Private Tales The Spy & The Smuggler

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Sleep didn’t come to her for some time after joining him, no, she wanted to make sure that he was going to be okay before she even thought about closing her eyes. She used that time to keep him cool as he had already been sweating when she came in. Not only did she let her mind wander to his but instead of using it to see what he was seeing, she pushed visions of her own into his mind. The times she felt happiest laying in a field of wildflowers, watching the clouds stroll by, the sun warm upon her skin. Then to watch the sunset while sitting at the edge of a lake, the rays playfully moved across the water and as the sun disappeared she would join the warm water.

There was a song her mother would sing to her when she was little, hell, even when she just couldn’t sleep as she got older. Though hushed, she would also hum this in hopes that it too would help him, all while fingers moved his hair out of the way so she could lay her head down more comfortably. After a while Shay felt that it was okay for her to try and get a few hours of sleep, she was there in case it started again and wouldn’t let it get out of control.

Her own nightmares never came to visit as they always do and she was finally getting a restful sleep, which she had not had in many many years. Somewhere in her sleep she knew he had begun to wake, she could hear it in the way his breathing changed but she did not stir. Her body needed this rest more than even she knew and found its way back to that deep sleep soon thereafter. Luckily, he had as well.

She heard his voice, distant as it seemed she knew it wasn’t. Shay gave a muffled groan as she stretched her arm out finding that it atop something hard, fingers moved lightly upon his chest as she finally started to wake. Heavy-lidded eyes opened, the drowsiness more than present when she looked at him.” Mmmhmm..” Said in a quavering tone. It hadn’t hit her yet that she was still in his bed and just about cuddled up to him still.. Or maybe it had and she just didn’t care.

Rhaener Nadir

What Rhaener would have done to stay in the bed like this with her all day. It would have been perfect but he knew it would soon come to an end when her caught up to what was happening here.

"I am not sure how or why you found your way into my bed but I do not mind in the slightest," he said as he pushed a piece of hair out of her face. His large hand hovered near her cheek as if debating if he was going to touch her or not.

He did.

Rhaener stroked the back of his fingers down her cheek as he watched her struggle to wake up.

"You are beautiful, Shayleigh," he said softly before moving to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Shayleigh

The bed was warm, pillowy soft and far to comfortable which was making her will to wake up rather rough. Not to mention the feeling of being.. safe.. for once. At this point, there was no want or wish to move from this spot and yet his words continued to come causing her to blink back to reality.

“I woke to you screaming..” Said with a horse sleepy tone. “I thought something bad was happening. So I ran towards the direction your screaming was coming from and found you thrashing around in your bed..” Shay stretched her legs out before turning fully on her side to face him. “I just made sure that the nightmares left, and you could sleep.” She didn’t go into detail about what she had done to help that situation, it wasn’t like it was a big deal that she had helped chase his nightmares away.

“I must have fallen asleep myself” Tired eyes watched his hand move towards her face, tucking away strands of her hair. His fingers were a welcomed warmth upon her skin and she couldn’t help but enjoy its brief pass as she let her eyes close again.

You are beautiful, Shayleigh

How could it be that those simply few words could cause her heart to tighten as she was going to break. Tears even threatened to seep out of those closed eyes. Words had power and certain things that no one has ever heard before can cause a major reaction. Before she could say or do anything, his lips had pressed to her forehead and shay shivered, noticeably.
Shay finally opened her eyes a spent a good moment or two just staring into his, letting feelings came and go. She wasn’t going to ask him if he truly meant what he said, that would come off as either stupid or as someone who thrived off such compliments. Neither of which were true when it came to her. Perhaps he just saw her in a way she didn’t see herself..

“I apologize for coming into your room as I did, I just. I was worried and hearing you scream like you were.. I just needed to make sure you were okay.” It was then she realized her hand was still on his bare chest and let it linger there for a moment more before pulling it back towards her. “I should probably get up and let you wake and I need to prepare to leave..”

Rhaener Nadir

Rhaener frowned at her words. He had been screaming? As he thought about his sleep, he remembered everything clearly. He did not remember Shayleigh or her comfort but the memories that caused his pain to begin with. She may not like him much but he was still wondering how he had gotten so lucky with the fae woman who drove him insane already.

The shiver that followed his chaste kiss on her forehead made him smile quite smugly. He couldn't help it. He was a male and there was something about the way a woman acted around a male that made him want to continue his kisses.

"Never apologize for comforting me, Shay. I appreciate it more than you know," Rhaener said as he twirled a couple of her curls in his fingers.

“I should probably get up and let you wake and I need to prepare to leave..”

He was unsure why but it was like he had been stabbed in the heart. He did not want her to leave this bed...not yet.

"We need to prepare to leave but I think that can wait a little while. What do you want to know about me, my dear?"

His voice was soft and seductive even though he did not mean for the latter to sneak in.

Shayleigh

She knew he wouldn’t remember, let alone know of the few things she’d done to help ease those nightmares. Especially with him questioning why and how she’d ended up in his bed. Would she admit that having fallen asleep embracing him had chased her own nightmares off? Probably not, it was almost embarrassing the fact that she still battled her own nightmares nightly, it was best that she didn’t bring it up.

Drowsy eyes caught sight of his smile after obviously catching what that friendly quick kiss to her forehead had done to her. It didn’t take long after for her cheeks to redden slightly and her own lazy smile given without much thought behind the fact that she was doing so.

“I’m not sorry that I comforted you, Rhaener. I’m sorry that I barged into your personal space without your knowledge of it, until now of course.” She corrected herself. She would never apologize for helping someone. Not when she’d spent so many nights wishing for it herself. Shay felt her hair move and looked down to see him playing with it and gods if that didn’t cause subtle shy smile.

Shay was about to correct him when he said We but remembered that he had asked to join her as he too was heading to the Vitae court. The fact that she was going to be traveling alone with him caused a flurry of thoughts and emotions or was it due to the way his tone changed during that sentence that brought all that on?

“Ummm.” Her heart pounded in her ears. Of course once he’d asked what she wanted to know a multitude of questions came barreling into thought. How many women have you been with? Nope, not that Shay.. Do you really know how to love? Eh, not that one either, a bit harsh even if she really wanted to know. Are you truly not like most of the fae males that come from the night court or is this just your way of.. No. No. No.. She knew this already, right?! So why was she thinking it! Do you want children? Shay!

“What’s it like having lived as long as you have?” She asked softly “What are some things you still wish to experience that you never have” Came another.. “If you had a choice of where you would like to live, where would it be?” Much better.

Rhaener Nadir

Last edited:
Rhaener smiled wryly and shook his head, "you never have to apologize for invading my space, Shay."

His had was back on her cheek and he was soon running his thumb against her soft, perfect lips. A moment later she was asking her questions. Three of them to be exact. He was sure they were not the real questions she wanted to ask but he would let her keep those to herself for now.

“What’s it like having lived as long as you have?”

A rumble moved through his body as he let out a hmmm.

"It is long," Rhaener started. "You have all the time in the world and no time at all. It can be boring sometimes and people tend to make poor decisions on occasion." He had been people before.

“What are some things you still wish to experience that you never have”

"That I have never experienced..." There was so much he had experienced that it was hard to think of what he wished for. "Traveling with the woman I love, loving someone, having a child or two, move out of Night Court permanently" he paused again and smiled wickedly before leaning in to whisper in her ear, "to take every piece of your clothing off and worship your body like any man would be blessed to do..."

He knew that would fluster her. He may have been a little evil. Just a tad.

“If you had you choose of where you would live, where would it be?”

"Autumn or Winter Court," he answered the last question without hesitation before drawing his eyes over her face as she reacted to his previous words.

Shayleigh

Shay offered a coy smile to his response. “I’m fairly certain there are times I should not invade your space and would, indeed, need to apologize.” The laughter that followed was soft but spirited. She could think of quite a few instances that would fall under the need to apologize.

She couldn’t help but watch his face and the expression it showed, if any, when his hand met her skin again. Lips lightly parted instinctively as his thumb gracefully moved across them. He was causing her to react before thinking it through and she wasn’t sure that was a good thing. At all.

But then he began to answer her questions and the fog that was starting to infiltrate that once cognitive mind of hers started to clear. This was new to her, being able to just lay here and listen to someone talk. She realized at that moment that she could lay here all day and just listen to his voice.. “I can see it being boring, as mine has been so for some time, to be honest and you have plenty more years on me. Poor decisions seem to be something everyone makes a time or two.. or more.”

Maybe it had been a stupid question for her to have asked what he wanted to do that he had not yet. He had lived for so long it would be more of a surprise to know there wasn’t something he had done. His answers though, brought a light to her eyes that even she didn’t know was there. He wanted to love someone. He wanted children. She was more then happy with his answers, not that she’d be that lucky one to experience it all with him, but, time would tell.

Then time stopped and she was positive that even her heart quit beating for a moment or two, even her breathing stopped before it began to quicken. Her face flushed and her body reacted to his whisper as it tightened and the buds on her chest hardened. She was more then thankful, at that very moment, that she was covered up. It was the feel of his breath caressing her ear, the alluring tone of his voice mixed with the deliciously evil things he said to her that had her utterly speechless.

The corner of her bottom lip was pulled in and bitten down on as he answered the last question, which she was sure she heard, maybe. There was no possible way that she could hide the desire that had made itself present in her eyes but she was going to do her best to do just that, hide it. “If doing so was such a blessing then why…” Shay’s words became hushed as her mind caught up to what she was about to say or more so, about to admit. Has no man ever done so?

A few blinks later and she was moving on from that altogether. “Okay, so, your turn. What is it you’d like to know about me Rhaener?” Was that a smirk playing at her lips!?

Rhaener Nadir

Last edited:
Shayleigh's reaction was better than he could have ever imagined. He was about to take advantage of the moment and kiss her again but she spoke again, breaking the spell.

“If doing so was such a blessing then why…”

"Why what?" The words were barely a whisper before she was moving on to the next subject.

“Okay, so, your turn. What is it you’d like to know about me Rhaener?”

Rhaener saw the smirk and returned it with his own.

"I want to know what your favorite flower is so I can always have some for you in a moments notice. I want to know how you have gotten under my skin so quickly. I want to know how long you would let me kiss you for before you slapped me. I want to know why you are so hard on yourself. And I want to know if you hate having those clothes on as much as I hate you having them on..."

His voice trailed off and the wicked glint was back in his eye.

Shayleigh

Why what?

"Hmm?" Sounded in her throat. "Oh, it's nothing. It was nothing important." She said quickly, hoping he would just move on from it. There was a strange voice on her head telling her that she just needed to fess up and tell him. Not like it was a big deal, right?! But it was, to her that is. Who in the hell lives for hundreds of years and never takes a lover.. It was embarrassing. However another voice played its part in this battle and asked why does he need to know, he can't possibly be your mate, you are not his equal. Was this fight in her head noticeable? Hopefully not.

His questions were continuous and gave her no time to answer until he was done. By the time he asked his last question, she wasn't she she'd have a voice or a damned way to even think about what her answers would be. He'd left her dumbfounded due to how brazen he was with his questions but there was a part of her that liked the boldness. There was a lump in her throat that she swallowed, hard. That wickedness in his eyes was spellbinding causing an added flush to her skin that ran throughout her body. Was it getting hot in here or was it just her?! By the gods. Shay closed her eyes and focused on her breathing, taking a few deep breaths in and out before she even thought about trying to respond.

I want to know what your favorite flower is so I can always have some for you at a moments notice.

This was a question she wasn't expecting, one that had never been asked of her ever. "You talk as of you plan on always being around me or maybe it's more you think we will be visiting each other often" She jabbed at him but in a lighthearted way, leaving it to linger there as a question for a moment. "I'm not sure I have a favorite, don't think I've ever thought about it or ever had the need too." She said in a somber tone "I love wildflowers but I enjoy them more when I'm in a frield if them, surrounded by there beauty.." A smile finally found its way through as she remembered all the times she spent in the bed if wildflowers back home. "If I had yo pick, it might be bellflowers or calla lilies." She shook her head before saying "You don't need to get me flowers Rhaener, it's ok."

I want to know how you have gotten under my skin so quickly

"As for being under your skin, I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing but maybe it's because I'm not like most women. I'm not throwing myself at you or fawning over everything you do or say." She laughed. She was starting to enjoy listening to him talk.. "Maybe it's because you think I hate you and you can't stand that." She shrugged "Or maybe it's because I'm far too stubborn for your liking. I'm not really sure how I've gotten under your skin, Rhaener. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it" Brow lifted and a devilish smirk followed.

I want to know how long you would let me kiss you for before you slapped me.

"As for the question that followed that last one" Eyes dropped to his lips, licking her own before lifting her eyes back to his. "How long? I'm not sure.. A few seconds? A minute? The real question is, why on earth world you want to kiss me for to long anyway?!" Another jest thrown at him but there was some truth to those words and maybe that's why she'd never let anything like that happen

I want to know why you are so hard on yourself

"I'm not sure what you mean by why I'm so hard on myself. How is it you think I'm being hard in myself?" Was she? Maybe she deserved it "Maybe your just confusing me being truthful with myself and my worth, with being hard on myself?" She didn't understand where that question has come from nor what made him think she was hard on herself ans was hoping he'd give her some insight on it.

And I want to know if you hate having those clothes on as much as I have you having them on

Now came the question she didn't know how to answer and it caused that silent battle in her had to rage. She had a feeling if she answered a certain way, there was a strong chance that something might happen between them. Something that there would be no coming back from. It would open up something in her, in them both that Shay was positive she wasn't ready for. Or was she and just wanted to keep telling herself she wasn't just to protect herself from what she believed would inevitably happen. Yet her body told her something completely different, it reacted to him in ways it never had before which left her questioning what else could she and her body feel because of him?

"If that's your way of yelling me that what I picked out to wear looks horrid on me, you could have told me last night and I would have changed" so she would take the naive mixed with joking way out as she laughed. "I'll go change if it bothers you so much. The fabric is a tad heavier then what I'm used to but I don't hate it at all" She offered as she pushed herself up on one elbow as If she was about to make her way off the bed. She knew exactly what he meant by that question. It most definitely was nit regarding how the clothing looked on her.

Rhaener Nadir

Like Shay had done, Rhaener let her answer all of his questions before he commented on each one.

And boy did he have some comments!

"...You don't need to get me flowers Rhaener, it's ok."

He gave her that look and just shook his head. "I know I don't need to get you flowers but I do plan on it because I plan to spend much more time with you."

"...Or maybe it's because I'm far too stubborn for your liking. I'm not really sure how I've gotten under your skin, Rhaener. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it"

"My dear dear Shayleigh, you being stubborn is something I like very much," he said before addressing her next answer.

"The real question is, why on earth world you want to kiss me for to long anyway?!"

A small growl was accompanied by a roll of his eyes. He was not even going to comment on that one. Nope.

"Maybe your just confusing me being truthful with myself and my worth, with being hard on myself?"

"I am confusing no such thing, Shayleigh. You are worth so much more than you believe. You are beautiful and smart and sassy...you are worth more than I could ever pay..."

I'll go change if it bothers you so much. The fabric is a tad heavier then what I'm used to but I don't hate it at all"

Rhaener was fed up with her silliness now. He knew that she knew what he had meant. "I can take them off of you if you are determined to change now..."

Shayleigh

• Smug
Reactions: Shayleigh
He was giving her that look already?! Well, guess she was getting under his skin already. Shay almost let a laugh slip at the thought of it. They hadn’t even spent a full twenty four hours together and she could tell she was already frustrating him. Shay - One, Rhaener - Zero. “You do?” Said in regards to the whole planning on spending much more time with her “What of your Job? I don’t think either one of us could spend too much time away from either job.” She laughed.

My dear dear Shayleigh, you being stubborn is something I like very much.

“Ah, so you’re fond of women who don’t give in easily, hmm?” The right corner of her lips curled up into a lazy smirk “If you enjoy that, then that obviously can’t be how I’ve gotten under your skin so quickly. Then how?" Shay drew in the side of her bottom lip, letting it slip out of the grip of her teeth as she thought about it.

“Beautiful” She said softly.. That word.. Could she get used to it? “I appreciate your view of my worth, Rhaener, I truly do, but you’re going off having known me for barely a day. Could you truly know my worth under so little time? And worth more than you could pay?” This time laughter did follow, did she dare say what she was thinking? Of course! “So now I’m worth money? I assume that now means I’m some sort of whore?” Yes, she again was twisting his words for no other reason because she thought it was funny. She knew what he meant and she was grateful he thought that, even if it wasn’t true.

I can take them off of you if you are determined to change now.

By this time she was sitting up on her elbow, waiting to hear what he had to say to her acting like she didn’t know what he’d meant by her hating being in her clothes. Just when she thought his words couldn’t do anymore to her, he had to go say that. How many times can a woman's face flush in a matter of minutes? Fucking hell!

Without a word, Shay pulled the covers off of her and pushed herself up to sit on the edge of his bed. Bare feet met the cool floor, the pit-pat of them echoed in the silence of the room as she made her way to his door. Standing halfway in and halfway out, she’d turn sideways to look at Rhaener with this most mischievous look on her face. This was likely the most daring thing Shay had done when it came to.. Well..

Shay watched him as her fingers found the few buttons on the back of the dress and one by one, unbuttoned them. Fingers slid underneath the trim of the dress at her shoulder and began pushing it down, then the other side. Pressing a hand to the front of the dress as she pulled her arms out of their sleeves, one by one, leaving the only thing holding up the dress was her hand at the front of it.

She continued to watch him, wanting to see every look that crossed his face and what he hid in his eyes. It took less than a second for the dress to drop to the floor, leaving it in a pile at her feet leaving her sun kissed skin bare for all to see. Unfortunately for Rhaener, the door frame hid most of her front and those long honey brown curls were so long that they draped over her ass covering that up as well.

Ah but see, she stood there for maybe five to ten seconds before she smiled at him “I’m going to change now.” She softly before she took off running as fast as her legs would go. Laughter filled the halls as she ran through them, finally running into the room he had let her use for the night and stopping at where the dresses were hanging. Shay rummaged through them hoping to find one that would fit her as the other did, more so hoping she’d find one before he managed to make it into the room..Or was she?

Rhaener Nadir