Open Chronicles This City Is So Pedestrian

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Atrix

Thirsty for dat Magic
Character Biography
Link
It was quite the normal morning for most of the city of Alliria as she sun began its rise into the sky and began to poke through the massive buildings that dominated the skyline. The sounds of shouting, carriages, and metal on metal as the blacksmiths hammered away at their work permeated the air all around. However, for Atrix Uso, it was nothing but normal. Today was his journey was beginning, or well, the next journey on his already growing list of journeys. Since his exile from the Elbion College he had spent much time back in his hometown, scouring the libraries for any mention of magic, and practicing in his own personal ritual room that he had his father provision for him. It was, of course, meant for the help but they could be moved anywhere else. His work was far more important than where they slept. A comment his mother had told him was "A little too much."

Atrix adorned the usual lavish attire to show off his wealth and position in life, however, he threw a saddlebag over the back of his horse which contained much simpler clothing. While traveling, one did not want to attract the attention of bandits and thieves, but that did not mean he couldn't leave the city in style. He knotted the bag underneath his horses waist and gave it a nice pat. The black and white Allirian Thoroughbred was the best of the best when it came to four legged companions. Atrix had been around the animal since birth, and with the help of a little magic, he had created a bond between himself and the horse that was nigh unbreakable. Duran was completely loyal to Atrix and trusted him without hesitation.

However, not everyone on the journey trusted him without hesitation.

"Dressin like that ain't gonna do us no favors, boss," Hyat grumbled as he tossed his own saddlebag over his horse. "Yer beggin fer attention."

"Calm down, Hyat," Atrix said with the wave of his hand as he checked his magical item bag. He made sure he had plenty of Arcane Focus items as well as plenty of portal keys which he had created using chicken leg bones. "I must be presentable for anyone who decides to join us." He smiled and looked towards the gate. A few weeks earlier he had posted fliers all around Alliria asking for any and all who wished to join him on his expedition to Malakath. He offered gold, food, and even offered to supply anyone who wished to come with him. In theory, the more people in his group, the better chance he had at surviving.

"The cream of the crop ain't exactly gonna be too 'cited bout traveling to Malakath with sum rich boy with wild dreams."

Atrix rolled his eyes and stared over at the helmeted Hyat and held his eyes for a long time. Focusing, he felt the energy around him, though he was no master of Empathy Magic, he understood the basics of it. He could sense the fear and also felt a knowing sense of his own imposing death. Atrix raised his eyebrows, impressed at his ability to have such a certain understanding of his own death, and yet he trudged along simply because he was required to by Tetrix, Atrix's father.

"You are..... just so interesting. You know that, Hyat?"

"Nothing interestin bout me, an I'd appreciate it if ye kept yer weird musin to yerself, boss."

Atrix smiled and did as he was told. Though he was a bit dull, Hyat was interesting with that sword dangling off his hip. He was never much help around the Estate, however, he was large and father had paid to have him trained with a blade. Due to his dullness, he was forever loyal to the Uso family, and had proven himself to be one of the best security one could ask for. Plus, he was quite the imposing figure, and large men rarely were trifled with. It was not the rule, of course, but it was better to have him than not.

Satisfied with the outfitting of Duran, he reached into one of the saddlebags, and he pulled out a very old book that simply had a skull on the front of it. Ah, Necromancers, always so obvious with their artwork. It was the second volume of a four part set, and he only had the second one, the other three were nowhere to be found in Alliria. He only found this one from a shady character in the slums. He could most likely get the other three volumes if he still had access to the Elbion College, but he was sure these would be reserved for the upper echelon of that school. The thought made him chuckle to himself, he had accomplished more with magic in his few years there than some of the ones on pace to graduate, and yet they thought he was not worthy of the knowledge.

Though the book relied on principles from the first book, he still read it, he understood basics from his glancing while he was still enrolled at Elbion. However, he did not feel comfortable enough to practice it, even though this was his third reread of the book. He had hoped that if he read it while in different states of mind he could understand some of the concepts better. So far, however, that had proved unsuccessful.

