Lore A bunch of worldly questions

Machati

Ok! I'm a bit new still and there's a lot to read..! I wanted to ask a few question about the world, things in recent IC history that might not be on species pages, etc etc. I'm interested in having more than one character but am working slowly and want to make sure I know what I'm getting into with this or that choice. I wanna really immerse them into the world!
(Also, hopefully I'm putting this thread in the right area with the right prefix..!)

1. Would a selkie be faefolk or their own standalone species?

2. Is there a Hunters Guild?

I know there's the Monster Hunters, but they seem like a different animal than what I'm talking about (or maybe not?). I mean more Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Like, they'll definitely make furniture out of antlers and be enthusiastic about hunting for the thrill of it, etc. Probably take rich people on hunting excursions, again, more for fun/prestige/bragging rights/food than out of a concern for the safety of fellow man. Would that fall under the Adventurer's Guild...?

3. If I wanted a character to participates in quests and adventures a lot, is there an organization (or general species) that does a lot more of that compared to the others? Or, alternatively, one that wants to do that but could use more characters in it?
(It's just really hard to make the comparison on this one from the outside)

4. I've got a lot of shop-owning questions: If I want a character who has a shop, or wants to make a shop someday, where does one start with that? Like, should I not make a page for it until it has already been roleplayed a bit, is it best to start off with them not having the shop or that they can but it should be in its beginnings (ex, out of a wagon or otherwise small). And if I did have a character with a shop, is there a place more appropriate that I should have that in or no? As in, should I stick to the Allir area if I want to have a lot of fun, or would it be neat to have a shop open in the Spine or Kalit, etc. (I'm still learning the regions and their general moods).. uh, let's see.. I think also, if I did make a shop-owning character, is their an organization they'd definitely be associated with? Like, should I shoot for them being associated with the Alanthis Trade and Co. no matter what or is that generally viewed as situational, like a shop owned by a giant/orc/gnoll/etc wouldn't be associated with Alanthis?

5. Is there a sentient species established as being herbivores (alternatively, is there a culture of vegetarians/vegans)?
I'm probably going to skim through them again to double-check but I wanted to ask in case anyone knew for certain, or was working on that currently. I just know I noticed a lot of species that are definitely omnivores or carnivores, but I don't know if I read one yet that was strictly herbivore?

1) Both as faefolk aren't a singular species but a collection of many similar species.

2) Not that I'm aware of. Is something you could start up if you wanted.

3) I'm not sure on a species more inclined to that set of activities. Culture wise there are a few. The big trade cities of Elbion and Alliria always attract the type looking for quick fortunes or have someone hiring people with that promise of grand rewards. Then there are the Kel I just made who have mercenaries and merchants out there doing stuff and likely to be hired on for craziness as they are known to be trustworthy.

4) There is no set rules for this. Just set up your shop however you want. The importance is the story not the shop wiki.

5) I don't think there is. Maybe some elves? Not seen any strictly herbovorous species that are sentient yet.

• Yay
Reactions: Machati
3) I'm not sure on a species more inclined to that set of activities. Culture wise there are a few. The big trade cities of Elbion and Alliria always attract the type looking for quick fortunes or have someone hiring people with that promise of grand rewards. Then there are the Kel I just made who have mercenaries and merchants out there doing stuff and likely to be hired on for craziness as they are known to be trustworthy.

4) There is no set rules for this. Just set up your shop however you want. The importance is the story not the shop wiki.

That's a real relief! I've got an orc girl bumbling around in my head but I want to go on adventures so I was debating if I should hold off on her until I gave humans or elves a try.

and #4 ahh excellent<3 I have a lot to think about and it sounds like it'll be fun to ponder!

• Orc
Reactions: Zeri Rekani