Open Chronicles Ash Breeze

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Gerra

The Emperor
Character Biography
Link
Gerra stood upon the docks of Annuakat and watched as trade ships brought in hulls full of timber from as far away as Falwood. All along the delta, construction of the imperial fleet had taken over the waterways as dozens of new wargalleys began to row their way out into the gulf.

“You have done well, my friend.” He turned toward his companion, the sorcerer formerly known as Maho Sparhawk. Two tortured eyes stared back at Gerra from behind a mask. A mask Maho had scarcely taken off since Ninagal. Small wonder. Gerra has seen what lay beneath. Skin like melted wax.

A hard price to pay, but Sparhawk had betrayed him. Perhaps Gerra should’ve killed him then instead of letting him live on in this miserable shell. Yet he didn’t think he could have. Maho was among his oldest friends. A reminder of another life.

“When do you think it will be finished? When will you sail for Cerak?”

The bitter breeze.

Months of work, travelling to different parts of Arethil to amount the social connections and influence needed to build a navy worthy of the Empire. To each of the wood traders in the Falwood specifically, he argued that the Empire was ushering in a new world order - an order of peace. They'd agreed to give him and the Empire as many materials as they'd need to build their boats and artillery. Hundreds of tonnes worth of Trees came in, milled and unmilled. Progress.

“You have done well, my friend.”

My friend.

Jerik wasn't a fool. He knew where they stood. He'd do Gerra's bidding. He'd carry out his justice. But all his actions up until this point was in the hope that he would be asked one question, once he had the Navy under construction;

When will you sail for Cerak?
Although he hadn't, he felt as if he'd prepared his whole life to return there. He'd had his childhood robbed from him for no good reason. Years spent toiling away, flogged in the streets, with raw soles on his feet, and blistered skin on his hands. He'd asked the Royal Armour-smith, with help from some of the court mages, to craft him a set of armour that would make him appear more intimidating, whilst also enhancing his physical attributes. A set of black metal, making him appear 2 foot taller than he would otherwise.

He didn't just want to destroy the slavers of the Black Bay, he wanted to see tears drop from their eyes, and see them cower for help before he finally finishes his task.

"I will sail in a half-month."

Nayden was overwhelmed by the noises, the sound of sailors rowing and singing. The sound of the hammers banging nails into the wood. The noises hurt his head and his ears, the people walking around making him bump into them tossed him about figuratively. Where was Taushan Angevin? Where was his guide and companion?

He was bumping into people by accident and the young man was not having a good time. He could not see , so he could not know who he was about to bump into next. Accidentally he bumped into Gerra. But he did not know for he could not see. “I’m so sorry.” He says backing up some feeling how big the half-giant was. The young man looked a bit skittish and nervous he’d look turning his head around trying to pinpoint where the noises where coming from. But they were coming from all over! “Can you point me in the right direction out of these.... docks?” He asks with a nervous tilt of his head under his hood.

“Good. You-“

Someone bumped into Gerra from behind.

The half-giant turned, brows knitting as he stared down at a young man who looked as if he might burst into cold sweat at any moment.

“Who? How did you get past my- never mind.”

Several members of the loose ring of masked Immortals standing around Gerra and Maho had turned to face the potential threat.

The emperor held up a hand to stop them.

“What is your name?”

He whipped his around around, struggling to keep his head above the sea of people. Where was Nayden? The bastard had run off somewhere and he doesn’t do well in this kinda thing. All they had planned to do was take a look at the supplies for the construction of the fleet, at least that’s what they heard.

“Nayden?!” He shouted out, glancing around, and was about to repeat himself when he saw him through a couple of people, he quickly approached, and nearly walked full force into a immortal. What the hell were they doing here? He glanced around, and who’s that rather large man talking to Nayden? He looks awfully fa- Oh shit.

If he hadn’t had his helmet on a passerby would probably offer him a bucket. He quickly yelled out, “Nayden, buddy, over here, uhh terribly sorry about this.”

Nayden tries to look up at the giant person and in his eyes, but wasn’t able to judge his true height and ended up looking up and past his chest. He was about to answer when he heard a familiar voice, his face would light up some. “As my friend said my name is Nayden.” He says he had no idea he was talking to the emperor of all people. He’d look towards his friend’s voice and wave, then suddenly feels some of the tension in the air. He he felt the gaze of the Immortals on him, something he did not like at all. “Am I somewhere I shouldn’t be?” He asks Gerra looking around.

If they could see his ears they would definitely be drooping a bit. He heard a sense of urgency in Taushan’s voice which didn’t help his instincts that something was up. Oh he badly wanted to sign to Tasusan to hear whats up but he was too far and there is no way he would be able to tell him without raising alarm if needed.

Nayden thinks for a moment, where had he heard that name..... two word.... holy fuck. He’d sigh keeping calm, “I was trying to find my friend. We had gotten separated in the crowd, and being I cannot see, my feet were just swept along with whatever the tide of people were doing.” He tells Gerra looking down towards the ground.

“It wasn’t fun, and all the noise and vibrations were disorientating when I couldn’t grab onto something not moving away.” He confessed. He hoped that he wasn’t caught on, then maybe Taushan would be the only one furthering their plans for a while. Until he himself somehow escapes or comes back or something.

"Noise and vibrations?"

Gerra looked curiously at Nayden, remembering a blind woman he had befriended in Ragash. She saw the world through smells and sounds. Did this man have the same heightened senses, or was he merely frightened of the crowd?

"Of course. The city can be a bewildering place, the docks more so."

He shifted back and forth, staring in between the two immortals standing in front of him, trying to listen to what was being said. No luck, they were too far away. He laid a hand on his sword-hilt automatically, bringing a slight sense of comfort. Either way, he knew damn well that if it came to a fight he didn't have much of a chance.

The eyes behind the helmet scanned around, perhaps if he was fast enough he could grab Nayden and run? Their gear was much lighter than the immortal's, but they could only run on the streets, if they wanted to climb anything they'd be out of luck, Taushan had never seen Nayden be able to climb anything, never seemed to be able to find footholds, at least not very fast. Perhaps he could use the environment to fight?

Nayden looks a bit relieved, “So the docks are where I’m at.” He lets out a sigh of relief, “I was half thinking I was in a rough part of town.” With a happy smile Nayden gives a slight bow, “Since I now know where I am and it’s not where we meant to go. I’m going to take my leave now, thank you Gerra.” He says backing up some.

Just had to get to Taushan and they could get out of here. Hopefully he was paying a bit of attention to the ships as well other then trying to figure out a way to get him out of this unsavory situation. Giving a slight hand motion he hoped Taushan was able to see it, and lead him out of there like a normal person.

Gerra smelt and felt like some place he had been to a few times and he did not like the idea of it. His life force was a mixture of two different types.

• Yay
Reactions: Taushan Angevin