Completed A fresh start? (monster hunter)

When the barmaid came over, Shiera thanked her with a smile and a nod, taking the drink as she left it on the barstool.

She laughed at Willis's anger, taking herself a long swig of her drink "I figured... and yet you still do it. Why?" she asked, leaning her head on her hand, which in itself was leaning unto the barstool, her body turned towards Willis. She was hoping to forget about today and it's craziness... all except Willis. He was strangely interesting and, Shiera had to admit, very handsome.

• Wonder
Reactions: Smiling One
Willis chuckled as he continued to drink, unlike other Ale Smokey Dwarven Spirit was often warmed up to give it its unique flavor. The hotter it was, the better it tasted the young man smiled feeling the warm liquid tickle his throat and head down towards his stomach. "I guess I put up with the shit," he started. "Because I like to travel, explore the world and meet strange creatures."

The young man smiled looking into Shiera's eyes. "Besides," he added. "There's a sense of comaradery amongst Monter Hunters something you can't get from mercenary companies."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Shiera
After listening to what he had to say, Shiera looked up ahead, closing her eyes "Ah. That's the part I'd like to live" she said, imaging all the places she would go to. Then, she looked back down, taking a drink "And the comradery... well, that would be nice too" she drew shapes on the table, lost in thought. She missed those days when she would be with her partners, and Willis's company and words had reminded her of those times.

"But," she snapped, taking a very long drink, hoping to forget "I'd be an awful monster hunter, don't you think?" she chuckled "My strong point has never been direct conflict, and I suppose monsters don't really listen to words, so..." she drank again, shrugging.

• Popcorn
Willis shrugged. "We all come from different walks of life," he said. "And not all Monsters require a sword to be killed. Some you can outwit through a riddle or go out and steal the Monsters Important item. There was the legendary Monster Hunter: Ron the Clever who out witted a Fae Dragon in a game of riddles. The Fae Dragon was so devastated it said burst into blue flames."

"I mean no offense," Willis said. "But considering that you couldn't handle a man grabbing you by your hair, I'm not sure that a Monster Hunter's life is for you Shiera. It's not an easy life, careers are short and fast. The average life expetency of a Monster Hunter is 3-5 years."

The young man shook his head. "I've been doing this for four and I'm considered a veteran," he said taking another drink. There are men and women who are more experienced than me have been torn limb to limb by a Griffin. There were others who has been driven to insanity by a Medusa. Just last month I've seen a man Drokov: A Vel Anirian who has been veteran of the Anirian Guard before he turned monster hunting."

Willis sighed. "He's been doing it for 16 years before a dumbass Hill Giant took advantage of his mistake and broke his back. Now his ass is drinking from a straw unable to feel anything from the neck down. I like you Shiera you're a beautiful woman. But I'm not sure the life is for you."

He craned his head to her. "But the camaraderie all you needed to do is ask to be in my presence." He smirked.

• Bless
Shiera looked at him with a frown on her face, taking another sip from her drink "But wouldn't being in your presence be dangerous as well?" she looked at him, now smirking "A flirt like you is bound to break hearts, and some say that's as dangerous as any monster" she whispered the last part, getting closer to him.

Just in that moment, a particularly cheerful song started playing, making many people stand up and dance, most of them couples. Shiera sat back up slowly, smiling as she saw the dance, a bunch of organized chaos, as skirts flew and shoes tapped against the floor.

• Wonder
Willis did his best not to think of the possible heart breaks he left behind. Live for the moment: That was the creed he lived by. You never know when you'll die so treat each day as it was your last. That was the mentality he learned from Captain Davis the Pirate whom Willis learned a lot from and looked up to as a father figure. "Heartbreaker and life taker," Willis mumbled getting closer to Shiera.

"But you like that don't you," he said placing his hand on her cheek listening to the people dance to the rhythm of the music. "You've always lived on the edge and are looking for someone who shared that same struggle."

• Popcorn
Shiera turned her head around, looking at him again, a strange glint in her eyes. She pressed her cheek against his hand, smiling slightly at him "Who says that I'm looking for anyone?" she replied, raising a brow at him. She got inches away from his ear, her body turned towards him "You're gonna have to get me a little bit more drunk for that" she then chuckled, standing up abruptly.

The last thing she wanted right now was to get her heart broken, specially by someone who she just met that night, even if they felt incredibly close, even if a part of Shiera wanted to (most likely the drunken part), most of her refused to fall under his charm... at least just yet.

"Don't you want to go dance? Unless you're too cowardice to do so" she teased, a playful smile at her lips.

• Dab
A wide smile formed on Willis' lips when Shiera's sultry voice penetrated his ears giving his brain a pleasing sensation. "I don't know," he said pressing his forehead against hers. "Judging by how close you are to me I'm guessing you want to have a good time."

