Private Tales Where the Ancients Dwelled

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
'I'm sure she would've thrown my arse in the hot springs by now for this travesty of a breakfast,' replied Mabbon, smiling warmly as Kaira sashayed away from him in search of a place to sit. 'It's kind of you to say so, though.' Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, and those little crispy potato wedges Calandra always asked for. Nothing special, not where his family's culinary skills were concerned.

Sitting down next to Kaira, Mabbon gave her shoulder a playful bump.

'Bon appétit!' He smiled, tucking into his breakfast. The skies overhead continued to brighten, though, Mabbon knew Kaira's observation to be correct. 'Dark and dreary... sounds perfect.'

He wasn't sure if she was being considerate or just making small talk. Knowing Kaira, it was likely the former. 'It's okay,' he said, between bites. 'I don't mind what the weather's doing, so long as I'm with you.' Amused by his own sentimentality, the Guardian of Darkness shrugged, tried looking coy. His eyes darted to the trencher in her lap.

'Enjoying yourself?'

Kaira Yehven

• Frog Cute
Reactions: Kaira Yehven
Kaira had to slow down her eating. She was starved, her stomach protesting loudly as she had a good laugh and brought her slice of bread to her mouth to bite into. Nodding, she took the time to chew her mouthful, looking about the mountains and rocks littering their morning vista. Grass dotted around some surfaces, gave aide to the picture of rolling hills. The Steppes always gave perfect view of it's natural beauty, and Kaira only wished could have this vision and hang on a wall in her home.

"A full day away from the city." This time she had felt different. There was no mourning weighing her down like it had when she had set off with Lyta, Villam, and Konstantin.

Looking to Mabbon, Kaira regarded him with a pleased expression. "It makes me hopeful that perhaps one day I can truly go on this adventures again. That I can serve other regions of the Steppes like the other Guardians." Like you. It made her feel odd thinking that, that Mabbon could so easily leave her behind in Valenntenia.

• Devil
Reactions: Mabbon Dreierg