Private Tales A new life, A new world

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
he circle around her once again until he reached her back stopping he moved closer to whisper in her ear. "good, focus on the crickets, focus on a particular direction then narrow it to an area, keep going until your focused on just one in particular then point to it and give me a distance."

A picking a single voice in a choir can be hard to for human but they can do it, they were much of the same just scaled up for a more apex predator than them. once she learns it will easer for her in the future but with practice she be just as capable at as him.

A chill ran down her spine as Emric spoke in her ear. He was so close to her and she just held still as he told her what to do.

Focus. She could do this. She was a vampire now. She had to act like one.

With her eyes closed she focused on a particular chirp. It was slightly different than the others. Only the tiniest difference. Itsy bitsy. Her hand shot up and pointed to her right. Now distance.

"100 feet or so," she said softly before her breath caught as she accidently backed up into Emric's hard body.

Emric felt her body back into and couldn't help but smirk at it and her reaction but he couldn't enjoy it for long had to see if her sense were good and accurate. closing his honed in on the direction she pointed quickly find the grasshoppers and it's slightly unique chirp.

"Impressive and fairly accurate" she was learning quickly to how to be a vampire now would come next she would have to find their prey " now try find a deer" he didn't move his position, keeping his body pressed against hers.

Amira did take a step forward so she was not touching him. She couldn't. She hated him. She wanted him dead. She needed to remind herself of that.

She picked through the noise until she heard the soft sounds of chewing and breathing. How was she supposed to know if it was a deer or not? Guess?

"I can hear the crickets but how do I know a deer from something else?"

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Samson Kraith
Sometimes he would forget she was once blind , that she very little knowledge of greater outside world, how animals looked and acted, her blindness had stole a lot from her, it was a good thing he had given her the chance to experience these new things.

"Trust your instinct's, what do they tell you from what you know about deer?"

Amira closed her eyes once more and tried to focus but she just got frustrated. She let out a irritated yell and turned to Emric.

"It's useless! I don't know what a gods damned deer even looks like!"

She looked like she was about to cry as she hit her fists against his chest.

• Cry
Her hand impacted his chest but she might was hit stone as his body didn't from the impact, his would hands would come around her to embrace within a hug, pressing his body against hers. "Hush now, we are in no rush, for the one thing we have is time"

with her head pressed against he would begin to hum a tune to help calm her, it was nursery rhyme one that his wife would sing to they're unborn child. "I will show you what a dear looks if you will allow me?"

Amira stilled in his Emric's arms as he hummed the soothing tone. She closed her eyes and laid her head against his chest. In that moment, she forgot she hated him and that she wanted him dead. She forgot what he did to her. She was just calm in his strong arms.

She nodded into his chest. "Yes, please..." She replied quietly but made no move to remove herself from his arms.

it seemed her hatred for him could be quelled or was this the first sighs of her given in, coming terms to her new reality, Emric didn't know but allowed he did is she seemed to enjoy this and so did he. so he let her stay there a moment longer before he pulled away.

"Now fellow me, deer a skittish creatures at best, so will need to move silently." he crouched slightly and began to moving slowly making carful to note where he was stepping making sure to make as little sound as possible.

Amira seemed to come back to her senses when Emric pulled away from her. She had willingly stayed in his arms. No, that wasn't right. She was just upset. Yes, that was it. She was not growing fond of him. That was the dumbest thing she could think of.

She did as he said and followed him. Her steps were quiet as she stayed a few paces behind him. If deer were skittish creatures and they had to be so quiet then how were they going to catch one?

Using his own sense he would detect the soft munching of grass and breathing of larger creatures. Following the direction of these noise it would lead them to edge of a small clearing, the moonlight lighting area and in the middle of it stood the creatures they had been looking for.

Crouching behind some brush he would signal for Amira to join him, once she did he would point out the deer, there was two does and a stag. “These are deer, largely gentle creatures, rather flee than fight in most circumstances.” He would let her have a moment to absorb everything, take in scene and her sighting of deer before continuing.

"Then why do you kill them?"

If they were gentle and didn't fight back then why attack them? That seemed cruel. They were just standing there enjoying there life and Emric wanted her to kill them. To take them away from each other. She couldn't do that.

"I am not going to kill an innocent creature..."

• Bless
Given her question and statement, it was clear to him that her parent had coddled her due to her blindness, hoping to keep her innocent but innocence is a lie, it's just ignorance. They didn't teach her the harsh realities of this world, it seemed it lay to him to teach her this important lesson.

"At the heart of existence, there is conflict, Amira. The predators hunt the prey, the prey run from the predators. If there were no prey the predators would starve, if there were no predators the prey would breed with no constraint until there's nothing left for them to eat, there is no such thing as innocence in nature, just survival. this is the natural balance of life and you are a predator now."

Amira didn't want to be a predator. She had just wanted to be able to see. That was it. Simple. Now she was dead and expected to become a killer. That wasn't her. Perhaps some could say she should be grateful for her sight and live with the trade off but she would rather be blind again.

"I...I don't want to be a killer..." She finally stammered out. She was a little afraid of what his response would be so she braced herself for it.

