Private Tales A new life, A new world

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Emric Amadeus Paldwyn

Lord of Kascoria
Character Biography
Link
Emric stood incomplete in silence as he watched over the still cold body of Amira Renata on the bed, the room was simply decorated with bare stone walls made the edge of the room along with a wardrobe, dressing table, a chest of draws and finally the four-poster bed. the room was dark the only light was that of the moon coming through a window, the room quiet except for the sound of the wind whistle through windows.

Emric was waiting, waiting for her to return to the realm of the living, though she wouldn't be returning as one of them. The girl was a poor thing, raised in luxury, never wanted for anything except the one thing money couldn't buy, her sight. something he could give to her. It just happened that fate brought them together at that party and he made a promise to return her eyesight and he has kept that promise.​

Amira gasped.

The last thing she remembered was the party. The man who promised her that he could give her sight. She had followed him. He had bitten her.

Her eyes flew open. Darkness. It was all a bad dream. She let out a sigh of relief. A bad dream.

Then she noticed it. The light. It was coming through a window. She could see. Amira Renata could see for the first time in her life.

She felt weak as she turned her head and saw the dark figure that was standing near the bed, watching her.

She screamed. Every fiber of her body growing afraid as she realized that the party, the man, the promise, and the bite were not a dream.

A small smile graced his lips once Amira's eyes opened and began to look around, it seemed she could now see just like he had promised. The scream left Him utterly unphased, his body and face unmoving in response, not first someone had screamed at him nor shall she be the last.

"Good night, miss Rentea, I'm glad you finally returned to us, I was worried you might not wake up" his voice was calm and gentle like a summer breeze "where are my manner you must be parched" behind lay a bottle of sanguine liquid with a silver cup. right now she was weak and likely ravenously thirsty having yet to feed.

He would turn around and pour a little a bit of the liquid before handing her the beverage. watching her intently with a warm expression on his face, his eyes looking into her's.

Amira stared at him for a long time without speaking. His was the first face that she had ever seen and she studied every inch of it before she finally opened her mouth so form words. "What did you do to me?"

Her voice was soft with terror lacing every word. This was not her home. She felt connected to this man even though she did not know him. His voice though. She knew that voice anywhere. It was voice that drew her in and made her trust him. It was doing it again as she held out a hand to take the cup from him.

Amira looked down into the cup and immediately felt sick. No bile rose in her throat though. She looked at the man again and then at the thick red liquid. "What is this?"

The smell called to her though. She wanted to drink it. She needed to drink it. She brought the cup to her lips and took a long drink. She licked her lips before looking back at the man and asking her first question again but this time, she already knew that she was not human anymore.

"What. Did. You. Do. To. Me?"

Watching her drink the blood he couldn’t his smile growing wider in satisfaction. It seemed her instincts were strong Perhaps she would be a boon to his plans.

“I gave you wanted” he answered plainly liked he hadn’t done anything wrong “you simply just didn’t ask what it would cost, and everything has price.”

Amira glared at the man then turned her attention back to the cup in her hands. It was satisfying the aching hunger that she felt even though she still wanted vomit. She knew what it was but she did not want to think about it.

Vampires were legends. They weren't real. She was just drinking thick fruit juice of some kind. That is what she kept repeating in her head as she took another drink before returning her glare to him.

"You tricked me. You did something to me so I could not say no. I barely remember following you out of the party. You are an abhorrent person!"

A soft short chuckle escaped the man's lips at her words, particular at the insult, an abhorrent person, he hadn't been a person in a long time. the smile continued to remain on his face. "now, now don't insult your host, I did nothing of the sort you could have said not any time, perhaps you had too much to drink that is why your memory is so... hazy"

His words weren't lies, she could have said no at any time but it seemed she didn't possess a strong enough will to do so and he knew she had been drinking that night he had tasted in her blood. "Tell me what is that you think you are drinking?"

"I didn't have that much to drink..." Amira's voice trailed off. She hadn't...had she? No, she remembered everything until she followed the silken voice of this stranger out of the party. "No, you are tricking me. I didn't drink that much. I couldn't have...not to agree..."

What had she done? She had just wanted her sight and now she had lost everything. Sure, she could see but the cost had literally been her life. She was dead. She just knew it was true.

"Bl..." She shook her head, she couldn't say it. She had to. She had to face this. She had to face him. "Blood," Amira said with more confidence as she looked the man in the eye. He was the first person she had ever seen and she was not a fan.

