Private Tales A Taste of This World

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Genevieve bit his thumb playfully and then nodded towards one of the taverns. It didn't look like the best but it also wasn't the worst. It was just the one that was there and probably the most frequented but the muscley workers. Yes, that would do.

"We will go to The Tattered Rose," she said with a smile. "We will get a drink and some food and find the perfect body for me...I mean you," she smiled widely at the Demon.

As she figured, the tavern was just a tavern. Simple, clean, and dark. The tavern held a long bar along the side of the room with booths and tables spread out throughout the rest of it.

Genevieve pulled Coran down into the booth next to her. It was easier to talk next to each other.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Coran
"That sounds perfect, my little dove." Coran said with a wide smile as he felt himself tugged towards the tavern.

The Demon offered not an ounce of rejection towards Genevieve's suggestion, instead letting himself be drawn towards the Tattered Rose. Once they were inside his gaze swept over the inside, watching, considering those within.

A brief smile was flashed to the hostess who direct them to the booth, though lingering only for a brief fiew seconds. "Do you see anyone you like?"

Coran asked, leaning gently into Genevieve.

"They all seem so..." He mused. "Ordinary, to my eye."

Then again, most humans did.

Genevieve had only ever been with fae males and humans - even the skin Coran currently wore - were all poor comparisons. Even the most attractive of the humans was still below what she would normally want.

"They are all ordinary," she whined and looked around the tavern again. She had ordered a glass of red wine when they had first sat down and now she was working on her third one.

She took another drink as the door opened and a tall man walked into the tavern. He was probably the best looking thing she had seen since they had arrived in this town. Genevieve downed the rest of her wine and leaned over close to Coran.

"That one," she said with a smile in her voice. "He will do fine," she finished.

• Smug
Coran turned his head as Genevieve spoke. Glancing at the man who had stepped inside. He was an official of some sort, that much was clear. He would not have pegged the man as a noble, but most certainly something close to it.

A smile flickered over his features. "I suppose he will, My Darling."

He told her, and then let out a long breath. Suddenly the body beside Genevieve seemed to shift, and black smoke poured from his mouth and nose. It ruptured onto the floor, and a scream echoed through the room as a dark cloud consumed the inside of the Tavern.

It ruptured, rushed through the entire building.

For a second the entirety of the tavern was filled with utter blackness. Swept away like a sandstorm in the midst of the desert. Screams should have echoed out, resounded, and yet there was a complete and utter lack of sound.

Not a step.

Not a whisper.

Nothing.

There was nothing.

Then, just as quickly as the smoke had come, it disappeared. In a rush the darkness folded away.

Dozens of corpses lay around the Tattered Rose. Waitresses, patrons, the body that Coran had worn until seconds ago. The only people left standing, or sitting, were Genvieve and the man who had stepped through the door. "Lovely."

He mused.

"The man was a mage." Coran said, glancing down at his hands.

• Aww
Reactions: Genevieve Belisario
Genevieve was speechless as she watched Coran switch bodies. It was quite possibly the most amazing and beautiful thing she had ever seen. What power her demon had. What glorious power and so many humans dead in a flash.

She had to admit that the man was much better looking now that Coran was in control of the body. The fae stood up and walked towards Coran. She had to be sure to miss the bodies as she walked but she made it to stand in front of the new Coran.

Genevieve smirked and ran her hand down his cheek. "Yes, I like this one a lot," she said and looked up at him. He was taller than the old Coran and she liked it.

• Popcorn
"Hm." He mused for a moment."Yes."

Every skin felt different. Every time he changed it felt a bit different.

He thought it had something to do with the mind, the desires of those whom he took. This man had been an ambitious one, he had wanted power. That had not been all, the greed he felt...it was deliciously human in such a way.

Something Coran could feel even now. "I like him too."

The Demon decided.

"He had a home here, a manor." He glanced down at Genevieve finally. "Perhaps we should go see it."

Genevieve was still intently studying the new face of her Demon when he mentioned going to the manor. His manor. Their manor. How he she gone this long without finding someone who treated her like the Queen she should be.

"Oh yes! I wonder if they have a nice big bath," she mused with a wink. Her thoughts went back to that strange first meeting where they had ended up bathing together.

Why were all those memories a little hazy though? Was something wrong with her mind? She shrugged it off. It had been a tiring few days. She just needed to rest.

Before they left, Genevieve took a moment to wrap her hands around his neck and bring her lips to his new ones in a kiss. Yes...the lips would do too.

• Popcorn
Another kiss, another little clue of what he would do next.

Coran had been counting the days this time, making sure that he knew when it would be time. Fingers floated over her skin for a brief moment, lingering just long enough to trace against her before he pulled away and took in an unneeded breath. "Maybe they will."

He mused.

"Let's find out, shall we?" Coran said, offering a gently guiding hand as they began to walk out the door.

As he moved to the entrance a frown flickered over his features, head turning back. "Ah we should...clean this mess."

Fingers came up, and a snap rang out. A flicker ran through the room, and then the corpses upon the ground seemed to turn to dust. Running into the air. "Yes I think i'll enjoy wearing this body thin."

Coran mused as they made their way outside.

Genevieve put her hands in Coran's but they didn't make it far before he turned around and snapped the tavern clean.

She smiled and laughed, "how delightful!"

The two left the tavern and made their way back towards the carriage. Genevieve had been enjoying looking over the new Coran and she was sure she would enjoy this body too.

"So what are we going to do the rest of the day, my dear?"

Coran stepped alongside Genevieve as they once again entered Whitebridge. A smile flickered over his features, eyes softer than they had been in his old body. He peered around them as they meandered through the crowd.

Most gave them a glance or two, and as they passed by he heard whispers.

"What's Lord Alderman doing with that woman?"

"Oh his wife will be most displeased."

"Well the Marquis did always enjoy his...extracurricular."

Amusement flickered over his features, but he did not stop. "I think we should see my new home, check for that bath."

The Demon Mused as he guided her towards the northern half of the city.

"I think we'll find a little fun there." Perhaps even more than that.

Genevieve smiled at the whispers and even winked at one woman who looked like she was about to feint.

"Do you think we should just kill the entire village? I don't like the way they are looking at us," she said as she smiled at her Demon.

They continued to talk together hand in hand with Coran taking the lead. He seemed to know where the manor was and that made her wonder if he got the memories of the body he wore as well. She was not one who enjoyed wondering so she simply asked the question that was on her mind.

"Do you get the memories of the bodies you inhabit?"

Coran looked around as they walked, observing the same thing as Genevive. "Perhaps."

It would have been a lie to say that he had not considered the same thing.

Not for the same reasons. Coran didn't much care about how humans looked at him. It would be as if a man cared about the appearance of an ant. They were beneath him, their thoughts, their judgment all of it was simply a pathetic nuisance.

"This village is quite a bit larger than the others." He mused. "Some would escape."

There was no rounding up all of them. Not here. "And yes. I do."

Coran told her. "Some try to keep them from me, but none manage for long. This one...seems to almost volunteer."

"From the sounds of it, his wife is nothing to keep around so he is probably grateful for the reprieve," Genevieve chuckled as the continued their walk.

Coran led them to an iron gated manor and Genevieve sneered at the gate. That was something she wouldn't be touching. This world had too much iron in it and she had to make sure she was extra careful. Death did not become her.

The manor itself was nothing like her castle but it was nice enough. Huge ivory and brown stones made up the exterior of the large home. There were so many windows that she was sure made it beautifully bright during the daylight hours. It looked quint and peaceful. A nice family manor.

Too bad they were going to fuck that up...

• Popcorn
"Oh yes the wife..." Coran trailed up as they passed through the small wooden gate ahead of them. It wasn't the largest building the village, but enough to make even most feel at least slightly impressed.

The gate closed behind them as he continued. "She can go."

Coran said with a wave of his hand, not bothering to stop as he began to climb the steps in front of them. A hand gently nudged at the door, his strength causing the splintering of the metal lock with a loud crack. The doors fell open a second later.

"WHOSE THAT?! TELWIN?!"​

A voice called, a portly woman with raven hair running down the steps with a voice like a screeching fox.

Genevieve immediately felt bad for Telwin and understood why he liked his extracurricular activities. She already had a headache and they had been in the house for two seconds.

"I am the woman that Telwin is throwing you out for," Genevieve replied with the sweetest smile as she pulled closer to Coran and put a hand on his chest. "So now it is time for you to die..."

The fae would have normally compelled the woman to shut the fuck up but she wanted to see her sputtering response first. Oh the entertainment.

• Popcorn
Coran didn't speak as Genevieve made her declaration.

The portly woman's features contorted first into confusion, and then anger. Her eyes went wide, and she looked at Genevieve as though one might a rat that had dared to slip into the bath house.

"How DARE YOu!"​

She shouted.

"You little street hussy."​

Coran felt his eyebrows raise.

"Do you have any idea who I am? What I can do to you? What are you a street whore? Some little strumpet he found on the corner alleyway when he was making his way around town? Ha! Don't make me laugh."​

The woman shook her head, continuing her tirade.

"This house? His wealth? It's mine. He'll never leave me. Not for some two bit tramp."​

Genevieve unhooked her hand from Coran's and stepped forward. The portly woman had made her way to stand closer to the duo so it was only a few steps until Genevieve had her hand around her throat. It cut off any other words that could have come from her lips. The fae was going to kill her but now she just wanted to take her will away and make her suffer by watching the man she thought was her husband with another woman.

Genevieve looked down into the woman's eyes and started to speak to her about how she was going to do whatever she was told and she would do it with a smile. She saw the click of control and she let go of her throat.

Then being the haughty bitch that she was, Genevieve sauntered back over to Coran and pulled him into a deep kiss.

• Popcorn
"How Vindictive of you, darling." Coran said as he gently pulled himself away from Genevieve's kiss. For a brief moment he wondered how strong her control was, how powerful a hold it could actually be on those humans with stronger will.

Even his possessions were not total, not when someone fought back. More often than not it ended with the victim dead, but despite their mortality humans had a surprising...tenacity. "It's lovely."

He mused.

"Come." Coran told her as he plucked her palm into his and began to make his way up the staircase. "We can explore a-"

Before he could finish a loud thunderous knock echoed out behind them. The pounding of armored fists ringing upon the massive double doors of the manor.

Genevieve was more than ready to explore the manor when the knocking started. The very loud knocking. Genevieve let out a long (unnecessarily dramatic) sigh and turned towards the door.

"Well it seems we are not wanted in this town anymore, my dear. I am guessing they have a problem with a tavern full of dead bodies," she shrugged and looked up at her demon.

"What shall we do?"

• Popcorn
Coran stepped down from the stairs, moving towards the door. He glanced briefly back towards Genevieve as she questioned what they would do. A frown flickered over his features for a brief moment. "I suppose they might."

It had been rather a mess.

"Let's see..." Coran peered through the small peephole on the left door, his fingers tightening for a moment as saw the fingers lingering beyond.

At first he thought they were Templar. The armor they wore was made of leather, marked with strange symbols. Yet as he got a closer look it appeared they were something all together different. On their belt sat whips, manacles made of iron, swords forged of the same.

Across their chest were bandoleers with strange vials, each one containing a different liquid. "Well thats...interesting."

Coran mused, and then the man in front thundered on the door once more.

"COME OUT! WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!"​

Genevieve tilted her head to the side at Coran's words. That's interesting usually did not bode well in situations like this.

Before she would respond with her own question, there came a booming voice with demands.

"COME OUT! WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!"

Genevieve scowled at the words.

"Yes, I would say they are quite upset, but what is interesting?"

• Popcorn
"They do not have steel." He said, glancing back towards Genevieve with a slight frown.

Of course, Coran did not know the intricacies of such things. No blade could harm him, not even those that had been blessed by the Templar. It took something far more than a simple magic to truly carve away at his being. Though his bodies were always vulnerable of course.

Slowly he pulled away from the peephole. "Their blades are of iron."

He mentioned, almost idly.

"And they have whips." Coran moved towards the door handle. "I suppose we should invite them in."

The demon said non-chalantly.

Genevieve did not scare easily. In fact, she could count the number of time on one hand that it had happened. This situation scared her. Men had come here with iron weapons. The only thing that could really harm her.

She took a moment to cast a glamour over herself. There was not much she could do since they had already seen her but she was able to make herself appear shorter and her ears were now rounded. She could only hope that they didn't have someone with the magic to see through it.

The fae nodded at Coran to open the door as she came to stand next to him.

Coran yanked gently on the door handle. "Good eve-"

Before he could finish speaking the sentence the men burst through the doorway. Two of them almost immediately drew their iron blades, the third ripped forward and began to stalk towards Genevieve without even saying a word.

"Step away from her!"​

The man hissed, placing a hand on Coran's chest and shoving him backwards.

A brow raised as the Demon was pushed back by the man, an iron blade flickering up to his throat. He glanced down, then over towards the other man who was practically stalking towards the Fae.

"Don't try to hide, little fae. We know what you are."​

The man's voice was hoarse, broken, as though his throat had been half torn.

"Come with us and don't make no trouble."​

As the men stalked forward they practically ignored Coran, only keeping him at bay so he would not try to interfere.

Iron wouldn't kill Genevieve outright but that did not mean she wanted to deal with it. It was not like other wounds that would heal quickly on her. Wounds caused by iron healed like all wounds healed on humans. That was terrible enough to avoid the stuff.

Genevieve backed up as the men stalked towards her. "I am afraid you are mistaken!" She said with a genuine fear in her voice even with some extra dramatics.

"I am not a fae! Fae aren't even real!" She had almost hit the wall now. She was running out of places to move. The men were deliberately not making eye contact. She would have laughed if this wasn't so serious.

• Popcorn