Fable - Ask A New Noose

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
Cosmo playfully pouted at both of her companions but then nodded with a soft smile. In the end, they were right. As much as she wanted to just walk in, seduce someone and walk out. That was going to get her seen, and she needed to think about the long con. If not for her, then for her friends.

"I guess you are right about that...I'm still confident and I can get her name and maybe even a rough outline of her daily schedule. The brothel excels in information gathering, it is our second greatest skill."

"I'm sure you can figure out what is the first."
This time she shot a wink toward Oralie.

With the last little tease given, Cosmo seemed to grow a bit more serious. She now had a timeline of things she needed to get moving before the day ended.

Aleric Oralie

• Yay
Reactions: Oralie and Aleric
Aleric smiled at his two companions, some small part of him feeling a weight lifted off its shoulders.

It has been a long, long time since he'd been able to trust someone. The gutters had always made it difficult, almost impossible. When everyone was fighting for the same scraps, it was hard not to expect a knife in the back. Constant paranoia and vigilance were the only way to keep alive in the slums.

He had taken years to build a group of companions and friends that he had actually believed in. All of whom had been torn away from him when he'd been taken to Harrowgate. Then, the Prison had somehow even been worse than the slums he'd grown up in. Often, in the darkness of his cells, he'd yearned more than anything for a friendly face. Someone he could speak to, confide in, or simply trust they would not steal what little he had left.

It was not easy building trust, but this time…maybe this time he would manage it a little bit faster. "Alright."

Aleric said with a nod. "Then call us when you have something."

The Hanged Man said before taking his leave of the other two.

He left them, and did exactly as he had said. Speaking to Lileas and his other contacts, getting what he could on the father. Though it was a shock to him when only a day or two later Cosmo reached out. A small missive sent his way. It held little information, though that in it of itself no surprise. They all knew better than to write anything down which might give away their score.

So, Aleric wrote back, and on the very same night he found himself standing inside the old abandoned saw mill. No torches flickered, nor were any lanterns lit. The darkness shrouded him as footsteps echoed out just beyond his sight. Eyes narrowing through the soft drizzle of night rain.

He smiled as he began recognizing Oralie's silhouette. His eyes already adjusted to the dark as she came stepping up towards the ancient building.

"This fast it's either good news, or very bad." Aleric remarked by way of greeting.

• Cry
Reactions: Oralie
Oralie had felt that a week had been generous, perhaps too generous. At the same time, a week didn’t even feel generous at all, it was too short, too little. Cosmo had been right, two weeks would have been better. More time meant Oralie could think more and if she could think more than she could make less mistakes.

Regardless, she had set out on her little mission. She had to be careful when it came to using the rings, unfortunately, she had a couple rather distinctive tattoos and eyes, even with a cloak and turtle-neck and heavy make up on her skin, nothing could hide the glowing bronze mark on her tongue. Sometimes it went unnoticed, sometimes it didn’t.

And in the Gutters, everyone had a trained eye.

She was lucky she knew how to work around that, how to slip things into certain pockets and figure out who would be more likely to pick a ring off the ground and sell it. Oralie was also smart enough in gathering paltry information because of the rings in her possession. Some would keep their mouth shut if it meant their family would be able to eat for a month. She only had two rings left by the time they were all called to the Sawmill.

This time,” Oralie spoke to Aleric, quickly casting her gaze around to try and find Cosmo. “You could say it is both.” For if what Oralie heard was true, and Cosmo’s brief message was true, and she was putting all the pieces together correctly, the Geoffrey’s sister was going to be harder to snag than him. Much harder. Speaking of Geoffrey… “So how is he doing?” Oralie asked.

Cosmo Aleric

• Smug
Reactions: Aleric
Cosmo stormed into the abandoned mill with a loud huff. He was wearing dark clothes, covered by his cloak. Even with the need for secrecy, and Cosmo's clearly bad mood, he could not help but make a bit of an entrance.

"It's bad, or just fucking annoying...She doesn't Aleric, just sitting inside her home like some damn hibernation bear. For four days, we have watched her and the best look we ever got of her was through a window."

At one point, Cosmo had very much considered asking Oralie to just storm inside and take her.

