Open Chronicles A night to remember (open)

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Lectrix was pleasantly surprised at the man's ability to adapt to the situation so well. Usually, the move he just did would bring a man down immediately, and yet, this man was able to counter. However, counterattack was Lectrix game, one he rarely lost. He still had one free hand and the momentum of his swing to work with. He eyes the jab that Flint was building up, one that would most likely be aimed to separate the two. He could use that to his advantage. The only way he could win this is to keep out of the man's area of attack, and keeping him in his own. His left hand was free, the hand that held his bracer, his most valued weapon. Able to withstand any sort of attack, it would prove useful here. Lectrix put his arm up to his face and turned his head parallel to it, gritting his teeth as he planned to take the powerful jab and use it to get out Flint's reach. Using the force that would send him back would allow his sword to be able to take Flint's balance with him, pulling Flint's leg in the direction of where Lectrix would be pushed back to.

Flint's hand raced for Lectrix' face, hoping to knock the man down quickly, and have the fight done with. Unexpectedly, the assassin raised his free hand in a block, and Flint chided himself for not seeing it coming. In the moment he had thought himself outwitted, when magic flared up his punching arm. His hand snapped open, vice-gripping his opponent's wrist. He wouldn't get many chances like that, with his current magical reserves. Flint knew he had to make the most of what he had. Tightening his grip, the barber realised they were locked tight. His hands seized Lectrix' arms, and the assassin's blade looped around his free leg. Realising he had but one option, the barber raised his free leg, putting all his weight on Lectrix, to bring them both to the ground. As they moved, he felt the blade bite into his leg, but Flint believed he had a better chance on the ground that the current grapple they found themselves in

Lectrix was in a really bad position. He was naturally skilled in standing combat, any whatsoever. But wrestling, he had never done well. His particularly scrawny stature, as well as his height, made this so. He had to escpae from this position somehow. Flint's hand was wrapped around his unbreakable bracer, one that contained most of the equipment that Lectrix used for his excursions. What Flint didn't know is that people used to try to take off his bracer, leading Lectrix to install a fail-safe on the bracer, one that was could be triggered by Lectrix touching a button on his wrist, which was free to access by him. He pushed the button, sending a burst of smoke into the air in his and Flint's vicinity. He was used to the trigger of the smoke, and the smoke was meant to confuse, leading him to seek an escape. His legs were free, and positioned himself to push the man off of him.

• Yay
Reactions: Flint
Rainie wondered if the two of them would go in the water. It would serve them right, she thought. She continued to play an obnoxious tune on her lute, and called out:

"Hey, boys! Here's a riddle for you! I shave every day but my beard stays the same! What am I?"

She kept her tune going as she watched, simply smiling and shaking her head.

Lectrix Flint

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Flint
Flint practically growled as the assassin pushed him away. He landed on his back a few metres away from the other man, slowly pulling himself to a seating position as Rainie spouted her riddle. He thought about it for a moment, before realising the trick to the saying. "Me! I do! Erm, I mean a barber I suppose". Drunkenness had drawn his attention from the fight and to the riddle, and somehow in his daze he'd thought up the solution

• Yay
Reactions: Rainie