Open Chronicles The Legend of The Bayou Bone Eater.

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Rebecca Fourtuna

The Bone Eater
Character Biography
Link
Captain Blane Steeleye sat in the Weasel Tail Tavern a on the main land a short sail away from the bayou.

"So there I was."
He said with a ghostly pale creeping into his features as he spoke to the group gathered before him.
"A full crew. Moving some cargo that the Alirian navy may have found unsavory, but they dont own the sea. The city? Sure. But the sea? Thats ours."
He said with a slam of his fist into the table before him rattling the mug that sat there and upseting the ale within sloshing over its edge as he picked it back up and took a gulp.
"They were on our tail. Weighed down with cargo and the like we were slower than usual. They were trying to make us stop for a search but we were having none of it..."
He drifted off for a moment as if lost in that very moment. His eyes staring a million miles away.
"So we took the Bayou. A good route. Easy to lose people tailing you."
He was speaking without looking any of the group in the eye. He sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than any of them why it was a good idea. Why he had decided to do what he had done.
"There were legends sure. But people that sailed there often knew it was just a man and some stupid girl. They only seemed to bother ships that drifted too close to their stomping grounds. If you were in and out fast....Stuck to the edges...You'd be fine."
He took another unsteady drink wiping the foam from his mouth before placing the mug back down.
"Not this time...There's some....Thing in there. Its not human. Im not sure what it is. Never got a good look..It seemed to blend with the swamp....Moved like lightening..It hit the deck like an anchor. cracked the planks even."
He continued to shake as he continued with the events that were burned into his mind.

"Tore my first mate in half. Some kind of sharp bone impaled the man next to me...Must have been some kind of poison..melted him from the inside out from the neck down before he hit the ground...It ate the next guy..Ate him piece by piece. While it did this another one of my men was able to draw his blade and cut its arm off and..It laughed..It just fucking laughed.."
He threw his head back draining the mug with a single chug before hurling it at the opposite wall. A few of the crew around him seemed to close around him to keep him from flipping the table or breaking the chair until he calmed with a few deep breaths.
"Im fine..IM FINE.."
He said shrugging them off roughly before sighing and retaking his seat.
"And it speared that bastard on this sword like bones that sprung from its arm and ate him too...Then the fucking abominations arm grew back..It just grew fucking back...Laughing all the time like we tickled it. Then it went to work on the rest of my crew...Talking to it's self in common tongue like a human.. I didnt see much of it...but I saw it's eyes..and those werent human. I had seen enough and bailed out over board on a dingy with two chests with who was left. We rowed until we got picked by the navy, and after a little palm greasing they dropped us here. I need the rest of this chest to buy a new ship......but this full chest here.."
He said snapping his fingers as a larger member standing behind him placed a large chest so full of gold it spilled out barely able to keep the lid closed.

"And a few more.." He said smugly as another two followed with the same fullness and size of the first. " Are yours if you bring back this things head."
He spat looking at the group before him. All different people, races and walks of life, but all steely eyed hunters.
Perfect.
"And I say a few more because I've put the word out I'm getting hunters together and I have more than a few crews willing to kick in a full chest or too. Seems Im not the only one having these problems and needing that route clean. You feel me?"
He asked Gesturing at the group at large waiting to see who passed and who excepted. A couple of greener hunters had already left before he had even finished.
They hunted animals. not twisted monster demons...
The captain watched them go with a scowl. "Well....anyone else?" He spat.

Last edited:
"Aye... I'll bite." Came the lone voice of the golden eye vagabond. He was seated towards the back of the tavern, just far enough to pick up the words of the ranting pirate captain despite being in the presence of the large crowd he drew in and their ruckus.

If his words were even heard, he'd been surprise as it was said more so to himself with an sarcastic edge. The job the man offered seemed like a fools mission. Monster hunting in the bayou, looking for a creature that killed damn near an entire ships worth of cut throats? The chest of gold was impressive... but who was to say the ship captain would be to quick to part with it after the deed had been completed? Could anyone there hope to earn anything based of the words of a pirate who more then likely earned the horde he now presented by reaving the seas?

Yet much like the many there, Honi had been enticed and so he stayed put, finishing his tankard with a satisfied sigh after a final gulp that left a generous foam mustache behind. Wiping at his mouth, he looked to the remaining lot, keep eyes soaking in every detail no matter how minute. He wasn't aware if these souls gathered here realized, but tracking this creature in the swamps and claiming it's life wouldn't be their only challenge. Honi, had no intentions of loosing and he would do what ever it took.

Rising to his feet, Honi paused a moment to smoothen his attire. Gone was the usual flare he loved drape over his lithe frame, the clothing most back home in Allira knew him to wear. Here, he was dressed in a blue tunic, white trousers, and a tan bandanna. Nothing exciting at all. In truth he looked more like a merchant who braved deserts. He needed this look right now however. Usually, he had no worries when showing a set of particular features, mainly his cat like ears and bushy tail, but given the nature of the beast he was now expected to track he thought it was wise to hide those traits. Still, there was no hiding that sepia skin tone or those golden eyes. He still carried an exotic look compared to the average man.

Adjusting the belt which secured several pouches to his waist, he then took up the single edged blade he had resting beside him and slid it into place along his left side. With one more look given to the captain and the chest, he moved to step outside.

The hunt was on!

But first, he had one task to complete.

As he moved past the door, he would whistle, soft and barely audible as if he was not trying. However, something responded to it. Fluttering from above the door way, a large moth danced down in the jaunting fashion moths flew in, as if controlled by strings that were suddenly plucked, pulling it in one direction before a different cord was struck and pulled it in the other. He held a hand out and once it landed in his palm, he closed the other around it, brought it to his mouth and whispered.

"Lead Heskan to me...."

A simple enough order. The moth was released and fluttered away to find the hired hand Honi had traveled with. Being the size of the chest and the thirsty gaze of those who stayed behind in the tavern, Honi could ill afford to waste a moment.

Last edited:
“The Bayou Bone Eater.....”

Willis leaned against one of the wooden poles of the docks listening to the captain’s story about the creature which lurked somewhere in the Bayou ripping his crewmen apart. Willis could tell that this man: Captain Blaine from what he heard was a Pirate, the fancy clothing, the expensive jewelry that he wore. Pirates loved to show off how much money they have and why not? The life of Pirate was short, so spend all loot you plundered and live for the moment! That was the creed Willis adopted during his time as a pirate.

Willis never heard of this shortcut Captain Blaine took. One would think to consult with the people of the Swallows: The Crime Syndicate that operated in the swamplands outside of Alliria. If you discover a secret trade route and don’t tell the people of the Swallows, expect to be “made an example of” while they claim the territory for themselves. As for the monster that attacked Captain Blaine’s crew, Willis immediately suspected Bullywags. They’re fiercely territorial creatures who would capture or kill anyone who steps inside their territory.

However, Willis eliminated the Frog people as a possibility. Bullywags are mean, vicious and petty but they don’t dismember their victims the way Captain Blaine described the victims. Dryads don’t resort to brutal tactics as well unless it’s necessary. It sounded like the Captain wanted this creature dead but he needed to show Willis the money. Sure enough, he did, displaying chests full of gold enough to buy two houses in Elibon. Willis’ mouth watered salivating the amount of gold that was available, he can already imagine the possibilities having that much coin with him. Pirates were always the best people to work with since they offer the most pay; just don’t piss them off.

“I’ll go,” Willis said walking towards the Pirate. “I’m an experienced Monster Hunter and I know the Swamplands well. Just gimmie that chest full of gold and you’ll have the best Monster Hunter this side of Alliria!”

Willis was prepared for anything that could attack him in the Bayou. Besides this Bone Eater could be a monster for the Grandmasters to record in the Academy.

Last edited:
Word travels quickly in Arethil. But it still helps to be in the general vicinity. Certainly if she just waited at the Adventurers Guild she would have heard way too late to get in on any of the action.
Naturally she had her ear to the pulse when it came to stories of monsters and such, and she had heard stories of monsters in the Bayou, but non had been nameworthy until she caught word of this particular monster.

If word was to be trusted the news originated from a ships captain at this tavern who was offering a reward for the death of this beast. She stood outside the Weasel Tail Tavern. She wore medium studded leather armor and had a greatsword sheathed on her back. She adjusted the light buckler on her left forearm and pulled back her hood to read the sign.
Well, it was time to strike a deal, kill a monster, and get rich.
She stomped up to the front door and pushed her way inside. It was easy to spot the captain as he stood with a crew around him. There were a few others who seemed to have stepped forward to accept the job and she was glad that there would be a diverse group of hunters to bring down this beast... Providing everyone cooperated with each other and made the best use of each others skills to complete this job.

She stepped forward and gave the captain a solute that her father taught her. She placed a fist against her chest and inclined her head to him. Her father always did this when greeting a client as a show of respect and willingness to serve. Thusly she approached the table and introduced herself to the captain.
"This is the group to hunt the creature called The Bone Eater? I am the Juggernaut, Kildare. Count me in and I guarantee the routs through the Bayou will be safe once more."

Captain Blane chuckled at her salute.
It was an older tradition but this one didn't seem old enough to be part of the old breed. She carried herself well though and he gave her a nod.
"Good. Dont care who does it long as that things rotting heads on the table. Then the reward is yours. How you choose to split it among yourself is of little concern." He waved the group off with a casual flick of his wrist.
"The things fast. And it aint easy to get an eyeful of. Good luck."
He said standing to retire for the night as two larger members of his crew picked up the chests and carried them behind him as he moved up the stairs.
"You'll need it."
He called down as his form shrank into the shadows of the stair case and a few of his men set up a table by it and began seeming to stand guard.

In The Bayou....

Rebecca sat by the dying embers of the fire eating. Her teeth crunched bone and rended flesh as she sank them into a leg. The blood ran down her chin as she ate it down to the foot and spat it out. Dirty things.
"P-Philip hated f-feet..." She muttered to herself as she grabbed the legs original owner. A pirate that had found himself missing a head and a leg.
The head sat by her on the ground.
An expression of absolute terror still etched into his features by the sculptor death. She pulled his right arm from his torso as easily as if it were a dead twig attached to a tree and threw the dismembered corpse into the water she sat by. It floated for a moment before a scaly body broke the surface and snapped it up smoothly in a single bite.
She began to munch on the arm as the 13 ft alligator slid up to the bank seemingly hungry for more.
"No..n-no more y-you old fatty.."
She said with a glare as she hissed at the monster like an angry cat and dropped the arm to the ground raising to her full height. It slipped back into the water with barely a splash as she sat back down and resumed her meal. She ate the entire arm bones and all before standing and picking a finger nail out from between her her bottom front teeth. She flicked it away with a sigh of disgust.
"T-he ink i-in their skin always r-ruins the flavor."
She continued to mutter to herself as she picked up the head and began to walk back to her old cabin.

"Then why dont you ssskinn them like I wanted to..."
A voice very different from her normal tone hissed as she glanced down at the head. Her hand was shoved inside it at the neck working its jaw as she spoke to herself.
"It's too much work...a-and I was h-hungry.."
She said to the head with a pout. "And b-besides the s-skin seals in the f-flavor."

"Bah! Lazy! Ignorant! No right to complain! If Philip saw you now he would...." The voice began.
"N-no..." She stuttered unable to meet the macabre hand puppets eyes as a tear rolled down her cheek mixing with the blood of her meal.

"He would...." It continued tauntingly.
"D-d-dont s-say i-it.." She said her stutter worsening in her distress

"He would slaughter you like the monster you are! He would carve you up without pity, Without mercy! Youve become something no one could love! No one could care for! You were born a monster. And now you look the part! They know not your name and speak of you like an animal!" It continued as it cackled.
"Y-Y-Your wrong!"
She shrieked as she sank her teeth into the face and ate it off as her hand continued to make it seem to cackle until only a few bits of flesh clung to the bare skull. She slammed it onto a sharpened stick neck to the door of her cabin were many more hung. Bones sang like wind chimes and rotting corpses hung in the trees as warnings swayed with the wind as a breeze caught the branches and she threw open her door and slammed it shut.
"Y-your wrong..."
She muttered to herself as she laid down on a blanket in the corner of the cabin walking in a small circle on all fours before relaxing and curling her tail around her.

What visitors to the Bayou will now see on approach.....

The shore is covered with pirate swords sunk blade down and different pieces of discarded armor along with empty chests turned upside down.
Upon entering any major water ways they will be greeted by the sound of clinking bones hung in the trees like chimes. Some are strung to string just above or even slightly under the water line to signal entrance without upsetting the craft. The ones hung in the trees are meant to unsettle but also to mask the true warning system.
Bodies will begin to appear hung in the trees in various states of decay with more and more frequency the closer you get to Rebecca's territory with signs around their necks. messages stem from "Pirate." To "Turn back." with others bearing various insults and hateful comments.
Further exploration down the waterways and any boat will come into contact with wooden and bone spikes aimed at an angle under the waters surface to punch holes in the hull. When the spikes sink back from the impact they trigger traps firing crossbow like bolts made of bone and wood. Various pungi spike pits covered in grass, snares that will snap you up and leave you hanging upside down while a sharpened tree trunk will swing from the trees and obliterate any who are hung there., and traps consisting of pulled back branches with spikes on the ends. Ready to snap into place when the trip wire is triggered.

The swamp, as if not off putting as is, had been made to mirror a nightmare. The thick soupy perfume of decay which hung heavy in the air was enough to gag him, yet Honi pushed forward. He could not however hide the scowl that befell his face as hard as he tried. He could think of many a local he would rather visit but given the reason he was here, he would not complain... To much.

He had long been dropped off, the small fishing boat he chartered for the trip having left him before moving to safer whats. He was to signal with a green flare, a interesting dwarven stick designed to burn bright green. It was tucked into the largest pouch on his hip and wrapped in a cloth to shield it from moister. He had no want to stay here longer then need be and he would be damned if a damp stick would be his undoing.

His initial going had been slow, as the area was laden with traps of various devious design. Each time he came upon one, he spent several minutes inspecting it's design. He never knew monsters to lay traps, which begged the question, what were they really hunting? This had all the makings of someone who wished to be left alone and not the beast the pirate described. Clicking his tongue in thought, Honi realized it was best to meet somewhere in the middle and not just simply assume.

This was a rather smart creature on the loose. Thankfully, he was a rather smart creature himself.

From what he could see, the majority of the traps were laid out against those traveling more common routes. Mainly, the ground. Looking to a large enough tree that would support his weight, he pointed both hands up, one at the desired tree and another at it's neighbor, and two hooks fired out. Sinking into the wood of the tree, the thin wire like tread grew taunted and lifted him off his feet. With in moments he was settling down upon the thick branch as the hooks returned to their housing with in his sleeves.

Free from prying eyes, he removed the head scarf and freed his large feline ears which instantly perked up. His tail unfurled from his waist, revealing it was no simply fur sash and the true nature of Honi was revealed. High above, Honi would not wait, golden eyes staring down. He was not hunting for the supposed monster however, he was after different prey. Why do the hard work of tracking the creature while he could have others do it for him? From above, he would follow and when the creature was discovered, then he would make his intentions known.

She nodded as the captain made his way up to his room. So specifics on location weren't to be given, but she reckoned she knew the pass he referred to well enough. It's where rumors of monsters were heaviest. She turned and looked at her companions... That is, anyone who stayed for the job which turned out to be a single dark skinned man.

She nodded to him. He had the look of an adventurer and seemed capable enough. "If you're willing, I have a boat we can take to the Bayou. And I suppose the better we know each other the better we can work together."
Without waiting for him she turned and began walking out of the Inn to go to said boat and get the mission started.
She was eager to get started. A monster like this would really get her name out there and she could actually begin to compare with her father.

Willis then saw a red-headed warrior pass by him. A smirk formed on his face, she looked cute and it seems that she was going to be part of the team to take down this Bayou Bone Eater. A fellow Monster Hunter? Perhaps but it's good to find a woman who shares his interest. While he followed the woman to the Captain, Willis noted her three deep scars across her cheek. It made her look even more attractive to the Monster Hunter.

Catching up to her, Willis smiled. "Why hello there," he said. "You're going to help us slay the Bayou Bone Eater? My name is Willis Reede: Mercenary, Monster Hunter and a man who has a good eye for pretty women," his eyes narrowed to the Red Headed woman. "And who might you be?" he asked.

@Zari'to Honi

Her ears pricked up as she moved through the trees. Her camouflage flared up as she heard another trap snap. Though many of her traps had been triggered nothing seemed to be caught in them.
She sniffed around curiously as her tail flicked around in annoyance. Something was trespassing. She growled annoyed as she reset the triggered traps and continued to move following the trail of her unwanted visitor.
Finally ahead of her she heard the sound of climbing. Her claws extended from her fingers and sunk into the tree next to her as she climbed quickly almost invisible as her scales flared up. Her eyes fell on the intruder. It was a human. She paused as she saw his ears and tail though. Was he like her? She jumped to a branch behind him a little louder than she would normally.
If it was hostile she would tear it limb from limb..but if not..She uncloaked coming into full view. Her tail flicked behind her curiously, but a bone spine grew from it ready to be launched should he turn hostile. As she gave a slight growl. Her bright pink eyes staring into the intruders. Her head tilted to the side curiously. She appeared human but more feline than Zari'to Honi. Her blonde hair seemed to continue down the back of her neck slightly like a mane of sorts though long on top both sides were shaved off completely and the rest was pulled pulled back in a ponytail braided in places into long dread locks.
Alligator teeth and finger bones were threaded through them like jewelry. Along with a necklace of gold pirate teeth she wore around her neck. Blood stained her small delicate mouth.
Blood seemed to be smeared along her left and right cheeks as well like war paint. She gave him a curious sort of growl.

Though it appeared he was simply sitting upon his branch, the neko had been hard at work, his attention split between listening, ears perked up, twitching and moving in the direction of the slightest noise he heard. His eyes had grown larger as well, golden pools soaking up the details of everything below him, searching for... Well he did not know exactly what he was searching for.

Still, despite being alert and his senses being dialed up, he couldn't track her. Whispers of her presence tickled the edge of his perception and he quickly realized she was coming closer. He began to grow nervous, beads of sweat forming on his brow. Every where he looked to, he felt as if he were a moment late. She was moving fast and seemed to know exactly where he was at.

His hand moved to hover above his blade, the intentions of baring it clear it would seem.

Only if it strikes. The reminder echoed in his head.

The sound of her climbing drifted to him next and before he could react, she was behind him, his back exposed to her. Damn she was fast.

His tail stood on end, the fur puffed out in alert. Slowly, he moved his head to the side, hoping to appear as nonthreatening as possible and he froze as she finally came into view.

"... Beautiful..." He blurted out. He could not phantom the beast he sort was... Her. And there was no mistaking it. Though his sense of smell was not as sharp as his ability to hear and see, she carried the same scent left behind on the traps set.

"Gave me a fright..." He ventured to say as he slowly moved his hand away from his blade in a show of surrender.He didn't want to spook her... He had to see if she could speak after all.

He spoke to her calmly. Her ears twitched to copy his as her pink eyes never left his golden gaze. She moved closer landing on a tree branch that was in between them. She opened her mouth to reply as she moved close enough to where they could almost reach out and touch each other. That was when she smelled it. Pirate. It was faint a day old at best, but now that he was close it was clear as day. She growled like an angry lion as her eyes turned from pink to blood red. Her tail rose behind her like angry snake.
The spine dripped venom. Her small delicate mouth widened as the skin around the corners of her mouth seemed to pull apart giving her the illusion of a wide evil smile.
With two sickening clicks as her jaw unhinged to make room for the second row of teeth pushing out almost two inches. They sprung from in front of her normal human like teeth and seemed like rows of serrated needles.
Venom began to drip from them as well.
Ropes of it fell from her mouth like drool and whatever it fell on began to smoke and melt like acid.
The hair on the back of her neck and along the back of her tail stood straight up as she sunk into a pouncing position.

• Yay
Reactions: Zari'to Honi
He watched this, the beauty before him shifting into the creature the pirate spoke up and he was in awe... And lost in a bout of fear.

Honi however had survived a great many dreads however and hopefully this will be no different. He raised his arms instinctively to defend himself in defense, what ever good that would do him, and he rapidly. "Icametohelpyou!"

He was still alive so far. "A pirate captain put a price on your head and hunters are coming to claim it!"

He cried out. Was it true? Did he come to help? If so what business did he have with her? Given the chance, he would gladly explain if she wasn't tearing into him.

• Yay
Reactions: Rebecca Fourtuna
"Why do you come here." She growled gnashing her teeth. Her voice was deep and sounded monstrious. It was full of rage and deep hatred
"Your hunter arent you!" She shrieked
"The pirates come and take! They defile land. Kill animals. My Land! Paid for! My blood!" She continued. Her claws dug into the timber deeply as easily as hot knives into butter. She could speak, but her language and phrasing seemed primitive. She knew common tounge but seemed slightly out of practice. Like a sword rusted and dull from lack of use. A spine shot through the air like it was fired from a bow.
Thuding into the trunk next to his head. Another grew to take its place on her tail as it lined up its next shot dead center.
That miss was purposeful, and as the spot around where the spine sunk into the trunk began to rot and decay even a scratch would be serious.
"Explain." She growled.
Why she wasnt tearing him to shreds was beyond her. maybe it was the way he spoke calmly. Maybe it was the fact he looked so much like her.
The idea of there being more like her at least somewhat...It filled her with hope...Maybe she wasnt alone...But look like her or not he smelled of pirate, and was trespassing in her territory. That was strike one and two. He had better not gain another.

• Yay
And explain he would. She was willing to listen though she made her threats clear. He turned to look at the spine in the trunk and noted how it's poison worked. He would hate to receive that treatment next.

"I serve a wealthy merchant who's ships have been under attack the last few months by pirates... Recently however, his ships have fared better. He sent me to see what was keeping the pirate population as bay... A pirate captain is currently hiring hunters to find the... Person who has been killing pirates in this area.... I don't want the person who has been killing pirates hunted..."

He hoped that explained why he was there. "You being here is good for my master... Lesser pirates means better business for him."

It was the truth. Mostly. Depending if he died or not, he may tell her the other reason he was there.

Head lowered in submission, his kept his hands leveled as he tail swayed lazily back and forth.

• Yay
Her eyes turned to a darker pink and her teeth slid back in as her jaw clicked back into place.
But a twinge of red still remained along with her deep voice. Her spine didnt lower as she slowly hopped over to the branch he sat on. Her tail hovered in front of his face ready to strike like a scorpion while she began sniffing around his feet and up his leg. Her hair brushed the back of his right open hand as she seemingly sized him up.
The Bone Eater's hair was soft as velvet even if unkempt. The bones and teeth clicked slightly as it brushed under his hand. Her ear's twitched back up and forward and the spine shrunk back into her cat like tail. Her eyes turned back to their bright pink as she turned back into the beauty he'd seen before. Her voice seemed to turn as well.
The deep growling voice vanished as she spoke this time with a stuttered. A common speech impediment earned from the many beatings she'd been on the receiving end of as a slave on the pirate ship her parents had sold her onto.
"A-a r-rich merchant f-family? H-helping?"
She seemed confused. Her animalistic side didnt really understand or care what those words meant but her human side insisted they were good things.

Last edited:
  • Yay
There it was, the light at the end of tunnel. he had gotten to her and the relief was visible as he sighed, his anxiety subsiding.

"A rich merchant, yes... Your presence here has been aiding his ships... as the pirates nesting in the area have looked elsewhere for refuge... At least the majority of them... Can I.. Put my arms down?" He asked in a meek voice, hoping he had truly gotten through to her.

He waited for her answer with wide golden eyes. Such a odd creature she was, something devised for combat yet coupled with a striking beauty. A very dangerous combination.

• Yay
She nodded slowly.
Her tail wrapped around his right hand pulling it down slowly. She still seemed suspicious as she continued to sniff around him. Her eyes still slightly narrow.
She seemed to sort of drop her guard. She sat like a cat looking at him. "S-so m-more hunters are c-coming?" She said noticing some stray blood on her arm she began to lick it up absentmindedly.
"And you look like me...B-but you d-dont smell like m-me."
She said as she finished licking up the dried blood and smelled up his chest and neck almost to double check and see if she missed something.
She was so close he could feel the breath on his neck as she stayed there for a moment before looking at his ears more closely as well.

• Yay
"O...Oh you're friendly." Honi let out as she she continued to check him and he could feel her breath against him.

"Similar yes.. Not exactly the same... Which is why I wish to help you... You aren't a monster.. Just someone protecting her land.... But to protect you... We may have to leave your land.. I have a plan..." And being that she was so close, he risked touching her, his tail gently rubbing against her arm.

• Yay
She held up her arm examining his tail compared to her own. "L-Leave? N-no.." Her eyes turned back red as she got close to his face. "No!" Her deep voice returned as her teeth grew back. her fist fired beside his head leaving a crater as it sunk into the wood.

• Yay
Oddly, Honi did not seem as meek as he first had and hardly flinched at her display of strength. He sat there staring her directly in her eyes as he tail moved against her arm in a calming motion.

"We can kill as many hunters as we like... But they will keep coming as long as a prize is offered... however if we kill the man who is offering the prize and take it, the hunters have no reason to continue to come... Makes sense, no?"

"Well then if you won't go to him... We have to find a way to get him to come to us..." He tapped his chin in thought, trying to devise a way. How could they possibly get the pirate captain out to them.

"Kill him... No reward. No reward... No hunters." he repeated again just so she understood what he was aiming to do.

As the two made their way to the docks Willow introduced herself to the cocky monster hunter.
"I'm Willow Kildare, The Little Juggernaut. Gold class adventurer and the red widow maker"
The last title was BS and she let him know it by turning and grinning at him sadistically.

She stepped off the docks into her small sailboat. Assuming he followed her she began to set sail immediately and make their way to the swamp as quickly as possible.

She entered the swamp by the main channel. and folded up the sails, breaking out the oars and handing the monster hunter an oar she spoke in a whisper.
"Paddle quietly, the alligators in the bayou are nothing to trifle with so steer away from them. I imagine we'll know it when we get close to the Bone Eaters lair. Keep a sharp eye out and I hope you're as good as a monster hunters reputation says you are."

If nothing else, she may have to use this guy as bait to assess what it is they are dealing with exactly.