"There is a small light at the end of the tunnel, but...you might not like it."

Cosmo's shot a glance toward Oralie to let her finish the rest of the explanation, Cosmo was very clearly just irritated without how she had expected things to go.

Aleric Oralie

• Stressed
Reactions: Aleric and Oralie
"He cries a lot." Aleric said, a slight hint of annoyance in his voice. Not at Oralie, of course, but mostly because of the obnoxious manchild he'd been dealing with over the last few days. He could hardly believe that one of Vel Anir's 'elite' was so much of a fucking baby.

"And I haven't even laid a finger on him since the alley!" The Hanged Man complained. "I got him some wine last night and he told me all about his father, apparently the guy is fucking awful to everyone."

Including his son.

Turned out, being born rich didn't exempt you from shitty parents. Who knew?

Aleric was about to say something else, when Cosmo appeared with a trademark flourish. A curse escaping his lips almost immediately as his companion relayed the news about Geoffrey's sister. His head shaking as he immediately began to run through half a dozen scenarios in his head, none of them ending particularly well. Breaking into a Noble manor was one thing, hell a good Turtledove like Lil could just walk into the place.

But that was different than kidnapping, or stealing a ring off of someone's finger. Doing something like that would leave a trail, an-

Aleric cut off his train of thought, glancing between Oralie and Cosmo. Noting the sheepish look the latter shot towards the former. "What?"

He asked. "I can't hate it anymore than the thought of breaking into the place."

The Hanged Man said, not realizing how wrong he was.

Oralie waited for a moment more, making sure that what she was about to say was going to break the news as easy as possible to the Hanged Man.

Henrietta Auclair is noted in society as a paranoid recluse.” Oralie said, summing up Cosmo’s words nice and neat with a little bow on top. “She has two sons, both that attend Aurel Academy. Cecil and Duncan Auclair. Cecil is fourteen, Duncan is eight. Both boys are at the top of their class. Auclair family does give heavy donations throughout the year, and at the end of every year, those that donate a certain amount are invited to a dinner.” Oralie’s lips twitched into a smile before going back to a frown.

We’ve missed that opportunity already, but Henrietta does always attend that dinner every year. There’s also one other event she attends without fail. The Awards Ceremony. Which just so happens to be tomorrow. Both of her boys, as they are top of her class, should be receiving awards as they have the years before.

Well, that was the good news. Now for the bad news.

Unfortunately, she never leaves her home without a few bodyguards but her husband has never made a appearance at the school. So if we can separate her from her bodyguards… well, then we have her.

Cosmo Aleric

• Stressed
At this point, Cosmo's anger had shifted to a look of disgust as he finally took a seat. He was closely watching Aleric to see his reactions to all of this. Hopefully, he hated this idea as much as he did.

"We thought about the idea of just jumping the guards and then a snatch and grab, but that is a little too loud for us and the guards are not that incompetent."

He grew silent as he shot a look to Oralie before he sighed and continued talking. Digging inside his bag, he pulled out their forms that seemed to already be filled out.

"However, the one place they would not be expecting us to come from would be inside the school...as students."

While he understood the plan was one of the best they had, Cosmo absolutely hated the idea. The rich were all so noble and pompous. Looking down on those like him, even though they used their services more than any other. They were hypocrites.

Oralie Aleric

• Stressed
Aleric listened to all the information, frowning as Oralie imparted more and more detail until finally he made the connection.

A long sigh escaped him before his companion even finished. Head coming forward to solidly fall into his palm as he began to rub at his face. Fingers pinched at the bridge of his nose, and as he did so Cosmo helpfully displayed the portrait that Oralie had painted.

And he hated it.

He hated it more because he knew they were right.

From everything that Oralie and Cosmo had been able to find out, they really would be best suited going in as students. No one would be looking at a bunch of brats, and with a bit of makeup and tricks of the trade they could probably pass as students for a day or two.

"This is going to be awful." Aleric said, more to himself than the other two as he took in another breath. Head shaking as he finally pulled his palm away from his face and looked at the other two.

"Then that's what we do." No use in arguing about it. He trusted Oralie and Cosmo's assessment. If they said this was the best way, then that was it. "I presume you already have a plan?"

