Open Chronicles Underground Fighting Ring

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"Can you hear me?" She asked, silently hoping the girl would be okay and she wouldn't have to do some experiment on her.
The voice rang in her head. It was soft and sweet, yet she had no clue as to who it was. She was too weak to move or even open her eyes. The only thing she could do was cough up more powdery blood, even though it hurt her to. She wasn't one to pass over like this.

Was it the powder? Or maybe it was a different pill she had taken some time before arriving here? She couldn't be sure. All she knew was she was in a tremendous amount of pain and she never heard her small friends answer.

"
Will you...stay...out of...trouble...?" She said between short breaths. Her heart ached because Urchin wasn't with her. She couldn't understand or explain it but, she could feel him, like his energy when he was near her. She wasn't feeling it now. "Do you understand, Urchin!" Ryna shouted, out of the blue. "You'll get yourself hurt!"

Ryna coughed up more of the blood powder mix as her head began to spin. She didn't want to lose the only person she had learned to love. She never wants to lose him.

Last edited:
Samara smirked in response to Isek's statement about Ogden. An unfortunate misconception, which hopefully wouldn't be corrected any time soon. Not that the Dark Elf wanted to be compared to a fatalist Dwarf, but explaining how some of the more common means of dying didn't apply was best avoided unless absolutely necessary. Like how one didn't run around telling everyone whether they liked tossing between the sheets with one's own sex. There were times to bring it up, and then there was every other time.

"Of course." A short acknowledgement of the possibility of gainful employment before the man gazed upon the woman of his deepest affection. Wasn't hard to see how besotton he was with the Cleric either. So, yes, Samara felt a little envious at the sight, and fell silent in observing the moment.

Aside from flings, the Dark Elf had to first admit she was a Vampire, and then if they didn't run screaming she would need to admit her... involvement with a certain Dark One. Opening up in the way Isek seemed to have managed seemed so out of reach for Samara it hurt.

I could help you seduce him away from her.

The ever so helpful goddess doing everything she could to ruin Samara's life for her twisted pleasure. For some reason, the generous offer wasn't accepted. Likely because she wasn't a ravenous masochist.

When Isek turned to depart, Samara did as well. Her eyes darted over in the man's direction as he began giving instructions for unusual suspects present. Alima's prone figure was the center of attention, of course. One which even the mercenary among them chose to draw in closer for an examination.

As Mute carried the woman off as Isek suggested, Samara lingered with Eilerias. The woman seemed taken by the blood and powder present. When she got up to try and find Honey and Charity, the Elven woman took the opportunity to perform a similar examination personally. A light touch, a careful inhalation, and even a light taste before a quick spit to dislodge it from her tongue.

When Eilerias returned, Samara straightened up and began to head to the room where Alima had been taken. It offered the Elven woman a moment to contemplate what was known so far.

Only when she arrived, Samara found the room smaller than expected. A sentiment shared by the resident healer soon afterward. Quite forcefully, in fact. Eilerias was in her element now and had taken charge accordingly it seemed. "I have knowledge of such things," Samara replied in the wake of the Cleric's demand any lacking such depart immediately.

While a mage such things had not been her specialty, but like any well rounded education Samara had learned of it. Fortuitous as the job requirements later in life benefited from that knowledge in concocting potions and poisons. Nothing that would shake the Pillars of Alchemy, of course. No kingdom-threatening toxins or elixirs that lifted some ancient curse. Enough to live on. Or, perhaps, enough for someone to cease living. Either way, it could be useful now.

Their patient soon seemed strangely animate and insistent regarding a conversation she'd had with Urchin.

"We need to keep her throat clear and open," Samara said aloud though Eilerias likely already knew the danger Alima faced in choking to death.

The Elven woman shifted in closer to Alima. "What happened when you were speaking with Urchin?" The woman could be delirious or fixated on the conversation, but it certainly didn't hurt to ask. It would be nice of the woman vomited something useful up instead of her blood.

Blue eyes lifted to regard the healer then. "I have a healing potion with me, but until we know what she's suffering from," and knew it wouldn't just get coughed back up, "I'm hesitant to give it to her."

Samara's attention turned down to the woman once more. She reached out and began to probe and explore the woman's outfit and the gear she had on her. Maybe the Alima couldn't tell them anything verbally, but she might still have something to share. That's when a frown pulled down on the Elf's lips as her hand settled on a soft pouch. One Samara carefully explored with her fingers to examine what was inside it. A flick of her eyes up at Eilerias, a repeat of earlier tests followed to compare the smell and taste of this powder to what seemed to be issued out in the common area.

If nothing panned out immediately, she'd begin visually inspecting Alima's body. Likely something Eilerias had already begun or would shortly. "It could be a drug or poison. A disease would explain the coughing even of blood, but the blood has an unusual quality to it." Samara looked over at the other woman seeking her thoughts on this terrible turn of events. Had it been self inflicted? Did Alima have enemies? Or was it some kind of disease? If it were a disease Samara expected the healer would be more inclined to know that than she.

Isak always enjoyed watching Eilerias work, staying put as she commanded the people to leave the room and grant her space to examine the poor woman. Some of the mercenaries that were accompanying them dispersed to the lobby, finding their way back amongst the crowd so as not to raise any more suspicions about what was happening, and Eilerias now asked him and Urchin to grab some materials from the bar.

He memorized everything, and without any objections, left the room, almost dragging Urchin with him, worried that the kid would become a hinderance in there, so caught up on his own emotions. Isak knew that if there was anyone who could save that woman, it would be Eilerias.

One of his mercenaries approached Isak after he signaled with his gloved fingers. Isak instructed him to take whatever supplies that Eilerias needed to the room, while he began pacing around the floor, his eyes scouring about the crowd and the people who still drank and conversed at the lobby, almost unaware that someone was dying just nearby. But there was something else on his mind now.

The woman back there, she looked awfully familiar. Isak could swear they had seen and helped her just a few weeks before, and she certainly seemed important to Urchin. But with her condition now, Isak would have to save his questions for later, and hope that whatever ailment was afflicting her wouldn't deprive him of his answers.

The mercenary returned with a plate full with the requested items, and Isak returned to the room, leaving it next to Eilerias. By the look on his face, Eilerias could tell that he would be sticking nearby, to make sure that there wouldn't be any more surprises. Isak knelt next to her, also taking a look on the woman as Samara now looked to help her as well, mentioning something about a potion that could help her, or even make her worse. He recalled Eilerias speaking of a powder, and Isak couldn't help but think about Khalid and his earlier interrogation, when the man also made mention of a powder that had been delivered to him.

Still, this didn't seem to be the same effects of the powder used by Khalid, seeing as the woman was more akin to be dying than fighting ferociously on the arena. It had to be something else, and judging by the last troubles that they faced to help her, it seemed that she still had people very determined to endanger her life. Alliria was even a perfect place for that.

"I've seen the works of such things before." Isak added as Samara explained what she had taken from her own examination, his brown eyes still locked upon the wounded woman. As someone who had his hands on many shady deals all over the city, Isak knew his way around dangerous powders and poisonous liquids, and hopefully he could bring some more light to that web of mystery, as soon as they could get that woman to speak.

"We need to know where this mysterious powder came from."

Urchin breathed a sigh of relief as a few others arrived on the scene to help. Eilerias taking charge and Mute carrying the girl to the other room, with Samara on hand to offer her expertise. "It's okay, Miss," Urchin assured Ryna as he followed her into the back room. "My friends are 'ere. They're gonna take care of ya. Yer gonna be okay."

"The rest, please leave and enjoy the fights. This room is a hazard for all of us to be in and quite frankly, I do not wish to be hovered around while I work. "

"But I wanna 'elp!" Urchin insisted, determined to do something to assist Ryna in her recovery. Anything but simply standing outside being useless.

"If you would be so kind as to get some supplies from Honey for me, I would appreciate it."

"Supplies! Yeah, I'll go get 'em!" Urchin insisted, rushing to the door so that he could get help as quickly as he could. He didn't mind leaving the room if he was actually doing something useful.

"Will you...stay...out of...trouble...?" She said between short breaths.

The lad paused at the open door as Ryna asked him the question. Once again begging him to stay out of trouble. "Dun worry, I... Hey!" his answer was interrupted as Isak dragged the boy out of the room before he could answer. Probably just as well though. Eilerias needed to concentrate. "Okay, okay, I'm out! Turn me loose!" the boy objected, and as soon as Isak had let him go, Urchin rushed over to the bar to find whatever it was he needed.

"Honey, Charity!" he called the two girls names in panic as he pushed his way through the crowd. "The lady's in trouble!" he declared awkwardly, a bit embarrassed that he didn't have a name to identify the lady with. "Ya know Charity, the one what we rescued from them guys the other day. Summin's wrong with her! Eile says I need ta get..." Ah. That was a problem. What exactly was he supposed to get? "Supplies... Ain't sure what supplies she needs. What do ya need to 'elp someone what's coughin' up blood an' powder?"

"Hey babe!"

