Open Chronicles Wierdos from Another Realm (Monster Hunters)

A roleplay open for anyone to join
The red-haired elf tilted her head, "What's Humpty Dumpty?" She asks looking confused but pushes it to the back of her mind.

But she did not expect the comment of being called lovely. Azulian sighs, she had been told this many times before but she'd still chuckle at the compliment taking the human's hand, "Well, Willis. my name is Azulian." She tells him watching him stand up looking for any signs of pain at he stood up and where it came from.

"Where does it hurt the most Willis?"
She asks him poking his back as they helped them up.

If he truly could not stand she would simply pick him up by herself and carry him up the stairs to simply do some healing magic to assist in the pain and bruising.

Lazule did not understand the reference. Let it go.

Next time you stay at the bottom floor.

He had to go where it was necessary for him to go. Furthermore, it was now incumbent upon him to practice going up and down stairs--an effort to become proficient in the use of the suit and its peculiar feet. He wished to have the same range of access as Lena's body, as well as the extra protection afforded by the armor built around the Unknown Warrior's body. Lazule resolved to practice this in secret. Truth could be dispensed with here; Willis did not need to know, nor be present for these practices. This would be prudent. It would be regrettable for this incident to occur again; if Willis was rendered incapable of hunting monsters, such would be a loss, and a preventable loss at that. If his bones must be broken, better that they be broken in the service of righteousness, fighting monsters, than by accident here.

He seemed angry at Caliane. Lazule did not know why. He had his hand offered here. What difference did it make whose hand helped him up.

Together, Lazule and Azulian did pull him up to his feet. Lazule did not yet relinquish his grip on him, for he mentioned that he could not stand. Two possible meanings. First, that he only needed initial assistance to his feet. Second, that, even with such assistance, he would not be able to stand under his own power and was not ambulatory. If the second case was true, Lazule and Azulian would have to carry him to a place Azulian deemed necessary to tend to him.

Introductions. Between Willis and Azulian. The latter asked him where it hurt the most.

Lazule asked only, "Will you fall if I let you go?"

His deepened voice reverberated inside the metal of his helm.

Smiling One Azulian Caliane Ruinë

Eren'thiel Xyrdithas Kikwi

Lazule and Azulian already had Willis' hands so Caliane stepped back slightly to give them room to get him to his feet, her eyes rolling at his comment on the healers looks. His flirtatious nature was a little tiring especially at times like this when the elf was trying to help. Perhaps, it was a human thing. She shuffled her wings and glanced to the door then back to the man as he was finally put back on his feet.

Humpty Dumpty? A small crease formed between her brows at the reference but the other redhead voiced her question so she merely canted her head to one side in interest, wanting to hear the answer.

"Wouldn't dream of getting in the way, Lazule carrying you will probably be less of a bruise to your ego than being carried by an angel," her lips twitched. It had been commented on before but she still found it amusing that some men found it to be such an insult to their manhood to be carried by a woman.

Willis smirked at Caliane Ruinë's statement, she was usually annoyed whenever Willis flirted with another woman but Willis just couldn't help himself at times. "I don't mind getting carried by a lovely angel," Willis said through clenched teeth. "I mean I still remember the time you flew me high in the air when we were attack by those insects in the Elven ruin."

The young man groaned partially because of his back pain but mostly due to the fact that he remembered the fucking bugs that tried to attack them from every angle. Willis really hated bugs. "Yes Lazule," Willis nodded. "I'll fall flat on my face if you let me go so please go gentle on me all right?"

There were so many questions that Willis wanted to ask Lazule but for now, his back needed tending. "It's all in my back," he responded to Azulian. "It feels that my spinal column has been fractured."

• Yay
Reactions: Lazule
Azulian gives an exasperated sigh, "Okay then get ready." She tells him picking up Willis by herself and fireman carrying him up the stairs, "If you guys want to come to watch you can!" She tells Cali and Lazule.

"Seems like Willis here has a few questions." She tells them as she kicked in the door with her foot and sets down Willis onto the bed with his back facing her. It was a simple healing spell that didn't require her speaking so she simply held her hand over his back and it started to glow as things started to heal.