He asked, knowing they likely would.

Aleric half wanted to fill them in on what he'd learned about the father, but decided that it was best not to put the cart before the horse.

• Stressed
Of course,” Oralie said to Aleric’s question. She glanced at Cosmo then at Aleric. The two of them had spoken before seeing Aleric tonight. They had discussed a few plans, a lot of them were scrapped. But a few did seem that they could work.

Unless we say I’m a Luana,” Oralie began, “I think it’s best if you and Cosmo infiltrate the school as students. These tattoos will show, even with make up.” It was hard to hide the glowing, and if anything, Oralie wanted to be ready to use her cursed speech when they needed it. “But I’ll be in the school with you. I got hired on as a janitor.” At least the janitorial uniform meant she could wear a mask and gloves, keeping her tattoos hidden.

Now, you two would have to be seniors.” Her lips quirked up in a wry grin and she tried to hold back a giggle as she thought just exactly what Aleric and Cosmo would be doing. “But it’s a small school, everyone knows everyone in their grade. But Cecil is fourteen. He wouldn’t know any seniors, at least not the whole class. Get Cecil to like you enough in time for the rewards ceremony, and maybe we get close to his mother that way.”

The issue was more so in figuring out how to get the mother alone and away from her guards, but if they could use Cecil in any way to expedite it, Oralie felt there was no other way faster than befriending Cecil.

We’ll try and keep some parts of the plan open, just in case.” Oralie added, trying to look reassured although the fact that nothing was concrete in this plan was giving her far more anxiety than the others.

Cosmo Aleric

That was one reason that Cosmo did not like the plan. Oralie got the easy job of being a janitor. Meanwhile, he and Aleric had to go and kiss the ass of some kid.

He pointed down to the papers that he had pulled from his bag earlier.

"I already had a friend who will process these papers for us. We will be registered as students by the end of the day."

The most annoying part about all of this was that these fancy schools weren't as...understanding of people like Cosmo who lived life...fluidly. He would be forced to stay in this form for the entire time. It would not be too much of a problem, but he just hated not having the option.

"I'm confident we can get the kid to like us. Aleric, you are the brains so being as a student will allow you to make more spur-of-the-moment decisions as things change. As for the guards, I haven't thought that far, but maybe we can just drug them or something."

Aleric Oralie

• Cry
Aleric subtly pinched himself, making sure that this wasn't some sort of horrid dream. When he felt the pain, he knew that sadly reality was still surrounding him. With another heavy sigh he simply shook his head and walked over towards one of the nearby empty crates. "Alright."

He said in agreement.

There wasn't faulting any part of their plan. From what they knew this really was the only way, and the two of them had already put all of it together. There was nothing to do except show up the next day and...be a pair of seniors and a Janitor.

"I never went to school." Aleric commented, glancing at the two of them. He'd always assumed neither had they. The only person who he did know attended any sort of education was Amos, and they'd long seen him out of the Gutters even before Aleric had gone to prison. "Either of you know what its like?"

Aleric asked, both curious and trying to get a better sense of...well, who the fuck he was going to be tomorrow.

• Nervous
Oralie understood her job was the one to be envious one in this scenario. Perhaps it would have been better to give it to someone like Aleric— Oralie would never say it to his face, but he didn’t look his age. He had been aged, the way the Gutters seemed to age almost everyone. But Aleric, more than anyone, had that look in his eye, something beyond his years.

She wondered if Cosmo’s skill with make up and dress could hide such a distinguished look.

Didn’t have school on my island.” Oralie said finally, leaning against the wall and trying to resist the urge to pace back and forth. “But they teach you things you apparently never use.” Or so she had heard from a few guardsmen who once made jokes at the expense of a fourth level dreadlord in the unit. Strangely enough, those men and women were dead by the end of the week.

I think I’ll have access to the hall they’ll be using for the Awards Ceremony. I’ll draw out a map for us the moment I can see inside, figure out how they’ll set things up and maybe if they have assigned seating.” Oralie offered. “Of course, if either of you get overwhelmed, you’re more than welcome to hide in the janitor’s closet. I hear all the cliques can be brutal at lunch time.

