Open Chronicles Alliria

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Dulthir looked looked at Elliot, and smiled.
"Dunna worry yer wee head about me. I'll be around ta keep ye safe and sound... Elliot."
Dulthir looked to Ceri.
"Are ye done lass? Imma fixin ta head upstairs and get everything ready so we canna meet this Cap'n Marghast. Ther's no rush. I canna get our stuff by me self."
He puffed his pipe and sipped his coffee.
Ceridwen Syvis Elliot Aldmar

Syvis had remained fairly quiet. There was nothing she really wished to say. Plus she was a little grumpy in the mornings.

She made a face at Elliot as he glanced at her. It read something along the lines of what the fuck do you want. Before long the dwarf got up so she gave him a curt nod. She needed new clothes.

Syvis didn’t bother telling Elliot to move, she instead stood up and walked over him. She was careful to avoid stepping on him before hopping down. „I’ll be back soon.“ her hand waved dismissively behind her.

With that she approached the barkeep and tossed him a coin. She demanded he go get her new clothes from the ladies store across the way. Syvis could have done it herself but she liked the power of bossing around humans, especially the ones who couldn’t pull their heads up out of their ass to realize she had zero interest or respect for them.

"Afraid I'm all out of worry to spare," Elliot said, returning the same manner of smile Dulthir had shown to him. He'd be fine. If he did die though, maybe he'd make it a point to haunt Elliot so he could see what'd be written on his tombstone.

Elliot had his fill of food and drink. Better to have a hearty meal now and hold onto his provisions. In the vicinity of Alliria there were plentiful smaller towns in which to restock, certainly, but there was likewise no telling where and how far out they would range. The Reach wasn't the Blightlands, but there were indeed remote areas yet.

Dulthir and Ceridwen made to return to their room and collect their possibles, with the latter standing and speaking to him and Syvis.

Elliot stretched his neck one way and then the other and there was a quiet pop that he was satisfied with. Still he lounged in the booth, perhaps more so now with a full stomach. He said to Ceridwen, confirming, "Noon. South Market."

Ought to be plenty of time to find some clothes. Unless it was her prerogative to be bothered by a good half-a-company's worth of leering mercenaries. Elliot wouldn't speak on the matter either way--his opinion wasn't solicited so he'd reserve it.

Syvis, then, had a peculiar way of getting out of the booth. Just stood up, stepped over him, and hopped down to the floor. The close, blurred flash of passing legs had given him pause. Elliot, with one eye squinted, reckoned after a moment's passing that there was a first for everything. In a strange way he had to commend Syvis on breaking at her desire a rule, an unspoken social norm, that Elliot never would have even figured was a candidate to be broken.

I'll be back soon.

Elliot stood from the booth then. Collected his Bow. Said, "You know where to go."

And with that he started for the lobby and the front door. He'd provisions to secure and then his horse to reclaim from the stables.

Ceridwen Dulthir Syvis

• Yay
Reactions: Dulthir and Syvis
Dulthir nodded to the pair of elves, then took Ceri's hand and led her upstairs. He began gathering their belongings. As he did, he spoke to Ceri.
"So, what do ye think of those two? Personally, I think they should fook and get it over with."
He said this with a smile and a wink, unsure if Ceri would laugh or find his sense of humor... well,, not humorous.
"What do ye think love?"
Ceridwen

She laughed softly, shaking her head as she gathered her things quietly. She had a slight idea what he meant, at least she thought he did, but she did not know much about relations in that manner. She smiled softly as she waited for him to finish, leaning against the door.

"They are good... Hopefully." She tried not to judge them, she didnt know them but she would know them soon enough, no doubt. She watched him quietly, smiling innocently, chewing idly on the inside of her lip lightly.

Syvis waited as the barkeep returned with her clothes. A flowery blouse and a pair of leather pants.

She ran off into the bathroom and changed. Elliot had left the bar. Syvis made a face. He said Syvis could ride with him and if he left without her she was going to be extremely peeved. It’s the principle of the manner. She hadn’t even taken that long.

So she sat newly dressed with her hair done in a pretty way, waiting for the duo or Elliot to return.