She didn't care if she heard what they talked about, she already knew more about Lazule then a few of the others after all. It might also explain a few more things to her in the long run.

Willis's affirmation that he would indeed fall if let go proved to be irrelevant. Azulian, showing a rather surprising strength for her height and mass, picked Willis up and upon her shoulders. Impressive enough, yet then she additionally carried him up the stairs in this manner.

Lazule stood at the bottom of the staircase, watching the elf and her carried charge ascend. Just watched for a moment. Willis had prescribed staying on the bottom floor, and that was immediately going to be broken. Azulian's invitation, as well as Willis's own (particularly demanding) want of clarification, seemed sufficient enough cause to ascend the stairs as well. It would have happened, breaking said prescription, given a large enough period of time.

So Lazule--carefully--started up the stairs. Encountered no errors, as it had been when first he ascended the stairs carrying Erën.

He followed Azulian, having caught a glimpse of her kicking open that familiar door to the same billeting room, and went and stood beside the bed and waited for Azulian to work her magic. Best, of course, for her to alleviate at least some of the pain before he spoke.

Well Lazule...Why don't you first explain why you sound like a man?!

"I sound like a man because I am in a different body,"
Lazule said, his helm turned down to stare at Willis from behind its golden, reflective visor. "I am not human. I am a Life Fire. I was not born; I was created. The body previous was not truly mine; it belonged to a girl, the daughter of the man who was my Father--my Creator--and her name was Lena. This was the body you were familiar with, and it was destroyed in Bhathairk. Fighting a colossal monster known as the Amalgamation."

A pause.

"You were in the greater majority, Willis. For upon my hand I could count the number of people to whom I have intentionally revealed the truth of being while inhabiting Lena's body. I lied because I thought it necessary to lie. It would not have served righteousness if the foreign quality of my being sparked within you the primal fear of the unknown, and prompted you to act rashly. I did not wish to give rise to a situation in which I might have been forced to slay you in self-defense. Thus, the lie."

Smiling One Azulian

Caliane Ruinë Eren'thiel Xyrdithas Kikwi

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Smiling One

After weeks of pouring rain, dawn was finally breaking over the village of Nightingale, from the distance were two people looking over the structure. One was big burly Allrian man who looked like he's in his early thirties. He had messy black hair and a black beard and wearing steel armor with a yellow cloth draped over it complete with a black falcon symbol. Over his shoulder was a massive Warhammer with golden engravings on the shaft. The other was a young woman, with short black hair and green eyes wearing a low cut black dress with magical scrolls around her waist. Her staff lay next to her and her partner's horse and she looked over the Nightingale with a serious look on her face though it was the expression she would usually display "Oh man I can't believe this!" the man yelled with eagerness in his voice. "We're going back to my homeland Allria the thought of that just tickles my-"

"If you're going to talk about your genitals again, I'm going to put a curse on you Markett." The woman said bluntly still overlooking the village.

"Oh boy, Ava is being a spoiled sport." Markett joked playfully rolling his eyes. "Must be a Cintrian thing huh?"

"I'm reacting like any sane person would towards people like you." Ava retorted coldly finally turning to Markett and putting her hands on her hips. "But then again my expectations of an Allrian Dog has been set a little too high."

"Oh, come on that you know don't mean that shit." Markett chuckled "It's one of the few times you've ever called me that. We've been working together under Cyrus for years and you haven't called me an Allrian Dog. Something is pissing you off Ava."

Not changing her expression Ava furrowed her eyebrows. "It's Cyrus, he's been obsessed with going to Allria for quite a while lately. Never mind the fact that we should be building expanding here in Kingdoms like Elbion and the Empire due to its powerful contractors and mercenaries that we can recruit."

"Well." Markett put his hands over his head. "Allria has some good hardworking people."

Ava raised an eyebrow. "Compared to ex-Knights, Freedman of the Dales and scholars from the College of Elbion? Especially since I've recruited some of my friends from the Kingdom of Cinitria. They'll assist me with research and development of weapons, armor and potion making."

"Why the hell would they give up an education to work for a mercenary group."

Ava smirked, "Some of them owe me favors and some of them are just young and foolish, believing a mercenary's job is glorious."

"It is glorious!" Markett laughed.

Ava gave a small sigh. "I've been working around the clock getting in touch with my connections during my time in the Grand Game. I've got in touch with Medja and she has been more than happy to allow us an audience with The Emperor. Cintria has more It is also easier for me to establish a connection to home. Cyrus wanted a job so he can try to plead his cause to a lord or lady. So I pooled my list of contacts and they led me to a certain Emperor @Gerra."

"What's the job?" Markett asked.

"You know what it is," Ava replied icily. "The portal stone has been activated and the tower has appeared just like the seer has foretold. Cyrus spent months preparing the best of the Black Falcons to enter the land. I just hope these peasants won't be so stupid as touch the Stone."

"I grew up in what you consider a pigsty." Markett chuckled. "And believe me when I say that we peasants are smarter than you think. Now the real fools are the adventurers and the eggheads drawn by the mysterious of this tower! Given where it leads to, their minds will most likely be reduced to mush. They'll sadly have to be put down."

A grin then formed on Markett's face. "Well maybe not that sad!" He laughed. "It'll a hell of a lot fun bashing their crazy heads in. My baby girl haven't got a chance to feast on some blood! And I gotta practice my swings!"

Ava rolled her eyes as the sound of hooves were heard thundering faintly from the distance Markett stood a little straighter slowly taking out his Giant Warhammer from his scabbard anticipating an attack. Ava squinted and her eyebrows rose as though she recognized one of the riders. "Stand down Markett." Ava ordered as Markett took out his Warhammer.

The group of men came closer to the duo and stopped. At the front of the pack, was a huge man wearing huge black plated armor made of Volcanic Aurum with spiky pauldrons, enormous chainmail made out of Dragonbone and a plate helm with a narrow slit for vision. Behind his back was a simple Greatsword with runes of different elements embedded into it. The man stepped off his sturdy horse and approached the Ava and Markett.

proxy.php

"Cyrus," Ava said much to Markett's confusion. "It's nice that you are wearing the armor I've made for you."

Cyrus removed the helmet and handed it to Markett. "I can hardly breathe in that thing," He said irritably.

"It protects you and you won't stick out too much once you are in Allria," Ava replied. "Do you realize how much money and effort I had spent into making your armor? My magical enhancements plus the materials makes you nearly invulnerable."

"And slower and less agile," Cyrus replied bluntly "And unable for me to use my Reaver abilities,"

"You'll get used to it," Ava smiled a rare occurrence from a usually serious mage.

"I must say sir you look like a badass!" Markell exclaimed while looking at the men Cyrus bought. "Who are they?"

"They are mercenaries who are interested in joining the Black Falcons," Cyrus replied "They are to accompany you on your journey to Allria. How are we doing setting up in Allria Markett?"

"Could be better," Markett replied. "We don't have much of a presence in Allria but Jack is doing what he can to recruit and expand,"

"Does he have a letter for me?"

"No, he's been very hard to contact," Markett said

"A letter?" Ava asked.

"Yes."

"May I ask what is it?"

"It's personal business that is no concern of yours or Markett's,"

Ava crossed her arms already sure that she's not going to get any answers from Cyrus. "I've wrote to the village Elder, told them to prepare for your arrival and not to touch the bloody portal stone. The Elf responded saying that many mercenaries and adventures have been enthralled with the rumors"

"Good," Cyrus said as he looked at Nightingale "What makes us strong is conflict," he said.

Markett nodded smiling while Ava remained stone-faced already hearing Cyrus' speech many times.

"We are men and women who have no loyalty to any country or person," Cyrus continued. "Our entire enterprise is conflict. Conflict gives us purpose, we learn from it and we evolve. Peace is not just getting rid of conflict entirely but rather enduring it," Cyrus large hands curled into fists. "I have foreseen great conflict coming to Arethril soon and the Black Falcons will be the flame! We grow stronger every day as we prepare ourselves against future wars." Cyrus clenched his fist in determination. The time to establish a land where mercenary will always find work and ensure the legacy of the Black Falcons is, at last, becoming realized and no longer a dream.

"Cyrus," Ava said. "There's still my home Cintria, we can ally with them. The King will reward us immensely,"
Cyrus began walking towards the village "And lose our backers?"

"The Kingdom of Cintria has been spent is stronger than all of them combined," Ava said. "We can easily crush the our enemies."

While Cyrus was intrigued by Cintiria, he always found it a huge risk due to Cintria being irrevlevant for the past thousands of years. He'll lose the loyalty of his backers and while all the mercenaries in the Black Falcons are extremely loyal to him. The alliance will really put that to the test. "Well make negotiations before you leave." Cyrus responded craning his head towards her. "But be warned it's only for exploratory purposes."

"Very well," Ava bowed.

"Today!" Cyrus declared his dark eyes narrowing upon the small village. "We prepare for the wars to come! Only through conflict! We can grow stronger!"

(OOC: Market and Ava)

https://i.redd.it/wy46896aa6z21.jpg

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ingilla.png/revision/latest?cb=20150906184013

Kikwi Caliane Ruinë Azulian Lazule Eren'thiel Xyrdithas

• Popcorn
  • Yay
Reactions: Medja and Lazule
Nate walked into the Gilded Vale and tosses a few coins onto the bar’s counter, “Two pints please.” He tells the bartender with a smile. The tender just nods and goes to make him his drink as he went to sit down setting out his recent trophies from his most recent kills.

A few fangs, an eye, a pelt. Oh and a few claws or talons. Then his best one during these outings, the skull of a trouble causing griffin. Took him so long to pick all the meat and skin from it and not to mention clean it so well it could not smell. Even to him it didn’t smell!

He’d spin the griffin feather between his fingers humming as the bartender put down his pints of ale and he took some and drank it. Sighing with happiness. Taking out a notebook and charcoal he starts to make sketches of what he seen and a detailed sketch of the griffin skull.

Caliane followed the little group but instead of taking the stairs and risking being squashed like Willis had she flew, one beat of the wings was all it took to propel her onto the landing and another to soften it was her feet touched down. She listened quietly as Lazule began to explain what he actually was and leaned against the door which she had shut behind her so Azulian could work in peace.

"I only found out on the field when Erën - the elf we brought with us - gave her to me. There is... my magic like I told you before is not like a mages, it is a part of my soul. I was able to keep Lazule burning by merging him with that Soulfire. We have been sharing a body for the past few weeks and then travelled to get his new one. We were.... pressed for time so we didn't really think about asking to see a selection."

Kikwi's wagon reached the base of the tower as dawn broke, and he was far from the first one to arrive. People of all sorts had gathered around. There were perhaps thirty at the moment, and more seemed to be coming all the time.

Everyone was so busy with the oddity that no one seemed to notice or care about the little owl whose wagon squeaked by towards the large wooden doors of the tower. The vines that sprawled across the structure were interesting, and they appeared almost to grow out of the stone itself, rather than just grab onto it. There were flowers that Kikwi had never seen before and small sparkling insects that darted around them. Pulling Beatrice to the side of the tower, he immediately set about sketching them.

A few people went into the tower, but he did not follow. There would be time enough to explore, right now he had to draw this butterfly. His drawing was finished in a few minutes, and he moved on to his next subject. So enthralled was he that quite a bit of time passed by. He realized that no one had left the tower. It wasn't a small building by any means, but it wasn't wide, either. That many people all standing around inside would not be comfortable. Wishing to make sense of this, he followed the next adventurer inside.

They were alone, just him and the stranger. Where had everyone gone? The room was circular, with a dark wooden floor and similar vines and flowers covering the interior walls as were outside. At the center of the room was a large, glistening stone. This held no vines nor insects, it was simply smooth and massive. Kikwi took a few steps around it, as it was obviously the focal point of the room.

The man who had walked in before him approached the stone, and before Kikwi could ask him what it was, the man touched it and vanished. A small squeaking sound of surprise escaped Kikwi's beak, and he ran around to the other side of the stone. No one was there.

"Oohhhh..." was all he could say, and he quickly ran back outside to gather more things from his wagon. He would need to set up for true study.