Cosmo Aleric

• Sip
Cosmo just rolled his eyes at his two allies, realizing that a lot of the early work would be up to him, Even though...

"I never went to school, but the Matron did teach me all the necessities. Those of us are too young for our more...popular services, also served young nobles as servants or in other forms, so I have been to these schools before. They are..."

They sucked. Plain and simple. The people there were not focused on learning, and most of them treated the game as one large networking event. Like some sort of mini-game of politics.

"Basically, a bunch of classes that teach you information that doesn't teach too much real-world knowledge. That is a little unfair, but the average person does not need to know Dyothenese's 25 rules of moral ethics. The rest is just a bunch of cliques either battling it out to be the most important or trying to hide and avoid the most important."

It truly was a microcosm for the elitist world, and...

This was going to be absolutely awful for Aleric.

"People are going to like you. You are handsome, and a little on the edgy side. So try and keep your head down and don't stir up anything."

Aleric Oralie

• Bless
  • Haha
As his two companions explained more on the topic of what school was like Aleric couldn't help but think it was somewhat close to Prison. Not the teaching part, though there were plenty of lessons to be learned inside the walls of Harrowgate.

The cliques, though, sounded very familiar.

Gangs were a natural human instinct. Forming together for one reason or another often based on nothing but superficial base attributes. In Harrowgate it had been everything from the color of ones skin to support of the monarchy.

He wondered if it would be the same at this school.

"Best track is to get close to the kid, so I guess we find his clique first." The Hanged man said with a frown. Considering for a moment on how to best do that before Cosmo offered him some personal advice.

As he spoke Aleric blinked, staring at the Companion for a moment before then looking to Oralie. "Maybe I'll just spend most of my time in the closet."

• Stressed
  • Haha
Reactions: Cosmo and Oralie
Oralie looked from Cosmo to Aleric.

Dyothenese's Twenty-five Rules of Moral Ethics.” Oralie repeated and then wrinkled her nose in disgust. It sounded tiring. And not useful. From as far as Oralie could tell, Anirians didn’t care about morals or ethics, just their bottom line.

I heard.” Oralie said slowly, “that the oldest son is quite popular. He’s called the perfect student, and all the girls refer to him as the Prince of the Academy.” She shrugged. Only things she had heard, nothing had been proven. Perhaps they would enter the school and learn that Cecil was a outcast and people were just making things up because of their last name.

She frowned. This task was going to be difficult. More than she had originally thought.

Just try not to get into any fights. The Academy has a elegance policy.” The last thing she’d say to both Cosmo and Aleric.

Cosmo Aleric

• Stressed
Cosmo rolled his eyes and leaned over to give Aleric a soft nudge on the shoulder before smirking and looked at Oralie.

"Please, look at us. We are the epitome of elegance...As for the fighting, that may be harder."

Aleric was already comparing school to prison, and they had to make friends with some popular kid. Cosmo was not stupid. He knew that they would look like outcasts, especially at first. They would be easy targets for the popular clique.

"We will need to be careful...Al, just remember to smile be nice, and if this Cecil kid is a pompous asshole then just kiss his ass. They love that stuff."

Cosmo went about gathering up the forms he had shown them just a moment before.

"That should be all of it."

Aleric Oralie

• Stressed
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Aleric and Oralie
Aleric pinched the bridge of his nose. "Be nice, don't fight..."

He shook his head, maybe this place was nothing like prison after all.

A long breath dragged into his lungs as he tried to right all of this in his head. He tried to remind himself of a time before Harrowgate, when not every solution had been the hammer slamming down on the anvil. There had been a time when he'd been charming.

When most of their cons had relied on talking, convincing, and lying.

He had to get back into that mindset. He had to get back into that place if this was going to work. Harrowgate had broken him, but he had to...he had to get back to what he was if he wanted to survive. They needed this if they were going to go against the GraveRobber, and Aleric refused to be the one to fuck it up.

"I can do it." The Hanged man said, more trying to convince himself than his companions.

Swallowing, he glanced at Cosmo and Oralie. "Let's get started."
proxy.php
It was, not much more than a day after their little meeting, that Cosmo and Aleric found themselves standing at the Gates of the school they were to infiltrate. Both of them wore the classic the uniforms, sourced by Oralie, and both of them seemed to fit in shockingly well with the throng of students milling about just beyond the wrought iron fence.

