Private Tales To Start an Adventure

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Vel Ehn

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

The Bold
Character Biography
Link
VEL S'AGARA

(Home of Caer Tal'deneshaar, main keep of the Wardens)

Screenshot_20220628-130000_Discord.jpg
Kavaros would make his way through the halls of Caer Tal'deneshaar, a modest fortress built by Dwarves in the rolling hills of Vel Ehn. Home of House Tal'deneshaar, home of the Wardens. Portraits lined the walls of the key members of the House, whether they were of Stryfes blood, or not.

Valdr and his bride had landed in Ragnarra, far to the North and soon they would be arriving in S'agara. Orders had come ahead in the form of Brynhildr, one of his fellow Wardens.

They were to prepare a room for Valdr's betrothed, Queen Esmeralda of Route, some land far to the east, the trip would be brief, new orders given, and family members would be dispersed in accordance to his new will.

Hardened leather boots would come to a stop before a room, Ulva's room. She had been raised within the household and treated as if she were one of them, so in many of their eyes, she was just another of their sisters. She was also the favorite of Amira, the Matriarch of Tal'deneshaar family who was always hard to gain an audience with.

He would reach forward and knock on the door. "Ulva?"

Ulva

Amira had told her long ago when she was just a child that she was not of their blood but that it mattered not, she would always have a place with them and they were in fact, her family. Though, with them being of nobility, blood did mean a great deal in matters of politics. Because of which, there were certain things she could and could not do and learn. However, she was still allowed to learn a great deal more than most in her situation.

Ulva had always been grateful for her family, never taking anything or any moment for granted. Had taken full advantage of what had been allowed for her to learn and train with, due to that she held a wide variety of skills going from basic everyday servant work, to weaponry. In hopes to prepare her for life on her own one day.

The sound of boots hitting the hall prior to stopping at her door had grabbed her attention. With the knock and Kavaros’s voice following, blue eyes would focus on the door awaiting his entrance as she spoke “Please tell me this isn’t about another possibly suitor the family has in mind?” She laughed jokingly “Come in!” Followed quickly after.

The blade she’d been polishing was placed upon her bed, the cloth tossed beside it as she stood up. Half of those fiery locks had been pinned up, the rest left framing her face and falling freely over her shoulders as she started to move away from her bed.

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

Please tell me this isn’t about another possible suitor the family has in mind? Come in!

Kavaros would enter, flashing his unofficial triplet a smile. "Well, close, but nothing to do with you. Valdr has a betrothal, apparently his trip east was rather effective." He laughed. "They made port in Ragnarra last night, could be here.. as early as tonight, if he decides to borrow some Gryphons. Or five or so days if they take horses and carriages. I need you to prepare a room for her."

His arms would cross as he awaited her response. He hated giving her a request to do that, but it would be one of her duties once she was placed somewhere.

Ulva

She matched her bothers smile as he came into view, footfalls stopping by one of the windows and casting a view out of it while Kav spoke. Brows rose as he mentioned Valdr and he’s now betrothed being in Ragnarra, which meant they’d be here soon after. With a slight bow and a nod of hear head, she spoke. “Of course, I’ll make sure it’s fit for a Queen” a wink followed. She'd had a feeling that was why he was visiting her today, after hearing the whispers throughout of Valdrs return. “Betrothed hmm? That was rather, quick?” Of course, she knew the politics behind it, also knew that some were betrothed before they even formed their first words.

Making her way back to her bed, fingers wrapped around the handle of the sword as she picked it and the cloth up. Plopping open a chest on the floor next to her bed with her foot, the sword and cloth would be discarded into it “Is there a certain part of the estate that they’ve requested?” For the most part, what rooms weren’t occupied were already in a state to be, just needed to be freshened and Ulva would make sure to put a few special touches on it for the woman.

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

Betrothed hmm? That was rather, quick?

"Well, he has been gone for a few months, so who's to say they haven't been seeing each other all that time." He offered a shrug, hells if he knew. He wasn't sure about the politics of marrying a Queen from a different continent, but he was just relieved to hear their oldest brother had finally dropped the facade and allowed himself to live.

