Private Tales The First Thread

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Kami did two things simultaneously because she was now in fight or flight mode. Her flight had been cut off so that left fighting. She bit the hand that was covering her mouth and kneed up to hit Nyros in the crotch.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Nyros
Teeth sank into his fingers, a rapturous sort of pain that some men paid for. He smirked wide, glancing down at her and about to say something when she moved at the same time.

Kami's knee shot up, but before it could find it's mark Nyros own leg kicked up. Their shins impacted, jolts of agony likely sending through both of them as the Drow guarded himself. "Ah ah ah."

The Drow remarked.

"Bite all you want." He hissed. "But that's a little much."

Suddenly his hand shot forward, aiming to strike her kidney and send her sprawling to the floor.

Kami's shin screamed as he blocked her kick. She did not have time to dwell on the pain though. She needed to get away from him. She knew she was going to die if she didn't.

Her brows knitted together at his comment about her kick to the crotch being too much. He could break into her room and attack her but she wasn't allowed to kick him where she knew he would go down? Seemed fair.

Again, there was no time to comment before the air whooshed out of her with his punch. She grunted as the pain spread through her at the same time she hit the floor. She tried to stop her fall but she failed and her head hit the ground hard.

She was not knocked out but the pain mixed with the now moving room made it difficult for her to get up.

"What...do...you...want...?" Kami managed to gasp out as she tried to keep a grasp on the room even as it started to darken more.

• Popcorn
Nyros took a careful, planned step. The fall of his foot striking just a few centimeters away from Kami's face. Slowly he squatted down, looking at her half crumpled form. "Me?"

He echoed.

"I'm not entirely sure." There was no lie to his tongue. He had absolutely no idea what he wanted from her, from anyone up in this world. The Heart was what drove him, and even now he could feel it's pull. "But."

Slowly the Drow squatted. "I have a feeling we're going to find out together."

Fingers slowly reached out, threading through her raven hair.

"And won't that be fun?" Nyros said, his voice breaking into a cackle.

Kami was so confused. He didn’t know what he wanted from her? Why was he here then? Her head hurt, her body hurt, and she knew she had to stop him from taking her.

His fingers curled into her long hair and his words made a snarl form on her lips. No, it wouldn’t be fun at all, she thought.

Kami reached up a hand and closed it around the arm that was holding her hair. A moment later she sent her magic out in a last ditch effort to make him go away. The volts of power would travel through him like he had gotten struck by lightning.

• Sip
Pain.

Sweet, delicious pain. It wracked through every reach of his body. Every nerve, every muscle. Lightning struck through him, coursing against his bones. Teeth snapped together, fingers tightened to a vice like grip. He felt the Heart quiver.

Pulse.

His entire body seemed to quiver. Eyes rolling upward as lids fell shut. Teeth grinding together as the agony of Kami's magic rushed through him.

Then he felt it.

A surge. Not the lightning, not the magic, but something else. Lleth speaking to him, whispering in his ear. Eyes shot open, small twitches running through his muscles. Smoke rising from his skin as his jaw unwound. "Oh."

The Drow said softly.

"Now I understand." He mused, a wicked grin spreading on his lips.

Kami thanked her magic for cooperating with her in her time of need. She usually didn't have an issue casting her lightning but sometimes it wouldn't cast when she was in intense situations. It had caused her to get stuck in predicaments a few times but fortunately it worked here.

Or unfortunately based on the creepy ass grin on Nyros' face now.

Usually it knocked the person (or people) touching her out but not him. He seemed to enjoy it and had actually gripped her hair tighter than before.

She was sure that she was going to die now. If her lightning had not hurt him like it should have then she was in trouble.

"Why didn't that seriously hurt you?"
Kami asked, confusion lacing her voice.

She was actually so confused that she had forgotten for a moment that she was terrified for her life.

• Sip
"Oh." He smiled wickedly. "Oh it did."

But pain, pain was a friend.

A lifetime companion, granted to him by the Priests of the Old Golds. His parents. Anyone else whom had ever loved him. The wicked smile parted his lips again, the skull peering down at her as he drew her slightly more upward. "Agony, anguish, hurt."