Though Cosmo far more than Aleric.

"This feels ridiculous." The Hanged Man murmured, his gaze sweeping the courtyard of the school as he searched for Oralie. She was supposed to already be there, though he couldn't see her from where they were standing.

Not surprising, since they were still outside the damned place, but stepping in felt like walking back into Harrowgate.

• Cthuulove
Oralie had arrived at the Academy two hours before Cosmo and Aleric. Being a janitor sucked, but it was valuable. She had gotten uniforms for her comrades and had mapped out the place well for them. Although she had yet to hand them the maps but she felt soon enough she would see them. She had even snuck into the office to change their schedules.

Aleric and Cosmo were older than Cecil, the oldest son, and even putting them both as seniors was risky business to her. As she had come to realize, the students at the school were immature. It seemed every class had a clique and the students seemed to constantly brag about their parents worth. Every single child when irritated would use their last name or their parents pocketbook to try and make others submit.

Oralie couldn’t wrap her head around kids doing such a thing. She knew Vel Anir was rotten, after all, look at how they had infiltrated Aina O Ka La and ruined it. Despite her tribe’s graciousness, the Anirians had mocked them while they took everything from them. Even Oralie’s name, turning it into something Anirian.

At times she felt sick when she thought of herself as Oralie instead of Orasa’i Olioli.

She was taken aback from her thoughts. Now wasn’t the time to pity herself and her predicaments. If she wanted revenge, and she craved it like nothing she ever had before, then she had to be smart about this. And so she waited for Aleric and Cosmo, two poorly drawn maps folded up and hidden within her fist.

Cecil and Deacon Auclair had an appearance to keep up. While Deacon was months away from turning nine, Cecil couldn’t deny the fact that his little brother was the favorite. And of course he was. Last night they had brought home their midterm exams.

His mother did the same as she always did: she would cook her sons favorite food. Despite being wealthy and having amazing cooks, both Cecil and Deacon were in love with Mother’s pancakes. No cook they had could make the same sort of rich, fluffy pancake as their distant mother.

Or maybe it was just the fact that this was the only thing she ever cooked for them, and you could only eat it if you were exceptional.

Cecil and Deacon had walked into the kitchen, midterm reports in hand. They both already knew their scores. The envelope in Cecil’s hand soaked up the moisture in his clammy hands and it felt heavy despite only containing a single piece of paper. Their father was gone, as was to be expected. They only ever saw him three times a year now, but business wasn’t slowing down anytime soon. Especially after the revolution.

The Auclair boys presented their grades to their mother. She looked at each one carefully.

“Both of you. Sit.” Henrietta commanded of her two sons. They both sat down in their seats. Deacon was beaming and Cecil knew his little brother’s mouth was watering. “Deacon.” Henrietta continued. “Perfect marks in Literature, Geography, Science, Arithmetic, History, Art, Physical Education, Grammar and Speech. Your home room teacher even left a comment saying your autobiography will be published in the school’s newsletter for all staff, students and alumni to see. You succeeded. I’m glad you made good choices.” She gave a single pat to the dark-haired child’s head. Then she turned her withering gaze to Cecil.

“Is there a reason you decided to embarrass me with your history score?” She asked her older son.

I still am first in my class. It was only one question.” Cecil whispered, looking down into her lap. He hadn’t realized his hands had turned into fists. “I got two battles confused. They happened back to back and the question was written in such a way that I couldn’t—

“What does your father say? Even the smallest mistakes can lead to big consequences. I don’t know what’s happened to you this year. Last semester it was calculus and now it’s post-second Elven War history.” She sighed, and shook her head. She walked around the table until she stood behind Cecil. She picked up the plate of pancakes and began to walk away.

“Deacon, you may eat. Cecil, watch your brother and remember to make better choices next time.” She didn’t say or else, but Cecil thought she might as well. It wasn’t the first time his mother had reminded him that if he couldn’t be the best, she had a second child that could fit the role.