"Boss." Atrix looked up from his book and Hyat was pointing towards the gate. Happily, he saw someone approaching, and he slammed his book closed and tucked it under his arm. He stood up and tried to look as welcoming as possible

• Thoughtful
  • Yay
Reactions: Tera Lynx and Nycto
Atrix

Nycto walked through the gate, walking towards the people he was meant to meet for this job. With each step, he seemed to bounce slightly, and he was humming an unknown tune. His silvery hair seemingly reflected the growing sunlight. His long, all black clothes covered every inch of his body, arms, legs, and even neck. Black gloves and boots sat on his hands and feet. A mask also sat on his face, completely obscuring his face and eyes from view. No skin showed on him, with the only identifiable feature his silver hair. He definitely was an odd sight.

Nycto had been in Alliria searching around. He had been both looking for new information about his past, and was looking for a job. Luckily, he found one of the two on a flier. So, he guessed that he was gonna take this offer, and head off to Malakath with some rich guy. Well it was better than just sitting around here...

He approached the two men with horses and gear. They seemed to be the right people, since they turned to him as he approached. One of them was dressed fancily. Oh yeah, he was definitely the rich guy alright. Nyct's clothes weren't dirty or cheap-looking or anything, but he definitely wasn't dressed as fancily as this guy.

Nyct approached them. "Greetings, gentlemen!" He told them once he approached them, stopping before them. "I was alerted of a job here? Well, I'm here to accept that job!" He said, before looking around. "Am... I am the first to arrive?" He asked.

Then, he turned back to the two. "Right, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Nycto! But you can just call me Nyct, for short. Though, I believe the urban legends call me 'The Friendly Shade'. But I assure you, I am no mere myth." He introduced himself. "Might I ask who you are?"

• Bless
Reactions: Atrix
Nycto

"Him there is a odd one, boss."

Atrix was inclined to agree but the feelings he experienced were vastly different than his humble companion. Where Hyat was most certainly off put by the silver haired, completely covered in black, mask wearing man..... Atrix was filled with fascination. His entire demeanor screamed of his unique life and Atrix was an avid collector of the interesting and strange. The voice of his mother peeped up, faintly, but he could still hear what she would say if he offered these thoughts allowed. "People are not your property, Atrix."

While that was true, he still could not help himself, he had to get to know this man. "Greetings to you as well," Atrix said with a smile as he quickly shoved the Necromancy book back into his horses saddlebag. "Yes, yes, of course the job. You are most definitely in the right place....." Atrix trailed off as he began to circle around the boy and inspect him. Why was he wearing so much? Not even a slip of his body was exposed, except for his hair, and his hair... So Silver.... so unnatural. He fought his instinct to reach out and touch it.

"Firs' an most likely las ter arrive I'd say." Hyat said to the boy. Atrix shot him a glance but quickly returned his interest.

The legends? Atrix paused and slowly moved back over to the front of the boy, satisfied he would glean no further information from his intense and psychopathic level inspections. "The urban legends?" Atrix inquired, making no mention of his own name or acknowledged Nyct's. Eyes lighting up he needed to know more. "Why would they refer to you as a shade, and why are you so formal with this information? Are you a shade? Dear me, this day could not have grown any more interesting."

He could feel it, he was doing that feral trick he loved to pull, where all of his energy was now dedicated to knowing everything he could about the person in front of him. His eyes were twisted into an almost sadistic look of curiosity, one that appeared it could only be satiated by getting exactly what he wanted, but he knew if he continued he would get nowhere. He had to hide that portion of his personality, for as long as he could, at least. Standing up straight and clearing his throat he tried his best to return to normal. "I do apologize, Nyct, I am merely an inquisitive mind. I tend to overdo things. My name is Atrix of the Uso family. My simple minded friend here is Hyat, he will be providing his expertise with that savage weapon that hangs from his hip on our journey." He offered a smile before he tried to move on.