The young man chuckled. "I plan on getting you drunk with love and affection." Willis winked as he grabbed her by the waist and spun her around. "I'm a man who has years of combat experience," he said as he began to dance with Shiera. "But when it comes to dancing, I have two left feet. Don't mean I'll give up an opportunity to dance with you sweetheart."

• Wonder
Shiera laughed as she was spun around and she laughed more at his confession towards his dancing skills "Don't worry, I'll guide you" she says, her feet moving at the rhythm of the song, not missing even a beat "Look, just don't concentrate on the sound, concentrate on the feeling it gives you" she told him as she held him close to her, looking into his eyes as she did so, examining them and trying to look into what he was thinking.

• Thoughtful
Willis inhaled and exhaled feeling a bit nervous what wasn't helping was Shiera teasing him about his mediocre dancing skills. Well excuse him for not knowing how to do everything. "All right," Willis placed his hand on Shiera's hip as he listened to the musical beats. It was easy to do since Willis has been singing and playing the flute for years. It was like walking to him. "I rather concentrate on the beautiful girl in front of me," he said. "How long have you've dancing?"

Shiera smiled slightly when seeing Willis that nervous, and decided to cut him some slack, so she controlled her laughter beter.

She smiled at his compliment, but didn't really make any comment "Ever since I was a kid" she said "Most useful when stealing, you see" she lowered her voice when saying that, not wanting anyone around to listen. She then looked at the barstool, seeing their drink still there "Hey, what if we go drink a bit more after this dance?" she asked Willis, wanting to feel more of that familiar warmthness down her throat.

• Popcorn
As soon as Shiera said that Willis instinctively looked at his pockets to see if she tried to swipe him. Not that he didn't have any valuable items in his pocket but it helped to be a bit cautious. Shiera was clever though using her light feet to distract people while she discreetly pickpocket them. It was thing that she was gifted in, it was theft. Perhaps she should join the Thieves Guild located somewhere in Allria. They are a mysterious organization that has existed since at least the Age of Expansion scholars weren't sure. In any case, the Merchant's Guild and the Allrian Guard has spent thousands of years trying to bring them down but no luck.

"Of course sweetheart," Willis said bringing the young woman into his arms. "We can do it now if you want?"

• Wonder
Shiera laughed when Willis checked his pockets, amused that he knew how sneaky she could be sometimes. Course though, she wouldn't steal from him, at least not yet. In any case, she didn't need to, so he had nothing to worry about. However, even if Willis had saved her life in two occasions, she considered it done and paid for. She would bury her regret deep in her heart and not look back... but that wasn't the case. "And anyways, maybe Willis would come get me" Shiera grinned at the thought.

Shiera smiled when he pulled her into his arms. And felt surprise when she felt safe in them. "Fuck" she thought, realising she was starting to feel something for Willis, even if she tried to convince herself she wasn't. "Alright, let's go" she said, grabbing his hand and going over to the barstool, where she grabbed what was left of her drink and swallowed it in a short sip. When noticing that it was empty, she called the bartender "Hey! Give us another round of these, please!" she called out.

• Sip
Willis leaned against the table as Shiera called for more drinks. She was very active tonight and she loved a good party just like Willis. It did help that she was pretty, Willis wrapped an arm around Shiera's slender shoulders. He couldn't help but feel attachment for Sheira, Willis wanted to stop himself but of course he can't help it. The bartender slid them the Smokey Dwarven Spirt as Willis began to drink feeling the warm Ale swim around his tongue.

"It's beautiful evening," Willis remarked. "A drink in one hand and a pretty girl in other. What else can one ask for?"

• Cheer
Shiera laughed at his flirting, leaning unto him as she drank another long sip, not caring about the burning sensation. She could already feel the effects of the ale, feeling more loose and carefree.

She looked up at Willis, chuckling a bit "You really are a flirt, aren't you?" she laughed. Shiera closed her eyes, rocking herself side to side with the new song that had started playing, grabbing Willis's arm that was holding her, her back being against Willis.

• Sip
"I like to think I'm a Casanova," Willis chuckled taking another drink. "Be warned though Smokey Dwarven Sprit has the ability to get you really drunk after just a few drinks. Even Dwarves who have a high tolerance for alcohol tend to be knocked out after at least 4 drinks of this."

Dwarves and alcohol go hand in hand like a Vel Anirian meeting a nonhuman. Many Dwarven wars through out history were started because of some Dwarven noble fuckhead drank too much and either killed an ally or raped the wife of a Dwarven King. In a way It would be funny if their mighty Dwarven Kingdom in the Age of Wonders fell because some Dwarven Kings began a drunken row.

"We can sit here and cuddle against me if you want," Willis said. "I don't mind."

• Dab
"Mmm" Shiera hummed, taking another long sip from the drink "Honestly, I'm trying to get a bit drunk and just have fun, you know?" she told Willis, already feeling a bit groggy from the beverage.