This thought had plagued Cecil as he watched Deacon eat (and who offered his older brother some when he thought no one was looking but Cecil couldn’t eat anything that night) and when he lied awake in bed, staring at his ceiling and thinking. He didn’t sleep and the birdsong that morning did little to relieve him of his anxiety. When he got ready for school it still plagued him and when he looked in the mirror, he thought of nothing but his failures.

He skipped breakfast as well. His mother said nothing, didn’t even look at him which was the norm. At least, that was the norm this year.

On the carriage ride to school he was quiet, pretending he was studying but he could hardly read the thick novel in his hands and Deacon had chatted away about the day he should have today. Deacon never studied, at least not the way that Cecil had to. It wasn’t fair, it just wasn’t fair.

So when the Auclair’s carriage pulled up to the front gates of the school, the Auclair family’s insignia embossed in gold on each carriage door, Cecil let Deacon get out first. He followed after his little brother and without thinking, right before they walked through the intricate iron gates, shoved Deacon to the side, causing the little boy to crash right in Cosmo.

Quickly, Cecil stalked off, picking up his pace before Deacon could do anything other than shout “hey!

Cosmo Aleric

• Cry
This whole plane was off to a perfect start. They could not find Oralie, but Cosmo and Aleric certainly looked the part...Ok, Cosmo was pulling it off. It was impossible for Aleric not to stand out. Aleric looked like every teenage girl's dream crush. He was tall, dark, and handsome while radiating a brooding aura. If Cosmo was turned on then everyone else would be absolutely weak in the knees.

Cosmo smiled as he waved at a few people that walked by. They waved back politely, although it was clear that they weren't sure who he was. It did not matter as long as they thought he knew he they were.

"Bring it in a little Al. Try not to be too good-looking."

Cosmo was quick to spot the same carriage that he had seen all those days of scoping out the Auclair mansion. It was all confirmed when the two brothers stepped out. His eyes trailed them across the entrance to the school, trying to watch their dynamic. It was easy to see that the oldest was irritated, but with what...Oh, his brothers. That could be used.

He shot a look to Al, but was interested by the youngest falling into him. Cosmo laughed at the opportune moment and helped Deacon steady himself.

"Hey, are you ok? Don't want to be tripping up when school is nearly over."

Aleric Oralie

• Thoughtful
  • Cthuloo
He glanced at Cosmo. "What? I have a giant scar over my eye I hardly think any-"

Aleric cut himself off as he spotted the symbol of the Auclair family on a carriage which quickly swung up to the school. His lips thinned almost immediately as Cecil and Deacon stepped out from the wagon, gaze meeting Cosmo's for just a brief moment before both boys made almost a b-line towards them.

Despite himself, Aleric couldn't help but feel a flicker of nerves rush through him.

What should he do? What had Oralie said again about the brothers?

Tension flickered through his chest, and then suddenly Cecil went crashing into Cosmo; shoved by Deacon. The small detail was caught by the Hanged Man, and within an instant he made a decision. Rolling his eyes at Cosmo and the boy before loudly saying.

"Don't worry about the Half-Pint." He said, trying to sound as arrogant as possible. "Probably tripped over his own feet."

Deacon's head half turned, catching Aleric's eye for a brief moment with a note of curiosity dragging over his features before he continued into the school.

• Cthuloo
Deacon looked up at Cosmo, and the little boy’s face flushed from embarrassment. He dipped his head in apology before looking over at Aleric and his comment. The boy’s dark eyebrows furrowed together and went to take a step back from the big kids. Even with the insult, Deacon knew better than to speak back to big kids.

He had yet to get bullied, not realizing that it was from his older brother making it clear that if any harm went to him, then he’d make them regret it.

But then why would Cecil even push him around? Even when they had played roughly at home— which was a rare occasion— Cecil had never pushed Deacon into anything before. Maybe throw a pillow or pick him up and swing him around until he was dizzy, but he had never done anything that would hurt him on purpose.

Sorry.” Deacon mumbled and kept his head low, quickly walking away and hurrying off inside the school.

Cecil was already within the main hall, thinking to himself about the curious appearance of two students. Without a moment’s hesitation, he headed into the office. No one entered the school unannounced, after all, he had been scoping out his competition since year six. Like he was going to lose his momentum in his tenth year.