"I notice you do not have a horse, no matter, we prepared for this," He motioned to the stables behind him and offered for Nycto to follow. "You may have your pick of any in the stable, they are all fine horses, hand picked for this journey specifically. Now, your fee will of course be altered should you decide to keep the horse after the journey, or if any harm should come to the animal. All lodgings and food shall be covered and I will pay you half your fee before the journey and half after we return safely to the estate." Atrix spoke as they walked and he pressed open the doors to the stable. Inside were a multitude of various horses to choose from and Atrix stood to the side to allow him to choose whichever one he was most interested in.

"How does one find themselves with such a.... unique.... hair color?" Atrix casually offered the question while Nycto was perusing through the stable.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tera Lynx
Tera was feeling pretty good about herself. She'd had quite a bit of business in Alliria, serving nobles and commoners with their health problems.
As a doctor her skills came in high demand, but she'd been working her for a few months and people were about as healthy as she could make them for the time being. She figured it was time to move on. It must have been providence when she came upon the advertisement promising coin to travel with a noble. What sort of traveling group would be without a skilled doctor on hand? Especially traveling to a newly discovered island continent!

Tera made her was to the designated place at the designated time. She arrived through the gates and approached the large man holding two horses in front of a stable.
Tera was dressed in her traveling garb, light colored clothing with a blue cloak around her shoulders. Her satchel slung over her shoulder, her glasses pushed up on her nose, her brown hair tied back, and a presentable smile on her face she strode up to the big soldier.
"Hello, I'm Doctor Tera Lynx. Is this where the young lord is staging his excursion to Malakath?"

The horse kicked up a fuss as Michelee tried to lead it behind her. There was something about horses that did not like her, more than likely the predator in her could be sensed by the beast. There was nothing she could do about that except try to reassure the mare as often as she could with a gentle voice and treats of sugar cubes she kept in her satchel for bribery.

It had been a while since Michelee had left her tribe, but that did not stop her from looking behind her on a regular basis to make sure she was not followed. She, like all healers of the past in her tribe, had been protected and cherished. She had never asked for that though, wanting the freedom that others in her tribe had. She had never been mated, had friends, nor had she felt at ease with her own family. She was never touched, and it was forbidden to do so. Part of that had to do with her gift, and to protect her from accidental pain. Part of it was the way that the tribe looked at her with reverence, as if she were to be worshipped. It had never sat well with her.

She had run away. She was never going back. She tugged the dark brown elbow gloves higher on her arms, her hooded grey cloak was thin, but still hotter than she would like it to be. The area here was warm, and she was not used to having to wear so much in the heat. Her body temperature kept her warm even in the chilliest of weather, so she was not comfortable to say the least, but she needed the covering to keep her skin from being touched. She pulled her hood back, showing her shiny dark brown hair, and her arresting blue eyes. She could be called pretty, though no one looked at her like that in her tribe. She wondered what people thought of her when they saw her. Did they see a plain woman, clothed too much in warm weather? Did they see her staff and think it was a walking stick? Did they see the travelling satchel she held tight to her chest and wonder what she was protecting in there? Here in the world of mixed races and new traditions she hoped to be noticed for more than just her gift, but she was realistic enough to know that she had no other talents to offer as a means to procure coin for her survival. She would have to use her healing abilities, and her fighting skills to make her way in this new bold world.

Because of her circumstance and upbringing, she had no cause to be a social creature. She tried to make casual conversation with others since she had left and realized she was making an impression… just not a good one. Her timid, but blunt questions, lack of knowledge of normal activities in the world, and general differentness had put people off. Then there was the crouching darkness inside that sometimes peeked out to see what was going on… her tigress.