Honey almost jumped out of her skin when Charity appeared behind her, at first gasping with surprise and then giving an awkward laugh when she realised who was speaking to her. She needed to calm down. She was extremely on edge and paranoid after setting Khalid loose, but if she didn't start acting like herself, she was going to look suspicious. "Oh, hi sweet heart. How's the night going. I guess you're fighting next, huh?" she asked, still hoping that Charity would change he mind and back out. But Honey knew as well as anyone that the best way to convince someone to do something foolish was to try and persuade them not to do it. Doubtless the more she fretted that Charity would get hurt, the more Charity would be determined to prove her wrong.

"Mind getting me another drink?"

"Sure thing love," Honey replied, but as soon as she removed her hand from the bowl, the injury to her hand became extremely obvious.

"Woah... Are you alright? What happened to your hand?"

"Oh nothing, I cut it on some broken glass," Honey lied... Well, technically it wasn't a lie, but still. "It's not deep. Should be fine in a couple of minutes." Not wanting to get blood all over the glass though, she took a nearby dishcloth and wrapped it around her hand to bandage the cut. "What can I get you, beautiful? Need to get some liquid courage in you before your big fighting debut." Honey asked, leaning her elbows on the little makeshift bar. "... So, Mr Lavelle's not your type?" she asked, continuing on from their last conversation. "Not into the pretty boys, huh? I'm curious, what kind of man gets your interest? Maybe a big guy like that?" she asked, pointing into the ring where Diedrick was fighting. The man certainly had a sculpted figure to say the least. He looked like one of those chiselled marble statues of a Amol-Kalit God. "Or do men in general just not do anything for you?" Honey had met a few women in her time that preferred their own sex to the company of men, and honestly, with the kind of men she had to put up with in her line of work, she understood where they were coming from.

Once again though, their little conversation was interrupted by Urchin and his antics. Could that boy not stay out of trouble for five minutes. "Calm down," Honey advised him. "Deep breaths. Talk slowly. What's wrong?"

"The lady's in trouble!" he declared awkwardly, a bit embarrassed that he didn't have a name to identify the lady with. "Ya know Charity, the one what we rescued from them guys the other day. Summin's wrong with her! Eile says I need ta get..." Ah. That was a problem. What exactly was he supposed to get? "Supplies... Ain't sure what supplies she needs. What do ya need to 'elp someone what's coughin' up blood an' powder?"

"Right," Honey mumbled, taking a moment to think. In all honesty, she had no idea how to treat somebody that was coughing up blood. External injuries were one thing, but internal? She had no idea how suck wounds could be treated. The best she could do was make an educated guess. "Water," she decided, taking the bowl she had been washing her hand in and tipping it into the sink before refilling it from the only water keg in the warehouse. She would need clean water after all, not water that was already murky with blood. Now, what else? "Something long and flexible. She might have something lodged in her throat... Maybe baking soda. That would help disintegrate it. But Gods know where we'd find baking soda at this time of night... And bandages! Urchin?" she asked, turning to the boy. She knew that he kept a constant supply on hand, and was one of the few people who actually knew why he kept them.

"Mind giving me a hand, love?" Honey asked Charity as she hauled the heavy basin of water up onto the makeshift bar. Honey was a little low in the physical strength department and didn't really feel confident carrying it herself.

Eilerias felt like an idiot as she realized this woman was no stranger to her, in fact she had seemed to have an affinity for getting herself into sticky situations. Ryna...Yes, that was her name! How could she have forgotten her so soon after their first encounter? She would have to blame it on her child making her so forgetful.

She allowed Urchin and Ryna to have a moment together, nodding as Samara mentioned her knowledge of strange ingredients. "Hold off on the healing potion," She smiled. "I'm basically a walking healing potion, however some things have underlying problems that I can only make feel better. Without getting to the root of this, she will likely die." Of course, that was the worst case. Eilerias knew how much Urchin cared for the pretty lady, ever since he came into the Raven Club screaming about her needing help. She couldn't live with herself knowing she let his friend die.

She would tease him forever about his crush on Ryna, regardless if he actually did have one. It was always fun to watch him blush furiously and deny it.

Eilerias was no doctor. She was only skilled in her magic. Truthfully, she barely knew the body, but from what she read in Gwen's archives she had some places to check for damage that could minimize the amount of cutting it would require to find the cause of this strange powdery blood. She looked up at Isak, awkwardly waving for him to stand outside the door. "You too," She said, as she began using her magic to put Ryna into a deep sleep. "We are going to have to undress her..." She hoped he would take the hint that it wasn't appropriate to watch. "Keep Urchin out when he's back as well."

She cut Ryna's top and began to palpate the area, searching for something that could cause internal bleeding. When she reached her ribs, she watched as Ryna's body reacted in pain. "Gotcha." She began to put more pressure on each rib, looking for the exact area of damage until she flinched and Eilerias felt something unusual. She felt her own ribs, comparing them as Ryna's seemed to move around quite a bit more than they should.

She reached into her cloak and pulled out a sharp daggar, and cleaned the area with the scarce items a mercenary brought. "I don't think we have the time to wait on the water, hopefully they get back with it before we need to flush the area." She mentioned, placing the blade up to the girl's skin and cutting into the area containing her ribs. Blood flowed freely, strangely non powdered like the blood she was coughing up as she dug around until she could see the area. It was worse than she assumed based on how it felt outside. The bone was broken into fragments and a strange....silver ring?

"That would explain it...I think...right? People don't usually have these in their bodies...I don't think so at least..." She spoke, significantly less confidently as she reached in to pull out the silver ring, handing it to Samara as she went back in to gather the bone pieces to put back into place. That was one unfortunate part of her healing. Sometimes it was hard to heal when things were so scattered about. She could alleviate pain temporarily, however unless she could rearrange the pieces, they would take much longer to heal.

It took a while to fit them back together, but she managed to do it, noticing a small perforation in one of her organs. That must be the stomach, which would explain the blood as well. Perhaps its mixing with something she ate or gods forbid a drug she consumed. She held a glowing hand over the area, hoping Isak would forgive her for using magic when she said she would take it easy. She didn't have the time to wait for a needle and thread as she felt Khet's second potion wearing off.

Shit. She thought, the pain creeping into her body as she absorbed Ryna's pain. Did Khet scam me? I'm going to kill him. Who the hell does this to his friend's fiancé? Maybe he's trying to kill me....or maybe he's trying to harvest my powers just like he did Isak. Her thoughts grew more erratic as she worked.

After a few seconds, the bones were fully fused and the skin and muscle she cut through was closing up, not leaving a scar. "As for the powder..." She grabbed a bucket, allowing her magic to wear off and for the girl to wake up. "She's going to have to vomit, so we can see if it's in her stomach." Eilerias barely gave the girl time to regain consciousness before putting the bucket in front of her and placing her fingers from the hand that wasn't covered in blood in Ryna's mouth and forcing her to throw up the remainder of the powdery mess. "Don't worry, everything's sealed up inside, this won't hurt her." She tried to reassure mostly herself as she talked, doing her best to hide the pain that was now radiating through her ribs before getting up and leaving the room, heading back into the main area.

Last edited:
Diedrick's head lurched violently, followed by the rest of his body skidding sideways. A normal man might as well have assumed him possessed and thrown by some invisible force, yet that couldn't be further from the truth.

Alain's shin struck home, rattling Diedrick's brain in ways he previously considered impossible. Like a whip of mercury, it accelerated to superhuman speed while simultaneously imbued with deadly proficiency.

Alain made sure to twist his hips preceding the collision, planting additional force to what was already a terrifying attack. The knight errant remembered it shattering concrete, wishing to see Diedrick's skull collapse in on itself the same as ripe watermelon would. A killing blow for sure, capable of felling strongest warriors under the right circumstances.

Alain gambled, all-too-keenly aware of his strength. If he could crush a stone pillar with a kick, then, sure enough, Diedrick's cranium would fare no better.

Diedrick's frontal bone fractured, consequentially damaging the multitude of highly sensitive blood vessels located in that area. The sticky liquid quickly invaded one of his eyes, obscuring the field of vision as it created an exploitable blind spot. Diedrick used every ounce of energy to stay on his wobbly feet. Had Alain not struck him with the shin, perhaps the situation would be less threatening. As of now, it felt like his entire nervous system froze up, turning into a static mush.

It was unsettling to see Alain approach at slug's pace, taking step by step as he nullified the distance between Diedrick and himself. He grasped the taller man by his wrist, careening him forward. For once, it was Alain who found himself living more slowly than his opponent. What happened couldn't have lasted longer than a few milliseconds, but it seemed like an hour.

He cocked back his arm as if he were winding a watch. With a tremendous force, he released it, and it arced forward, headed straight for Diedrick's chiseled face.

Much to Alain's horror, he felt his grasping hand failing mid-pull. It was the injured shoulder that betrayed him, straining against its own biology to cement Alain's victory. Alas, it could not deliver on his desires. He let go of Diedrick prematurely, but it was far too late to abort the right cross. The strike was two-thirds through when Diedrick's neck bent, placing his temple in the fist's immediate trajectory.

