Completed A fresh start? (monster hunter)

"A family heirloom that belongs to you!" The mercenary said tugging at the woman's hair. "Hey!" Willis said slowly nodding at Shiera. "I love her," the young man slowly got his coinpurse out. "I don't want any harm to befall on her. You can take it all of this It's 250 coins enough to buy you something nice. Just let her go and we can leave peacefully."

The mercenary thought about it for a brief moment and then hoisted Shiera on his shoulder. "I think you'll have to get more than that!" He said laughing. "If you want your girlfriend so badly give me 2000 gold coins near the borders of the Swallows by dawn or your girlfriend will die!"

Shiera's eyes widened at the offer of his whole coin purse, not thinking he would offer such a thing for a woman he literally just met.

However, when the man hoisted her up his shoulder, she screamed. She absolutely hated this position, not only the metaphorical, but the literal as well. "Listen you jerk, you aren't going to get anything from this, so let me go!" she screamed as she hit the guy with her elbows on his head, hitting as hard as she could.

• Cry
Reactions: Smiling One
"Wait!" Willis said taking out another coin purse he was going all out to save a thief he hardly knew. The young man always had a hero complex especially when it comes to pretty women. "Here's another coin purse that has 250 coins in it making it 500. She's not very rich like you said and neither am I. This is a very generous for my girlfirend."

Willis tossed both coinpurses to the mercenaries feet the merc frowned the smiled putting Shiera down and pushing her towards Willis. He managed run and grab her placing Shiera around his large arms as he stared at him. "Okay we have a deal," he shrugged. "Easiest money I've earned."

"Were it so easy," Willis thought.

• Sip
Reactions: Shiera
Shiera huffed as she was pushed onto Willis's arms, being annoyed at being so manhandled. However, she was obviously glad that the situation seemed to be over.

"eASiEsT mOnEy I've eVeR eARnEd" Shiera mocked the man under her breath, holding unto Willis still so the man wouldn't suspect otherwise. She also looked the other way, resting her head on his shoulder so the merc wouldn't see her face and maybe recognize her. However, something she was doing that she didn't notice was pulling herself super close to Willis, unconsciously wanting some human contact for the thing she had just lived through.

• Cry
Willis had to suppress a smile when Shiera mocked the mercenary. Though he was right that was easy money, all the prick had to do was just hold a girl hostage and just have her alleged boyfriend go broke paying for her released. Sometimes Willis wished that he could be a pure selfish bastard but there was something holding him back. "I'll leave you two love birds alone," the merc said leaving the alleyway and disappearing into the crowd.

The young man frowned he did look familiar in any case the woman looked like she was more trouble than she's worth but she was safe. "Are you all right?" Willis asked. "You're safe now."

Shiera gasped once she realised how close she had been holding on, and quickly released Willis, taking one or two steps back after she did so.
"Sorry" she muttered, very embarrassed, her cheeks turning a tint of pinkish red. She hugged herself and put a string of her black hair behind her ear. She then looked at him with determined eyes, changing her shy attitude from just a few seconds ago "Thank you for following along... and for giving your money away like that" she said, truly grateful and very surprised "Though I have to ask... why? Why waste so much money on me? Excuse what I have to say, but you don't really look like you have buckets of gold, so why waste it all on a thief?" she asked, a brow raised. And even though her attitude had apparently changed, she still had a tint of red on her cheeks.

It was easy to see Sheira's reddened cheeks because of her pale skin. Willis couldn't tell whether she was embarrassed or more possibly the former by his estimation. "I'll be honest," he thought. "I have no idea why I did it."

Willis crossed his arms. "It's the right thing to do," he said. "I don't think a girl like you needs to be handled like a piece of meat by some psychotic looking motherfucker." The young man shrugged and turned on his heel. "But that was the last bit of coin I've spent." he said. "Gotta recover the I coin lost though I doubt there are any monster contracts for me to get."

Such are times and just Willis is out of coin, there are no contracts available typical.