He smiled wider somehow, a cheshire grin.

"They all have their own fun." Slowly Nyros leaned in.

The heart in his chest pulsed. "Maybe I'll teach you."

"Maybe I'll teach you."

Kami just stared at Nyros in disbelief. Was he not going to kill her? What did he want then?

His strong hands were still holding her by her hair and she tried to pull away from him with no success. He was stronger than her.

"What do you want?" Kami asked with a voice that held more confidence than she felt.

She was terrified. If he wasn't going to kill her than what was he going to do?

• Sip
"Oh." Nyros mused out loud.

It was a question that he could not have answered under the arch-lectors watchful touch. Not one that any amount of pain could have extracted from him. The very idea was somehow...foreign to him, some distant thing he could not reach.

A smile touched his lips.

"I don't know." He answered truthfully. "But."

The Drow continued. 'I am so very eager to find out."

In his chest he felt the Heat of Lleth, pulse. He felt the ancient artifact crawl and reach through his being. It was like the thrum of a breath. The beat of a real heart. An echo of a life that he might have had if he'd made a different choice.

"Perhaps you'd like to learn with me?" He asked, his voice a mockery.

Kami stared at him with her lips slightly parted like she was about to speak but she thought better of it. The truth was that she had no idea what to say.

She ran through the facts in her mind: he broke into her room, attacked her, and was now saying that he had no idea what he wanted. Oh yes, that made perfect sense.

What the actual fuck, she thought as she finally closed her mouth.

“No, I cannot say that learning with you is on my list of things I would like to do,” her mocking sweetness was very noticeable.

“Are you going to kill me?”

Perhaps if she continued to ask questions, she would get an answer.

For a few seconds Nyros closed his eyes.

The grip on her hair didn't slacken in the slightest. His fingers a vice that would have made steel seem soft. She would be able to see the lids of his eyes twitch, as though what lay beneath squirmed back and forth.

A heartbeat passed.

His lips parted ever so briefly, almost as though he were saying a prayer. She'd hear a whisper, bare, quiet. Just loud enough that it would trickle against her ears. Then finally his white eyes snapped open once again. That Cheshire grin spreading on his face.

"No." He told her. "No no."

Nyros continued. "You I'm going to keep alive."

Then, without any more ceremony at all his fist came crashing into her face. The blow strong enough to knock her unconscious.

The white eyes creeped her out even more as he opened them abruptly and smiled like a madman.

Kami was going to ask for what when she saw the fist flying towards her face.

It was the last thing she remembered before the pain and the blackness.

• Popcorn
Violence, in much of the world, was abhorred.

Not in the Underark though. It was part of life. A piece of how they lived, survived, thrived. Even the Priests knew that. There was no end to violence, to blades across the throat, to those virulent and haphazard deaths that plagued the lands.

That was how it was.

How it would always be.

The Told Gods demanded it. Torture. Hurt. Pain and blood. Those were the sacrifices called for, and despite his exile Nyros would stay to them. Their word, their call worth the weight.

Kami would awaken not within the dark. Not sequestered in a small room, but draped over the shoulder. Her hands and feet bound. Her mouth gagged with a knot of rope. Silence brought forth by the simple stance of her being.

The bouncing was the first thing she noticed as she came to. The splitting headache was the second. She slowly opened her eyes to see where she was and quickly realized that she was slung over a shoulder. Her jaw hurt from the gag in her mouth and she couldn't move her hands to take it out of her mouth.

Kami squirmed and tried to kick up to hit her captor in the face. She also tried to yell and scream but she could not be heard thanks to the rope keeping her silent.

• Popcorn
His grip tightened as Kami struggled more.

They were already far from Alliria by now. The stolen heart that settled long ago within his chest had allowed him to skip the night of sleep he might ordinarily have required. He had simply taken the little mage and headed West, knowing it was the more remote part.

"Perhaps you best stop doing that." The Drow remarked coldly as Kami began to struggle against him.

The intensity in his voice suggested it was not a suggestion. "Lest I cut off your legs."

He was pretty sure she did not need those for magic.