*CRACK*

A sickening sound echoed throughout the room's boundaries, scrapping the ears of all onlookers. Alain's attack connected, but not in a way he wanted it. The bones of his hand shattered against Diedrick's reinforced forehead, doing minimal damage.

Alain had little time to register the agony shooting into his wrist. He looked at his damaged digits, nearly mangled beyond recognition. There was a splintering, leading down the length of Alain's angular knuckle. The flesh tore, exposing the whites of his bone in all of their grotesque glory.

*SMACK*

Diedrick's elbow landed with a thud on Alain's left cheek, sending ripples of fat cascading back towards his ears, then back forward. He looked like a sputtering seal. As it continued to travel leftwards, it took out several upper incisors and made a loud THWACK! with his nasal cartilage.

Alain went limp, rolling with the elbow to mitigate the damage. He tried using the momentum to throw a spinning back fist, yet his hand rent the air without landing on anything solid. Diedrick was already behind Alain, wrapping his bear-like arms around the smaller man's torso.

Diedrick squeezed, forcing a hefty amount of air out of Alain's lungs. Alain attempted to resist, but his attempts were futile. He was simply in an unfavorable position. When trying to hit and injure his attacker's forearms, he found them rigid as steel. And even if they weren't, the pose his body was in didn't allow him to generate much force due to innate biomechanical restrictions. Diedrick wasn't dumb either. He made sure to pull back, setting Alain off balance and, therefore, making sure that he couldn't retaliate.

Suddenly the room began to spin, surprising the worn-down knight. It spun and jittered at great speed, turning faint lights into glistering balls of radiance. Alain figured out that he was being suplexed a split second between the back of his head banged into the hardwood below. His nape thumped the unwelcoming surface, sending ripples cascading across the entire arena. The wood gave out in many places, sending dozens of airborne projectiles in a hailstorm of shrapnel. Many took cover behind the sturdy tables in fear of being injured b the oncoming debris.

Alain's skull bore through several inches of woody, organic material, remaining largely undamaged. Much to Alain's dismay, he hadn't expected a concrete platform located just underneath the pretty exterior. His brain rattled from the force, sandwiched between Diedrick's descending frame and rock-hard material.

Had it been anyone else, he might've pulled through. But no, the two of them weighed roughly three hundred kilograms when put together. Add Diedrick's subtle augmentations allowing him to accelerate to such breakneck speeds, and you got a nearly fatal technique.

Diedrick straightened out, but Alain didn't. The knight's body rested limply against the planks, unmoving, unresponsive. Diedrick's gaze rotated to meet Alain, noting that his head was literally buried in the arena floor, leaving him in an uncomfortable, if not dangerous, position. It took Diedrick a herculean effort to bend down and pry Alain's passive form from the ground's unwelcoming clutches.

One glance told him that Alain was alive, muscles stirring on reflex. Alain's eyes had rolled into the back of his head, and his scalp was severely busted. The jagged concrete sliced it up into shreds, removing much of the man's ginger mane.

Alain was heavy as hell, and Diedrick made no further attempts to drag him out of the arena. Instead, he slid over the ropes, limping and swaying to keep himself stable. Any uncontrolled movements could have very well lead him to trip and fall face first, much to the delight of the onlooking crowd.

Diedrick lurched himself forward, rubbing at his buzzing head. There was a ringing in his ears. Almost as if a colony of angry hornets had invaded the sanctity of his mind. Diedrick tried to drown it out to no avail. Then the headache set in, the kind that stopped all other traffic in the brain, as suddenly all had met with red lights. His footfalls grew heavier with each step taken, alerting him that something was awfully wrong. Diedrick touched his side, where the spleen should've been. The tissue felt lumpy, gelatinous even like a fluid-filled sac had formed just under its surface. "Likely ruptured," he mumbled absentmindedly. He completely ignored the blood dripping from his nostrils onto his bare chest, staining it.

The Tyrant kept him informed of bodily ailments. It was currently processing Diedrick's injuries before feeding his brain with raw data. The thing was, Diedrick couldn't think straight at the moment. "Mild concussion too..." His voice turned into a drawl, half smothered by the crowd's uncouth roaring. And then he slumped forward as if his body had given up.

Diedrick was fortunate to reacquire control mid-fall, landing onto his knee. "Perhaps not mild." He urgently necessitated a place to sit. Anything would work, even a musty old chair.

Diedrick's gaze scanned the masses, trying to find the baby-faced priestess. He knew her to be a healer, but not for himself. Once locating her, he did his best to shout, "HEY!" at the female, hoping that she would hear him. He'd much rather have Alain treated now that he was unconscious. Gods knew that letting him near women was dangerous. He was a well-known rapist and a murder. Diedrick hadn't acquaintanced himself with Eilerias. In spite of that, he wasn't prepared to see her get assaulted or, worse yet, killed.

Eilerias
Urchin

Isak frowned with worry as he heard Eilerias speaking on the subject of the healing potion, already realizing that she meant to use her powers on that woman if anything were to happen. He knew she was taking that potions that Khet had prescripted to her, and he would trust in his friend's word that they would be strong enough to suppress any pain that she would feel in the act of healing, but Isak knew that even with that, the use of her powers took a toll on Eilerias' body, and subsequently on the tiny child that she carried.

Their child.

Still, he wouldn't try to contest her judgement on that now, not when there was a life at stake, and he knew very well that Eilerias would never back away from saving someone. He simply stood silent as they continue the inspect the powdery blood, while Urchin was out picking some more supplies that they would need for the operation. Isak's gloved hand reached towards Eilerias' shoulder again, giving it a slight squeeze as he tried to calm her. "You will save her, I'm sure."

Shortly afterwards, Eilerias ordered him to remain on guard outside, and to especifically keep Urchin, and anyone else, from disturbing them. She said they would need to strip that woman of her clothes to start, and Isak quickly picked up on her meaning. He remained stoic, having never cared about seeing any woman in that way before, until Eilerias walked into his life. He had always been too focused on his goals and his business to be distracted by other pleasures, but after Eilerias, Isak realized that she was the only one who could really sway him to think differently.

Isak would only ever belong to Eilerias, and she already knew that. They both knew, and that thought always warmed his heart.

Still, he wasn't a brute without manners, and he wouldn't stick around against her wishes or disturb them. With a reassuring nod and a sweet kiss left on Eilerias' head, he got up from his knees and made his way outside the room, leaving only Eilerias and Samara there to tend to the wounded Ryna. He remembered her name now, and he still had many questions about that strange woman, especially given the circumstances of their first meeting.

A matter that he would have to take to Urchin, if he hadn't lost his way around the building in search for water.

He strongly closed the door behind him, walking a few steps ahead to try and look for Urchin, but he was approached by one of his mercenaries, with a concerning look on his face. "Boss, that fighter got away. The one you were interrogating!" He relayed the information, and even as intriguing as that was, Isak didn't look at all surprised. He already knew that many things were happening inside that building that night, and Khalid had already served his purpose, even if his lack of proper leads to follow had greatly infuriated Isak.

And yet, he didn't seem bothered by that anymore. He had promised to free the man after his interrogation after all, and whoever had helped him only done Isak a service. Still, he was curious about Khalid's connection and involvement in all of that, especially after receiving help to flee. Isak instructed his mercenary to keep an eye out for any more leads concerning Khalid, and also his mysterious helper, before watching Urchin talking with Charity and the blonde waitress from before.

Time went by rather quickly as he stood guard outside the room, turning around once he heard the door opening and Eilerias walking out. He noticed her hands were trembling a bit, already imagining that she had indeed used some of her magic to help Ryna. He could always tell when she was in pain now, even if she tried her best not to show it. Gently, he took her hands and brought Eilerias closer to him. "Are you well, Eile? And how is she? I hope those books from Fal'Addas helped you." He said, referring to the time he got her a few books on the intrinsicate details of medicine, knowing that she had always been curious to know more about that, and not just heal wounds with magic.

"We should visit Khet after all this. I can see that his potions have been a bit underwhelming in their effect." Isak couldn't hide the worried look on his face as he slowly caressed her cheek with his fingers. He could already tell that Eilerias hadn't been feeling well, with everything that's been going on, and he preferred to put the blame on Khet and his weak solution to her ailments. But before he could delve deeper into the matter, he heard a voice coming from the arena, calling for a healer. It seemed that another one of the fights had ended, and caused quite the damage in its wake, but Isak would never let Eilerias risk her health even more, and they still needed to wait for Urchin and tend to Ryna.

He still needed some answers. Isak looked around, signaling to another one of his mercenaries that quickly went over to him. "Take one of Eilerias' acolytes and some more men, tend to that brute that's laying half dead on the arena. And report back if you find anything unusual." He bluntly gave out the orders, and with no protest, the man who carried two short axes went on to find one of the acolytes, enlisting her help and taking several other mercenarieswith her down to the arena. Isak always made sure to keep her acolytes well protected.

"Khalid has escaped, with some help. He was not useful to us anymore, but still... There's too many strange moves at play here tonight. I don't suppose you learned anything about what happened to Ryna, my love?"