• Cry
A soft chuckle emanated from him at her response, she still clung to her humanity it was cute her naivety but if she didn't want to be a killer that meant she would be wholly dependent on him for her blood and that was something he liked the idea of.

"Then you won't be." as he spoke those words he heard the thwap of a crossbow nearby, the deer scattering. in a split second, he wrapped himself around Amira, shielding her body from the incoming bolt. a pained snarled could pain as hit him. Letting go of her he would turn to face the direction the attack came from, his hand wrapped around the bolt now sticking out from his shoulder blade and pulled out it, chucking it to the floor. "stay here" he growled as two voices exclaimed in panic.

He strode out into the glade, ran into the trees opposite he would be gone from sight. after a few minutes, she would see a large black wolf with blood around its mouth, moving through trees toward her but not directly, as it got closer it passed behind a large tree and what come from another side would be Emric.

Several things happened at the same time. Amira smiled at Emric's response, there was a strange sound, Emric was holding her, she yelped in surprise, and the deer scattered.

A moment later he was pulled an arrow out of his shoulder and commanding her to stay put. She didn't argue. She did look around like the scared little girl she felt like. When he returned, she smiled at him and ran to him.

Amira did something she never thought she would do and threw her arms around him in a hug. He had kept her from getting struck with the arrow. Yes, she would have healed but it was the thought and the gesture.

He did care about her.

"Who was that? Why would they attack us? We aren't even doing anything!"
Her voice grew louder and more panicked with each word.

• Popcorn
Emric watched Amira run to him with a smile on her face, it was first time she had done that, actually smiled at him, It seemed she was warming to him more and more.

His arms would warp around to bring her close, the scent of fresh blood on him. “It’s alright now, I will tell you but first are you hurt in anyway?” His first concern was her, the threat was gone for now and hopefully it would be for a while.

Amira felt his arms wrap around her and she tensed for only a moment before relaxing again. She didn't even care about her hatred of him right now.

The fledgling shook her head and looked up at Emric's face. She really took in his features for the first time and noticed he was actually handsome. She suppressed those thoughts before she replied, "no, I am fine. You made sure of that."

Gazing down on her as she study his face, what little moon light reflecting off her brown irises, his arms once around her. He felt something he hadn’t in long time.

Leaning down he would place his lips on hers, sweet and tender was his kiss, he didn’t wish to scare her with anything too aggressive, a gentle touch was needed here. At least for now.

Amira's mind went into full panic mode as Emric bent down and kissed her. It was was soft and sweet, which was something she didn't expect from him. Part of her mind told her to kiss him back and enjoy the ride while the other part told her to pull away and slap him.

It seemed the former was going to win as she leaned into the kiss and deepened it.

She would regret this later but not right now.

Her leaning and deepening of the kiss only embolden him, it seemed she held some sort of feelings towards him to accept his kiss. A hand came up to her neck gently holding it, his thumb against her cheek as he continued to kiss her.

As he did this an idea formed in his head, since she seemed to like drinking his blood why not add a bit to this kiss? bite his lip his fang pierced his lip blood now flowing from his mouth into hers as he continued to kiss her, becoming aggressive in his kiss as the iron taste of his blood came over his tongue.

Amira knew this was wrong. She knew that she hated him but she didn't stop him. She kissed him back and held herself closer to him. She liked this. His lips were softer than she ever would have imagined and he was warm.

No...he wasn't warm. She let out a soft mmm as Emric's blood trickled into her mouth and rolled over her tongue. Every time she drank from him, she forgot everything she hated about him. There was only a bond between them that she couldn't describe but it was tender and beautiful.

Her eyes shot open and she pushed away from Emric with a sudden ferocity.

"Your blood is controlling me!" She yelled at him as she rubbed her forehead. That was why she was hating him less and less. He kept feeding her his blood.

• Sip
Emric barely moved as Amira pushed away from him, he was slightly surprised by her sudden anger at him and her acquisition, though she wasn't completely right about his blood, he wasn't going to admit that his blood was influencing her feelings towards him.

"Now that is preposterous, my blood isn't controlling you, it does not have a mind of its own, there is a bond between us but this happens to must sires and children, we are now connected through this bond, these bonds vary for reasons even unknown to me." A lie he did know why and how these bonds worked, though his face was stoic as that mountainside as he spoke.

"'Perhaps it's a consequence of your mind adapting to its new physiology or perhaps even these feelings are genuine and you are looking for another excuse to hate me because you find your other reasons slipping from your grip." Sowing doubt in her mind to what actual truth was a useful tool in control and manipulation, if she didn't up from down she would have to rely on him.

Amira frowned and furrowed her brows. No, it wasn't the bond. It was more. Even as she kissed him, her feelings changed as soon as she tasted his blood. It was doing something to her. It had to be. She did not like him...she was not starting to like him. No, that was impossible!

"No, you are wrong!" She yelled at him. Even her tone didn't seem to have all of her heart in it. "I...I was..." Amira rubbed her forehead again and closed her mind.

She was losing her mind.

• Cry
Hush, now” his words were soft gentle, he would take his cloak from his shoulders and placed it on hers, “your obviously confused and tired, I think we should return to castle and you get some rest

His hands remaining on her shoulders walking beside her as as he guided her back to the castle “I will tell you about those men tomorrow