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: KamiTaladren
Kami didn’t stop struggling until the man issued his threat. She knew that voice now. Nyros. She huffed and kicked him once more for good measure.

He was lucky that she was attached (literally and figuratively) to her body parts. So instead of struggling, she just started cursing at him in every language she knew with every word she knew. It was all mumbles but at least it helped her mood slightly.

It was another few hours before they finally came to a stop.

Within a copse of trees on a small hilltop Nyros finally set Kami down. His touch was surprisingly gentle for a kidnapper and torturer. Putting Kami on the ground as though she were delicate vase that might snap into pieces at any time.

"Now." He mused out loud to her.

His eyes narrowed slightly. "Will you behave?"

The Drow asked.

"Or shall I keep you as a meek little lamb?" It was hard to say how these overworlders would react to things. Sometimes they could be mild. Sometimes they would lash out as though they were in their death throes.

Kami definitely dozed off a few times during the walk but she was awake when they finally stopped. She glared at Nyros as he gently set her down onto the ground. She wanted to murder him. Slowly and painfully.

The mage growled at him through her gag. Something akin to I will fucking kill you came out in gurgled muffles. She just grew frustrated and growled again.

"I've seen eyes like that before." He mused. "But usually from people with more...stature."

The Drow chuckled, as though he'd told some fantastic joke. His head shook. "Not to worry, you'll get your chance."

He spoke almost as if she were actually answering him, conversing with him. The expression on his face was one of madness. Reality warping and changing to suit his needs every time he opened his mouth. It was a delusion, that was sure.

But how deep that ran was difficult to tell. "It'll be easier to figure this out if you help me."

The Drow pointed out, finger gently tapping his chest.

"Otherwise, I'll have to resort to my own methods." As he spoke, a blade slipped into the crook of his fingers.

Kami growled again. He was all talk and threats when she could not do anything to fight back.

I would rather die is what mumbled out from the gag. She was really getting tired of not being able to talk. Well...threaten the stupid drow in this case.

She paused when she saw the knife and she tensed up immediately.

Fine, she mumbled again through the gag.

• Smug
The blade flickered forward.

It seemed to move even before the gave a full answer. Before she said anything at all. The tip of steel pressed against her skin. She would feel it's fade against her neck, drawing, pressing over her flesh for just a brief moment before it's tip slid higher.

Slowly the blade cut through the rope. "Now."

The Drow said simply.

"We have a mystery to solve." A small smile touched his face. "Let's solve it together."

He mused. "No?"

Kami was frozen in fear as his blade explored her neck. She didn’t even dare to breath out of fear that he would slip and she’d be dead before she hit the ground.

She spit the rope gag out of her mouth before resuming her glaring at Nyros.

Kami had to admit she was a little curious as to why he had taken her and now he mentioned solving a mystery. He didn’t even know her and, yet, he had taken her to help him.

None of this made sense.

“What mystery?” She asked tentatively.

• Popcorn
Nyros smiled, as though he had taken some grand step towards getting what he wanted. His hand reached up, slowly dragging over his hair as he studied her. "You see."

Fingers curled in on themselves.

"I'm not exactly like you." A fool could see that of course. She was an Elf, he a Drow. Cousins, by most estimations on those who lived in Arethil, but different enough that they were separate species in many eyes.

Yet that wasn't what he referred to.

"I don't have a heart." He pointed to his chest. "Quite literally."

Nyros smirked. "I tore it free, ripped it from my chest and left it behind as a relic."

Kami just gave him a look that said well that is fucking obvious when he said he was not exactly like her. She had a feeling that he was referring to something else, of course.

She was determined that she was not going to indulge him anymore. That was it. She asked the question. There would be no follow up ones. He was way too pleased to talk about himself.

The mage's mouth dropped open slightly at the revelation that the drow in front of her literally had no heart. No...that could not be right. That sounded ridiculous. That was impossible. He would be dead.

Then that smirk that made her want to scream and continuing with his story.

"I tore it free, ripped it from my chest and left it behind as a relic."

"What. The. Fuck." Kami said slowly.

Obviously her resolve to not ask questions was going to hold with that little tidbit.

"How are you alive?"

• Popcorn