The tigress was rarely allowed to see the light of day, due to the lack of control the female had over her. When she did escape, she murdered without prejudice, picking young or old, thin or thick, good or evil for consumption. She was starved for freedom, and therefore she was filled with rage at being trapped in this small female body for the majority of her existence. The only thing that kept her from lashing out and staying out was the herb, her one true weakness. The female kept it in abundance on her person. It was the only thing keeping the feral creature from killing everyone in its vicinity, with its claws strong enough to cut through metal and colossal strength. Dark thoughts of blood, gore, screaming, and mayhem flitted through the tigress’ mind as she watched the crowd through the female’s eyes.

Michelee suddenly shivered as if a fog of darkness had left its mark upon her skin. She rubbed her arms as if to rub away the stain of it. The sun let itself be felt again as she looked around the crowd to find the party, she had heard from word of mouth would be travelling out of town. She needed to get as far as she could away from her tribe, for she new her tribesmen were looking for her, always. The only thing she could do was to keep moving.

She stopped and asked for guidance as she tugged along her reluctant mare by the bridle. Many fingers pointed in the same general direction and she followed the points and stares to a small group situated at the edge of town. A fancily dress male was seen at the center of the group, looking to be in charge and the center of attention. He also looked to be the one with the money that would be paying for the expedition. Close to him stood a large man wearing a helmet and sword at his side. He stuck to the fancy man like a shadow, which led Michelee to believe this was his guard or servant. The other two stood a distance away. One was covered more than she was if that were possible. Silver hair was the only natural part that she could see from the individual. The female had just opened her mouth to speak when Michelee got close enough to hear her say, "Hello, I'm Doctor Tera Lynx. Is this where the young lord is staging his excursion to Malakath?"

A female doctor. Michelee almost turned around and walked away when she heard that. What help could she be to the fancy man if she were not the only healer in the group? She still had her skill with the staff, which she had become very proficient with. Females were warriors as well as males in her tribe, so she had been encouraged to train. There had been some snickering behind hands at the Healer wanting to train, but she had not been stopped from learning how to fight with a staff. She was already upon the group, had spent all morning trying to find them, and needed the money and travelling companions. So, with a heavy heart she stepped forward anyway, tugging the mare with her.

“Hello, I hear you may need travelling companions. I do as well. I could offer my services as a healer, though I see you already have one in your group. I also have fighting skills.” An awkward moment went by, and she blurted out, “And I don’t eat much.” She hoped the fact that she would not cost much to tag along would tip the scales on her joining the group.

• Bless
Reactions: Atrix
Atrix Tera Lynx Willowisp

Nycto stood facing forward as the man circled around him, examining him, studying him. Well, at least the man had confirmed that he was in the right place before he started studying Nycto. This was going to be a weird one... He could tell that the man was just aching to study and unravel who and what Nycto was. Nyct couldn't really blame him, but still, it was sort of off-putting.

"Firs' an most likely las ter arrive I'd say."

Nycto chuckled. "Oh, I doubt that. Money is a very powerful motivator." He said.

Then, the lord walked in front of Nycto, stopping, looking at him, still seemingly deeply interested in Nycto.

"Why would they refer to you as a shade, and why are you so formal with this information? Are you a shade? Dear me, this day could not have grown any more interesting."

Nycto shrugged. "I don't know, some people probably just get that feeling, or they're completely making it up. As for why I'm so formal with this information, come on, do you really believe information from rumors and myths? We can't make any assumptions based off of a rumor, now can we?" Nycto asked the man.

Nycto looked into man's eyes. In them, he saw a deep, hungry glint for something, almost sadistic. Then, the man pushed it back down, and tried hiding whatever that was. But Nyct had seen it. Nycto knew when someone was not only lying to others, but to themselves as well. Being a shadowkin, Nycto was not only well-versed in verbal lies, he could also detect more physical lies from a person's attitude and body language. And Nycto could practically smell it from this man.

This man was a psychopath.

Whatever, Nycto had met plenty of those. They were always fun to be around. They were just so... interesting. Their entire thought process was different from "normal" people, and for that, Nyct had always been drawn to them.

