Private Tales The First Thread

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
For a few seconds the Drow only smiled. It was a surprisingly, calm smile. The expression easing over his features as he studied Kami. It almost seemed like he would let it go, that he wouldn't blame her for trying to escape.

But, luck wasn't with her.

As quick as a viper Nyros' hand suddenly shot up. He struck out within an instant, lashing upward and slamming the back of his palm against Kami's face. Striking hard enough to throw a grown man off of his feet, much less her.

"Oh yes." He said simply.

"I most assuredly can." Nyros said coldly. "And a back of the hand is the least I can do with that blame."

The Drow said coldly.

The pain lanced through her face as he hit her. She cried out and was thrown backwards from her hands and knees. Her nose was bleeding and she was pretty sure it was broke this time. She glared up at him before trying to struggle to her feet.

"Fuck you, Nyros," she said as she ripped some of her filthy shirt off to use as a rag to stop the bleeding.

"You are a fucking cunt!"

Kami couldn't blame him though because she would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed. She had tried to escape but it still came back to the fact that he had kidnapped her so he was still in the wrong all around.

"I hope one of those hits kills me so your goddess gets very angry with you," she hissed.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Nyros
"Unlikely." He told her, his voice as cold as steel. The white of his eyes seemed caught on her for the first time. The barest hint of pupils eeking through the eternal abyss of his gaze. Lips thin and then skull like mask more lifelike than ever.

"Lleth provides." Nyros said as slowly he squatted down besides her. "If I kill you."

A small smile touched his face. "I think the Pallid Princess will simply bring you back."

The smile on his face widened.

"For she lead us here to find her, Kami." His head cocked. "Even here, in the midst of nowhere. She pulls her strings."

Slowly he turned back towards the tribal encampment. "Don't make me drag you."

He stated plainly.

The shadows finally let her go and she got to her feet with a few more curses in the direction of the drow. She had absolutely no doubt that he would drag her if she did not go willingly.

"It would great if she could just kill you," Kami mumbled as she started to walk behind Nyros towards the camp.

There was a chance they would help her. She wasn't human and that was who they hated. She might have a chance of escaping this asshole.

A small chance? Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully.

"She one day will." Nyros assured Kami, as though it might offer the girl any semblance of calm. He knew the situation he had put her in, and despite his words he did not cloak any sort of sympathy into his tone.

The Drow had none.

He'd suffered for decades within the abyss. Tortures, beaten, brought to the brink again and again by his own family. There was no pain that he had not endured, no humiliation that had not been cut into his flesh. Kami could survive the same. Would by the end of this. "Lleth takes us all into her web by the end."

Nyros remarked as the two of them passed out from the clearing and stepped into the camp. His face remained completely impassive, and he left behind the tribal which he had taken from the camp itself. "Speak my words exactly, little mage."

He whispered to Kami.

"Otherwise I think you will find even less hope among these men than you find with me." The words were not a threat, and yet they sounded more truth than lie.

Kami couldn't help the eye roll that happened at his words. She wanted him dead now. One day and by the end were too far away for her liking. She just knew she needed to get away from him. Him and Lleth. They were both insane, she suspected.

"Speak my words exactly, little mage."

The elf glared at the drow. She had forgotten briefly that he did not speak the language and she could actually say whatever she wanted. He would have no idea.

"Otherwise I think you will find even less hope among these men than you find with me."

A chill of fear ran down her spine whn Nyros spoke again.

Were they worse than him or was he just trying to scare her? She was torn on what she would do now. She, obviously, did not want to end up in a worse situation here.

"Fine," Kami said simply in agreement.

• Popcorn
The moment the two of them stepped out from the Jungle a dozen faces turned towards them. Some drew steel from scabbard, others knocked arrows, and one pulled himself up from beyond and altar.

His face was marred and marked with dozens of scars and tattoos. Eyes bright yellow. He stared directly at Nyros, peering at the skull-faced Drow with a mixture of confusion and fear. Nyros cool or already see it in his eyes, the recognition of what this was.

Had he seen it? "Speak loudly."

Nyros instructed Kami.

"You know not who we are, and yet you know my god. For she is yours." The Gods were not claimed by the overbright or Underrealm. Lleth moved where she pleased, whether in the form of the spider or this 'Pallid Princess.

"We have come at her call." He continued simply. "Will you heed it?"

Kami sneered at Nyros' order. Obviously she would speak loudly. She wanted them to hear. The question was if she was going to actually say what she was supposed to.

Kami made the decision as she looked over the tribe in front of them.

She would do as she was told this once.

"You know not who we are, and yet you know my god. For she is yours."

Her words were loud and commanding as she repeated what Nyros had said word for word. Some of the stances seemed to relax slightly but the majority were still ready to attack at a moments notice.

"We have come at her call," she continued to speak his words in their shared language. "Will you heed it?"

The elf looked at the man who had been behind the altar as she asked Nyros' question.

• Popcorn
For a brief moment Nyros thought the Elves surrounding them would not listen to them. That the two foreigners would be cut down and ended before they could take another breath.

It was a stillness in the air.

As though every heart had stopped beating all at once. The Drows empty white eyes peered at those around them. Gaze flickering between the different elves. Some seemed more tense than others, a few looked almost…relieved in a way. Though Nyros did not know why.

The strange elf behind the altar seemed to stall for a moment more. Considering, thinking. And then finally he spoke once more in that strange tongue. His voice was a strange clatter, as though his throat had been half carved and burnt.

"We heed the call."​

Kami would hear.

"But what proof do you have?"​

The guttural tone rang out within the clearing. Those elves that were already tense seemed to firm up even more. Their gaze dark and hungry for violence. Nyros didn't seem to take note of them, standing stoic and uninterested as he waited for Kami's translation.

Kami was not really a fan of being the translator here. What choice did she have though? None.

She repeated their words in the common tongue that Nyros and her shared.

"We heed the call, but what proof do you have?"

She was a little curious how Nyros was going to prove that they worshipped the same deity. Her blue eyes traveled over the strange elves before falling on Nyros. A well what is next look was clear on her face as she stared at the drow.