The barkeep says you dont speak," he gestured to Zarra. "And you do?" He spoke now of Torie.
He pulled up a nearby stool, whiped out his tobacco pipe and lit it with a match. "Care to elaborate?"

(cigarettes maybe not, but a tobacco pipe would be acceptable I think )

Torie leaned over surreptitiously to whisper in Zarra’s pointy ear.

“No, this place is awful. It stink like pee and the people all smell terrible. But I like that aspect of it.”

She nodded over to the warrior in the leather jacket, who was currently looking back at them. Those sultry eyes made her want to cry happy tears for no good reason. Was that normal?

“We should invite him over to eat with us,” she said. “He looks hungry and skinny, like you.” She grinned at Zarra playfully, wiggling an ear as if one might wiggle an eyebrow.

She giggled, "sounds to me like somebody has a crush. Well, if you want to invite him over, get up and waddle his way friend. A talking tiger would certainly catch attention."

Finnegan was intrigued and headed over to the pair.

"The barkeep says you dont speak," he gestured to Zarra. "And you do?" He spoke now of Torie.
He pulled up a nearby stool, whiped out his tobacco pipe and lit it with a match. "Care to elaborate?"

Zarra looked offended. "I talk. And so does my friend here."

She set her plate aside and put her hand out to let him shake it. "I'm Zarra, this is Torie. What, pray tell, is your name sir?"

• Sip
Reactions: Milo and Torie
"Waddle!? I don't waddle. Do I?"

As it turned out she didn't need to find out immediately, for the tall stranger waddled - walked - over to them.

Torie didn't say anything, simply grinned. That's all she could do, bear her teeth in some monstrous visage that indicated her excitement.

She was about to learn his name!

"I'm Torie!" She blurted, but far too loud, so loud it came out like a roar. The hubbub of the tavern died in an instant, as all eyes fell on her.

She looked about at their fearful faces, her smile now more of an apologetic grimace.

"Heh... I'm Torie," she said.

Finnegan almost fell of his stool, "good gods it is true."

Finn regained his composure , instead of shaking Zarras hand he kissed it.
Then he smiled in Tories direction, "everybody calls me Finn." He winked.

"So, what are you ladies doing in a shabby place like this." He relitt his pipe. He knew Zarra preformed earlier but other then that he couldn't quite figure out what such a well
...different pair would be doing in a musty tavern.

"I'm Torie!" She blurted, but far too loud, so loud it came out like a roar. The hubbub of the tavern died in an instant, as all eyes fell on her.

Finnegan almost fell of his stool, "good gods it is true."

She herself jumped back in fright at the sudden volume of her friend. Frankly she couldn't blame the people in the tavern for being suddenly afraid, it was a big tiger that made the noise. And they should be afraid of a one ton apex predator.

Finn regained his composure , instead of shaking Zarras hand he kissed it.
Then he smiled in Tories direction, "everybody calls me Finn." He winked.

This caught her off guard. She had expected a cautious handshake at best, and a drawn sword at worst. What actually happened was completely different, and it made her pause.

"I-it's nice to meet you Finn."

o, what are you ladies doing in a shabby place like this." He relitt his pipe. He knew Zarra preformed earlier but other then that he couldn't quite figure out what such a well
...different pair would be doing in a musty tavern.

"We met on the road and we're headed the same direction. So we walked together for a while and since I don't handle sunlight too well, we decided to stop here."

• Sip
That pounding heart skipped a beat when Finn kissed Zarra’s hand. A keen eye might have noticed her claws flex a little, or her tail flick.

But then he winked at her and all was forgiven.

“I’m Torie,” she said again, then shook her head at her own stupidity – she’d already said that! “Do you… uh, eat?” She beckoned the tavernkeeper over with an enormous paw. “Order what you like! I’m paying tonight.

“Anyway, what are you doing here? You don’t look like a local. You don’t smell like one either. You smell better, I mean. Than the locals.” She rolled her eyes at herself, and bit her tongue to prevent anything worse from coming out her mouth.

The stable boy was looking at her with big eyes again.

“Not that you all smell bad!”

The tavernkeeper arrived shortly after, ready to take further orders.

• Haha
tavernkeeper arrived shortly after, ready to take further orders.

"Thanks doll," he flashed her a smile.
"Another one of these," Finnegan twirled hjs glass "and a slice or two of ham".

e I don't handle sunlight too well, we decided to stop here

"Aah I see." He nodded his head in understanding. "Im in town for business." He sat back against his chair, both arms now behind his head. "Then I'm off again. How long do you ladies plan on staying?"

"Aah I see." He nodded his head in understanding. "Im in town for business." He sat back against his chair, both arms now behind his head. "Then I'm off again. How long do you ladies plan on staying?"

She shrugged. "I don't really have a plan, I'm a wanderer not a traveller, so I really don't have a plan. But I intended to stay as long as Torie, figured we might as well travel together a while."

She finished her meal and politely set her plate aside, then turned to Torie, "How about you? How long were you planning on staying?"

• Sip