Finally, the man introduced himself, apologizing for having an inquisitive mind, and tending to overdo things. That was an understatement... The man introduced himself as Atrix, and introduced his partner as Hyat. Nycto nodded to both of them. "Nice to meet you both." Then, he looked at Hyat's weapon when Atrix mentioned it. "That puny thing? That thing wouldn't even be good for killing a rat, no less what we'll encounter." Nycto joked. "But, where we're going, ever little thing helps."

Then, Atrix said that he noticed that Nycto didn't have a horse, and that he had come prepared for that. He waved for Nycto to follow, and Nyct obliged, walking after him into the stable.

"You may have your pick of any in the stable, they are all fine horses, hand picked for this journey specifically. Now, your fee will of course be altered should you decide to keep the horse after the journey, or if any harm should come to the animal. All lodgings and food shall be covered and I will pay you half your fee before the journey and half after we return safely to the estate."

Nycto nodded. He didn't exactly need a horse, but he may get one since the man was being quite nice. At the mention of food, Nycto waved him off. "Don't worry about food, I don't need to eat food to survive. As for lodging, I don't need it, per say, but it is definitely appreciated, and can make things easier for me."

Nycto walked down the stable, looking through the horses. As he looked, Atrix asked him about his hair. Nyct chuckled. "You can't get it through any normal means, if that helps." He replied.

Looking through the stables, he found an all-black horse. This one would do. "I'll take this one." Nyct told Atrix.

Having selected the horse, Nycto walked back out of the stable. Then, he saw two females approach. One dressed in light colored clothing with a blue cloak, glasses, and neat, tied back, brown hair. She approached and introduced herself as a Doctor, asking if this was the party that was headed to Malakath.

The other woman, dressed in a hooded cloak, with long gloves. She was almost wearing as much clothing as Nycto was wearing. Strange. Wearing that much clothing, in this weather? Wasn't she hot? She pulled back her cloak, showing her brown hair and blue eyes. She seemed... nervous about the whole thing. But about what she was nervous, Nycto had no clue.

The second woman seemed apprehensive, especially after the other woman said that she was a doctor. Why had she been put off by this woman saying that she was a doctor. Why had she been so put off by that? And why did she seem so nervous? Nycto noticed the woman looking at him, and gave her a small wave.

Then, the woman finally spoke up.

“Hello, I hear you may need travelling companions. I do as well. I could offer my services as a healer, though I see you already have one in your group. I also have fighting skills, and I don’t eat much.”

Ah, that explained it. She had been apprehensive because the other woman had been a doctor. She said it kind of awkwardly, but she got there in the end. He could tell that she was hiding something. Nycto was really good at reading people and their body language. Everyone had things hidden, and Nycto was a master at the unspoken language. Sometimes it was what a person didn't say that held more meaning than actual words, and this woman was obviously hiding some sort of secret.

"We can never have too many medics." Nycto said to the two of them. "I would be happy to have such skilled healers aboard, and I'm sure my two companions here will feel the same way." He said.

"So, time for introductions. I'm Nycto, but most people call me Nyct." He told the newcomers.

• Yay
Reactions: Willowisp
"A fine choice!" Atrix said in response to the horse he chose, however, he was disappointed in a range of things very quickly. One, Nyct seemed to ignore his question about the silver hair, and secondly more people arrived which would make conversing with the interesting man far more difficult. He pondered his words about rumor and myth and he did not exactly believe all the words in a rumor in myth, however, he did believe there were kernels of truth in them. Myths all stemmed from some sliver of truth, a story told over and over through the years that gained one additional detail every time the story was retold, but the basis of the myth always held some weight.

But, he had not the time to speak his words out loud, as he had to now entertain his new guests. Before he could speak, however, Nyct spoke up and Atrix stood there with a shocked look upon his face. Did he not know this was HIS expedition? While he agreed with the sentiment, it was his decision to make, and now all of the sudden this potential shade was calling the shots? Now, now, Atrix thought to himself, you must not let your human anger show through! He shook his head and he moved on.