"You are correct, do you wonder why you drunk it so readily, why you crave it, hunger for it?" Her bravery to face an unpleasent truth was commendable but would she be so brave when she knew the whole truth of what she was now. "the price you paid is that you are now a creature of the night, a lion amongst sheep. A vampire. just like me"

she likely had an inkling of what she and he was, not many creatures skulked the night and drank blood to survive, but most believed them myths, stories to make children sleep at night but often the truth is they've been amongst the whole without them knowing.

Amira had already figured it out but hearing him say it was a slap in the face. She was dead. She set the blood on a nightstand and slowly stood up, facing the man who had killed her. The determined set to her jaw was all the warning he had before she tried to attack him.

She was weak and her new body was still adjusting to the changes. She hit his hard body and crumpled to the floor with a curse. She would need to be stronger to kill him. He had taken everything from her and he just stood there like it was nothing. He was a fucking prick.

The hard floor was cold and she just glared up at him from her position down there. Perhaps he would kill her and end this miserable existence as well. That would be perfect.

He saw the attack coming, yet he didn't move he stood there unmoving like the timeless mountain that surrounded his castle. Emric was no longer human, he didn't even recognise himself as one, he no longer had any humanity remaining in him, or at least that's what he told himself.

when she collapsed from her attempt at an attack and fell in front of his feet, his head tilted down to face the woman. "if you want to try and kill me, you will have to try harder than that" he would offer her hand to help her back up to the bed "your body is still going through changes and will for some time, you will need your strength" once she was in the bed he would her his wrist and would say "feed". drinking his blood would make her stronger and ease her transition but would it also grow their bond.

Amira pulled her hand back from him as soon as she was sitting on the bed again. She looked at his wrist and sneered. She was not going to drink his blood. She did not even want to drink the blood in the cup. It was all gross.

"I would rather starve to death," she said as she looked defiantly in his eyes. He could go fuck himself. She made a mental list of the different ways the legends said vampires could die. Wooden stake through the heart, beheading, starvation...she could start with starving herself...starting tomorrow.

Her resolve did not hold long as she went toe to toe with the extremely patient vampire before her. Amira was not sure how long had passed before she looked at him and gestured for his arm again. He had already healed so he had to cut his arm again.

She took his bleeding arm and brought her mouth down to it. His fresh from the source blood was better than what had been in the cup and she let out a low moan of satisfaction as she drank. She knew he had a smug ass look on his face as she drank from him.

Patience was a virtue and he had plenty of it, her mind was still human in many ways but her body wasn't, it had new needs and instincts she will eventually learn to trust and accept them as he did but for now, he would allow her to act like a petulant child he knows she will come around to it eventually, even if she denies the truth to herself.

"Now now, don't be greedy you'll get more when you are deserving of it" he would pull his wrist away from her mouth, he was going to use his own blood to reward her for good behaviour in much the same you would a dog or a child, hopefully, this would hopefully help with her defiance. "Now how do you feel now?"

Amira let out a small whine as he pulled his wrist away. She looked at him with the saddest eyes she could possibly muster. She needed more. She needed it now. "Please..." Her voice was so soft as she looked up at him. She never felt so helpless in her life as she did in this moment. She just needed a little more from him. "I will be good, I promise..."

She sounded pathetic, but she had to admit that she did feel better. "I feel less groggy and I do not hurt as much..." She looked down at her hands and sighed. She was so mad at him. She wanted to kill him. She could play his game and bide her time until it was right. She just had to be convincing.

"What is your name? And why me?"

The whine, the begging, the pleading eyes it all gave him a primal satisfaction that he had in him to domineer those around. Now she had a taste for his blood and he had means of control.

Very Good” he would say to hearing she felt better “as for who am I? The people of the valley call me Lord Paldwyn but you may call me Emric. And why I choose you? I thought it was a tragedy to see such a beautiful woman unable to see the beauty of the world.

Once again this wasn’t lie, he had honestly thought it but there was another ulterior motive. she looked strikingly similar to his late wife, who had died in childbirth. So he saw this as his second chance and this time he would maker her timeless and beyond the grasp of death.​

Last edited:
Amira looked down and blushed. He thought she was beautiful. She wished she could agree with him but her face was as much of a mystery to her as the rest of the world. She had no idea what she had looked like before and if anything had changed since her death.

"Emric," she said softly as if testing a new word. She was going to try to be civil now. She could do it. "So...what happens now?" She thought about ways to explore and escape this place. She could make it back to her family or she could find a nice piece of wood.

her blush revealed her feelings, it seemed she was open to flattery another avenue of approach for him other than blood his own. she asked a pointed question, what does happen now? "If you are strong enough now, I can show you around the castle, make you familiar with its layout at least"

he was a gracious host and it would be rude not to show her around. He would offer her his hand to help her up if she accepted he would link his ar with her so they could walk arm in arm as he showed her around. not matter what she decide he would first lead her to the garden. They would pass by multiple paintings showing various people, one showed a young boy with raven black hair and a puppy in his lap, the boy bore some resemblance to the man she was with,

Amira looked at him and then nodded slowly. "Yes, I am good. I think..."