Isak asked Eilerias, turning his head to look at her again, a softer look on his face now, as opposed to the roughness of his gaze from when he was speaking with the guard. Hopefully, she could ease some of his worries this time, like she's always done.

"Something long and flexible. She might have something lodged in her throat... Maybe baking soda. That would help disintegrate it. But Gods know where we'd find baking soda at this time of night... And bandages! Urchin?"

"Right!" Urchin declared instantly, but he'd already surrendered his bandages earlier that night. He quickly ran around in search of Mute, who had been ushered out of the room along with the other men. "Mute! Mute! Bandages!" the lad called when he spotted him, giving him a wave across the crowd. Mute nodded, taking the roll of bandages from his pocket and throwing them over the heads of the spectators to the awaiting boy, who had to jump to catch it, due to his less than average stature. "Ta!" he called back before rushing back to the room where Isak was now standing guard. "I got bandages!" he declared, trying to push past, but being blocked from entering once again. "But I wanna 'elp!" the lad objected once again, sounding rather desperate in his attempt. Isak, however explained the situation and why his help might not be appropriate. "... Oh," was all the lad replied. "Okay, I guess I'll just... Wait 'ere then."

Urchin felt so useless. That nice lady could be dying in there and here he was standing around, completely useless. He'd never even learned her name, and now she could die before he ever found out... He was soon distracted from his thoughts though when a loud cheer went out across the room. "Wha?" he mumbled, trying to peak over the shoulders of the other spectators. "Who won?"

When he finally managed to push his way through the crowd, he was pleased to see that Diedrick was the only one in the arena left standing. "Yeah!" Urchin cheered, jumping up and down. "Ya did it, big guy! Ya showed that arrogant prick!" Unfortunately though, it looked like Ryna wasn't the only one of his associates who was in serious trouble. After exiting the arena, poor Diedrick only managed to stay upright for a few steps before collapsing to the ground. "Oh, fuck!" the lad gasped in frustration before pushing his way through the rest of the spectators to see to his friend. "Hey, Diedrick? Diedrick? You okay?" he asked, struggling to roll the man onto his back to see whether he was conscious or not. "Oh bollocks, looks like that bastard fucked you up real bad. Diedrick, you okay? Can ya 'ear me?" he asked, snapping his fingers in front of Diedrick's face.

In the meantime, Perrault called over some of the girls who Urchin had contacted to help work that night. After this rather brutal fight, there was a lot of blood left in the arena, and they had to clean it up as best they could before the next fight.

Eilerias barely gave the girl time to regain consciousness before putting the bucket in front of her and placing her fingers from the hand that wasn't covered in blood in Ryna's mouth and forcing her to throw up the remainder of the powdery mess. "Don't worry, everything's sealed up inside, this won't hurt her." She tried to reassure mostly herself as she talked, doing her best to hide the pain that was now radiating through her ribs before getting up and leaving the room, heading back into the main area.
Ryna was barely awake when she had the sudden urge to vomit. Before even opening her eyes, she leaned over the side of whatever stand/table she'd been on and puked up her previous meal.

Once she had finished vomiting, she flopped back on the table/ stand, breathless. Ryna groaned softly. "Holy shit..." She said softly. "A-ah..." Her fingers traced the sewn up part of her body. Ryna looked around to see no one in the room with her.

"Where...is everyone?" She asked herself. She was still in too much pain to even sit up. so she laid there until someone, anyone came into the room. A memory flashed in her mind. Urchin had answered her question.
The lad paused at the open door as Ryna asked him the question. Once again begging him to stay out of trouble. "Dun worry, I... Hey!" his answer was interrupted as Isak dragged the boy out of the room before he could answer.
She smiled weakly. "I know what you meant, Urchin." She whispered to herself. It was all in his voice.

Last edited:
  • Cheer
Reactions: Urchin
Samara's blue eyes regarding Eilerias as the woman spoke highly of her ability to heal. It wasn't that the Elven woman doubted her; only that as a former Mage, Samara knew such magic wasn't without cost. At least a potion was measured in ingredients -- or money. There was little easily measured when it came to the cost of mystic arts.

When everyone had been shooed out by the healer, Samara was suddenly left in the presence of the only other two women that'd been present. Evidently, the Dark Elf had been given the enviable task of assisting Eilerias in her surgical pursuit. Fortunate that her usual tasks involved blood and dismemberment or this might have been even more awkward.

"Trained in physical and mystical healing. Not many could afford such education." Light banter while the woman worked that shouldn't require a great deal of thought. Eilerias didn't need a distraction while she worked. Samara was honestly impressed; she only knew enough to perform a field dressing or select the right potion. Even when she'd conjured magic the ability to heal ribs and mend a wound as was performed before her eyes hadn't been within reach. Most of her study had been in combat arts against monsters.

When a ring was retrieved, Samara reached out to accept it so the healer could get back to work. In the meantime, the Dark Elf held it up and examined the foreign object found in Alima's body. "Perhaps. Could you tell where the greatest damage was done?" A ring doing all this? Perhaps. Certainly could have contributed. The injuries had provided most of Alima's suffering, and Samara was curious if it was clear if the damaged had been centered in any particular place.

A small smile surfaced as Eilerias seemed to try consoling Samara of all people present. "I'm confident." The wounds were healed and Alima wouldn't throw up any organs. Magic might seem incomprehensible, but with a firm grasp on the fundamentals you got a sense for what was possible or what might happen even when the entire picture couldn't be seen. Her new companion didn't seem to be lacking in ability to conjure her power, though involuntary muscle movement belied some unpleasantness.

After Eilerias left to recover outside of the tiny room, Samara's eyes fell to the woman. The Elf stood and peered out a crack in the door in the time it took Alima mutter to herself. Hopefully the supplies would be brought soon. Not that all were necessary any longer. With a hand through the door, Samara tried to get Honey's or Charity's attention to signal to bring drinkable water not just something to wash with -- both were sorely needed.

When she turned around, her eyes fell upon the mostly conscious form of the woman recently treated. At least Alima needn't worry about being fed upon -- not that she knew of such danger -- Samara wasn't the type to bleed someone to death, and the woman had lost enough blood already. "Welcome back. I hope you don't plan on moving so soon. She may have healed your body, but that doesn't mean you'll do more than collapse in a pile if you try to stand." A small smile graced dark lips from where the Elf stood by the door. Couldn't let just anyone barge in -- there was still the matter of where Ailma's top had been cut.

"You suffered quite an injury. Broken bones. Perforated stomach. Choking on some kind of powder." A moment's pause to see what if any reaction 'powder' got. "And a ring." Samara held it aloft between two fingers well out of reach. "That's quite a lot to go through in one evening." An unstated 'care to elaborate' hung in the air.

When she turned around, her eyes fell upon the mostly conscious form of the woman recently treated. At least Alima needn't worry about being fed upon -- not that she knew of such danger -- Samara wasn't the type to bleed someone to death, and the woman had lost enough blood already. "Welcome back. I hope you don't plan on moving so soon. She may have healed your body, but that doesn't mean you'll do more than collapse in a pile if you try to stand." A small smile graced dark lips from where the Elf stood by the door. Couldn't let just anyone barge in -- there was still the matter of where Ailma's top had been cut.
Ryna huffed lightly. "You don't think I know this..." She said, supporting herself on her left elbow. She was in no mood. Whenever Ryna was in pain, her attitude was snappy.
"You suffered quite an injury. Broken bones. Perforated stomach. Choking on some kind of powder." A moment's pause to see what if any reaction 'powder' got. "And a ring." Samara held it aloft between two fingers well out of reach. "That's quite a lot to go through in one evening." An unstated 'care to elaborate' hung in the air.
Ryna looked away when she heard 'powder'. She looked back to see a ring in the woman's hand. "That was inside me?" Ryna asked, a bit confused. "What? I know nothing of the ring. The powder was supposed to be a healer and...broken bones?" Now, she was extremely confused. She held her head and laid back.

"Listen lady, I'm not trying to be rude but where is Urchin?" Ryna asked, her voice wavering. "I need to see him." She looked at the lady in the doorway one last time.

Last edited:
Charity furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Honey skeptically as she wrapped her hand with a towel. It looked worse than just a minor cut, but her expression swiftly cleared at the mention of a drink. "Hmm... Barmaid's choice I guess!" she chirped.

So, Mr Lavelle's not your type?" she asked, continuing on from their last conversation. "Not into the pretty boys, huh? I'm curious, what kind of man gets your interest? Maybe a big guy like that?" she asked, pointing into the ring where Diedrick was fighting. The man certainly had a sculpted figure to say the least. He looked like one of those chiselled marble statues of a Amol-Kalit God. "Or do men in general just not do anything for you?"
Taking a long drink from her glass, Charity considered Honey's question. "No. Isak's not my type. And even if he was, we get along like cats and dogs unless Angel's around. I swear nobody gets on my nerves like he does." She looked towards the ring where Honey pointed and her eyes fell upon a large man bulging with muscles. "Oof.. Not my type either. I'd be too worried that he'd accidentally break me!"