"Wait!" Shiera said, grabbing his arm so he wouldn't go away "I can recover the coins for you, gotta repay you in some way, shouldn't I?" she said, winking at the last part. "You just have to show me the busiest yet darkest and most open space in this city, for I really don't know it that well." she smiled at him "and you can watch the action if you want, maybe learn a thing or two" she laughed a little at this, pulling slightly on his arm again, really trying to convince him to let her pay him off.

"Then again, you are a man of morals, so who knows, maybe you're against my kinds of methods" she teased, shrugging and looking downwards, observing him from the side of her eyes.

• Popcorn
Willis felt Sheira's soft fingers brush against his hardened skin. It was perfect for a thief one needs soft hands rather than the ones Willis has which while he had experience he wasn't too good at pickpocketing. "Let's just say that I have some lines I'm not willing to cross," the young man grinned. "Besides I swiped you didn't If you can get me my coin though. I would appreciate it."

• Cheer
Shiera laughed "I can get more than what you had on you in just a few hours if I'm on the right place" she said smirking, remembering the good old days.

"Well, come on then, show me the way to a busy place" she said, pulling on his arm slightly again "And on the way there, you can tell me more about the.. you said monster contracts?" she raised a brow "Don't tell me you're one of those guys with a hero complex who goes around killing creatures left right and center" she said, teasing once more.

• Sip
Pickpocketing wasn't new to Willis and he knew how to scout an area full of rich and quite frankly gullible victims. They were so hapless at one point Willis came and pickpocketed them only to hand the rich victim their money back warning them about the dangers of traveling in close proximity of people in tight spaces. He offered them his services to guide them through Allria's array of stick fingered thieves in which they were more than happy to give Willis more coin than he would receive from pickpocketing. Sometimes good guys do finish first.

"In Allria," Willis said. "The most busy place is always the inner areas. It's teeming with merchants and wealthy patrons." Just as Willis was about to walk he turned around and smiled. "Tell you what," he said. "You give me my coin back and I'll elaborate on what a monster hunter does."

• Wonder
Shiera grinned at Willis's proposition, liking the ways he could play "Alright, deal" she said, winking at him "but we should do it with the company of drinks, what do ya think?" she asked, wanting another drink from the one she had taken an hour ago, especially after what a chaotic day it had been.

She started walking towards the direction that Willis had started to walk in, assuming this was the way. "So, what's a guy like you doing in Alliria? Tell me a bit more about yourself since we're apparently going to spend more time together" she said, smiling at him, genuinely interested in this strange guy.

• Popcorn
Willis nodded crossing his arms "sure but drinks are on you," he smirked. "After what I had to go through to save you. You owe me for it." Now he couldn't let Shiera not pay for saving her now can he? Willis did wonder why Shiera wanted to know about Monster Hunting contracts? It was obvious what they meant so the young man assumed that she's taken an interest in becoming a Monster Hunter? While there were thieves in the Monster Hunting guild who use their guile to out wit Fae creatures, they were capable of combat when pushed. Shiera on the other hand..... well she didn't make a good first impression on Willis.

"I was completing a Monster Hunting contract in the Allir Reach," the young man answered. "I came to Alliria to rest and restock before heading back to Elbion to seek more work." The duo arrived at the inner section and as expected there were rich patrons walking about observing the expensive trinkets from merchants. A Halfling was leaning near the water fountain strumming his stubby fingers against his lute singing about tossing a coin to a Monster Hunter. Hah! If only these ungrateful pricks would.

"Before you go and pickpocket," Willis smirked. "What's a pretty woman like you doing in Alliria?"

Shiera shrugged "Okay, fine, fair enough" she said regarding the drinks.

Once hearing his explanation, Shiera looked at him, grinning a bit "Is that all you do? Work?" she asked, stretching her arms "Oh, and saving poor damsels in distress" she laughed, teasing.

She stopped to hear the music, closing her eyes and enjoying it thoroughly. If she were with her old partners, she would have danced, reeled in a crowd and distract them from her partners, who would have been walking around the crowd, stealing everyone who looked like they had something. However, that was not the case. She missed it, dancing and all the money they would get because of it.

She opened her eyes at Willis's question "Well, let's just say that I had to get out of a situation." she said ambiguously "But come on, time to get your money back. Don't get too close to me and don't look people in the eyes, yeah?"

• Sip
Willis smiled seeing children lighting lanterns, an old mage laughed waving his hand muttering an incantation. The lanterns began to float much to the children's delight and Willis watched as they flew high in air overlooking the active marketplace in Alliria. It was a tradition for Allrian children to light lanterns and have it magically float in the air. According to legend, the lands of Allrian was opened by the Oracles when they saw the innocent hearts children. While they taught the first Allrians how to construct a civilization the Oracles also told the children to always keep the light in their hearts for it will combat the temptations of life.

When the Oracles disappeared, the children would magically light lanterns and send them to the sky to let the Oracles know that they have maintain their light and that they will spread it to the other races around Arethril. Willis and Achates have done it a couple of times as children, it was fun experience but the young man doubted that the Oracles believed that children maintained their innocence as they grew up. They say that the first thing that is lost as an adult is innocence. Sooner or later the child in everyone dies out whether through necessity or through experience.

"I work because it gives me coin to have fun," Willis smirked. "Feasting, drinking and flirting," the young man stepped forward. "Of course I can't resist to save a pretty woman in distress," he said. "Even if they don't necessarily deserve it," Willis thought remembering women like Claire.

"A pretty damsel like you can always scream my name," he said immediately thinking dirty thoughts in which he quickly dispelled. "Whenever you're trouble Shiera whenever someone tries kidnap you like they did a few hours ago just call for help particularly my name and I'll come."

Willis sighed as he leaned next to the waterfall crossing his arms. "I know the procedure," he said. "Go off and do your thing."

Though part of him did wonder what situation that Shiera was in. He left it alone, many people are always running from something. Who was Willis to pry into other peoples lives?

• Popcorn
"Feasting, drinking and flirting" Shiera repeated with a hum "And is that all that interests you in life?" she asked, sending him a weird look, a mix between pity and teasing.

Shiera laughed "So you are one of those guys with a hero complex. Thought so." she teased, turning around. But once she saw the old mage performing magic, she froze, her heartbeat accelerating and her pupils slightly dilatating. She took a step back, struggling to get focused on reality and not go back to the past. In an effort to do this, she closed her eyes and focused on her breathing "Control yourself, Shiera" she thought, closing her fists. She hated being in public spaces and for this things to happen, but specially now with Willis there.

• Popcorn
"Well," Willis smiled crossing his arms tighter staring into Shiera's blue and grey eyes. "You interest me sweetheart," he winked at Shiera. "And of course exploring the world and uncovering its secrets." It was a great adventure Willis had. He fought different monsters and been in unfamiliar lands it was a big part on why he became a mercenary and a monster hunter his skills allowed an avenue for him to fulfill his dream. Of course killing was another major reason as well. If there was one thing that Willis was good was killing people or monsters and the world is never short on things to kill. As long as their were two on Arethril someone is going to want the other person dead.

"Perhaps," the young man responded to Shiera. "I mean you benefitted off my.... heroics." he winked but then observed Shiera becoming numb to the mage using magic to make the lanterns float. Perhaps she was nervous that the mage has magical wards that detected theft or any other crime. In which case she can be at ease, the old mage is blind and is rumored to be losing his memory by the day. Sheira will have no problem evading him.

"Let's get this done," Willis said.

Shiera snapped when Willis talked, opening her eyes and looking back towards him "Yeah, sorry" she mumbled, her normally upbeat attitude nowhere to be found. She walked passed him, into the opposite side of where the wizard was. "Focus, goddammit" she whispered to herself.

And so, taking a deep breath, she walked inside the large crowds of people, soon using her ability to blend in to her advantage. She looked at the clothes of the people that walked passed her, and once she recognized an outfit, an accessory, or even an attitude of a wealthy person, she located their coin purse and swiftly grabbed a hold of it, her victims not even noticing an ounce of her touch.

Shiera moved like a shadow, taking up to ten coin purses with ease in a few minutes. She smiled, this place was perfect for this. Maybe she could return once in a while before the reports of theft began to arise.

