Private Tales The Lost Sjælden

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Sewing," Jiya replied with a scrunched up nose, though the look of the disgust fell away into laughter. "I am awful at sewing. My father wouldn't even ask me to fix his button holes when I was younger," something that most young upper crust ladies could do blindfolded by the age of eight. "My attendant also says I am terrible at cleaning... and keeping myself clean. My sleeves are always ink stained," she shook her head with a smile.

"I also wouldn't subject you to anything other than my stew - this is what I practically lived off as a student. Couldn't cook anything else."

"So.. The things most women are expected to be able to do are the things that you are most hopeless at." he grinned wolfishly. "I like that." he decided with a firm nod. "In fact. I'm not sure I've ever met a woman quite so rebellious in my life." he considered, his eyes rising to meet her gaze with a glimmer of amusement.

• Haha
Reactions: Jiya Luana
Jiya started to laugh for it was the exact thing her mother and father had said to her over the years.

"My father once said I was a hopeless daughter, but a fine son," she shook her head and wiped a tear that had come loose in her laughter from the corner of her eye. "Perhaps my new little sister will be the daughter he had wanted raised away from Vel Anir. Houri certainly took after my lead," her lips twitched with the threat of another laugh. Yes, her sister was perhaps even further from a lady than she.

"Do you have siblings? I know you said you were orphaned but... well family does not always need to be blood. Does it?"

His smile split into a grin and he let out a quiet laugh. "Let us hope not. Strong minded women are so few in this world, and they'll be its salvation, mark my words."

Arryn's gaze grew briefly distant and he dropped his gaze to the food he was busy preparing, a sharp nod given in response to her question. "A brother. We were separated, I'm not sure where he wound up, though I hope he lives a decent life if he lives at all." he said.

"Lynus is the only brother I've known in my life, Lady Jiya. Family doesn't need to be blood at all." he agreed, lifting his eyes to smile at her.

• Bless
Reactions: Jiya Luana
Jiya nodded in understanding and let the question go. She did not want to pry further when it was a difficult subject. In a way she could relate. Her older brothers body had never been discovered after the rebellion - on the official records he was still listed as missing and not dead. She hadn't quite had the heart to admit he was gone.

"I can imagine you are quite popular with the younger recruits too. If the first time we met is anything to go by you are quite the party animal," her lips twitched.

• Frog Sip
Reactions: Arryn Cross