Charity paused and took another drink. "I guess I would say my type is the fun sort. Ya know, the kind of man I could go on an adventure with. The kind that could go for a crazy night out on the town or just a nice quiet dinner. That kinda thing." She began slowly rolling the cup between her hands. "But in this business I don't run into a whole lot of them. They're all chasing money and power. No time for silly things like fun and enjoying life..." Charity sighed.

She looked up from her hands and into Honey's beautiful blue eyes. After a moment she realizing she had been staring, and quickly looked away. "Umm... Men are alright I if I can find a good one. Honestly though... I find the company of other women to be more enjoyable. Most aren't power hungry, and they know how to just relax and have a good time." Charity looked up at Honey again with a smile and leaned on her elbows. But before she could continue the conversation, Urchin ran up to the bar.

"Honey, Charity!" he called the two girls names in panic as he pushed his way through the crowd. "The lady's in trouble!" he declared awkwardly, a bit embarrassed that he didn't have a name to identify the lady with. "Ya know Charity, the one what we rescued from them guys the other day. Summin's wrong with her! Eile says I need ta get..." Ah. That was a problem. What exactly was he supposed to get? "Supplies... Ain't sure what supplies she needs. What do ya need to 'elp someone what's coughin' up blood an' powder?"
"Oh! You mean your girlfriend?" Charity teased the lad. "Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. I know... This is serious." she chuckled patting his shoulder gently. Having no idea what Eilerias could have needed, Charity glanced over at Honey hoping she knew. A large bowl of clean water was soon procured, and a tankard of drinking water along with it. She did her best to follow Urchin as quickly as possible, and delivered the water to a woman standing inside the room.

Charity wanted to check on Eilerias after she had healed the girl, worried she had strained herself trying to save her. She scanned the crowd but Didn't see Eilerias anywhere. Charity sighed and returned back to the bar.

"So... Where were we?" Charity asked Honey, a smile playing on her lips.

Last edited:
"Hmm... Barmaid's choice I guess!"

"Ale," she decided as she went to pour it from the keg. "Nothing too strong. Can't have you getting tipsy before your big fight, can we? Save the real drinking till after you win the big cash prize. Then you can buy me a drink, how's that sound?" Honey asked playfully as she handed the ale tankard over to Charity.

"No. Isak's not my type. And even if he was, we get along like cats and dogs unless Angel's around. I swear nobody gets on my nerves like he does

Honey let out a little giggle at Charity's objection. "A clash of wills, huh? Yes, I can see that. I find that wealthy business men like to have everything under their control. They don't feel safe when they feel like things are out of their hands. But a wild girl like you who does what she wants and doesn't care what people think... Yes, I can see the pair of you butting heads over that. That priestess friend of yours seems to bring out the best in him though." Honey said fondly. She had decided very quickly that she liked Eilerias. Isak on the other hand... Well, she wasn't quite sure exactly how dangerous he was yet. Perhaps she should've considered that before releasing his prisoner.

"I guess I would say my type is the fun sort. Ya know, the kind of man I could go on an adventure with. The kind that could go for a crazy night out on the town or just a nice quiet dinner. That kinda thing."

"Awh, you little romantic," Honey said sweetly. "Yes, I know exactly what you mean. No point in having a special someone in your life unless they know how to make you smile. That's the most important thing, really." ... Well, not that Honey had much say when it came to affairs of the heart. In her line of work, Honey's "type" was simply anyone who had money and whether or not they were willing to part with it. Whether or not she enjoyed their company didn't exactly factor into it.

"Umm... Men are alright I if I can find a good one. Honestly though... I find the company of other women to be more enjoyable. Most aren't power hungry, and they know how to just relax and have a good time."

"Same, same," Honey quickly agreed. "You get a lot of catty girls, especially the ones I work with, but cattiness is something I can cope with. I think even the meanest little bitches have a heart deep down if you know how to pry it out of them. Men on the other hand... They can be a bit unpredictable. You get some good ones, sure, but the really mean ones, there's nothing you can do for them. Just kind of have to accept that they are the way they are and do your best not to piss them off... I'd say I've gotten pretty good at that though. Just need to figure out what they want to hear and work from there. Comes in handy when dealing with the Allirian guard." As Charity would know from their first meeting.

"I'd say girls like you are my favourite kind of people though," Honey shamelessly flirted as she leaned across the makeshift bar and brushed Charity's fringe behind her ear to get a better view of those pretty eyes. "Girls who do and say what they want and don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. Truth be told, I think I've always been jealous of girls like you. Would love to be able to say what I actually think, but I'm way too much of a people pleaser."

When Urchin arrived and started desperately seeking help for his friend, Honey gave a mock gasp of shock when Charity described her as his girlfriend. "Urchin, you tart! How many girlfriends do you even have now? I swear there's a new one every time I see you." She teased him.

"NOT my girlfriend!" Urchin objected, blushing with embarrassment. "I only met 'er twice an' dun even know what 'er name is. She ain't never told me... Hey, Charity, what's this say?" he asked, holding open his little notebook of scribbles that only he could understand, and pointing to where Ryna had written her name. Perhaps he could find out the mysterious lady's name now, finally.

He didn't stay long though as he had his injured friends to worry about, and was running around like a headless chicken trying to make sure that everyone was okay.

After delivering the water to Eilerias and Samara in the back room, Honey breathed a heavy sigh of exhaustion as she wiped her forehead. What a night! And it wasn't even nearly over.

"So... Where were we?"

"I honestly can't even remember," Honey admitted. "How about you come back behind the bar and keep me company? Free drinks for the rest of the night if you help me serve, how's that sound?"

Unfortunately their little conversation was cut short when Perrault stepped back inside the ring to announce the next fight and a name was yelled out for the whole warehouse to hear. "Charity Briarthorne!"

"Oh shit!" Honey gasped, suddenly extremely anxious and she reached over to grab Charity's arm. "Sweet pea, are you sure about this? This is a really dangerous game you're playing tonight. Look at the state of those guys that just came out of the ring. I don't want to see you end up like that!"

"Ale," she decided as she went to pour it from the keg. "Nothing too strong. Can't have you getting tipsy before your big fight, can we? Save the real drinking till after you win the big cash prize. Then you can buy me a drink, how's that sound?" Honey asked playfully as she handed the ale tankard over to Charity.
Charity happily took the tankard and downed half of it in one go. She wondered if Honey knew ale was her favorite, or had really just chosen it because it was a weak drink. "Yeah I suppose you're right... When I win, I'll buy you all the booze you can drink!"

Honey let out a little giggle at Charity's objection. "A clash of wills, huh? Yes, I can see that. I find that wealthy business men like to have everything under their control. They don't feel safe when they feel like things are out of their hands. But a wild girl like you who does what she wants and doesn't care what people think... Yes, I can see the pair of you butting heads over that. That priestess friend of yours seems to bring out the best in him though."
"He does seem to like to have everything under his control and planned out. Boy you should've seen the look on his face when he found out Angel was pregnant! Never seen Isak look so lost before!" Charity laughed.

"Why shouldn't I do what want? Its my life and I'm going to do whatever the hell I want with it! And what I want to do is have as much fun as possible! I'm not gonna plan my life out like some idiot businessman trying to plan for the future!"

Charity sighed and took another drink. "That's probably a big part of why I haven't found a man yet. My father always told me that I was a "willful princess" kind of girl, and it seems like most men only want quiet, obedient women."

"Awh, you little romantic," Honey said sweetly. "Yes, I know exactly what you mean. No point in having a special someone in your life unless they know how to make you smile. That's the most important thing, really."
"Exactly! If I can't be happy around them, then what's the point? I mean, I know it won't always be fun and games, things do happen. But I want to be able to make someone smile and happy too!"

"I'd say girls like you are my favourite kind of people though," Honey shamelessly flirted as she leaned across the makeshift bar and brushed Charity's fringe behind her ear to get a better view of those pretty eyes. "Girls who do and say what they want and don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. Truth be told, I think I've always been jealous of girls like you. Would love to be able to say what I actually think, but I'm way too much of a people pleaser."
Charity could feel her face becoming red as Honey leaned across the bar. She could've sworn her heart stopped as Honey pushed her hair out of her face. The moment seemed to last for ages and Charity didn't resist Honey's touch. She just sat there with a shocked look on her face.

"W-What the hell are you talking about?!" Charity demanded as Honey leaned back, her expression morphing to one of embarrassed annoyance. She secretly wished the moment could've lasted forever, but she wasn't going to tell Honey that. Just some casual flirting... That's all this is... Charity tried to tell herself herself. "A-Anyway... You should should try telling people exactly what you think some time. It can be really freeing."

After assisting Urchin, and delivering water to Ryna, they returned to the bar. Charity was overjoyed when Honey suggested that she help serve drinks, but she did her best to hide it. She wasn't sure why, but suddenly she felt like she wanted to spend as much time with the woman as possible. Their time together was cut short as Perrault stepped into the ring and announced Charity as the the next fighter.