"All are welcome upon this magnificent journey!" Atrix butted in once Nyct had spoken. He lifted his arms high into the air and stepped forward and placed himself in front of Nyct so that they were all aware he was in charge here. "I am Atrix Uso, the benefactor of this MOST exciting adventure." He then spent the next few moments explaining all of the things he had already explained to Nyct. Horses, fees, etc.

"We can only hope that neither of your services will be called upon on our journey, but should we need you, it would be much better to have two instead of none!"
He smiled brightly and then fought the urge to return his gaze to Nyct. There would be plenty of time to inquire into his unique existence when they found themselves traveling to the Portal Stone.

Waving his hand in a very specific motion, he used a specific summoning spell, one designed to protect precious artifacts or treasures. If he was a warrior, he might use it to summon a sword, but he was more scholar than warrior and so what appeared in his hand was a sheet of parchment. Upon it, in very neat and orderly handwriting, he had written down every detail he thought important about the continent of Malaketh.

"I hold in my hand," he said dramatically to all those who were within the area with him. "What I believe to be is the most detailed and accurate collection of the continent of Malaketh."

He looked around at everyone and wiggled the paper in his hand as if to hammer home the point. "Nyct, you asked me earlier if I believed in rumor and myth.... well I do. Somewhat." He smiled and then handed the parchment over. On it detailed all the fables, songs, rumors, and myths of the continent. He had underlined specific portions of specific sections of which he believed to hold bits of truth.

"All fables, songs, bed time stories, and poems are based on.... something. An event, a person, a place, it doesn't matter but it had to come from somewhere. Malakath is real. Is it where all evil in the world resides? No, I highly doubt that, but I do believe there is a magic in that area that some view as evil."
He paused, intending to elaborate his point, but trying to come up with the correct metaphor. "For example, the Kivren, have you all heard of them? They are creatures from a place called Kivra. Now, if we were to get our hands on their fables and stories, they would tell of the evil of our beaches. Why? Well.... air.... they would suffocate upon our lands. So what is evil to them is merely an after thought to us!" His excitement grew and grew as he spoke, the feeling of adventure so slightly building inside of him.

"This expedition, for the three of you is about gold, but for me is about uncovering the secrets of long thought lost creatures. Where did these myths arise? What caused them to go away? What is their EVIL."

Nycto Tera Lynx Willowisp

Lord Atrix was... Well... A lord. Tera was used to men such as he, she'd treated quite a few of the nobility who appreciated her lower fee for non-magical healing. By this point she was used to it and hardly noticed it. She knew how to shut up and do her job.

Another healer approached seeking a job, and while Tera wasn't a mind reader she got the feeling that she'd stepped on some toes by introducing herself with her title.
She smiled reassuringly at the girl who shared blue eyes with her.
"If you can use magic to heal I'm sure you won't be finding your skills going to waste. I unfortunately don't have the talent for magical healing... Or fighting, I might add!
I'm a doctor, I major in biology and virology though treating a wound isn't outside of my field. I'm sure we can work well together!"

She hoped that would put her at ease, she would rather befriend this girl rather than compete with her.

The man in black with the mask was... Well... There wasn't a better way to describe him... Silver hair was uncommon unless he was a lot older than his body build suggested, or possibly an elf, that could explain the hair. He introduced himself as Nycto, or Nyct... She thought about it for a moment and decided that one letter off of a short name was totally unnecessary. But everyone seemed friendly enough in spite of their oddities.

She listened intently while their new employer went over the known information about their destination. She had a few questions, but she decided to hold off and see if anyone else wanted to speak up.