Elliot arrived at the stables where he'd stationed his horse. He happened to see Onager and Perc leaving with theirs, crossing paths with them and they (Onager, mostly) told him about some back alley cockfighting they'd stumbled upon last night and that they'd stayed watching perhaps far longer than they should have. Elliot paid the stablemaster and led his horse by the reins out onto the street and checked his saddlebags, taking note of what he could use and what was well-enough stocked. Simple trip to a general store should suffice. Bone dust and specialty alchemical items he still had plenty of.

He mounted his horse and rode at a slow trot among the rising morning pedestrians along the streets. He'd a general store in mind and it just so happened to be along the street as the inn and further up it so he figured he might well stop by the inn again. Syvis and Dulthir and Ceridwen might well be gone, doing whatever they needed to do before noon or getting a proper headstart on the South Market, but it'd not be more than a short stop regardless.

Elliot arrived back at the inn and dismounted. Patted his horse on the neck and it stood where he'd gotten off and then he hopped up the three steps to the front door.

He opened it and took a cursory look about the lobby.

Syvis Dulthir Ceridwen

Dulthir looked around the room. They seemed to have everything. He walked over to Ceri and took her hand.
"Well, love, I believe that's everything. I think we're ready to head downstairs. Perhaps the elves are still down there. We could go ta the market together."
He looked at Karrazark.
"C'mon lad. Let's get a move on."
Karrazark grunted and walked out the door in front of them. Dulthir, still holding Ceri's hand, led her out the door, then shut it and they headed down to the lobby.

Ceri took Dulthir's hand gently with a bright smile as they headed out. She nodded softly at the idea of the elves being there again. If anyone in the company needed a ride they could ride her in her griffin form.

She looked around as they walked towards the tavern, she held her bag, smiling gently. She adored her short friend and was happy to hold his hand as they walked, they got some odd stares due to the difference in their heights and people assumed they were together since they were holding hands... but Ceri paid little attention to the onlookers.

She noticed Elliot Aldmar as they walked in, and Syvis as well. She had prettied up nicely, she was a beautiful elf as well, that was for sure and Ceri smiled to her gently.

Syvis’ face was less than impressed with Elliot. She marched across the bar at him prodding a finger on his chest plate. “You told me I could ride with you, then you went and buggered off! I wasn’t even gone that long.” She fumed at him. “Do you always go back on your word?” She interrogated.

She stopped her tirade to return Ceri’s smile with one of her own to flip the attack back on Elliot. Elven bastard!” Syvis called at him as she went and got a drink from the bar. She wasn’t that mad it was just the principle of the matter, don’t leave a lady alone at a bar after you told her she could ride with you.

Dulthir chuckled at the stares. They truly were a sight. But, he didn't care. They entered the lobby just in time to hear Syvis chewing on Elliot. She stormed off to the bar and Dulthir looked at the gray elf..
"Troubles lad?"
He chuckled. He and Ceri went to the bar,, and stood next to Syvis.
"Ye alright love? Seem a bit vexed."
He looked to the barkeep and ordered another coffee. He packed his pipe, then lit it. He looked to Ceri.
"Ye want anything love, before we head to the market?"

Syvis, certainly, made her presence known, storming right up to Elliot. He had thought that she'd already be off toward the South Market or doing what he was intending to do: provisioning. Though she had done some manner of it, as she was wearing new clothes. No armor, so far as he could tell, but that was between her and whatever god or machination accounted for her luck in not catching a stray arrow or sword slash.

Elliot just looked at her with an unamused countenance and said nothing as she fumed and poked his chestpiece. Elven bastard. Wouldn't be the first time he had been accused of being such.

Dulthir and Ceridwen were both still in the inn as well, descending down from the stairs at the tail end of it. Elliot watched Syvis storm off as she had stormed up, and then shifted his attention to Dulthir.

"All is well, brother."

Then a turn of his eyes back to Syvis. He'd not taken a step from the front door of the inn.

"I'm leaving for a general store before heading to the South Market," he said. "Either you're on my horse or you're not."