"Bryn said they were quite taken with each other." Another shrug. "I imagine he'll be in his chamber, but likely the overlook for her. Close to him, but allows a view of the Roost and the garden from the balcony." Valdr's room was attached to the Roost, which allowed him unfettered access to the young gryphons of House Tal'deneshaar and all the rest of them.. were within a decent walking distance.

Ulva

Well, he has been gone for a few months

“That is true, guess it just hadn’t felt like he’d been gone that long.” Had it really been that long? Where had the time gone, she thought to herself. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely thrilled that he has finally decided to take that step, find some happiness with another.” She just hoped it was for all the right reasons, on both their parts.

Ulva had found herself to be rather, protective, of her family. As they had been of her from the moment they took her in. Each one of them deserved to be happy but not just for any political gain, in her opinion. However, she knew Valdr well enough to know that he wouldn’t have even thought to ask for the woman’s hand if there hadn’t been a spark between them.

“Good choice, I’m sure she’ll love the view” Said as she started towards her door, ready to get on with the task. “Have they decided on the food to be prepared for the celebration banquet? Do we know if she has a favorite flower?” There were many things Ulva was good at, once of which was planning and organizing for any and all events.

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

Another trademark Kavaros shrug. "I mean, it is, what it is." He added with a tone of indifference. "It was bound to happen at some point in time. Hopefully he just marries off Kai, gods know she's already ruined the match she started."

That would have been the talk of the Caer, Kailani had been seen being intimate with a member of House Banick at a party, while her partner Torvald was forced to stay with their horses in the stables. Torvald had found out, and not from her, and had set sail from Ragnarra with his ship. It had caused the first divide between the Jarl Rhogar and the House Tal'deneshaar.

Her 'triplet' had lost much of his old humor and joy within the last year. His arrogance had led to him betraying Valdr's orders and joining the Revolution in Vel Anir. The price was his gryphon, the hardest loss for any Warden to overcome. Even their fathers Gryphon, old as he may be, was alive and in the Roost, retired.

Good choice, I’m sure she’ll love the view.

"C'mon, it's me. Of course it's a good choice. Those are all I have." He replied with a grin. "Uhhh... some form of meat, I would wager and know, i don't know anything about her flower choices. Neither did Bryn when she brought the message."

Ulva

Kav and his shrugs caused her trademark eyeroll followed by a short chuckle. He seemed off today, though she didn’t blame him if he was. Nor would she blame him if he didn’t care much to be around the family right now. “I’m sure with time, everything will be okay and will play out just as it was meant to and things between us and Jarl Rhogar will smooth over.” One could only hope, that is.

She knew why Kav felt the way he did, why his spirit was not like it once was. When one loses their Gryphon, they loose a part of themselves and that he did.

“Good choices, you? Are you sure about that?” She jabbed at him. “Some form of meat?” She laughed as she started out of her room and into the halls. “Of course there would be some form of meat, as there always is. What else though?” She was already getting ideas in her head as she spoke to him. “Have you alerted the kitchen staff that they might be here today, they will want a lite meal upon their arrival, I’m sure.”

“As for the flowers, no worries, I’ll take care of it”
She’d gather them herself in the gardens once she was done with the room. The presence of fresh flowers didn’t just make a room more inviting but, depending on what type of flowers they were, helped with one's moods due to the natural oils and the fragrance that would fill the room. “And what is it you’ve been tasked to do Kav?”

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

Last edited:
"Not likely. And to make things worse, I hear the guy she cheated on him with was just arrested for some crime." He would bite back a laugh. "That will.. show her. For lack of a better set of words."

His Gryphon, Grimmtail, had paid the ultimate price. Struck down amidst the fighting in the capital. His arrows had rained from the heavens, killing many of the warriors that fought for the Old Ways. It would be a bolt of lightning from some unseen source, that pierced his companions chest and sent both hurtling towards the ground beneath them. Two hundred feet. Grimmtail had used their strength to ensure they hit first, in an attempt to save his life. It would work.. only for almost every bone in his own body to break. The recovery had been long, painful, his will and spirit shattered. And to make it all worse? Grimmtail was gone.

Her laughs pulled him from his reverie. "Yeah. Good meat. Make it happen." He replied with a grin as he stepped out behind her.