The masked one seemed friendly enough, showing an eagerness to make Michelee feel at ease with his reassurance that she would be needed and welcome. She could not see his face, so she was not sure if he were actually sincere. She was curious on why he was covered, but she knew better than to ask. It could be that he was burned and terribly scarred, or something of that nature. When she had been asked about her preference for elbow gloves and cloaks, she hated to have to answer. She would prefer to say it was because of a burn, or rash. To tell someone about her issues with touch was not as easy to explain, even to herself. Her people were a feline race, that loved to hug, kiss, touch, stand close and inside each other’s personal bubble. They did this because touch was an important part of their social interactions. They needed it. Without it they would feel isolated and depressed. Michelee had never been able to touch those of her kind. Soon after her gift had been known she had not even been allowed to go to her mother for a hug of comfort. There were accidents from time to time. She forgot in the beginning and touched a friend or loved one. They acted like they had been burned, scrambling away from her as quickly as possible. It was hard to understand, especially when young, that you were not being rejected, but respected. She started to feel shame or guilt when she accidently touched someone. She looked forward to the times when someone needed healing. This allowed her to touch them, even though she had to take on the pain and ailments they suffered, for a short time. To touch started to be a collaboration with pain. And to look forward to that seemed wrong, for others in her tribe tried to avoid pain. So, she rejected touch, as was proper, and kept her secret thrill at being able to touch someone and take the pain all to herself. To explain this to someone was a ridiculous endeavor. Instead, she would rather say she was burned and scarred. This was simple, and others understood the desire to cover up for those reasons.

Not being able to see the person’s face, Michelee tried a different tactic on getting to know him better. She sniffed the air in his direction, her nose crinkling slightly as she did so. She tried to smell sweat, hormones, travel dust of places been, and anything else she could use to gauge his intentions and physical make up. There was barely anything. Her eyebrows lowered slightly, as a crease furrowed her smooth brow. How was it that she did not smell much from him? Most creatures, human or beast alike, had a scent. Maybe she was just downwind. He said his name, and she was barely able to pronounce his name aloud, “Nyct,” tasting the sound like a fine wine on her tongue, before she was interrupted by the fancy man.

His voice was unnecessarily loud, probably to show his dominance. She was used to this type of action, for all males from her tribe were territorial with leadership dreams. She listened to his offer of supplies, which she did not need much of, but she would be happy with some more sugar cubes for her horse. With her healing abilities she did not need much food to survive, if any at all. When she did eat, she liked meat. Preferably rare.

When he started giving a speech about the journey, incorrectly assuming she was after gold, she listened with half an ear. She was not worried about gold or uncovering secrets. She just needed to get as far away from the tribesmen that had been chasing her down since she had left her village as she could. This was the direction she needed to go. She did not care about the reasons as long as she was able to go on the journey. His trick with the paper smelled strongly of magic, which had its own bitter smell that was hard not to recognize. Spells, magic items, cursed objects, and magical powers all smelled very similar. Strangely enough, magical creatures did not smell of magic, but of their own unique scents that came with being creatures themselves. She sniffed the male talking and smelled the magic and human on him. He smelled also of cleanliness, which was always a good thing in Michelee’s opinion. Not all males outside her tribe kept clean, and with her sensitive nose that was a hard thing to handle sometimes.

The lady doctor smelled of medicinal supplies, and human female. She tried to put Michelee at ease with her medical knowledge, but Michelee was ashamed to admit that she did not know what the words the other woman said meant. She never had to study the medicinal arts. All she had to do was touch someone, though she could not help someone unless they had cuts, broken bones, or ripped flesh. She could not heal diseases, poison, or magical curses. The shaman in her tribe, the older one who used actual medicine to heal others, told her it was because the blood moves and was harder for her to heal. She did not know about that, but she turned to him whenever someone was ill with these issues. He healed them but did not teach her his process. She understood. He needed to keep something for himself, a place in the village. Being the only one to know how to do the blood healing kept him a position of respect.

She smiled at the woman, as if she understood what she was saying. She hoped there was no reason for her to have to understand the female’s abilities.

She turned to Atrix, wondering what kind of evil they would be running into, but unwilling to ask. She was afraid he would tell her, and she would decide to not go. She would surely have her tribesmen catch up with her if that were the case. She had to keep moving. “Thank you for the offer of supplies. I think I will be fine, except for maybe a few more sugar cubes for my mare.” She petted the horse’s nose. “Her name is Lady. She has a bit of a sweet tooth.”
Atrix Nycto Tera Lynx

• Cry
Atrix Tera Lynx Willowisp

Nycto watched as Atrix butted in after Nycto had basically invited the two ladies to join them. The man walked forward, lifting his arms up, placing himself in front of Nycto. Ah, so Nycto's little experiment had shown results. He had been wanting to test the man, find out more about his personality, and putting him into a position where he was no longer the center of attention was the perfect opportunity. So, Atrix liked to be in charge, leading, not following. He definitely wanted to remain in control of situations and people. Atrix definitely like being dominant. Interesting... Plus, Nyct had invited the two others because he didn't want to be alone with Atrix. Atrix gave off a vibe like he wanted to dissect Nycto or something. Weird.

As Atrix explained to the two other ladies he had already explained to Nycto, Nyct examined the two newcomers. As Nyct looked at them, he saw them also looking at him, examining him, just as he was doing to them. The Doctor called Tera Lynx told the other woman that she doesn't use magic to heal, using physical medicines to heal and treat wounds, being a biologist. Nycto had no doubt that this woman would be shocked if she ever tried to heal him, since he didn't have biology similar to most organic creatures.

The other woman was examining Nycto intensely, even more than Tera was. She seemed at ease by both Nycto's words and Tera's words, having been reassured that she would be needed and most certainly welcome. Though... there was an certain air about her. Nycto could read her body language. She seemed... lonely, like she had been cast out of something, and had never really interacted with much people. Nycto was familiar with these feelings, he experienced them on a day-to-day basis. Nycto had basically no friends, and no loved ones. He had no one, and rarely anyone would try and get close to him, especially if they knew what he was. He sympathized with the woman. They were both basically rejects, unable to fit in with society, and have never exactly known their place in the world at large. And her heavy clothing... was she trying to hide something, or was she trying to avoid something? Nycto wore his clothes for both of those reasons, to hide his true nature from sight, and to avoid direct sunlight. Nyct watched as she crinkled her nose slightly, apparently trying to smell him. That made sense, since she didn't seem Human, she could have an enhanced sense of smell. Nycto wondered what he smelled like, or if he even smelled at all. Then, Nycto heard her try to pronounce his name, barely able to say it. He chuckled quietly. His name was pretty hard to pronounce for some people. "Just call me whatever is easiest to pronounce," He told her. "Some people just call me Ny, since it's easier. Might I ask what your name is?" He asked her.

Then, Atrix preformed some sort of spell, and summoned a sheet of parchment. Atrix then explained to them what it was, saying that it was apparently the most accurate collection of information on Malakath.

"Nyct, you asked me earlier if I believed in rumor and myth.... well I do. Somewhat."

Nycto looked at him as Atrix passed over the parchment to him. Nycto grabbed it, and looked over it, reading it. Interesting... Most of it was just rumors and myths, but there were some parts that were underlined that apparently held the most truth. Once Nycto finished, he handed it over.

"This expedition, for the three of you is about gold, but for me is about uncovering the secrets of long thought lost creatures. Where did these myths arise? What caused them to go away? What is their EVIL."

Well, at least that was partly true. Nycto was half in it for the money, half in it for something else. What that was, he had no idea. It was this... pull, this feeling that he had, drawing him there. Could it be his Shadowkin nature, drawing him to the unknown? Could this be the pull of Eleth, the God that was partly infused within his Shadowkin self, pulling him to this? Eleth was the God of Mysteries and the Unknown, so that could perhaps be it.

The blue-eyed woman spoke up, saying that she would be fine without supplies, except for her sugar-addicted horse. The horse itself seemed restless, as if it knew something that they didn't.

"Might want to go a bit easy on the sugar cubes, seems like she has had a lot already. She must have a ton of energy from all of that sugar." Nycto pipped up.

Then, he turned back to Atrix. "I suggest we get moving, bandits and robbers will become more of an issue around noon." He told the man.

• Popcorn