"Oh shit!" Honey gasped, suddenly extremely anxious and she reached over to grab Charity's arm. "Sweet pea, are you sure about this? This is a really dangerous game you're playing tonight. Look at the state of those guys that just came out of the ring. I don't want to see you end up like that!"
"I'll be fine!" Charity tried to reassure Honey, giving the hand on her arm a gentle squeeze. She smiled nervously as she freed her arm. "Some of Angel's students are here so even if I do get hurt, I wont stay that way for long!" Charity gave Honey a quick peck on the cheek before hastily backing away shyly. What the hell was she doing!?

"Make sure you have some of that ale left for when I get back!" she said cheerily, before she wove her way through the crowd and entered the ring.

Last edited:
Urchin felt so useless. That nice lady could be dying in there and here he was standing around, completely useless. He'd never even learned her name, and now she could die before he ever found out... He was soon distracted from his thoughts though when a loud cheer went out across the room. "Wha?" he mumbled, trying to peak over the shoulders of the other spectators. "Who won?"

When he finally managed to push his way through the crowd, he was pleased to see that Diedrick was the only one in the arena left standing. "Yeah!" Urchin cheered, jumping up and down. "Ya did it, big guy! Ya showed that arrogant prick!" Unfortunately though, it looked like Ryna wasn't the only one of his associates who was in serious trouble. After exiting the arena, poor Diedrick only managed to stay upright for a few steps before collapsing to the ground. "Oh, fuck!" the lad gasped in frustration before pushing his way through the rest of the spectators to see to his friend. "Hey, Diedrick? Diedrick? You okay?" he asked, struggling to roll the man onto his back to see whether he was conscious or not. "Oh bollocks, looks like that bastard fucked you up real bad. Diedrick, you okay? Can ya 'ear me?" he asked, snapping his fingers in front of Diedrick's face.

In the meantime, Perrault called over some of the girls who Urchin had contacted to help work that night. After this rather brutal fight, there was a lot of blood left in the arena, and they had to clean it up as best they could before the next fight.
"I can hear you, Urchin," Diedrick's voice passed by like a cold breeze, striking into the boy's bones. The large male rose, pressing one digit to plug his left nostril before snorting as hard as humanely achievable. A blob of blood slung out of his sinus, hitting the floor with a wet slap. Looking at it, Diedrick winced, noting its jelly-ish consistency and coffee-brown coloration. "Coagulation," he mumbled, lips peeling back in a snarl, "just what I needed."

Diedrick leaned in, bringing Urchin into a side hug as his massive appendage wrapped around the boy's waist. Squeezed together, with Urchin's head all but resting against his lower chest, he snickered. "Your care is much appreciated, Urchin. But I'll live, so worry not." Diedrick's smile betrayed his stained teeth. Once white, they now appeared yellow from the mixture of blood and mucus. "That said, I'll need a favor from you, so listen carefully."

Lurching past the immediate obstacles, Diedrick got ahold of a chair, slipping his battered frame into it. He snorted, his form barely contained by a flimsy piece of wooden furniture. "I am currently suffering a non-insignificant degree of brain damage, and the chances are that a capillary in my brain has burst." Diedrick bumped himself on the forehead with the knuckles of his index and middle finger, emphasizing the aforementioned injury. "If I was a normal man, well, I'd be dead, but I ain't, neat, right?" He left Urchin no time to answer or contemplate the circumstances before continuing. "I'll have you bring me some water, towels, and a bar of soap if you can get your hands on it."

"I have to clean myself, that's all."
The room around him felt unstable, not by virtue of its design but by Diedrick's concussion which made it hard to look at things without getting dizzy. He blinked a few times, each action growing increasingly less comfortable, at which point he had to shut his eyes closed and let them rest until Urchin's return. "And please do unstick Alain from the ring. Someone should treat his injuries, tho I have no idea of their severity at the moment."

Eilerias nodded as Isak questioned her. "I'm alright," She tried to reassure him as they walked. "Uh, well the books were a little less helpful than I imagined. I guess I didn't quite expect everything to be how it was. I do think I put everything back in the correct order..." She sighed. "I didn't want to use magic, but I had to. I really don't know how else things work. Please forgive me, but I must do my job. It's the only thing I'm good at."

Her ears perked up as she heard someone yelling, choosing to ignore Isak's commentary on the potions. She knew it was her fault. They wore off nearly the instant she started using any magic. As much as she wanted to run off to aid the fighters, Isak was right. There was no use risking her own health just in some poor attempt to prove to herself she wasn't as completely useless as she often felt. She waved over Lidia and Ana, who were floating around the area, and pointed towards the calls for help.

"How do you know he had help?" She raised an eyebrow. "And what's the problem anyway? You promised you'd let him go." He was right, once again. There was a lot of strange occurrences, but who's to say the instances were related? "To be honest, I have no clue. Her rib was shattered. There was this strange silver ring amongst the fragments, so I assume it would have something to do with that...though I don't really know. Humans are weird. Perhaps they all have strange metal attached to their bones. Maybe we do too."

Her words, though silly, were told in a completely serious tone as she spoke. She had no idea if this was normal, she didn't know the normal body. She didn't know hers or anyone else's for that matter. The fact that she had somehow managed to become a healer was astonishing with her lack of knowledge.

Charity Briarthorne!

Her eyes went wide as she heard Charity's name announced. "Good Gods, she's actually gone and put her name on the list." She looked back towards the bar, catching a quick glance at the exchange between Charity and Honey. They seemed to be close. Wonder why she never mentioned her friend before.

"I'm going to kill her if whoever she's fighting doesn't do it first." She huffed, grabbing tightly onto Isak and pulling him along towards the front where they could watch the fight.

Samara thanked Charity and Honey for delivering the supplies while Alima expressed surprise over the results of her recent examination. The Dark Elf turned from the door after shutting it, and set the water down off to the side.

A cup was slowly filled with the potable fluid, and extended toward the woman cradled in both hands. "Can you sit up to drink? Carefully." Samara had experienced a busted chest before. Hazards of hunting monsters in the woods. And that was before becoming a Vampire so no 'instant' healing. Fortunately, like Alima, there'd been healers involved.

"Urchin is doing what he does best -- run around and somehow corralling the cats in doing so," Alima's voluntold caretaker replied calmly. "Before I let him in here, do we need to do anything about your top?" Samara tilted her head to one side as though trying to look at the area Eilerias cut out. Who knew how prudish some people were; seemed better to ask before a lot of screaming happened from embarrassment causing Isek to run back in here with half of a criminal enterprise thinking Alima was crying murder.

"Also, what is that powder? You were choking on it when we carried you in here. Even if your stomach was perforated it reacted like you were a living loaf of bread." Healing powder? Samara wondered who gave her that. Didn't do any good.

A cup was slowly filled with the potable fluid, and extended toward the woman cradled in both hands. "Can you sit up to drink? Carefully." Samara had experienced a busted chest before. Hazards of hunting monsters in the woods. And that was before becoming a Vampire so no 'instant' healing. Fortunately, like Alima, there'd been healers involved.
Ryna sat up slowly, grunting from the pain. She took the cup into her hands, sipping on it lightly. "Thanks..." She said softly.
"Urchin is doing what he does best -- run around and somehow corralling the cats in doing so," Alima's voluntold caretaker replied calmly. "Before I let him in here, do we need to do anything about your top?" Samara tilted her head to one side as though trying to look at the area Eilerias cut out. Who knew how prudish some people were; seemed better to ask before a lot of screaming happened from embarrassment causing Isek to run back in here with half of a criminal enterprise thinking Alima was crying murder.
Ryna looked at the woman. "Of course he is..." She said, her voice wavering. She looked down at herself when the woman mention a top. "Oh, no. It's fine. Not too much is showing." Ryna said, with a weak smile.
"Also, what is that powder? You were choking on it when we carried you in here. Even if your stomach was perforated it reacted like you were a living loaf of bread." Healing powder? Samara wondered who gave her that. Didn't do any good.
"I told you. It was a healer. I got it from an old friend. He make them for a living." She explained. Ryna hated telling her personal life to others she barely knew, but this woman was one of many who saved her. She deserved the explanation. "Most of the powder is absorbed into my body, if there is any extra, I chuck it up."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Urchin
Isak looked at Eilerias with a proud smile as she told him of the books, feeling relieved that they managed to help if only slightly. But as she continued, Isak couldn't help but frown at her words, shaking his head a bit before reaching closer to her, his fingers slowly travelling around her face. "You don't need to ask for forgiveness, my love... And you underestimate yourself, greatly so. It's far from the only thing you excel at."

Indeed, Eilerias was a remarkable healer, but she was also a good person, which was rare sight in a place like Alliria. She was also far more intelligent than she gave herself credit for, having helped him greatly when they worked together on his more... legal deals.

Isak hated when she tried to downplay herself, but he would always be there to help her remember that she's so much more.

The roaring request for healers to aid the fighters broke off their conversation, but Isak couldn't help but notice the internal struggle that she faced, imagining that she was taking hard on herself the cautious approach to not using her magic as not to hurt herself. Isak knew that healing people was the thing that always brought pride and fulfillment to Eilerias, and he could see that not being able to do that was certainly difficult. He called for his own guards as Eilerias dispatched her acolytes to heal the fighters, sending forth several men to protect them from any misconduct, though he doubted anything could happen, given the condition of the man left half dead at the ring.

Isak turned to look at her again as she questioned him about his information on Khalid. "Call it a business intuition. It's how I survived in this city for so long." He replied with a brief smirk, before Eilerias continued her questioning. And she was right, Isak had promised to release that poor man, but he was also in need of information. It mattered little now, as someone helped free him, and Khalid was long gone.

This time, it was Isak who raised his eyebrow in confusion. A ring? Why did Ryna have a ring inside her? And here he thought that night couldn't get any more surprising. As he continued to listen to her explanation, Isak couldn't help but chuckle slightly at Eilerias' words. "I don't think I have any metal on my bones, Eile. That would probably hurt a great deal." The concept was interesting, and although Isak was no expert on medicine or had any knowledge on such subjects, he didn't believe such things could even be possible, unless it would be used for torture.

They both looked towards the ring as Charity's name was announced as the latest combatant, with Perrault awaiting her to begin the fight. Isak could see that Eilerias was greatly displeased that Charity had gone ahead with the idea of fighting, especially since Isak had been insane enough for that as well, and even got badly hurt in the process. Even before he could say anything in his master thief's defense, Eilerias grabbed him and pulled him along with her as they headed for the stands where the crowds anticipated yet another round of entertainment.

This stand was a bit more comfortable and quiet than the others, being solely used by the most important bettors of the night, and seeing how there were so few of them there, Isak and Eilerias could have a little more space from the rest of the crowd. They took their seat alongside each other and watched from the tall vantage point as Charity walked towards the ring, and even Isak looked a bit more excited to watch that fight now. Isak grabbed hold of Eilerias' hand, gently playing with her fingers in a attempt to calm her.

"Don't worry, love. I pity Charity's opponent, actually. Most of them aren't lucky to remain breathing after she's done with them."

He spoke confidently, well aware of the powers that Charity possessed. Even if they were mostly clashing heads due to their differences in opinion over matters of the Cherry Rose, Isak had always admired Charity's adaptability in a fight, and also how clever she was. He was certain that she would come out on top of that battle.

"I can hear you, Urchin,"

"Ah, thank the Gods," Urchin said a heavy sigh of relief. "'Ow ya feelin', mate? Ya lookin' pretty rough right now." Pretty rough was an understatement. Particularly when a large blob of blood came flying out of his nose. "Ew," Urchin cringed. "That dun look good. Maybe ya should lie down for awhile. One of Eile's girls will see to ya. They'll fix up good an' proper, trust me. Managed ta get myself stabbed once, an' one of Eile's girls just waved 'er 'ands over me an' I were good as new! ... Mostly." Luckily Diedrick seemed well enough to stand and give the boy a hug, which Urchin returned happily. He was just glad that his friend was going to be okay. The other guy... Well, that was for Eilerias's apprentices to see to.

"That said, I'll need a favor from you, so listen carefully."

"Sure thing, big guy. Whatever ya need!" Urchin said enthusiastically, always happy to help, He hated just standing around and doing nothing when his friends needed help, which often ended up being the case, considering he wasn't exactly an expert when it came to healing.

"I am currently suffering a non-insignificant degree of brain damage, and the chances are that a capillary in my brain has burst."

"Oh fuck," Urchin mumbled nervously. "That dun sound good." Which worried Urchin even more when Diedrick mentioned that if he were a normal guy, he would probably be dead. No pressure then. I mean, Diedrick might die if Urchin fucked up, but no pressure.

"I'll have you bring me some water, towels, and a bar of soap if you can get your hands on it."

"Yeah, sure, right away," Urchin told Diedrick, sitting him down on an empty ale keg before rushing off to gather all of the items that Diedrick needed. Wasting a good ten or fifteen minutes searching for a bar of soap that was nowhere to be found. (The drawbacks of hosting an event in an abandoned warehouse. Nobody thinks to bring soap.) Regardless, he returned with the water and towels and passed them to Diedrick, not really sure what he was supposed to do with them. "Yer gonna be okay, right?" the lad asked desperately. "I mean, yer a tough guy. Ya can 'andle anythin'. Few knocks to the face ain't gonna keep ya down, right?" He really wished that one of Eilerias's disciples were here, but they seemed busy with the far more desperate case of Alain right now. That guy was lucky to be alive.

Of course though, as seemed to be the theme tonight, Urchin had more than just the one friend to worry about.

"Charity Briarthorne!" Perrault yelled out.

"Wait, what?" Urchin asked, eyes going wide in panic. That fight was now? Shit, he hadn't had time to rearrange the line up. Who was she fighting against?

"Yes, you probably recognise this lovely young lady from our very own Alliria! The girl with the face of an angel and the temper of a demon! But let's see how that temper fares against... Angus McCarthy A dwarven berserker from the deepest pits of the Belgrath mountains!" Perrault declared loudly, causing a red haired, red bearded dwarf to finish downing his latest pint of ale and climb upon the makeshift bar, letting out a loud, enthusiastic cheer, which the crowd were pleases to echo. Still with the froth of the ale dripping from his mouth, McCarthy jumped down from the bar into the crowd, egging on the cheers with his loud battle roars and ripping off his shirt to expose his incredibly muscles, heavily scarred and extremely hairy chest.

Gradually making his way through the crowd, the dwarf finally climbed into the ring and let out a loud, patronising laugh as his eyes fell on his opponent. "Awh, keek at the bonnie wee lassie!" the dwarf mocked Charity with a hearty roar of laughter. "Are ye lost, wee lamb? Lost your mither n' faither? Poor wee beastie. You'd best run on home noo, lass. Isnae safe for wee girls oot here. Ye shouldnae be oot playing at nicht in a steid li' this. Wee thing like ye micht git yesel' hurt." Whether or not Charity could understand a word the dwarf was saying, they didn't get much time to chat. Perrault lowered his hand, signalling for the fight to begin.

"Och, c'moan lassie. Dinnae be afeart of auld Angus. A'll even gie ye a free skelp, howfur does that soond?" he offered, beckoning Charity over to offer her the first blow. "C'moan, mah bonnie. Let's see whit thy wee hands o' yers kin dae."

Charity ignored the cheering crowd as she entered the ring and removed her jacket. Scanning the crowd, her eyes fell upon Eilerias and Isak. She gave them a small wave before noticing the glare coming from Eilerias. Uh-oh... Well Charity hadn't said anything about not fighting...

She hurriedly turned her attention away from Eilerias and towards the bar. A large grin spread across her face, and Charity waved excitedly as she picked out Honey's face from the mass of drunkards seated around the bar. She felt some worry as she tried to find Urchin, but couldn't locate him.

"Yes, you probably recognise this lovely young lady from our very own Alliria! The girl with the face of an angel and the temper of a demon! But let's see how that temper fares against... Angus McCarthy A dwarven berserker from the deepest pits of the Belgrath mountains!"
A red haired dwarf climbed onto the bar with a loud shout. He jumped down into the crowd and pushed his way to the ring, releasing roar after roar and even ripping his shirt off. The crowd was eating it up, but Charity just rolled her eyes. "Fuckin' show off..." she grumbled.

Charity stood passively on her side of the ring as the Angus climbed onto his side and laughed at the sight of his opponent. He spoke but she couldn't understand a word of it. He seemed to be mocking her... Charity's expression remained passive, but she was growing more annoyed by the second. "The fuck are you on about, dwarf? Can't understand a damn thing coming out of your mouth." Charity crossed her arms and stared at Angus. He spoke more unintelligible words before Perrault signaled to start the fight.

She looked at Angus in slight confusion as he made a beckoning motion. What the hell?! What did he want? Was Angus offering her the first hit? Was he that confident in his fighting prowess? Or did he think that she was going to be a pushover because she was a woman? In the end, his reason for doing it didn't matter. Charity wasn't going to pass up a free hit.

Charity took a deep breath and slowly released it before launching her attack. In the blink of an eye she had crossed the ring, kicked Angus' legs out from under him, and sent him crashing to the floor with a strong downward elbow to the chest.

Sliding her hands into her pockets, Charity watched as Angus groaned and pulled himself up off the floor. "Are all dwarves this stupid? Even a child knows not to give your opponent a free hit." Charity spat. "I thought dwarves were supposed to be strong. You don't want the good people to see you getting your ass kicked by a weak, fragile woman, do you?" she taunted.

Last edited:
"Ah, thank the Gods," Urchin said a heavy sigh of relief. "'Ow ya feelin', mate? Ya lookin' pretty rough right now." Pretty rough was an understatement. Particularly when a large blob of blood came flying out of his nose. "Ew," Urchin cringed. "That dun look good. Maybe ya should lie down for awhile. One of Eile's girls will see to ya. They'll fix up good an' proper, trust me. Managed ta get myself stabbed once, an' one of Eile's girls just waved 'er 'ands over me an' I were good as new! ... Mostly." Luckily Diedrick seemed well enough to stand and give the boy a hug, which Urchin returned happily. He was just glad that his friend was going to be okay. The other guy... Well, that was for Eilerias's apprentices to see to.

"Sure thing, big guy. Whatever ya need!" Urchin said enthusiastically, always happy to help, He hated just standing around and doing nothing when his friends needed help, which often ended up being the case, considering he wasn't exactly an expert when it came to healing.

"Oh fuck," Urchin mumbled nervously. "That dun sound good." Which worried Urchin even more when Diedrick mentioned that if he were a normal guy, he would probably be dead. No pressure then. I mean, Diedrick might die if Urchin fucked up, but no pressure.

"Yeah, sure, right away," Urchin told Diedrick, sitting him down on an empty ale keg before rushing off to gather all of the items that Diedrick needed. Wasting a good ten or fifteen minutes searching for a bar of soap that was nowhere to be found. (The drawbacks of hosting an event in an abandoned warehouse. Nobody thinks to bring soap.) Regardless, he returned with the water and towels and passed them to Diedrick, not really sure what he was supposed to do with them. "Yer gonna be okay, right?" the lad asked desperately. "I mean, yer a tough guy. Ya can 'andle anythin'. Few knocks to the face ain't gonna keep ya down, right?" He really wished that one of Eilerias's disciples were here, but they seemed busy with the far more desperate case of Alain right now. That guy was lucky to be alive.

Of course though, as seemed to be the theme tonight, Urchin had more than just the one friend to worry about.
"I'll live. It is within my ability to survive severe injuries." Diedrick tapped himself on the chest. Judging by their size, one could use his pectoral muscles as a bongo if they saw it fit. "Nothing short of a crushed skull or severed spine can truly inconvenience me. And now. that we are mentioning inconveniences, do keep your eye on Alain when he wakes up."

Diedrick seized the towel diligently, using its moist, raggy surface to draw wide circles across his broad frame, removing blood, gunk, and sweat as he went. He then blew his nose into it, experiencing instantaneous relief as clumps of dried blood burst forward from his upper sinus.

"He's a serial rapist, serial killer, and a mass murderer to top it off. He preys on women primarily, vulnerable ones. There's no telling what he may or may not do if left unsupervised." Looking at the healers that surrounded Alain, Diedrick noted Alain's body to be jolting. And just like that, the duelist shot up, liberating his upper body from its previously restrained position. Alain postured up, wobbling like a drunkard as his shaky hands grabbed the nearest wooden beam, hoping to find support.

"Uh oh," Diedrick winced at the sight, displeased with how swiftly his opponent recovered despite the inquired damage and the paramount medical care required to deal with such injuries.

"Where was I..." Diedrick trailed off, still staring at Alain while concurrently addressing Urchin, pelting the boy with pressing concerns. "Ah, yes, Alain and his less-than-sightly mannerism."

"There's plenty of girls here, meaning that he has a fair share of opportunities to snag one and do unholy things to her."
Diedrick traced his tongue against the outlines of his rapidly drying lips, the upper of which was currently busted but not actively bleeding. "I feel no real attachment to these strangers, but murders carry a whole lot of baggage with them, and that's without taking into consideration that Alain is something of a noble."

Diedrick shook his head, checking for signs of concussion, but none came up as he felt neither compelled to vomit nor experienced sufficient dizziness. With consideration in mind, he breathed a sigh of relief, anticipating that the entirety of his body would heal within half an hour tops.

"If Alain kills/mutilates any number of people, and the local authorities find out, it isn't him who'll bear the blame but one of us, possibly you or your boss."

"It's one thing to host an underground fighting club and another to kill citizens. The former is easily overlooked. The latter? Not so much. Not with the degree of destruction that a sadomasochistic loon like Alain can produce."

Samara sighed quietly. "Poor timing to 'chuck up' unused healing powder it would seem." Though it would also seem no one had any idea as to what if any role the ring played, nor how Alima had been so injured. Curious. Well there seemed little point trying to interrogate the woman into saying more than she already had. Her focus was entirely on the urchin running about outside.

"Very well. I will go find Urchin. My name is Samara, by the way." The Dark Elf's blue eyes lingered on the woman for a moment. Then she turned and strode toward the door. "And please don't try to leave. Our resident healer doesn't have it in her to do this again." Samara turned to look back at Alima with a small smile. After all, they didn't know what had happened in the first place. To invite it happening again... Even if the idea of someone magically injecting a woman with a ring did sound preposterous, let alone twice.

After Samara slipped out into the crowd with the cheers of another fight being announced, the caramel skinned woman slipped through the enthusiasts present. After a minute or two she found the young man loitering in Diedrick's shadow; a man that seemed a glutton for punishment. "Urchin." Samara stopped before them and fixed the youth with her eyes. "Your friend is quite adamant about finishing her conversation with you. She may be in one piece again, but I do not want to see her anywhere near this ring." Not that Alima indicated an interest in fighting. The point stood. No undo physical exertion. "And make sure she keeps drinking plenty of water."

Her attention turned to Diedrick next assuming Urchin darted off or didn't say anything scandalous. "I see you had fun." The vampire snorted before she gave the man a smile of his own. "Not recovering too quickly, I hope." Just because she hadn't been there when the man boasted about walking his injuries off didn't mean Samara couldn't tell Diedrick was doing exceptionally well given the mess in his towel. He'd been the one to call her out as a vampire earlier; seemed only fair to gently prod him in turn for enduring such a beating. Wouldn't want anyone to grow suspicious and claim they were cheating.

They weren't, technically. They said no magic. Being a vampire or some other form of creature that naturally healed faster wasn't magical. Samara didn't plan on claiming the champion role tonight, however. Though if any of the other contestants needed to be put in their place first, she'd be happy to do so.

"The fuck are you on about, dwarf? Can't understand a damn thing coming out of your mouth."

"Glaikit lass!" the dwarf scolded Charity. "Cannae ye ken the common tongue whin ye hark it? Aught wrong wi' your lugs or something?" Honestly, what was wrong with the silly child? Poor girl must be simple or something. Well, she'd have to be to willingly get in the ring with the famous Angus McCarthy. He'd have to go easy on her. Nothing to be proud of in breaking the jaw of a slow-witted wee lassie, was there? Perhaps she'd eventually get bored and wonder out of the ring to look for shiny things.

Sadly though, the dwarf's kind heart ended up biting him in the ass when Charity raced across the ring with lighting speed, knocking his legs out from under him and sending the man crashing down on his back. Damn, that was going to hurt tomorrow! "Och, so the braw wee lass has some rammy in her?" Angus said with a smile as he picked himself back up and adopted a defensive pose. "Mah ill, missie. I'm afeart I baillied ye wrong. Ah willnae be making tha' mishanter again." It seemed that the dwarf had a new found respect for the girl and would be taking their match seriously from now on.

Once he was upright, he charged at Charity with his knees apart and arms lowered in a clear attempt to tackle her out of the ring. The dwarf clearly had the advantage when it came to physical strength and weight. The only question was whether or not he could actually catch her.

Urchin had time to jump and cheer when Charity landed her first hit, but that was more or less it before his attention was taken back to Diedrick and Samara.

"Urchin." Samara stopped before them and fixed the youth with her eyes. "Your friend is quite adamant about finishing her conversation with you. She may be in one piece again, but I do not want to see her anywhere near this ring."

"You're right. Nope. Nope, nope, nope," Urchin quickly agreed as he scribbled Ryna's name out of his little note book. No way was she fighting after whatever the fuck had happened to her. Poor girl would probably be dead by now if Eilerias and Samara hadn't have stepped in. "Girl needs ta take it easy. I got no idea why shit like this seems to 'appen to 'er. Must've pissed off one of the Gods summin' awful, 'cos seems like every time I meet 'er, she ends up nearly dead."

"He's a serial rapist, serial killer, and a mass murderer to top it off. He preys on women primarily, vulnerable ones. There's no telling what he may or may not do if left unsupervised."

"Wait, WHAT?" Urchin asked, his eyes going wide in horror. Damn, and he had felt sorry for the state that Diedrick had left the guy in. Now he wished that he'd just finished the bastard off while he had the chance. "The fuck didn't ya tell me that before?" turning around, he scanned the room for Alain and, as he expected, saw that pretty little Lidia was attending to him. "Lidia!" Urchin called out to the girl as he pushed past the crowd to get to them. "Lidia, you get away from 'im!" he ordered the girl as he stood between the pair, pushing his arm out in front of the girl to separate them. "I dun care if 'e fuckin' dies! Dun ya go anywhere near 'im! He's a bad guy, Lidia! Rotten to the core!" Sadly though, it looked like the healer's work was already done, and Alain picked himself back up. "Keep far away from 'im," Urchin whispered to the girl, starting to pull her away. "An' warn Mr Isak. This guy's trouble. Should probably throw 'im out before 'e 'urts someone." Of course, Urchin would happily have thrown him out himself, but... ... ... Well... Watching the scrawny little Urchin try to throw this giant of a man out of the warehouse would've been an entertaining spectacle to say the least.