• Sip
Willis could hardly see Shiera within the crowds of customers walking around the inner area. She was a natural at blending in with people something Willis struggled with when he was a pickpocketed. From the glimpses he saw Shiera she was in and out grabbing coinpurses and moving away before they noticed. It was like second nature to her almost magical. He heard of thieves using invisible potions, potions that hide their body heat or masks their footprints. Sheira on the other hand was just swiping items left and right without a need for a crutch. Impressive.

The young man watched Shiera return and smiled. "Well then sweetheart," he said. "That was quick."

Shiera smiled back at him "See? What did I tell you" she laughed a bit "Anyways, if you want them, we should get out of this place. Not a great idea to be hanging out such things in such busy places" she winked at him and started walking, keeping the coin purses hidden in her attire "Lead the way to somewhere quieter where we can enjoy the company of good drinks" she told him, remembering the deal she made.

Besides it being true that it was never a good idea to remain somewhere you had stolen so much, Shiera also wanted to get as far away from the mage and from magic in general, hoping that wherever Willis would lead her didn't have anything like that. Of course though, she wasn't gonna tell Willis that.

• Thoughtful
"Ten coinpurses....." Willis looked over the bags of coins that Shiera was holding in dress. All of them looked pretty full no doubt previously owned by wealthy merchants. "Of course!" Willis said grabbing the Shiera's hand. "I know a good place where we can get good drinks!" Pulling her through the crowd, Willis searched for the Limey Leonard named after a famous Allirian guard who lead the defense against Vel Anir in the 2nd Allria-Vel Anir war around the end of the Age of Urogosh.

Leonard was given the nickname Limey due to his less than pleasant attitude towards his colleagues and the people. However he was loyal to the city and fought heroically at the battle of Allria, killing the Dreadlord: Agoth the Cruel at the cost of his own life. There were landmarks and taverns named after Leonard and this one was the best. An Elven guard squinted at Willis and Shiera as they were about to enter. "Is it full?" Willis asked. "We're just a lovely couple wanting to enjoy drinks."

The young man stared at Sheira smiling. "Right my love?" he smirked.

Shiera smiled sweetly at the elven guard "Yes, and we've been waiting to come here for quite a while now" she told him, grabbing unto Willis's arm, following his game. She looked at the place with a smile, admiring its architecture and hearing the noise of the crowd inside, feeling excited to get in and start drinking and relaxing.

Of course, she was also excited about hearing more of the monster hunter business that Willis had mentioned before, curious as to what it was about.

• Sip

If there was thing Willis liked about the Tavern the most is that no matter where it's located, he can always expect the same rowdiness whether the tavern is located in an affluent neighborhood or in the middle of a pigsty. One can always expect, card games, drinking, backroom deals, pretty barmaids and a lot of drunken fighting. "Give us two glasses of Smokey Dwarven Spirit!" Willis said as he flopped on to the chair.

"So what is it do you want to know about Monster Hunters?" The young man asked Shiera. "I mean what we do is pretty much in the name. We hunt Monsters?"

• Sip
Shiera looked around, loving the usual atmosphere of the taverns. She also looked for ways out in case something bad happened, a habit she picked up on from very early on in her life.

She sat down besides Willis, handing him the ten coin pouches. "Well, I want to know how much you guys earn, for example." she nodded towards the money. One thing she liked about taverns was how it was a place full of people and yet it was one of the most secretive places... if you were careful enough.

• Popcorn
Willis raised an eyebrow. "Why?" he asked. "You thinking of becoming a Monster Hunter?" The busty barmaid came out with two drinks of the Smokey Dwarven Spirit. The green beverage was covered by the smoke that came out from the drink. Willis nodded while handing the woman ten coins from one of the pouches and immediately took a swig.

"Well," Willis said. "We Monster Hunters are often underpaid. Whenever we risk our lives killing the Leshy that was lurking in the forest, the fucking village leader would always put his head down and say: Ooooh mister Monster Hunter we can't pay the full amount our kids are starving."

The young man took another swig. "Then there are those idiots who look at us selfish pricks who care about coin. Sure it's true but for fucks sake we're doing you a favor and killing the fucking Magmamites that is setting your wife's head on fire."