Up to her. If she wanted to stay and nurse that drink a little more, then it was a rather fine day for a walk to the South Market--wasn't terribly far--and then she could get on before the company moved out. Get on now, get on at the South Market, call it off, whatever suited her. But opportunity didn't wait and neither did Elliot.

He turned and went down the outside steps. Stood by his horse for just a moment.

Syvis Dulthir Ceridwen

• Yay
Reactions: Syvis
Ceri caught the tail end of Syvis' tearing into Elliot Aldmar, her emerald eyes flickering a slight grey for a moment as she tilted her head, her animalistic nature showing a little in the motion. She turned her eyes to Dulthir, unsure if being around the fuming female was a good idea. It was rare that she was around any angry elven, but when it happened, one generally wanted to stay away. At least, in her homeland.

She shook her head at Dulthir, quite content without a drink at this time. She smiled meakly to The elves again, thinking she had a better idea about what Dulthir had joked about, the tension between the two was, substantial and she chuckled, out of no-where. She stayed a step behind him, and sidestepped a little further from the pair as they "Talked" before Elliot turned to leave.

She wasn't sure if Syvis would follow, or wait now... and... if Dulthir was going to follow. She would stay with Dulthir, whichever he chose.

Syvis nodded and patted Dulthir’s cheek as he came to check on her. “Oh yeah I’m fine.” She said with a smile, “just peeved.” She smiled at Ceri. The girl seemed on edge, her rage wasn’t directed at the two of them so why would she take it out on them? After she said her peace Elliot started to rush her. She slammed back her drink and ran to follow him out the door.

“I’m a bastard too you know.” She told him in a tone that basically told him this was as close to an apology he was getting. She pulled out four daggers strapped in various parts of her legs “They’re in a bad place for riding.” Where you concealed your weapons made all the difference, she’d been nicked before. She lifted her shirt, and strapped them in there. Syvis realized she was in the middle of the street but she had things to do.

“You’re bigger.” She told him swinging onto the front of his horse. “Bigger goes in the back.”

Ceri turned down the offer for a drink. Dulthir finished his coffee. He chuckled at the elven pair.
"Well, love. Tis a beautiful day out. I think we should just walk to the market. I'm well stocked as far as provisions go. Is there anything ye need? We can stop and get it if ye like?"
He still had her hand in his. She hadn't pulled away. It was... comfortable. Just felt right. He smiled, and motioned for her to lean down just a bit. As she did, he kissed her lips softly.
"Thank ye fer reminding me life is fun,, and not just revenge. Truly, thank ye."
He put his pipe out and waited for her reaction, and reply .

"Well, love. Tis a beautiful day out. I think we should just walk to the market. I'm well stocked as far as provisions go. Is there anything ye need? We can stop and get it if ye like?"

She shook her head slightly, she couldn't think of anything as she watched Syvis followed Elliot Aldmar and then turned her gaze back to Dulthir. He motioned to her to bend down to him, she leaned in, thinking he was going to whisper something to her, but he didn't. He kissed her instead, she blinked as he pressed his lips to hers then pulled away.

"Thank ye fer reminding me life is fun,, and not just revenge. Truly, thank ye."

She smiled slightly and nodded a soft blush tickling her cheeks

"My pleasure" she said softly as she rested her chin on the top of his head for a moment looking to the door. "Let's head out.... I can shift if you'd like to ride me, or I can walk besides you and Karrazark in either of my 3 forms." had she mentioned her Anthro-form to him? She could not recall, but it didn't matter, he'd find out soon enough she had no doubt.

Ceri seemed to enjoy the kiss, as did he. Then she mentioned shifting. And a third form? He was sure he'd see it soon enough. She rested her chin on his head. He smiled. He looked up at her.
"I'd prefer ye walked beside me, love. What form is up to ye. You're beautiful no matter which form ye take."
He looked into her emerald orbs, again, getting lost for a moment. He smiled again.
"Aye, absolutely beautiful."
Ceridwen

"I'd prefer ye walked beside me, love. What form is up to ye. You're beautiful no matter which form ye take."

She turned her emerald orbs in @Dulthirs
direction again, their eyes locked for a few moments before she pulled her gaze away.

"Aye, absolutely beautiful."

The blush tickled her features again as she looked to the door, pulling lightly on his hand so they could leave.

"I will hide behind something and undress and shift... I would prefer my Griffin form when we go where we are going. People tend to give more respect to a massive animal than any female human. I would prefer not to have to relocate anyone's body parts today."

She smiled sweetly, a slight hint of the dangerous creature that she could be in her words. She kissed his forehead, moving her other hand to his other hand. "Come on!" she giggled.

I'm a bastard too you know.

"I suppose we're each in good company then."

And there were her weapons. Daggers, and plenty of them. Give her a bow and a dash of necromancy and they'd not be so far apart. Elliot watched as she rearranged her weaponry, giving his horse a curt pat on the snout when it snorted and shook its head. Plenty of energy now, but if they had to drive their horses as hard as they did on the last contract, the mare'd be grateful for a trot instead of a gallop before long.

Syvis took the initiative and hopped up onto the horse first and, you know what, Elliot was quite alright with that. Weighing in her professed occupation, perhaps it was better to have her in front of him instead of behind. He wasn't any taller than her but she could lounge forward some and that would do well enough.

Elliot jumped up onto the saddle behind Syvis and put his feet in the stirrups and reached his arms around her waist and took hold of the reins. A light snap and his horse started off at a trot down the street.

"To be clear," he said, "I can't promise you any safety once we get into it."

Then, in a lighter, facetious tone, "Your new clothes might get dirty. Bloody. Hope you're bringing some salt."

Syvis Dulthir Ceridwen

Dulthir chuckled at Ceri's exuberance. He followed her out the tavern, tossing a bag of coins to the inn keeper as they passed. He stood watch for to go undress and shift.
"Go ahead lass. Do what ye gotta do. I'll keep an eye out... that is unless ye need some help."
He patted her playfully on the ass, smiling at her..

“You’re a dunce if you think I need a man to protect me Elliot. I’ve been trained to be a weapon my whole life.” She snorted at him. Syvis had moved her head to the side so he could see, the end result was her head laying on his shoulder.

She giggled at his salt comment. “I always keep it on me handsome.”

He had a pretty horse. “What’s your steed’s name?” She questioned giving the horse a pat on the neck.

She squeeked slightly at the tap, eying him playfully before undressing and folding her clothes and putting them in one of Karrazarks bags before shifting to her pure Griffin form. Her pale flesh melting into her usual white feathers and fur, adorned with dark grey stripes. She shook off as she turned her head back towards Dulthir before lifting her beak to the sky, taking a deep breath to bring the elves scent to her so they could follow.

She chortled to Dulthir waiting to head after them. She opened her massive wings, stretching them as she waited.

Last edited:
Dulthir watched her transform. "Beautiful..." was all that could come to mind. He walked up to her and stroked her side. Then he looked into her eyes.
"Well, beautiful, let's head to the market. C'mon Karrazark. No time ta fook around lad."
Karrazark had begun rooting around, looking for bugs to snack on. He grunted at Dulthir's comment, then the trio headed toward the market.

"Well, beautiful, let's head to the market. C'mon Karrazark. No time ta fook around lad."

She coood softly as Dulthir stroked her side lightly. She lowered her head, nuzzling the top of her beak against his chest, her eyes falling closed for a moment before popping back open to look to his eyes. She rested her forehead against his lightly, looking him in the eyes, her beak resting against his nose for a few seconds before she huffed playfully through her nares, exhaling a hot gust of air in his face as she twisted and bounded away with a lash of her tail.

She got a few dozen feet between them and dropped her chest to the ground, flank high in the air, scaled forelimbs stretched out in front of her as she wiggled her flank, challenging Karrazark to chase her slightly. The sight was odd, somewhere between a playful puppy, and a horrifying beast of death.

She waited for either of them to head her way before screeching playfully, spinning and bounding away with a flick of the tail. She always stopped to make sure they were following and safe. It felt good to be in the open, stretching her legs and wings again. She could still smell @Elliot Aldmars horse so she knew where to go.

Last edited: