Private Tales The Newlywed Game

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Brie could attest to that. She still remembered when she went after that mint and had gotten stuck in the middle of the creek. If Kieran hadn't been there. She shivered to think what would've happened. She would've been a meal for the wolves.

That confused look remained on Timothy's face.

Thinking.

He didn't have to think long, though. Timothy was a sharp kid. Brie had always known that and all her family had seen was his disability instead of his amazing talents and gifts.

"What?" He exclaimed. He looked between Brie and Kieran. "You married a fucking vampire?!"

Brie cringed at the language but looped her arm around Kieran's side. She nodded to her brother.

Brie cringed at Timothy's language and Kieran laughed. That pretty much summed them up as a couple.

"Yes, she did," Kieran grinned widely at Timothy so his fangs show. He had mastered smiling without showing his teeth a long time ago.

"In her defense, though, she did not know until after we were married." The vampire smiled innocently at his wife.

"Are you okay with this, Tim? I do not want you to live somewhere where you are uncomfortable."

"I'm more than okay with this! This is amazing!" Timothy grinned. "You'll definitely win cool Uncle award now. Does this mean I can stay up forever at night, too?"

Brie rolled her eyes.

"We'll talk about details later. You've had a long journey here and you need to rest."

"But I'm not tired," he complained.

"Too bad. Seralynn, can you please show Timothy to his room?" It would be on the first floor, not like the one she shared with Kieran. Timothy growned but got up, grabbing his crutches. "Fine. But I want way more details when I get up."

"Good night Timothy!" Brie called cheerily and then turned to Kier. "I guess that went as good as we could hope for," she murmured to her husband.

Once Seralynn had disappeared with the teenager, Kieran smiled over at his wife. He was enjoying a scone as he listened to words.

"I think it went great, my love," he countered. "Anytime I can share the truth of my existence and I do not have people running from me or trying to kill me counts as good."

It wasn't like he told a whole bunch of people but there had been a few that had overreacted. Well...maybe they had been justified. He was a vampire after all.

"So I am guessing the visit with your parents did not go well?"

A shake of her head as a scowl crossed her tan-face. "No. It was..," eyes hardened in anger and frustration. Her voice lowered even though she knew Tim probably couldn't hear them. "Timothy was barely taken care of. They seemed to treat him more as an inconvenience than their son."

Fingers clenched tightly in her lap.

"Once they realized Timothy wouldn't bring in a wealthy family for marriage prospects, they treated him poorly. It makes me so...angry."

She looked to her husband. "I'm sorry I showed up like this. That I didn't tell you before returning." It had been a last minute decision.

Kieran felt his anger growing. Timothy was Brie's life and the one thing she needed to be truly happy here. He was happy that she had brought him because now she could finally be done with her parents. The parents that had sold her to him for a very hefty price. At least he admitted he was a piece of shit.

"There is no need to apologize, Brie. I had a feeling there was a chance of it happening and I had Seralynn make a room for him on the main floor."

He gave her that smug smile that she now kinda loved.

• Bless
Reactions: Polina
Reaching over, she gripped his chin gently and ran her thumb over his lips as if she could rub that smug smirk right off his face. "Always thinking ahead," she tsked and smiled. Leaning in, she'd let her lips linger and brush across the smile she'd just run her fingers over.

"What did you do while I was away?" She didn't move far as she asked the question. Just enough to voice it. A puff of warm breath as she asked.

It was too bad that her pretty little fingers could not rub his smirk away. He enjoyed when he was right and, in his mind, he was usually always right. Of course, there were a few times were he was not but it was not many. Her lips were so soft and he couldn't get enough of kissing his wife.

"I had an orgy, my dear. I hired all the prostitutes to come over and we had fun..."

As soon as he had said it he was worried that it was too soon. He thought he was funny but she may not think so. He made sure to quickly follow up with the truth.

"I slept, read, had a drink or two. It was quite boring really."

"That's not funny," she flicked him lightly on the nose and pulled away. A small huff that showed she wasn't taking his comment seriously. "Why didn't you come along?"

A small puff of her lowerlip in a pout as she looked her husband over.

Then she snatched another scone from the plate. Seralynn really did make the best things.

Kieran turned away from Brie after she asked her question. She probably was not going to like the answer and even if she was mad at them, she would get that hurt look on her perfect face.

"I would have killed them. I had a feeling that they would not treat your brother well once you were gone. You never spoke highly of their attitude towards him. They would have been dead before the carriage door even finished closing..."

He did not look her as he heard her grab another scone. Instead, he rested his hands on the counter and lowered his head with his back towards her.

She froze and slowly set the scone down. She stared at him. His bowed head. He wouldn’t see a look of hurt on her face. Just one of processing. Thoughtful. Slipping from the stool, she walked aprons him to stand just in front of him.

“Kieran. Look at me,” she said quietly and would lower her hand, warm fingers gently went beneath his chin to lift his gaze at her.

“You didn’t do it. You didn’t come. And you didn’t kill them. You chose to do the right thing. Do you understand?”

He studied his wife's perfect face and the annoying smirk she hated (or at least acted like she hated) crossed his lips. He let his arms wrap around her as she continued to hold his chin and brought his lips to hers.

"Yes, I understand, and I love you. I really thought you would be mad at me for even thinking such a thing but your brother..."

Her stopped talking and just held her. How could be explain what he was feeling right now. He was vampire and this whole love and caring thing was still relatively new to him.

"Your brother is great and I have only just met him. I do not understand how someone who gave birth to him could treat him poorly. Maybe...maybe it because I cannot have children...I don't know."

Kieran kissed her again and ran his fingers through her dark curls.

Her arms wrapped around him and she gave him a squeeze, nestling into his chest. Gods she loved him. She'd hated him so much at first. But then everything changed as she got to see the real him. As she saw his dead-living heart. Even now. What he told her. How he'd chosen not to come because he'd lose control.

How he thought so much of her brother after just meeting him.

"I love you," she breathed against him. Kissing him back, she pulled away slightly just so she could look at his eyes. Head shook. "No, I'm not mad at you. I..," her gaze sharpened as her forehead crinkled in frustration. "I understand. I don't understand them. Although," voice trailed off as she played with some of his hair.

"Without their idiocy, they probably never would've agreed to give me to you in marriage. So there's that?" It was true. If they'd been more loving for their children. Shown more care. They probably wouldn't have given her away so easily and quickly, without thought and only eyes on coin. She might've never met Kieran.

A low rumble of laugher vibrated through Kieran's chest. She was correct. Her parents were idiots but that idiocy had led to them being together and, honestly, he was not sure what he would do without her now.

Brie was his world.

"That is very true, my love," he said and kissed her on the forehead gently.

He pulled away slightly but he still kept his arms wrapped around her tightly.

"What do you want to do this evening?"

She couldn't help it. The way his eyes looked at her. A blue and green one looked back as intently at him. As if she was drinking him in. Ironic for her to give a vampire that look. Her hands lifted to encircle the back of his neck.

"Well," a tug of her teeth across her lowerlip. "I thought we could make up for the nights I've been away." Curls shifted, tumbling down her shoulder as her head cocked to the side. "That is, if you think you have enough stamina to keep up?" A waggle of her dark brows along olive skin.

"I am the one who doesn't have to breath and doesn't get very tired, my love."

Kieran picked her up in a single movement allowing her legs to wrap around him before he started to head out of the kitchen. He would have started right there on the counter if it was not for the child now living in their home. He had to be a little more aware of where he fucked his wife now.

It was such a small price to pay though.

The trip to the bedroom did not keep him from kissing her lips and neck. It did not keep him from telling her how much her loved her and how much he wanted.

They spent the rest of the night in various rooms of the manor...the upstairs rooms of the manor...making up for the nights Brie had been away.

And by gods, did Brie enjoy every moment in his embrace. Wrapped around him until no space separated them at all. Brie had always imagined falling in love with Kieran like falling in love with darkness. Frightening and consuming. But she forgot about the stars. Utterly beautiful and guiding when they came out.

And that, that was like falling in love with him.

And she was utterly and unequivocally his. She slept more soundly that day than the entire trip on the road and at home. It was only know that she felt the true impact of being away from him even for the last few days.

And when she woke, she asked him a simple question. "When is your birthday?"

Kieran had been awake for a few hours by the time Brie finally stirred. He couldn't blame her for being tired because he had certainly made up for their time apart. He did not need pesky things like breathing or rest like she did.

How he had fallen in love with a human was still a mystery to him.

"Hmmm?" He asked as he lazily stroked his fingers through her beautiful, messy curls.

"Oh...my birthday...um..." Kieran paused and frowned. When was his birthday? He did not even really remember anymore because it was not like he celebrated by himself. He just knew when he was a year older when the winter solstice rolled around.

"I do not know, Brie. I always just mark the year with the winter solstice..."