"And a casanova?" she turned around, resting her arms around Willis's neck. She laughed "Ah, of course, you're the adventure guy, the man who lives for today and today only, just because he's afraid of what the future might hold. Or are you the other type? The one that's running from the past?" she asked, a teasing look in her eyes.

Shiera took another sip from her drink, now having finished her second one "Well, what do ya think, Casanova? Should I get myself another one of those?" she asked, a grin on her lips.

• Dab
Willis smiled "Oh so you're a mind reader eh?" he said drinking a sip of ale. "Already figured me out," Willis lifted Shiera up and spun her around briefly. The young woman was already feeling a bit tipsy after only three glasses. Which was a bit above the average for a human, Willis recalled a large sailor being knocked out after consuming one beverage. It was a miracle that a small woman such as Shiera could hold her own.

"I mean in many ways," Willis whispered to Shiera. "I see a lot of myself in you. Adventure girl who is running from the past. Loving danger and all that shit. Where have you've been all my life?"

• Wonder
Shiera shrieked a bit and giggled when Willis spun her around, holding unto him for dear life. Yep, the alcohol had set in at this point. "What can I say?" Shiera laughed "I'm a magical girl" she winked at Willis. She had been drinking from a very young age, making her immune to drinking a lot. However, when it came to such hard drinks as these? She obviously had her limits.

Shiera hummed a bit after hearing Willis whisper to her. She smiled sweetly at him "Haven't you seen? I've been waiting for you" she said, kissing him right afterwards. It was a long kiss, in which after she parted, she hit herself in the head with her hand and laughed "Fuck! I'm not supposed to be doing this!" she said, laughing again, obviously a bit tipsy.

Ah.... a tavern stay was not complete without flirting with any pretty women Willis can find. Sheira was falling for him..... literally. The young man had to hold Shiera to prevent her from falling down. "Based on how efficient you were in pickpocketing those nobles." Willis laughed. "I'd believe you are a magical girl."

It was then Willis felt Shiera's soft lips connect with his. His eyes rose up in shock and his heart pounded profusely now this was unexpected then again Shiera was drunk. "What were you supposed to be doing?" Willis laughed holding on to the tipsy young woman. "Don't tell me you're afraid."

Shiera looked at him with bright eyes "Afraid of a casanova? No thanks" she teased, laughing again "I can't really fall in love right now, you know? Not right this moment, just not ever!" she exclaimed, doing wide gestures with her arms.

Shiera relaxed unto Willis, resting her head in his shoulder and her arms around his neck "I don't want to let go of you, okay?" she whispered, hoping he would hear her. She was getting tired, and all she could think about was resting a bit.

• Sip
Willis stared at Shiera giving her a sympathetic smile. She kept trying to hold on to him and the more Willis tried to hold her the more Shiera began to slip from his grip. It was as though the woman was doused with lubricant. "I understand," Willis said. "I get not falling in love, it's not exactly my style either." The last thing Willis wanted was to fall in love. He preferred to have fun and fool around a bit but a commitment was not his style. The young man preferred his freedom above all else.

He picked up Shiera in a bridal carry placing her head against his chest. "You don't have to sweetheart," Willis muttered in her ear. "Where do you want to go?"

• Popcorn
"We're quite lonely, aren't we Willis?" She murmured to him"Living a lonely adventure, looking for something to hold on for life." She said "So are you going to leave me soon? If we don't want to make attachments, maybe that's for the best"

She hummed a bit at his question, thinking "I don't have a place to stay, so just go wherever you want" she nuzzled deeper into his chest, feeling safe and calm, a feeling she hadn't had in a long time.

Willis always preferred to travel alone he valued his privacy and didn't like the burden of taking care of someone else. Even though he did care for a handful of people, Willis didn't want to get too close to them for fear of losing them. That's why Willis often worked alone, he knew himself and what he can do. The same cannot be said with other people.

"I guess we are," Willis shrugged. "You don't have anyone to go to?" Shiera let slip that she was lonely after all. Part of Willis just wanted to place Shiera in a safe place and leave. However he wanted to stay with her just for a little more. While he did prefer to adventure alone there was value with having good company.

"We'll just walk around okay?" Willis smiled while they exited the tavern. As soon as he stepped outside, Willis greeted by the cool breeze brushing against his skin.

• Cheer
Shira shivered once the cold air hit her, getting even closer to Willis "Fuck" she muttered. She looked up at Willis, smiling at him "Nope, but I can manage, don't ya think?" she asked, giggling "You can leave me now, I'll be okay." she laughed once more, giving him a hug as she did so.

"And where are we going to walk to?" she asked, looking up ahead. She suddenly groaned, hiding her face in his neck "I'm tired" she complained. Then, she looked up at Willis, frowning a bit "You should leave me right here, you know? I will only bring you trouble" she muttered the last part, once again laying her head on his shoulder.

• Popcorn