She took his hand and rose from the bed. She was surprised by Emric's gentleness as he tucked her arm into the crook of his and started to walk with her by is side. As they walked, she looked at the paintings and smiled at them. She had heard about art but she had never actually seen any. It was beautiful.

"Is that you?" She asked softly as she looked at the little boy and puppy. It was hard to think of Emric as a child...or alive. She smiled at the thought and then looked up at him.

He would turn his head to face the painting, stopping the two of them to look out at it further. He often didn’t look at the paintings anymore they were reminders of what he had lost.

Yes it is, but that was made a very long time ago” there was a melancholic look across his face, a longing, as he stared at the painting.

He would continue their walk around the castle, more paintings of him would appear amongst what seem to be other ancestors. One was of him as a young man, he was dressed in black gothic plate armour his hands resting on sword position in front of him.

The next showed him in about his 30s with a woman beside him clearly pregnant she was sat down while Emric was stood behind her.

Last edited:
Amira was enjoying seeing all the art and Emric through the ages. She wondered if she could somehow get ahold of some of her family portraits from when she was younger. She would like that.

She stopped walking when they reached the painting of him and the pregnant woman. He had been human before all of this. He had a wife and a child. He had love. Amira looked up at Emric and studied his stoic face. He did not even look like the same man anymore.

She was curious what had happened to his wife and child. Perhaps he had been taken them from them like he had taken her from her family...

"What happened to my family?" She asked simply. They would surely try to find her, right?

Emric would stop with Amira when she reached the painting once again his eyes had melancholic look to them, but when he looked back at Amira they were different, something shone in his eye when looked at her, it wasn't quite hope but something similar to it, sanguinity.

He had been expecting this question from here sometime and would answer truthfully, "They live, undoubtedly searching for you within the lands Alliria, though I doubt they would accept what you are now and even if they do, you are now a timeless picture, they will wither away and die before you know it, they are fragile creatures. ultimately in the end I am your only family."

Amira narrowed her eyes at Emric. He was right. Her family would not accept her, her fiancé would not accept her...she was alone. No, she was not alone. She had her murderer. "My fiance will not stop searching for me, Emric. He will look for me and he will still love me no matter what."

She knew deep deep down that her fiancé would look for her but he would not love her once he saw what she was. "There are other vampires, I am sure. I can find other family. Family who did not kill me."

Her voice gave her away. She did not believe a word that she said but she would not give him that satisfaction.

Once again she was lying to herself, to him. it didn't matter he only had to make her realise she has him and only him "And how long will he search for? years? decades? No, he'll search for a year maybe 2 at most before will he pressured be to court another woman of similar status, then he will marry, a have few kids and die. He will forget about you." his voice was calm but there was certain viciousness in his words, he wanted to get his point across clearly.

"Meanwhile, I will not grow old, never forget you, never give up on you, I wish to see you grow and flourish and I'm willing to help you in any way you need to adapt to your new life." there was a slight tinge of frustration in his voice because, he wanted to tell her he loved her but now wasn't the time or this place, he had to use that word carefully.

Amira flinched like he had slapped her. In fact, slapping her may have hurt less than his words. He was right. He was all she had left in this world. "You. Killed. Me. Though." Each of her words was punctuated with a sharp pause. He had taken her, killed her, and turned her into a vampire. He now expected her to care about him and he wanted to pretend that he cared about her.

It was a joke. He only wished to see her grow and flourish because she was his creation. "You do not and will not ever mean anything to me, Emric. I will see you permanently removed from this world if it is the last thing I do..."

It probably would be the last think she would do.

Emric wouldn't let her finish her words, she was acting like I spoiled child, he had given her everything she needed and more, he had a good host and sire and this is how she treated him. perhaps some time by herself without feeding will help her realise all she had been given.

Without warning and incredibly speed Emric would slap Amira with the back of his across her face, the sound echoing through the stone hallways. it would sting and leave a mark, his eyes looked like low smouldering coals.

he would close his eyes for a second, he straightened out his clothing, slicked back his hair and regained his composure. "If you wish to act like a child you shall be treated like, now you will return with me to your room and you stay there until I see fit" his voice was low and commanding, this wasn't a request, it was an order.

Last edited: