Private Tales The Great Autumn Fae Bake Off

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The cake smelled delicious and she looked at it longingly as Luella pulled it out of the oven. She was ready to dig into it when Lue mentioned frosting. "Yes! Frosting sounds perfect!" She took a drink of her wine and smiled at her best friend. Her only female friend really. She liked hanging out with Lue even if it was usually Samara being happy and Luella scowling.

"Do you need help with it?" Not that Samara knew how to make frosting, but she could follow directions well enough. She drank a little more wine and walked over to the counter that was holding the freshly baked cake. She bent down and took a deep inhale of the best smell in the world. "Also, this cake smells so good. I wanna just dig into it right now but I will wait for frosting because frosting makes everything better!"

Luella Balsinde

I got it, don’t worry. But…. At least wait for the cake to cool, at least,” Luella said, her lips tilting up ever so slightly as she put together what they would need for the frosting. It involved quite a bit of sugar, which Luella was happy to add into the bowl. With a clean whisk, the duanann began the challenge that was making frosting from scratch. Luckily for both of the women, Luella was not lacking in strength and had the endurance to match. The task ahead was quick even though it took minutes.

The cake had cooled considerably— Luella may or may not have used some of her affinity to air for that— and it wasn’t long until she lathered the frosting all over the cake. Before grabbing a knife, Luella refilled their glasses, another bottle empty. Clean plates and forks were pulled out and then the cake was sliced. A large slice for them both. Luella handed Samara the cake. “Tell me… if you like it… if it’s not good I could make something else more to your liking or… something of the sort….” Luella mumbled, unable to make eye contact but yet holding her breath as she waited for Samara to take a bite.

Samara Khalid

Samara took the plate from Luella and smiled widely. She loved sweets! It was her not so secret, not so guilty pleasure. She would eat sweet all day, every day if it was an option. Unfortunately, she needed a little thing called protein. Life was clearly unfair.

The shuck picked up the fork with glee and grabbed a large bite with it. She brought it to her mouth and after a few moments of silence - to drive Lue insane - she smiled. "It is great, Lue. Really great." She was already going in for another bite and then another. Damn sweets got her every time.

She took a break from the cake to take a drink of the wine and then took another bite of the cake. "Seriously, Lue, I am going to eat the entire cake."

Even though Samara loved sweets, she was not going to eat something that was meh because it contained sugar. No, she wanted quality and this cake was quality. "What do you think?"

Luella Balsinde

Luella’s face brightened up immediately that moment Samara said her cake was delicious. She sheepishly looked down to hide the small smile that had appeared to enhance her fair features. She took a free hand and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear before she finally took a bite of her own cake. It was delicious. Thank goodness. Looks like even after all these centuries of seriously focusing on her career, she could still bake quite decently. Good to know.

Have as much as you like, gods know we can give our diets a break,” Luella said, before pausing, wondering if black shucks needed to be on any sort of diet. She felt that species had always had a more obvious athleticism to them compared to duanann, especially when the women were compared. Perhaps she only spoke for herself. “I’ll probably have another slice.” Luella added, truly wanting her friend to eat as much as she wanted.

Samara Khalid