Letters To Tzuriel Alanthis

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Kristen Pirian

Pride and Steel
Character Biography
Link
A missive, perhaps unexpected, delivered by courier. The writing was of a practiced calligraphy:

Dear Tzuriel Alanthis,

It is your name which is oft spoken here in Alliria. Please forgive what ignorance may come of my youth and my foreign born nature, and furthermore the imprecision that often comes from second-hand knowledge. It is my understanding that you are the Merchant King of Alliria. A title most illustrious, and yet I entreat you not for goods, but for information concerning
a grave matter which, should my fortunes be charitable, you may possess.

If you have but a small window of time available in these coming few days, I should like to meet with you if you will receive me. Upon your response I hinge my hopes, yet even if my timing is woeful and you have not the opportunity to accept my request, still, on behalf of all House Pirian of Vel Anir, I wish you well in your own endeavors.

Sincerely yours,

Lady Kristen Lucretia Pirian

Tzuriel Alanthis

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tzuriel Alanthis
"Master Tzuriel Alanthis, of Alanthis Trade and Company, has asked me to relay his deepest apologies for the late response to your missive, milady."
The messenger bowed as he proffered the wax sealed letter bearing the emblem of the Alanthis Trade company.

It was written in a slightly hasty hand, but with a trained grace and practical merchant scrawl:

Dear Lady Kristen Lucretia Pirian.

Your message has found me in high spirits and my interest is piqued.
While my name may not be as well known in Vel Anir due to the vast distance separating our countries, I am very familiar with the name of Pirian! I've dealt with your house several times on my visits to your homeland, and I am honored that you would seek me out as a member of that prestigious family.

As it so happens, there will be a concert this week that I will be attending. A classic Allirian piece performed by the musical talents of Kalyn Ackson of Mardania!
I will be there for the evening performance on Feiringsday.

It would be an honor if you would accompany me on this auspicious occasion.
And I assure you that I am more than happy to help with whatever information I am able to give you.

Awaiting either your reply or your company,

Tzuriel Alanthis.

proxy.php

• Yay
Reactions: Kristen Pirian
The same messenger returned with a reply. An effort was made to make the writing as elegant as could be, but it was clear that it was written without a proper surface to bear down on:

Dear Tzuriel Alanthis,

Were that the times more amenable to your offer! I greatly enjoy musical performances as a whole, and I would have loved to sample the classics of Allirian culture. Further still would I have found sublime pleasure in visiting the Kingdom of Mardania, so great in standing and stature is it that even far west has word of its grandeur reached my ears.

Alas, I write this letter in haste, for I am at the very moment of its writing upon horseback at the gates of Alliria, preparing to venture east to a place known as Castle Sovereignty—this in the same pursuit for which I have sought your attention.

I feel that I must apologize! Compelled as I was under the pressure of limited time, I sent out a number of requests for aid (thank you, Tzuriel, for being one of the few who even responded!). The grim business which I pursue is not my primary duty as a Dreadlord Initiate, and it is only by dint of a small allowance that I am even able make such a pursuit. I regret any inconvenience or displeasure that I may have caused you.

Mayhap, when next I find myself upon Allirian soil and, I pray, with the leeway of greater leisure, I could in some small manner make amends?

Sincerely yours,

Lady Kristen Lucretia Pirian

Tzuriel Alanthis

• Bless
Reactions: Tzuriel Alanthis