Come inside,” Oralie had tired of waiting for both Aleric and Cosmo. “Stop standing around looking like models.” She had picked up far too easily that groups of girls, from those whose age weren’t in the double digits and all the way to the senior class of the school, were staring intently at her partners.

With both of them clad in the navy uniform of Aurelius male students, even Oralie could admit inwardly that they looked good. A little too clean-cut for her tastes, but for once, she thought they both looked charming. The uniforms fitted them too well, their dark blazers contrasting against the white button up and gray vest that hid their striped tie so only the knot could be seen.

Let’s get—

“Hi!” Oralie moved back away from them as a girl with hair the color of pure, unblemished sunbeams walked up to Cosmo and Aleric. She held her hand out for Cosmo to shake, not even looking at Aleric. “I think you’re in my class, right? You look familiar. I just can’t place your name, it’s on the tip of my tongue….” Oralie rolled her eyes. “Anyways, I was wondering if you had notes for semantics?” All of a sudden, two other girls were behind Blondie. Both were brunettes, but that seemed to be the only feature they shared.

Cosmo Aleric

• Haha
Cosmo watched the youngest quickly move away. So, he was the shy type, and the oldest was clearly mad about something. He nudged Al and motioned for him to move towards Oralia who had called them. Just as he was moving in to follow him, another feminine voice cut through and he turned to look at this trio approach him.

Without skipping a beat, Cosmo looked back to Al and told him to just keep going. He would catch up with him in a moment.

"Ah yes, I'm Adonis. I'm usually pretty quiet in the back of the class. Semantics? I'm sure I've got the notes around here somewhere. How about this? You meet during lunch and we can exchange...notes. You can bring your friends too." He smiled down at her before shooting her two friends a mischievous smile.

Aleric Oralie

• Haha
  • Bless
Aleric could have jumped for joy when Oralie appeared and began to usher them inside. "We just saw the boy-"

The words died on the tip of his tongue as a gaggle of girls approached them. Moving like a pack of swarming vultures who had spotted a fresh carcass. Aleric deftly moved to the side, ignoring all three of the girls and heading towards Oralie.

His gaze flickered back to Cosmo as his companion promised to supply the girl with notes.

An eyebrow perked, but he offered no commentary until he reached the islander.

"Three seconds in and he's making friends." A smile touched his lips for just a brief second, though faded almost instantly. There was no telling who was watching, and Aleric had already decided on the role he would play in his disguise.

It certainly wouldn't involve handing out notes.

• Gasp
“Of course, Adonis! How could I have forgot?” The blonde said, clearly not feeling bad in the slightest that she hadn’t learned his name until now. But then again she also didn’t feel bad in general about not even recognizing him until just now. The two girls behind her looked longingly after Aleric as he walked away, but they remained quiet. The blonde was the one in charge.

“I’m Mirabella, although I’m sure you already knew that. I’ll be seeing you at lunch.” She said with a smile and then turned away, tossing a lock of blonde hair over her shoulder. Only a few feet away, girls began to crowd around Mirabella and giggle, looking back over at Cosmo as they covered their mouths to gossip.

That’s why Cosmo had to be a student.Oralie said, looking at Aleric. “You and I are lacking in the friendly and approachable department.” She said before placing the slips of paper in Alaric’s hand. “Your schedules and maps of the campus. Did you see the boys?” The tall woman caught sight of Cosmo approaching them and she took a step back, pressing herself against the wall.

Talking out in public was risky, but it had to be done. The next time she could see the two of them could be hours later.

Cosmo Aleric

• Smug
Cosmo casually strolled over to the others while whistling a soft tune. He noticed a few students looking at him after his interaction with Mirabella, and he just shot them knowing winks.

Finally, arriving to the others, he leaned casually against the wall while looking out at the crowd of students. However, his attention was solely focused on them.

"Yeah, we met them both. The other a right ass, while the other one is a field mouse. Smart move earlier Aleric. You can try getting close to Deacon, and I'll keep an eye on Cecil. And, I can use my new founds 'friends' to learn some more on Deacon. Although some of those friends had their eyes glued to you Aleric, and it wasn't your face."

Oralie Aleric

• Smug
  • Popcorn