Of course there would be some form of meat, as there always is. What else though?

"A vegetable and some sort of drink would be nice, I'd wager. And.. no. That is a you-job. I need to go get Argestes saddled and sent to Tar'shan."

Ulva

Ulva paused in her movements with the mention of the man getting arrested, Kai didn’t seem the type to get involve with men of that sort unless there was a good reason behind it. “Perhaps this man didn’t do anything wrong, maybe it was all but a mistake. Time will tell, I’m sure. Kai will be fine too, of that I’m sure as well.”

Yea. Good meat. Make it happen.

Brow rose to this request as she tucked hair behind her ear and smirked. “Am I too go hunt down this meat, skin it and cook it myself as well?” She said, jokingly, thought she was more than capable of doing it.

That is a you-job

Of course, it was. Ulva never thought anything about the tasks that were given to her, was always happy to do them and saw that everything was done as perfectly as it could be. However, her mind wondered every now and again, would this be all she amounted to? Was this all she was meant for? Those thoughts would be pushed aside and buried as she continued on. “I’ll make sure it all gets, no worries. I’m sure everyone will be happy to see Valdr’s return and inquire about he’s new betrothed.” She paused another moment and looked back to Kav “How have you been lately?”

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

"Well, she did. He apparently orchestrated the abduction of two Nobles. The mans own House arrested him when they found proof. Besides, she is not known for her stellar decisions. She lives for herself and not the House." He remarked with some side eye. Oh Ulva, always giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Am I too go hunt down this meat, skin it and cook it myself as well?

"Oh yeah, with little more than a piece of string and a used sock." He replied with a smirk. "We do have meat stores, Ulva."

He watched the look on her face after he said 'you-job' something meant in jest. "Hey, so.. you might have the chance to go on an adventure.. apparently, his betrothed lady in waiting quit.. could be a chance for you to ask to go with her. See a whole other part of the world. As a lady-in-waiting.. you become more sought after by courters.."

I’ll make sure it all gets, no worries. I’m sure everyone will be happy to see Valdr’s return and inquire about he’s new betrothed. How have you been lately?

"I know youll get it done, it's why I came to you." He shrugged. "I'm here, aren't I?" He asked with a smirk.

The faces she was making while Kav told her more about what had happened with Kai, were no doubt, priceless. Surprise, shock, confusion, disbelief. This surely couldn’t be true? How could she have been so blind to the behaviors of her siblings? “Well… Lets hope there is a way to fix it all without bloodshed.” She thought the best of every one of her siblings and wanted the best for them.

“Oh don’t tempt me! You know I love a challenge.” She raised an eyebrow. “It was only in jest” of course she knew they had reserves and the need to hunt wasn’t necessary. “But it is much more fun to do it yourself” she added. Ulva was a pretty decent hunter and did enjoy it.

The word adventure caught her attention and she stopped, turning to him to fully take in the rest of what he had to say. That was one thing Ulva would never turn down, a chance to see the world. “Oh?! That would be.. Amazing. It would be.. different but something I could get used to pretty easily. “ she shook her head and laughed at his last comment. “Come now brother, I do not need a man if I have the world at my fingertips.” she joked.

Then her voice took on a serious tone, eyes fixed on him. “Kav, you know if anything is ever bothering you, you can come to me about it. Hell, even if you need to let off some steam, we can go outside and train, you know i”ll beat you anyway” She laughed “Seriously, I know when you’re not yourself and well, your not yourself.”

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

Kav shrugged. "Come now, sister. You know as well as I, that all things are sorted in Aniria with a fair amount of blood."

Oh don’t tempt me! You know I love a challenge.

"Yeah, it would be pretty fun to watch someone try to hunt with a sock. Maybe one of mine after a few days in the brush are deadly." He replied with a grin. "Oh it is much more fun." She had the skill to be anything, but Aniria wasn't the place, and her current role was perhaps the only way to ensure her her own decisions.

Oh?! That would be.. Amazing. It would be.. different but something I could get used to pretty easily.

"To be fair, i only said courters. I left the room for women to be included. Gasp, I know, scandalous." She seemed excited about the prospect, that was good. Perhaps she would be able to thrive their. Set down true roots, live her best possible life under a new set of laws and under a different rule. "I and a select few are going first to Route, then being sent south to some village named Astenvale. Part of a support pledge he offered to a band of Knights."

Then she had to go and get.. serious. He hated serious. "Yeah, I know. But I'm a Tal'deneshaar, we get buried with our grievances. We bear the burdens of those around us and are hardened by it."

Ulva Tal’deneshaar

Ulva rolled her eyes at his response. There were much more efficient ways to get a point across then with bloodshed but he was right, it never ended pretty. It never kept her from hoping things would go better then they usually did, especially for Kai..

She turned to him with the most disgusted look on her face and acted like she was going to puke. “No, not a chance. I would not come within 50 feet of those things let alone put one in my hand and hunt with it!” She followed that statement with laughter that filled the hall.

I left the room for women to be included.

Brow rose “Touche brother touche. Could you imagine such talk, I’m not sure our family would approve of such a thing.” She joked. Though, she’d never thought of a woman in that aspect but one could never say never. Love was such a fickle thing and something she didn’t know much of.

“So you’ll still be close by then?” If she was able to take that spot, this would be the first time she’d travel so far from home, let alone be away from it for so long.. It was exciting and yet frightening all in the same. It would be nice to know another family member would still be close by.

Ulva was the serious one, the one that did her best to keep everyone happy and well, together. “You allow yourself to get hardened by it, so don’t. Yes, I know.. I’m just the sister that stays home and makes sure things get done around the house, which means many think I have no idea what really goes on out there, which also means I shouldn’t be trying to give you advice..” She shook her head “I just want to see you happy.”

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

He would only smirk at her visceral reaction of his socks. They could be quite lethal after time in the bush. Hells, anyone's would.

Touche brother touche. Could you imagine such talk, I’m not sure our family would approve of such a thing.

A brow perked. "Really? You think so? I don't think Valdr would mind. Our House already pushes the bill by allowing other races. Pretty sure same-gendered romance wouldn't bother him any, hells, wouldn't bother me."

So you’ll still be close by then?

"Ish. I'll be about a week or two of riding away. But you would be in Route, with Valdr and his betrothed. And about two hundred of our people. So you would never be alone." He offered with a shrug.

"Our father expected this of us. There won't be a Tal'deneshaar buried by the weight of expectation, least of all, it won't be me that starts it." Kav offered with a thankful smile. "I should get going to finish these tasks. But, think on the adventure and when he returns, ask Valdr. I'm sure he wouldn't say no to you."

Ulva Tal’deneshaar

“Valdr? No, I don’t think he’d mind in the slightest as I’m sure there would be some that would be quite thrilled with the idea of it.” She joked “Either way, I’ve no time for such things as love or a lover” Though it felt like that was all she was destined to do. find a suitable husband, have children and be the epitome of a good wife and mother. It was something she wanted, in time but that time was not now. She wanted to travel, and wanted to find a more meaningful purpose to her life. “But I’m glad to hear that I’d have your approval” That signature smirk followed after.

Ulva knew her question regarding how close he’d be was, well, unnecessary. There would come a time where she’d be without much if not all her family and she’d manage fine. She’d just grown so used to being around them all that not being near them seemed strange. A nod was given to his response. “I know I’ll be fine” She gave him a smile before continuing to make her way down the hall leisurely.

“I’ll make sure to have a talk with him when he’s settled. Thank you Kav.” She’d taken up too much of his time with her small talk so she left it at that.

Ulva spent the next couple hours making sure Valdrs betrotheds room was immaculately clean, fresh linens on the bed, a couple of their softest blankets laid across it for her choosing or both if she so wished. New logs were placed in the fireplace, towels ready in the bathing room, and a few fresh bouquets of flowers she had cut from their garden specifically for her room.

Then it was to the kitchen where to plan out the dinner they’d have once they arrived. A few roasted chickens, a variety of vegetables roasted with the chickens giving the vegetables some added flavor, rye bread with herb butter and to finish the meal a strawberry tart. A light but filling meal. Happy with her decisions, she left the kitchen staff to get everything prepared. Seeing as her duty was done, Ulva took to the gardens again. Book in hand, she found a nice quiet place and settle in until she was needed again.

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar